Black Canary vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

chomperx9
as long as canary keeps her distance she has a shot

Lord_Talron
can she react to his potential speedblitz?

Konton
She screams his skin off.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
can she react to his potential speedblitz?

If she has some space yea, she's pretty fast.

BruceSkywalker
Logan eventually guts her

Bentley
BC for the easy win, Wolverine is no Black Panther wink

Lord_Talron
i think logan can tank her scream. someone mentioned before that shed scream just loud enough to not break his eardrums. solution? logan breaks his own eardrums. then he slaughters her.

Q99
i think logan can tank her scream. someone mentioned before that shed scream just loud enough to not break his eardrums. solution? logan breaks his own eardrums. then he slaughters her.

No, people get sent flying by her screams, it's not merely to break eardrums, it's a major kinetic punch.

If he gets up after the first one, then Canary can just crank it up further.

jinzin
Are her screams more effective than Banshees?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
No, people get sent flying by her screams, it's not merely to break eardrums, it's a major kinetic punch.

If he gets up after the first one, then Canary can just crank it up further.

You know what else is a major kinetic punch? An actual punch from the Hulk. eek!

jinzin
What are you retarded? All of Wolverine's Hulk fights are big heaping steaming piles of PIS! mad

Q99
Originally posted by jinzin
Are her screams more effective than Banshees?

I haven't read a lot of Banshee, so I can't say.

I can tell you that (1) her screams have more than enough force to send him flying, and (2) they can, as Konton said, absolutely shred his flesh.

srankmissingnin
What are you retarded? All of Wolverine's Hulk fights are big heaping steaming piles of PIS! mad

I was mistaken, for a second I thought Wolverine was on the same level as Nightwing. embarrasment

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
I haven't read a lot of Banshee, so I can't say.

I can tell you that (1) her screams have more than enough force to send him flying, and (2) they can, as Konton said, absolutely shred his flesh.

Didn't she tank a top tier as well? I can't remember the name. Her scream is a lot more powerful than it was a few years ago.

Omega Vision
Canary destroyed a mountain with her scream.

Bentley
Hulk destroyed a mountain with his punch 131

Wild Shadow
Cyclops also destroys mountains and even planetoids..hi5

The Nuul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Logan eventually guts her

Q99
The thing about Wolverine's defense against impacts, is it comes from his skeleton. That doesn't protect well against a sonic attack that'll travel through his flesh.

The Cry can definitely KO him.

Wild Shadow
teared flesh can be easily compensated by his HF... angel even the movie wolverine could do it against phoenix..smoke

Q99
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
teared flesh can be easily compensated by his HF

Oh yes, he'll heal. It won't kill him, but she can keep it on him long enough to win.

Wild Shadow
i say she gets winded b4 his HF even gets overloaded. whistle

Omega Vision
What defense would he have against an Ultrasonic scream? Assuming of course Canary could pull that off before Wolverine gets a chance to close in.

Q99
i say she gets winded b4 his HF even gets overloaded. whistle

Don't confuse "recovering from damage" with "not taking it"- He'll be unconscious long before that point.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What defense would he have against an Ultrasonic scream? Assuming of course Canary could pull that off before Wolverine gets a chance to close in. the same defense he has used in the past to similar attacks from: energy, shockwaves and even sound..

cross the claws make a face tank it by shear grit and determination.shutup

Omega Vision
the same defense he has used in the past to similar attacks from: energy, shockwaves and even sound..

cross the claws make a face tank it by shear grit and determination.shutup
The Ultrasonic attack works on the human nervous system. So I'm not sure Wolverine has any defense to that. His HF doesn't insure against nervous system overloads.

Wild Shadow
actually it does.. whistle anyways no more goofing around what has she shown that shows her using ultrasonics to attack a person's nervous system?

not that i dont believe you. i just havent read birds of prey in a long while and i havent kept track of BC for a few yrs.

Charlotte DeBel
actually it does.. whistle anyways no more goofing around what has she shown that shows her using ultrasonics to attack a person's nervous system?

not that i dont believe you. i just havent read birds of prey in a long while and i havent kept track of BC for a few yrs.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/Tourney%20Scans/jla-jsa-049.jpg

Wild Shadow
cool... but, she doesnt have Doc Midnight stimulating her solar plex... nice though..

iceman24567
If she could knock him down with one scream then get close for another she can win probably won't though

Omega Vision
cool... but, she doesnt have Doc Midnight stimulating her solar plex... nice though..
Which is why I questioned her ability to pull it off in this situation. Still if she can hit Wolverine with it I think its reasonable to say it would KO him.

Wild Shadow
it would but only for a few seconds.. i actually stated if she had a brain chemistry attack using hypersonics for her to win in another thread against logan she could ko him.. the problem is for how long, what would be the count to consider it a win?

as of now she doesnt stand a chance.. at least she wont get the majority here

jinzin
Again.... How does she stack up to Banshee? erm

Omega Vision
Again.... How does she stack up to Banshee? erm
Silver Banshee? She's matched screams with her IIRC.

