Scarlet Witch vs. Raven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magneto1982
The fight takes place in a forest. Who wins?

vansonbee
SW with her 1-time epic feat of revamping the Marvel universe.

Lord_Talron
HoM Wanda was not specified.

Konton
Pre-HOM Wanda, even with her refined magic, would be at a loss against a character that is built to screw with her mental illness.

Raven all the way.

Warlord
whoever casts the first spell

marwash22
Raven is the more learned sorceress. I say Raven, but it'd be close.

Warlord
Scarlet Witch has feats (in her chaos magic days) to beat her.

Although yeah she was never a disciplined sorceress. Her magic was instinctive to her

Konton
Raven isn't a disciplined sorceress.

She never uses magic in combat. She's basically an empath (with lots of telepathy feats to contradict that) with the soul self.

Warlord
Originally posted by Konton
Raven isn't a disciplined sorceress.

She never uses magic in combat. She's basically an empath (with lots of telepathy feats to contradict that) with the soul self.

something like warlock or mantis?

Luke Cage
Scarlet Witch if it's HOM.

Konton
Originally posted by Warlord
something like warlock or mantis?
huh?

Her soul self is pretty distinct to her character.

She can astral project a being that can function as its own pocket dimension, function as a doorway between dimensions, "touch" souls (which depending on length of contact will disorient and/or kill you), and interact with the physical plane (smash through walls, levitate Raven and allies, absorb/deflect projectiles, etc).

DarthDaniel1001
Raven

Warlord
still it's quickdraw to me.the first to act wins and Wnada has to only point at her

Konton
Raven just has to think and her mental powers come into play, which are likely going to drive Wanda into hysteria.

Warlord
so yeah it's a matter of who thinks first

celeyhyga17
waitaminute...
Wanda was tutored by Agatha Harkness who is one of Marvel's most skilled sorcerers. SW didn't rely soley on her mutatant ability to tap into magic energies.

Warlord
it's complicated...her powers have been retconed many times...
Just before HoM she was able to control chaos magic as a combination of her inate mutant powers and chthon's blessing/curse

marwash22
Perhaps i shouldn't have said "sorceress".

My point was that, Raven is entirely more adept in using her powers than Wanda is in using hers. The way i see it, Raven will just Jedi mind trick Wanda into killing herself.

Warlord
that would be true for classic Wanda...
after she founfd out she could use chaos magic she could pretty much do anything a competent sorcerer can do

marwash22
These threads are always tricky... we need specification on which versions of the characters are fighting.

In any event, i still think Wanda's mental state, which even at it's most stable, is still questionable and Raven will take advantage of that.

Warlord
I don't know...back in those days she was able to block telepathy.
But I can see Raven succeding with her mind as I can see Wanda "chaos hexing" her as well.

Whoever acts first got this

marwash22
yeah, i think I'm leaning toward it being a situation where the winner will be whoever acts first.

Warlord
^ I like you.....
In a non gay way .... stick out tongue

Konton
Wanda needs hand gestures to perform hexes, so I lean to Raven and her mindrape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.