Force Fight: Yoda (ROTS) vs. Darth Vader (TESB)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Scenario I: Aboard the Death Star, within the Emperor's Throne Room, on opposite sides stands the most powerful Jedi of his era. On the other stands the Sith Lord apprentice of the fight's host. The Emperor is in attendance.

Scenario II: Insider the Senate chamber room. No one is there but the two combatants.

No Lightsabers, Force Powers Only

Who is the more powerful Force combatant? Who wins?

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Scenario I: Aboard the Death Star, within the Emperor's Throne Room, on opposite sides stands the most powerful Jedi of his era. On the other stands the Sith Lord apprentice of the fight's host. The Emperor is in attendance.

Scenario II: Insider the Senate chamber room. No one is there but the two combatants.

No Lightsabers, Force Powers Only

Who is the more powerful Force combatant? Who wins? Just from Evidence I would of thought Yoda would win him and his wonderful Force feats.

Q99
Vader's only hope is if he can somehow drag it out. He's got plenty of endurance.

Still, Yoda's got more power and experience so that's not too likely.

Lord Lucien
Yeah Vader's TK is good. Very good. But something just says "Yoda wins".

Hewhoknowsall

Wouldn't the Emperor, like, help?

Anyhow, Yoda wins.

Yoda wins with ease, ESB Vader wouldn't be agile enough to dodge senate pods, whereas Yoda would be running circles around him.

BruceSkywalker
unless Yoda is gimped somehow, Vader lsoes

Darth Martin
The Emperor is only there to watch. Something tells me he wouldn't assist Vader even if he could. I think he'd try to recruit Yoda to be his Sith apprentice. sad Sad, I know.

OT Vader at his peak is stated by Lucas to be 80% of ROTJ Palpatine. Considering that the Emperor grew considerably in power in-between ROTS-ROTJ, wouldn't that mean Vader is closer than 80% to ROTS Sidious?

Vader has displayed highly impressive feats of telekinesis in the films, books, and games. He also seems to be able to directly effect an object at a quicker rate. Whereas with Yoda, it almost always takes a considerable amount of concentration to move anything.

Vader has been known to crush a durasteel door or wall of some sort, I belive on Mustufar prior to his suit. I also believe he has thrown large pillars inside the Jedi Temple during Operation Knightfall. He has battled Marek with the Force, eventually being overpowered but, obviously, Marek was extremely powerful in his own right. Enough to block OT Palpatine's lightning.

Both Yoda and Vader seem to have similar displays of power. Both have easily floored opponents. Yoda demonstrated this manuever with ease against the Emperor's royal guard in the Senate building. Vader restrained Boba Fett to the point that he was glued to the floor, incapable of moving.

Vader has seemingly perfected the art of the Force choke, grip, etc. Whether it's lifting one of his officers dozens of feet in the air, choking one of his minions over time to prevent air, or casually crushing the throat of a Jedi Master.

Vader glaring weakness seems to be Force Lighting. Yoda can deal with it with ease, however, I doubt he will produce it.

I thought these two would be relatively close in power, not equal perhaps, but close.

Hewhoknowsall
The Emperor is only there to watch. Something tells me he wouldn't assist Vader even if he could. I think he'd try to recruit Yoda to be his Sith apprentice. sad Sad, I know.

Uh, even if he were to convert Yoda (which would be virtually impossible), Dooku noted that a DS Yoda could annihilate even Sidious...so why would Yoda bow down to Sidious?

truejedi
That was one of the all-time greatest quotes about Yoda. Dooku trembled, doesn't it say?

ares834
Intestingly enough. In the new Star Wars book Head to Head it claims Vader could defeat Yoda.

truejedi
Head to Head? Is that a novel?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Yoda wins with ease, ESB Vader wouldn't be agile enough to dodge senate pods, whereas Yoda would be running circles around him. Senate pods? Yoda only threw one, and did it with considerably more effort than Sidious did(who threw alot more). Why couldn't Vader simply block the pods or push them out of the way? This is the same Sith Lord who trained Galen Marek.

Lord Lucien
The ease at which Vader picked up and threw that big stone table tells me that Senate pods wouldn't be that big of a deal.

truejedi
Like to point out that Sidious was throwing pods DOWN, Yoda threw it straight up fast enough that Sidious couldn't block it. (Whereas Yoda had blocked one that was falling on top of him)

Lord Lucien
And Sidious was putting a spin on his.

Hewhoknowsall
Senate pods? Yoda only threw one, and did it with considerably more effort than Sidious did(who threw alot more). Why couldn't Vader simply block the pods or push them out of the way? This is the same Sith Lord who trained Galen Marek.

As others have said, Sidious threw them down, but since the senate pods would naturally fall down anyway due to gravity Sidious really just needed to direct them/possibly give them some extra Force (pun sort of intended), whereas Yoda stopped one coming at him at full speed and reversed it back up.

truejedi
lucien, you mean Yoda, right?

Lord Lucien
Actually, I meant to say" wasn't" but that works as well.

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi
Head to Head? Is that a novel?
No. Its a children's book that tell the outcomes of certain battles.
Here is a link...

Lord Lucien
And it's canon is not canon, I assume.

truejedi
oh my. So children can now do, with a book, what we have done for years?

I hate that book, and everything it represents.

Nephthys
**** you George Lucas. Jus- just **** you.

Hewhoknowsall
Actually, that would be an AMAZING book...well, if it were canon/serious, valid/analyctical/logical and not a children's book (although I haven't read this book, so I can't say for sure).

Think about it; all of our matchups that we've been debating in this forum being written down in an official SW book!

Maybe it could have Luke vs Bane and test Nebaris's theory.

But I clicked on the link that lead to the matchup between Yoda and Vader...and it's an epic fail. Can someone tell me why Yoda's "special move" is a Force push, something that all Jedi/Sith with a year or so of training can do? Why Vader's is "saber throw" Yoda has done this as well? Why they didn't factor in numerous other factors? Ah well, it's a children's book, right?

truejedi
He will now make canon every single one of our threads. This forum is now obsolete.

Nephthys
Even the one with the Bear!?

George Lucas you MONSTER!!!

truejedi
lol, probably the one with the bear will not be covered, but S*** be crazy!

EDIT: This made me laugh out loud for at least 10 second, btw. Excellent post DE.

Red Nemesis
o.0

Well, this is sad.

truejedi
Actually, that doesn't say Vader could challenge Yoda, now that I looked closer. The book is useless. One of Vader's "stats" was COURAGE for crying out loud.

truejedi
heh, and this one:
http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/headtohead_skywalkers/index.html

LUke's special move is the "high kick".

Hewhoknowsall
heh, and this one:

laughing

ares834
heh, and this one:

Hey it's a legit move empowered by the force...

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by ares834
Hey it's a legit move empowered by the force...

i could watch that for hours laughing out loud

crylaugh @ boba in the abckground

truejedi
hahahaha. How the heck does something like that make it past the cutting room?

Borbarad
Nice book. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm still waiting for a crossover of Star Wars and "Attitude era" WWF wrestling. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson VS Darth "Dark Lord" Vader anybody? stick out tongue

Dr McBeefington
Yea, people's elbow on the Dark lord.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.