Wild Shadow
Again.... How does she stack up to Banshee? erm she doesnt... she doesnt even match rookie siryn when it comes to her scream.. she is very one dimensional at least for now till a writer decides to give her an unexplain power up..

jinzin
No, Marvel's Banshee... I'm asking because Wolverine stood alongside Banshee in teams and fought against him using his powers and they didn't appear all that effective on Wolverine.

If that's any indication of how he'd react to Black Canary that's not a good thing for her. Of course if she's far more powerful than him it doesn't matter.

carver9
Banshee scream is MUCH more powerful thats how I know Wolverine wins this in a stomp.

iceman24567
Yup you guys are underestimating her scream powerwise its up there with Banshee's and I never seen Banshee all out scream at Wolverine

Bentley
I think Banshee would destroy Wolvie in a forum fight for what it counts.

iceman24567
I actually agree with that

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
I think Banshee would destroy Wolvie in a forum fight for what it counts.

Disagree; Banshee put everything into his scream when he was fight Wolverine, a guy that was basically trying to kill him.

Banshee would get stomped and when has Wolverine ever been taken out by a sonic attack?

Bentley
When has Wolverine been koed by time-shifting his brain?

Surely you noticed the problem of your question.

The Nuul
Banshee is the best sonic screamer in comics IMO.

carver9
When has Wolverine been koed by time-shifting his brain?

Surely you noticed the problem of your question.

When has Wolverine EVER been pitted against someone that can time-shift his brain?

Wolverine did fight people that possess a sonic scream and stomped and even tanked their attacks.

So I really dont see anything wrong with my question.

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
When has Wolverine EVER been pitted against someone that can time-shift his brain?

Wolverine did fight people that possess a sonic scream and stomped and even tanked their attacks.

So I really dont see anything wrong with my question.

I just say is safe to assume Wolverine can be taken down with a sonic attack with enough power. I mean, Banner said his quake gun would melt his brain with vibrations, surely sound can mimic that effect.

Wild Shadow
banshee thank jinzin

iceman24567
Yeah I think a strong enough scream would put Wolverine out

carver9
I just say is safe to assume Wolverine can be taken down with a sonic attack with enough power. I mean, Banner said his quake gun would melt his brain with vibrations, surely sound can mimic that effect.

It probably could melt his brain, Hulk punches Melts his organs all of the time but he heals up instantly after it.

The scan that Wild just put up show banshee clearly screaming in logans ear and Wolverine tanked it. Lets not even include Wolverines showing against Siryn or him tanking a thunder clap from the hulk.

I cant see Canary winning this.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah I think a strong enough scream would put Wolverine out

Do you have proof of this.

Are you talking about a Black Bolt Scream because again, Wolverine has faced both Banshee and Siryn and they did nothing to him.

Bentley
In panel it said he was almost koed, "did nothing to him" is a bit of an overstatement.

Parmaniac

Are you talking about a Black Bolt Scream because again, Wolverine has faced both Banshee and Siryn and they did nothing to him. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=12720176

iceman24567
The scan posted is proof enough for me no expression

Charlotte DeBel
Banshee is NOT the best, Siryn is>>him in terms of sheer versatility. Though Dinah doesn't have psionic field to redirect sonic waves into propulsion and shields...

carver9
The scan posted is proof enough for me no expression

Wolverine tanked that scream and knocked banshee out. Thats not proof. I asked you to show me a scream knocking Wolverine out and Banshee had to get in close to do that much damage and he could have DIED if Wolverine popped those claws out.

Do you think Canary would live coming at Wolverine in close melee like that (and she cant fly like banshee can)?

Wild Shadow
logan tanked the scream and canary is not banshee his feats are not interchangeable with hers.. show or explain a similar attack on such a person as logan...

carver9
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Banshee is NOT the best, Siryn is>>him in terms of sheer versatility. Though Dinah doesn't have psionic field to redirect sonic waves into propulsion and shields...

I agree and Wolverine has faced Siryn.

psycho gundam
ruckus stomps them all at the same time shifty

iceman24567
How isn't that scan proof of a strong enough scream being able to take Wolverine out? It obviously did a number on him.

The Nuul
banshee thank jinzin

PIS is not on KMC... that scan is useless.

A loud enough scream should KO logan.

carver9
How isn't that scan proof of a strong enough scream being able to take Wolverine out? It obviously did a number on him.

So you admit that she would have to get in close to do that?

Who do you think would react first, her or Wolverine.

Do you think she can get to Wolverines ear before being gutted?

carver9
Originally posted by The Nuul
PIS is not on KMC... that scan is useless.

Everything is PIS to you.

