It would suck to be...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
It would suck to be the Flash. Sure he can run really fast, but he perceives the world at the same speed. That sucks. Relative to his own perception if the Flash ran around the world, in his mind it would take the same amount of time as it would for me to do it. Thats weeks of his life just running and he does crap like that all the time... thats dedication. I'm surprised he hasn't gone completely insane.

Who else do you think it would suck to be?

galactusischere
Ben Grimm.

Digi
I don't think that's how perception works for the Flash at ALL times. Just some of the time...there's varying levels of speed force usage.

peejayd
* ... to have the mutant power of Rogue...

Konton
Pixie.

Lame wings.
Lame powers.
Fractioned soul.

Galan007
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It would suck to be the Flash. Sure he can run really fast, but he perceives the world at the same speed. That sucks. Relative to his own perception if the Flash ran around the world, in his mind it would take the same amount of time as it would for me to do it. Thats weeks of his life just running and he does crap like that all the time... thats dedication. I'm surprised he hasn't gone completely insane.

Who else do you think it would suck to be? It'd suck more to be Zoom in that regard.

Q99
Originally posted by Digi
I don't think that's how perception works for the Flash at ALL times. Just some of the time...there's varying levels of speed force usage.

Yea. It's been shown he can perceive at perfectly normal, then either will himself into it or snap in when something fast happens.

Like Galan said, Zoom's the one who has the sucky version smile

I think Quicksilver too.

Wild Shadow
being a mutant without any of the benefit of powers.. thats what jubilee said about a poor human kid that was killed for being malformed with a case of warped gigantism effecting certain parts of his body.

anyways being beak.

Warlord
mandrill end of thread

Doctor-Alvis
Batman. I really like my down time. The smart criminals would catch on and start planning their crimes around new episodes of Mythbusters and when various games are released.

SamZED
Cyclops - Not being able to take your visor off. Wolverine - a never ending pain from the adamantium skeleton. Deadpool - being scarred like that.
Originally posted by galactusischere
Ben Grimm. Being Ben Grimm wouldnt suck, it would rock! Happy Dance

Entity
The thing I never got about the Flash isn't his superspeed or perception of time but his stamina! I can accept with his speed power how fast he is but how does he have the energy to go so far? I mean like so I get that you are fast enough to go around the entire world or across the ocean in .0003 seconds but damn how can you keep going that far without stopping or passing out from exhaustion? confused

I'm sure the answer is Speed force! It always is with anything of his in question but its just always been the one part of the puzzle that never sat well with me. And especially with Zoom. Thou I do like the way his power works much better and I'd prefer it to flash's myself, its one of the powers I'd always wanted as a kid growing up long before I'd ever even read Zoom. To just freeze or manipulate the speed of time realitive to myself in comparison to everyone else.

Still wouldn't have the stamina to go very far without resting for awhile on the way thou! erm

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Digi
I don't think that's how perception works for the Flash at ALL times. Just some of the time...there's varying levels of speed force usage. When Bart allen got knee-capped by deathstroke didnt he basically spend (What he perceived to be ) like a year in the library? When he met back up with the titans, he was speaking to them like it had been at while when it was basically minutes. That would suck to look through the world through eyes like that.

HueyFreeman
Doom. Yeah its great your super smart and have your own kingdom but everyone there hates you and your face looks like Freddy Kruegers. And your mothers soul was in hell.

The Nuul
Doop.....Do I have to say anything more?

galactusischere
How about Shithead?

Digi
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
When Bart allen got knee-capped by deathstroke didnt he basically spend (What he perceived to be ) like a year in the library? When he met back up with the titans, he was speaking to them like it had been at while when it was basically minutes. That would suck to look through the world through eyes like that.

Originally posted by Q99
Yea. It's been shown he can perceive at perfectly normal, then either will himself into it or snap in when something fast happens.

It's based on choice. He's not always like that. I could deal with it.

