Who can lift a planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
dragging a planet through space isnt anywhere close to lifting it because space has no gravity and the planet is just floating its like pushing a car on wheels.

but, here who can lift and support the weight of the entire planet.

(the earth weights 6sextillion tons. 6,585,000,000,000,000,000,000tons)

void sentry
superman
trion juggernaut
world breaker hulk
namor
hercules
wonder woman
kc superman
all star superman
magneto
bane
hal jordan
thanos
flash
omega
gladiator

carver9
Gladiator
World Breaker Hulk
Trion Juggernaut

JakeTheBank
Bane with enough Venom.

Colossus-Big C
what has gladiator done to say he can?

TheTyrant
LOL at Bane being here.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

namor
magneto
bane
flash facepalm

Black bolt z
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Bane with enough Venom. laughing

IMO WBH has the only chance here and it's a .01% chance.

TheTyrant
Omega as in the Galactus clone or the LoSH villain?

amnesia
Physics doesn't allow it. But I'm putting silly stuff like that aside when i read comic books shifty

chomperx9
what has gladiator done to say he can? he tried to crush ego but got attacked from behind by surfer

Colossus-Big C
DC Omega

carver9
what has gladiator done to say he can?

Move a asteroid that was the size of a planet, busted a planet up with ease but then we have a statement of him vs planets even though I know its hyperbole, I kind of believe it.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by chomperx9
he tried to crush ego but got attacked from behind by surfer

crushing=/=lifting

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by carver9
Move a asteroid that was the size of a planet, busted a planet up with ease Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
dragging a planet through space isnt anywhere close to lifting it because space has no gravity and the planet is just floating its like pushing a car on wheels.

Johnny Sorrow
The whole list fails. All-Star Superman can win on a cheap technicality.

-Pr-
void sentry - dunno

superman
trion juggernaut
world breaker hulk
kc superman
all star superman
hal jordan
gladiator

maybe hercules too.

Lord_Talron
maybe one or two of them like WBH or maybe magneto (idk if hes strong enough but his skillset would indicate he has the ability to)

but this would be an incredible feat.

Parmaniac
You shouldn't quote your own statement when it's obviously wrong...

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Parmaniac
You shouldn't quote your own statement when it's obviously wrong... its not

Parmaniac
dragging a planet through space isnt anywhere close to lifting it because space has no gravity and the planet is just floating its like pushing a car on wheels. See what's wrong?

Colossus-Big C
See what's wrong? whats wrong with the statement?

Black bolt z
whats wrong with the statement? The car is on something!The planet isn't.

amnesia
Originally posted by Black bolt z
The car is on something!The planet isn't.

Turtel!

Black bolt z
Originally posted by amnesia
Turtel! Turtle!Can I have some sauce with that?

Parmaniac
whats wrong with the statement? In space you can't push something away unless your mass is bigger than the one of the object you wanna push (unless of course you're already moving and therefore "carrieng" kinetic energy), you would push YOURSELF away instead of the heavier object (the object maybe too I'm not sure on this but not nearly as much as yourself). BUT you can push the car simply cause your legs are on the ground and have grip, therefore you can keep pushing without being pushed away by yourself.

There maybe flaws in that, I'm pretty tired but overall that should get it.

amnesia
In space you can't push something away unless your mass is bigger than the one of the object you wanna push (unless of course you're already moving and therefore "carrieng" kinetic energy), you would push YOURSELF away instead of the heavier object (the object maybe too I'm not sure on this but not nearly as much as yourself). BUT you can push the car simply cause your legs are on the ground and have grip, therefore you can keep pushing without being pushed away by yourself.

There maybe flaws in that, I'm pretty tired but overall that should get it.

For PC supes, that would be irrelevant.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by amnesia
For PC supes, that would be irrelevant. In comics of course everything is irrelevant

amnesia
In comics of course everything is irrelevant

Yep, i sort of disliked the "who can survive in the core of the sun" thread. Because it's a comic book, people can survive in the sun.

Black bolt z
In comics of course everything is irrelevant Relevant a good comic does not make.

Parmaniac
Relevant a good comic does not make. ?

Omega Vision
Relevant a good comic does not make.
If you're going to try to speak in that style I'm pretty sure the "right" way would be "Relevant does not a good comic make"

Black bolt z
? Making a comic relevant things like not actually being able to survive in the core of a sun doesn't make the comic that intresting...

JakeTheBank
The Thing can do it.

Black bolt z
The Thing can do it. no...

JakeTheBank
no...

http://www.comicvine.com/powers/

Read it and weap, son.

Black bolt z

Read it and weap, son. laughing

#96 is battle pope and # 100 is jesus christ.

JakeTheBank
All save Galactus fear the Clobberin' Time.

Parmaniac

Read it and weap, son.
http://www.comicvine.com/super-strength/41-2/
That's just great take a look at number 7 and then at number 13, I love comicvine...

Black bolt z
That's just great take a look at number 7 and then at number 13, I love comicvine... Never been there.Never will be.

Parmaniac
Never been there.Never will be. Well if you exclude the vs section and the order of the characters in the power ranking it's a pretty good site (no joke)

Black bolt z
Well if you exclude the vs section and the order of the characters in the power ranking it's a pretty good site (no joke) I heard it's like the IMDB for comic characters.

