3D Dot Game Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
I may just have to go out and buy this game. It look so much fun, and I could use a walk down nostalgia lane. The game pays heavy homage to the first Legend of Zelda, obviously, and doesn't try to cover the fact. The game looks very simplistic and easy, but, at the same time, challenging and long.

"The game follows a hero on a quest to rid the Dotnia Kingdom of a dark plague caused by the forces of evil in order to restore peace to the land. Legend tells of an evil king known as the Dark King Onyx who brought tragedy and darkness to the kingdom by stealing six magical orbs. However a hero rose up against the Dark King and with his legendary sword as well as the power of the orbs, he sealed Onyx away within another orb. However, the forces of evil rose again as the Dark Bishop Fuelle stole the orb and threw the Kingdom of Dotnia into a state of chaos once more. The game's main protagonist is the grandchild of the brave hero who sealed away the Dark King and thus is entrusted with the responsibility to save the land."

hoFYEtj2tDw

Peach
It's also very heavily influenced by the original Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest - the blue and white character you play as is the player character from Dragon Warrior, and the scenes they show of you in a throne room talking to the king is straight from DW.

So, obviously me being me, the fact that it is a meld of the original Zelda and Dragon Warrior games (the very first games I have ever played, when I was tiny), I think this looks utterly and completely awesome.

I really want to play this game.

Impediment
I was, literally, about to go out to Gamestop and buy it, but it drops on Tuesday. disgust

Oh, well. The $40 price tag is nice, too. Good game, cheap price.

I just noticed how much the protagonist does, in fact, resemble the DW character. Good eye, Peach.

Peach
I kind of played the hell out of Dragon Warrior when I was a kid, so yeah, those similarities leapt out at me immediately. Even the way the NPCs continue to look like they're moving while standing still is straight from Dragon Warrior laughing out loud

I'm hoping to get a PS3 at some point this year so I will definitely be getting this when I do.

S_D_J
I want this game so badly, I really didn't like any of the latest Zeldas, the last ones I thoroughly enjoyed were the GameBoy Color versions (ages/seasons)
Don't really like the 3D versions (only Ocarina) and I hate Wind Waker and its sub-sequels...

I'm really looking forward to playing this game... a nice trip down memory lane

Impediment
iZS7Ml_WojQ&NR

Impediment
Originally posted by S_D_J
I want this game so badly, I really didn't like any of the latest Zeldas, the last ones I thoroughly enjoyed were the GameBoy Color versions (ages/seasons)
Don't really like the 3D versions (only Ocarina) and I hate Wind Waker and its sub-sequels...

I'm really looking forward to playing this game... a nice trip down memory lane

Personally, I loved Wind Waker. I just wish that the game was longer, as far as actual dungeons go, and not excessive sailing and treasure hunting for Triforce shards in the ocean depths.

Phanteros
Weird and unique will want.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Impediment
Personally, I loved Wind Waker. I just wish that the game was longer, as far as actual dungeons go, and not excessive sailing and treasure hunting for Triforce shards in the ocean depths.
At first I barely liked the game... I hate the style.. and the lack of dungeons made it worst for me...then the excessive sailing made me hate the game... not to mention it hurt my eyes to look at it

Impediment
I just got this today. Man, this game is TOO retro! It's like playing a modern day Zelda game, but 3D 8 bit style! It's awesomely fun!

The soundtrack kinda blows, though. I mean, the music is fun, but very repetitive after the first hour or two.

Scythe
I'm just gonna leave this here, it's awesome!

http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/hallofheroes/index.html

http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/fromsoftware-project/1089134p1.html

Impediment
You beautiful goat bastard! I can now play as Link! Awesome!

Scythe
I know! I was gonna pick it up, but then I saw that, and now the deal is sealed. I must purchase this. I'm hoping early next week to be playin' this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.