The Nuul
Hulk....lol.

dmills
Not trying to be facetious, but can you please explain this with logic? Right now I'm sitting on a bus going to Los Angeles from Arizona traveling 70 mph. As I look out of the window, the ground and plants along the 10 fwy are nearly just a blur because my brain can't process the images that my eye's are sending to it fast enough for me to see them clearly.

The Flash moves a heck of a lot faster then 70mph. How can he chose to not see a blur when running at super sonic+ speeds?

-Pr-
Originally posted by dmills
Not trying to be facetious, but can you please explain this with logic? Right now I'm sitting on a bus going to Los Angeles from Arizona traveling 70 mph. As I look out of the window, the ground and plants along the 10 fwy are nearly just a blur because my brain can't process the images that my eye's are sending to it fast enough for me to see them clearly.

The Flash moves a heck of a lot faster then 70mph. How can he chose to not see a blur when running at super sonic+ speeds?

he can't. but he's not always running at super-sonic speeds. His perceptions shift to match his speeds.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by peejayd
* ... to have the mutant power of Rogue...

It wouldn't suck anymore. Xavier helped her and she's learned how to control it.

Originally posted by Warlord
mandrill end of thread

He can have any woman he wants no expression

willRules

StyleTime
I'd hate to be just about any comic character whose powers/history gave them a grotesque appearance.

Characters like Beak and the like...ugh. I actually got nauseous reading a comic he was in one time. As shallow as some may feel it is, I do not enjoy looking at ugly things; I especially dislike ugly things with a humanoid appearance. I most certainly wouldn't want to BE one.

In short, it would suck to be ugly...

Battlehammer
being wolverine would utterly suck.

hulk would kinda suck two waking up to find out your alter ego destroy new york and a huge army is after you and all you are is 130 pound guy against US army.

marwash22

The Flash moves a heck of a lot faster then 70mph. How can he chose to not see a blur when running at super sonic+ speeds? His speed extends to his brain. When he moves fast, his brain is also moving fast enough to see things clearly. In your case, you aren't the one in motion, the bus is. Think about this way... when you run as fast as you can possibly run, you are still able to see your surroundings clearly; it works the same for Flash, just on a much higher level.

If this wasn't the case, his power would be completely useless 'cause he would trip over every rock in his path. If Flash was a genius he'd be almost unstoppable due to his ability to think as fast as he can run.

marwash22
it would suck to be pretty much anyone who's mutation manifested as a physical abnormality.

It would also suck to be Wolverine... think about how hard it must be for him to clear airport security.

willRules
Originally posted by marwash22
it would suck to be pretty much anyone who's mutation manifested as a physical abnormality.

It would also suck to be Wolverine... think about how hard it must be for him to clear airport security.

In Ultimate X-men #2 Wolverine walks through an airport metal detector with ease and without revealing how he did it..........

..........unfortunately he is immediately shot afterwards by Weapon X.

AsbestosFlaygon
Spider-Man.

His life sucks... I'd never want to be in his shoes.

Wolverine is immortal, how would it suck to be him?

Classic rogue had the worst power by far

The Nuul
Originally posted by 753

Classic rogue had the worst power by far

He isnt immortal.

Originally posted by The Nuul
He isnt immortal.

For all intents and purposes he is. If he is aging at all, it's so slow he'll be dead 20 thousand years from now. Look at how old romulus is.

willRules
Originally posted by 753

You just answered your own question.

Originally posted by willRules
You just answered your own question.

Immortality would suck?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Who else do you think it would suck to be?

The Flash can manipulate his perception of time. He can pause, or fast forward the world around him. His speed increases in proportion to how slow he wants to view the world.

