So, God Hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Seen it mentioned, so I know some people here played this.

I just cleared the chapter with Dr. Ion, and picked up the Hand Plant Kick. I hear it's supposed to have invincible frames, which sounds useful..

To be honest, I'm not seeing the usefulness of juggles. My usual play style is trying to trigger a guard, than guardbreak. Trying to keep a guy in mid juggle is pretty difficult, since he can escape it, and the HPK's animation is long enough where I can't even land many attacks anyways.

Plus, juggles tend to leave you stationary while you're doing them, compared to using hit and dodge tactics.

So basically what I'm saying, is hitting a guy in mid air is basically the same as hitting them when they're on the ground, except you're reducing your mobility.

Any real tactical advantage to using jugglers, aside from just switching things up for varieties sake?

No End N Site
I love this game! I still have it, aint played it in a while, tho. My strategy was NOT to increase my number of slots in my combos. I always left my combos to 4 (or however many you start of wit). Then I would assign my most fastest and powerful attacks to the slots, that way I can hit wit'em WAY more often. When I got stronger later in the game things got really sweet for me cuz I had nothin' but God Moves in my combos and hit over and over cuz my combos were not very long. I taunted a hell of alot too, to build up my God Meter. The old Samurai Boss is still hard as shit to me (the hardest boss in the game, IMO).

Needless to say, I've completed every inch of that game, includin' "Kick Me Mode". Aint gonna lie, I broke one of my controllers tho. Kick Me is a *****, pissed me off alot.

Wei Phoenix
This is the game that was inspired by Fist Of The North Star right?

No End N Site
Indeed...

Wei Phoenix
Then it's alright by me!

No End N Site
Really is an amazin' game. Action packed, over the top, and hilarious.

cdtm
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Then it's alright by me!

It's indeed fantastic, and criminally underrated..

What other game lets you fight a fat mexican Elvis demon impersonator, mad midget Power Rangers, a masked gorilla wrestler, or two flaming homosexuals that say "You want to ride brokeback, cowboy?" eek!

It's just about the greatest game ever, and like six people bought it.

No End N Site
I'm 1 of the 6.

cdtm
Originally posted by No End N Site
I love this game! I still have it, aint played it in a while, tho. My strategy was NOT to increase my number of slots in my combos. I always left my combos to 4 (or however many you start of wit). Then I would assign my most fastest and powerful attacks to the slots, that way I can hit wit'em WAY more often. When I got stronger later in the game things got really sweet for me cuz I had nothin' but God Moves in my combos and hit over and over cuz my combos were not very long. I taunted a hell of alot too, to build up my God Meter. The old Samurai Boss is still hard as shit to me (the hardest boss in the game, IMO).

Needless to say, I've completed every inch of that game, includin' "Kick Me Mode". Aint gonna lie, I broke one of my controllers tho. Kick Me is a *****, pissed me off alot.

Any tips for dealing with groups on higher levels?

I can more or less handle 1 vs 1 situations, but things start going to hell against large groups on level 3 and above...

Digi
So...

...I herd u like mudkips?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by cdtm

It's just about the greatest game ever, and like six people bought it.

Tis not the greatest game ever, but it is good.

No End N Site
Originally posted by cdtm
Any tips for dealing with groups on higher levels?

I can more or less handle 1 vs 1 situations, but things start going to hell against large groups on level 3 and above...

Try to spread'em out usin' moves that knock'em far back and away. 'Course your gonna have to run around a bit and do a lil' hit run with the power moves. Once you've spread apart your enemies to a group that appears manageable (do a lil' crowd control), start kickin' some ass.

Truth is, your not gonna be able to land all your combos all the time. It sucks but some times, your just gonna have to break your combos to avoid attacks. This is why it's best to leave your combo slots to a minimum. I didn't learn about that little trick til' my 2nd time around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.