Johnny Sorrow
That's just great take a look at number 7 and then at number 13, I love comicvine...

laughing out loud

Yep, we let the fanboys rule the power rankings. No big deal.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
laughing out loud

Yep, we let the fanboys rule the power rankings. No big deal. So people on comicvine are idiots but the actual site is good right?

Parmaniac
yes

Black bolt z
no

Johnny Sorrow
So people on comicvine are idiots but the actual site is good right?

It's like any website. Most of the people are fans of the material and have certain characters they like, but are amateurs on applying it. There are trolls, horrible little buggers. A few percent are very knowledgeable people. All the character profiles are user-submitted, and we have the usual problems: plagiarism, inaccuracy, spelling and grammar, disorganization.

It's just a matter of separating the fanboys, trolls, amateurs, and intelligent people from each other.

Black bolt z
It's like any website. Most of the people are fans of the material and have certain characters they like, but are amateurs on applying it. There are trolls, horrible little buggers. A few percent are very knowledgeable people. All the character profiles are user-submitted, and we have the usual problems: plagiarism, inaccuracy, spelling and grammar, disorganization.

It's just a matter of separating the fanboys, trolls, amateurs, and intelligent people from each other. So most of the people don't know much and some people just come to torture the sight?

TheTyrant

It's just a matter of separating the fanboys, trolls, amateurs, and intelligent people from each other.

There is only Morpheus on Comicvine that is decent.EVERY other poster is a troll/doesn't know anything. I remember the Thanos-SuperGIRL thread. About 60% of the people were saying that Kara would stomp Thanos.

Johnny Sorrow
So most of the people don't know much and some people just come to torture the sight?

Pretty much. Each website I go to follows the same pattern.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheTyrant
There is only Morpheus on Comicvine that is decent.EVERY other poster is a troll/doesn't know anything. I remember the Thanos-SuperGIRL thread. About 60% of the people were saying that Kara would stomp Thanos. laughing out loud

TheTyrant
And the Storm fanboys are..wow. You should see the Storm-Thor and Storm-Wonder Woman threads.

Johnny Sorrow
There is only Morpheus on Comicvine that is decent.EVERY other poster is a troll/doesn't know anything. I remember the Thanos-SuperGIRL thread. About 60% of the people were saying that Kara would stomp Thanos.

I didn't bother to look at the thread. Too long and not worth the effect. All the long threads boil down to fanboys arguing.

I have my own opinions on the fight, but I don't know enough about either character to say.

JakeTheBank
And the Storm fanboys are..wow. You should see the Storm-Thor and Storm-Wonder Woman threads.

lol I have.

Storm being mentioned in the same breath is laughable.

Her beating either Thor or Diana borders on blasphemy.

Black bolt z
lol I have.

Storm being mentioned in the same breath is laughable.

Her beating either Thor or Diana borders on blasphemy. thumb up

TheTyrant
http://www.comicvine.com/god/29-21892/battles/

God lost to storm...26-0

Black bolt z
http://www.comicvine.com/god/29-21892/battles/

God lost to storm...26-0 one above all in the loses column...

TheTyrant
one above all in the loses column...

This is the best one yet:
http://www.comicvine.com/one-above-all/29-44473/battles/

Her most losses are against Galactus...and that's only 45 out of 335

Black bolt z
This is the best one yet:
http://www.comicvine.com/one-above-all/29-44473/battles/

Her most losses are against Galactus...and that's only 45 out of 335 I honestly don't know how to read those charts.Do people on comicvine ever talk about us?

galactusischere
They do. They called this place a 'cesspool'. That statement was quite hilarious, and the irony great.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by galactusischere
They do. They called this place a 'cesspool'. That statement was quite hilarious, and the irony great.

Ironic since they're referring to people like you.

Wild Shadow
i agree when someone said that Morpheus was the only decent debater and i dont mean decent but decent overall as a person as well with his demeanor and respect toward others.

a lot of ppl go in and say stomp, stomp, stomp.. and if you play devils advocate they jump on you and start with the insults.

only one that will engage you respectfully is Morpheus and you can actually make a debate out of something that isnt a stomp whether you concede or not at the end.

galactusischere
Ironic since they're referring to people like you.

I know right? Ironic because I'm such a decent poster.

Harlequin.

psycho gundam
Ironic since they're referring to people like you. lol.

where did that come from? heh

Wild Shadow
anyone that can do a handstand can

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by galactusischere
I know right? Ironic because I'm such a decent poster.

Harlequin.

Insulting me in Old French won't get you anywhere.

the ninjak
HeMan could easy.

Black bolt z
Insulting me in Old French won't get you anywhere. Thats a clown girl he said.Harley quinn(i think)

psycho gundam
^ a harlequin is a style of patterning jesters used to wear (diamond checker pattern). so he just called him a clown basically.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ a harlequin is a style of patterning jesters used to wear (diamond checker pattern). so he just called him a clown basically. oooooh.Good play my friend.Insult him in a way he doesn't understand.it's like calling someone an ignoramous(did i spell that right?).

Endless Mike

Actually, this is wrong. A planet has great mass, but more importantly, if it is orbiting a star, then moving it out of its orbit takes a tremendous amount of gravity as you are fighting against the gravity of the star itself. In fact it was calculated that moving the earth out of its orbit would take more energy than blasting it to pieces.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.