Wild Shadow
the reason ppl are saying it suck to be wolverine is b/c he is in a constant state of pain due to the adamantium.. anyone of us would be in a hospital hooked up to a morphine drip or crying in agony... addicted to drugs trying to numb the pain,.. our life span would be severely limited due to the constant pain in our bodies

JakeTheBank
Sentry/Void

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the reason ppl are saying it suck to be wolverine is b/c he is in a constant state of pain due to the adamantium.. anyone of us would be in a hospital hooked up to a morphine drip or crying in agony... addicted to drugs trying to numb the pain,.. our life span would be severely limited due to the constant pain in our bodies

That has been mentioned, but I dont take it all that seriously it's usually completelly ignored and forgotten. People can handle pain too. Even if one were to resort to drugs, HF can handle the drugs side effects and likely prevent addiction too.

marwash22
Chamber... obvious reasons.
Blackbolt

marwash22
and it would suck to be Wolverine because, who in the hell want's to live for 300 years? That has to be an horrible existence; have you ever known a happy vampire? No, 'cause they're friggin' miserable. They don't eat people 'cause they need to, they do it 'cause they're bored to death, but without the death.

Also, as previously mentioned... the airport thing. Unless you wanna do ll your traveling by boat.

srankmissingnin
Well, those vampires had to live 300 years with out the internet or netflix, they'll be fine for the next 300 I bet though.

and it would suck to be Wolverine because, who in the hell want's to live for 300 years? That has to be an horrible existence; have you ever known a happy vampire? No, 'cause they're friggin' miserable. They don't eat people 'cause they need to, they do it 'cause they're bored to death, but without the death.

Also, as previously mentioned... the airport thing. Unless you wanna do ll your traveling by boat.

A 300 years life span would rock. Vampires are just emo

Wild Shadow
you tell them you had extensive reconstructive experimental surgery and walk through the x-ray.. or you can show them your CIA immunity badge or cadre blanc

marwash22
you tell them you had extensive reconstructive experimental surgery and walk through the x-ray.. or you can show them your CIA immunity badge or cadre blanc lol, on your entire skeleton? and what about the claws? I guess we can just call them fashion accessories, like Fanged teeth.

Wild Shadow
you thing a airline security employee going to know what to look at when they see an x ray? all the are going to see is an extremely bright skeleton they aint going to know its all metal the claws might throw them off but when they see your arms they will know its internal...

not like ppl actually believe a bionic deadly terminator person can exist.. they will try to explain it away.

also having large canines isnt a crime or i be getting stopped all the time..cool
yAJigHP2snA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izl-3z8Gl6c&NR=1

marwash22
you thing a airline security employee going to know what to look at when they see an x ray? all the are going to see is an extremely bright skeleton they aint going to know its all metal the claws might throw them off but when they see your arms they will know its internal... Correct! However, when you walk through the metal detector, questions are bound to arise. I guess the surgery excuse could get you through, but all it takes is one person trying to a hero/detective and you're busted.

also having large canines isnt a crime or i be getting stopped all the time..cool Nah, i was referring to those people who have the sharp metal teeth surgically affixed to their normal teeth. Those can be considered a weapon, but because they are apart of you body, airport security can't do anything. They might be a little less forgiving when it comes to giant metal claws.

willRules
Originally posted by 753
Immortality would suck?

Absolutely. I wouldn't want to trade the opportunty to see the other side for:

6 metal blades, a serious height problem, hypertrichosis, the inability to get drunk, a gruff attitude, yellow spandex and the potential to be poisoned by a substance in my bones that is literally indestructable.

Don't get me wrong, Jim Howlett is one of the best characters in all of comicdom but I certainly wouldn't want the vast majorty of his attributes, immortality included.

Wild Shadow
wolverine doesnt have hypertrichosis no expression he has hirsute hair which is actually common and not remotely the same as hypertrichosis..

what is wrong with being short how is that a problem?

Ms.Marvel
short guys tend to be assholes and get less women.

i prefer taller guys big grin

marwash22
FACT: Wolverine has never had a problem gettin' ass. :P

-Pr-
FACT: Wolverine has never had a problem gettin' ass. :P

which to this day astounds me.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-

He is an Astonishing X-Man. *shrugs*

marwash22
which to this day astounds me. Well, despite being diminutive in stature, the dude is cut to all hell and chicks do like the bad boy.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He is an Astonishing X-Man. *shrugs*

laughing out loud

Well, despite being diminutive in stature, the dude is cut to all hell and chicks do like the bad boy.

there are plenty of short, ripped guys that still don't get much action, bad boy or not. look at badabing.

srankmissingnin
Well... the rest of the superheroes are all off getting their chests waxed frequently, are they even interested in chicks? I always suspected Emma Frost was Cyclops' beard. evil face

-Pr-
Well... the rest of the superheroes are all off getting their chests waxed frequently, are they even interested in chicks? I always suspected Emma Frost was Cyclops' beard. evil face

only when she's sitting on his face, my friend.

cyclops has hair on his chest. at least he did before fraction came along... sad

srankmissingnin
only when she's sitting on his face, my friend.

cyclops has hair on his chest. at least he did before fraction came along... sad

Maybe chest hair is too hard for Land to trace?

-Pr-
Maybe chest hair is too hard for Land to trace?

laughing

you made me laugh out loud.

yes, probably, though.

marwash22
Maybe chest hair is too hard for Land to trace? That's uncalled for. funny though.

-Pr-
That's uncalled for. funny though.

i hate land's work, so i don't think it's uncalled for lol...

marwash22
i hate land's work, so i don't think it's uncalled for lol... how can you hate his work when he has no work to speak of? Do you mean, you hate the work he copies? :P.

marwash22
Anyone mention Beast yet? That would definitely suck.

-Pr-
how can you hate his work when he has no work to speak of? Do you mean, you hate the work he copies? :P.

laughing out loud

Anyone mention Beast yet? That would definitely suck.

beast ain't so bad. plus, you'd have your pick of japanese women.

marwash22
laughing out loud

beast ain't so bad. plus, you'd have your pick of japanese women. why Japanese? i don't wanna be a rapist anyway.

-Pr-
why Japanese? i don't wanna be a rapist anyway.

furries, dude.

AsbestosFlaygon
Penance.

Imagine living the rest of your life in agony being constantly pierced by 672 thorns.

willRules
wolverine doesnt have hypertrichosis no expression he has hirsute hair which is actually common and not remotely the same as hypertrichosis..

what is wrong with being short how is that a problem?

Ah, OK, but he's still a hairy, short guy. Is it a problem? No. Would it suck? Yes.

I wouldn't want to be Mr Immortal either.

Who do I really think it would suck to be? Paste Pot Pete. Not only is he evil, he's not very good at it and when you have that amount of alliteration- whose gonna take you seriously?

Oh it would also suck to be Gambit, because he's a nancy boy.

6 metal blades, a serious height problem, hypertrichosis, the inability to get drunk, a gruff attitude, yellow spandex and the potential to be poisoned by a substance in my bones that is literally indestructable.

Don't get me wrong, Jim Howlett is one of the best characters in all of comicdom but I certainly wouldn't want the vast majorty of his attributes, immortality included.

Well that only works on the assumption of another side existing. If he ever becomes tired of living, there are conceivable ways he could kill himself.

Dont see how those traits are real problems at all either.

laughing out loud

there are plenty of short, ripped guys that still don't get much action, bad boy or not. look at badabing.

I really dont think shorter than average men have a significant extra difficulty getting women. Logan isn't that short either

Ah, OK, but he's still a hairy, short guy. Is it a problem? No. Would it suck? Yes.

Oh it would also suck to be Gambit, because he's a nancy boy.

Dont really see why.

Gambit and logan are the most successfull among women in the x-men btw.

willRules
Originally posted by 753
Dont see how those traits are real problems at all either.

Better you than me.....

Yellow spandex.....even in the heavy metal 90's period of comicdom!

Originally posted by 753
Gambit and logan are the most successfull among women in the x-men btw.

Yeah, but I hate Gambit.

Better you than me.....

Yellow spandex.....even in the heavy metal 90's period of comicdom!

Yeah, but I hate Gambit.

haha Im neither, but I dont see what is so bad about it either.

Wild Shadow
being gambit would rock.. i be gettin all the cheries..

anyways it would suck to be nightcrawler looking like a demon and being chased by angry town ppl.. but, i think someone already mention it.. sooo... it would suck to be holocaust since he has no real body and only an armor shell no sex and killing ppl..

it would also suck to be omega red constantly having to deal with radiation poisoning and having to siphon ppl's life energy to survive..

same with Cyber when adamantium body that ppl can see but same problem has to deal with radiation poisoning and dying slowly

StiltmanFTW
Red fixed that problem wink

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Red fixed that problem wink by dying.. wink

also forgot to mention cyber has no ears and would hate to think what his sex life is like

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
I really dont think shorter than average men have a significant extra difficulty getting women. Logan isn't that short either

i wasn't being serious.

i hate gambit too, though.

Battlehammer
it due to his animalist side he gives off pheramones that attract women to an extent.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Battlehammer
it due to his animalist side he gives off pheramones that attract women to an extent.

so does Badabing.

Badabing
Originally posted by Battlehammer
it due to his animalist side he gives off pheramones that attract women to an extent. Originally posted by -Pr-
so does Badabing. shocklaugh

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Entity
The thing I never got about the Flash isn't his superspeed or perception of time but his stamina! I can accept with his speed power how fast he is but how does he have the energy to go so far? I mean like so I get that you are fast enough to go around the entire world or across the ocean in .0003 seconds but damn how can you keep going that far without stopping or passing out from exhaustion? confused

Its an extra Dimensional plot device - which in scientific terms is comparable with the Star Wars "Force", i.e. juts a techno-babble way of saying "magic". But if you want to a more conceivable way of thinking about it; I just compare his body cells to plant cells, but instead of metabolizing sunlight, they metabolizes tachyons (Faster than light particles, with infinite energy, less than nothing mass, etc).

This would explain why, he can run, heal and move so quickly, but it doesn't really explain his reflexes. As the speed force is extra Dimensional, maybe his neurons move through non Euclidean space, so messages travel instantly through wormholes in Speed Force, space ?

Cartesian Doubt

Because you're conscious perception can only process information so fast, If you're chemical neurons where replaced with a fiber optics capable or a super conductor, the ground would look like its moving very slowly.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by 753

There are lots of philosophers that disagree, and believable true Immortality to be very undesirable- pre supposing that death plays a key role in the tellos of life.

Cartesian Doubt

I can't tell u what the other side looks like - it the same as it was before u were born - Nothing !

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
There are lots of philosophers that disagree, and believable true Immortality to be very undesirable- pre supposing that death plays a key role in the tellos of life.

Life has no telos, but they can disagree as they please.

Wolverine is not completelly immortal thoug, he can be killed or find ways to kill himself if he no longer wants to live, so he wouldn't end up trapped in existence against his wil forever.

marwash22
it would suck to be Doom. It's gotta suck knowing that no matter how awesome you are, you'll always lose to that stretchy bastard.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by 753
Life has no telos,

Superficial and Idiosyncratic - my favorite type of claim !!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superficial and Idiosyncratic - my favorite type of claim !!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also materialistic and the only conclusion supported by all empyrical data in the world about the emergence and evolution of life and the behavior of living systems.

it would suck to be Doom. It's gotta suck knowing that no matter how awesome you are, you'll always lose to that stretchy bastard.

Yeah he should be tired f being second best by now

srankmissingnin
Doom doesn't lose, his victory just gets slightly delayed. cool

willRules
I can't tell u what the other side looks like - it the same as it was before u were born - Nothing !

You're right.......you can't tell me what the other side looks like stick out tongue

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by 753
Also materialistic and the only conclusion supported by all empyrical data in the world about the emergence and evolution of life and the behavior of living systems.

It depends on your concept of "meaning" !!!!!

My concept of "meaning" is very compatible with the materialistic, behavioral, naturally selective world u are advocating.

I agree there is no such thing as metaphysical, transcendent meaning - and if there was we wouldn't be able to know it - but I think the one derived from the empirical world is quite suitable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.