Parmaniac
logan tanked the scream and canary is not banshee his feats are not interchangeable with hers.. show or explain a similar attack on such a person as logan... Well yeah going by that feat of Banshee, Black Canary is definately > Banshee

JakeTheBank
So being in pain and being more susceptible to sonic because of his senses = tanking the scream.

I think the term "tank" means something completely different to me.

iceman24567
How about you go back and read my orginnal post instead of being a smartass carver

jalek moye

Are you talking about a Black Bolt Scream because again, Wolverine has faced both Banshee and Siryn and they did nothing to him.

Are u implying that wolverine would be completely uneffected by blackbolt?

carver9
How about you go back and read my orginnal post instead of being a smartass carver

LOL, well, you said you think that a sonic scream could drop logan, I am asking you for proof.

carver9
Originally posted by jalek moye
Are u implying that wolverine would be completely uneffected by blackbolt?

HELL, F***, No.

I'm asking if he was referring to Black Bolt.

Bentley
LOL, well, you said you think that a sonic scream could drop logan, I am asking you for proof.

Carver, it says in the scan he was almost koed. no expression

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Well yeah going by that feat of Banshee, Black Canary is definately > Banshee

Why? I guess because Wolverine wasnt dropped by that attack HUH?

JakeTheBank

But he tanked it.

carver9

But he wasnt though and again, do you honestly think that Canary could get in that close to even scream in Wolverines ear like that?

Wild Shadow
yes b/c she is DC and has lvl 12 fighting skills shifty

Bentley
But he wasnt though and again, do you honestly think that Canary could get in that close to even scream in Wolverines ear like that?

(Putting this fight aside)

The fact he was almost koed pretty much proves he can be koed by sonic attacks.

Wild Shadow
but he wasnt b/c he tanked it while fighting an entire x men team.. and he has shown to tank other similar attacks..

almost only counts in horse shows prove Canary can do better then banshee

carver9
And lets not even bring up the fact that recent Wolverine>>>>the Wolverine in that scan in regards to durability.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by guy222
Warning...the scans are a bit gory

Wolverine vs Coyote

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813464_Wolveine_Annual-_009010.jpg http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813465_Wolveine_Annual-_011.jpg http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813466_Wolveine_Annual-_012.jpg http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813467_Wolveine_Annual-_025.jpg http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813468_Wolveine_Annual-_026.jpg
http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813508_Wolveine_Annual-_027028.jpg http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813509_Wolveine_Annual-_029.jpg http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813510_Wolveine_Annual-_030.jpg http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813511_Wolveine_Annual-_033.jpg http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/813512_Wolveine_Annual-_034.jpg

The Nuul
Thats nice! but this werewolf doesnt have screaming feats like BC or Banshee.

Also arent most one shots not canon?

srankmissingnin
Thats nice! but this werewolf doesnt have screaming feats like BC or Banshee.

Also arent most one shots not canon?

Most one shots are canon. As a general rule anything that doesnt say MAX, What If, Ultimates or The End, is canon.

He made a whole town def and was knocking Wolverine around (both with his screams as well as brute strength), also his screams were "the loudest" Wolverine has ever heard (and hes heard Banshee), and could "blow his head clean off" at close range.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Most one shots are canon. As a general rule anything that doesnt say MAX, What If, Ultimates or The End, is canon.

thumb up

Parmaniac
That Werewolf blasted his eardrums with no effect on Wolverine

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So being in pain and being more susceptible to sonic because of his senses = tanking the scream.

I think the term "tank" means something completely different to me.

I have a pile of issues with Batman fighting after being shot.

Can I argue he tanks bullets now? big grin

Konton
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That Werewolf blasted his eardrums with no effect on Wolverine

The strain from his damaged equilibrium was clearly represented in his incessant need to vomit.

And as for the speed blitz, Canary isn't some B-list fighter that would get rushed down at the gun with standard KMC distance.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Konton
The strain from his damaged equilibrium was clearly represented in his incessant need to vomit.

And as for the speed blitz, Canary isn't some B-list fighter that would get rushed down at the gun with standard KMC distance. I just meant that in contradiction to the old scan he felt no pain IIRC it's a while ago since I've read that issue.

When have I ever mentioned that he would blitz her? confused

Konton
I was referring to previous posts.

Some people questioned whether or not Dinah would be able to even scream before Logan did tah spleed bzitorz.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that the Silver Swan has the most powerful sonic cry I've ever seen.

carver9
I was referring to previous posts.

Some people questioned whether or not Dinah would be able to even scream before Logan did tah spleed bzitorz.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that the Silver Swan has the most powerful sonic cry I've ever seen.

He probably could.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5402/kwls2pg18lowresnc4.jpg

Look how far he is away from this guy and he gets back there to him almost instantly.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8499/xmenv2133p03gm1.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6867/bulletsidestepkq1.jpg

Yeah, she is getting blitzed.

-Pr-
He probably could.

Look how far he is away from this guy and he gets back there to him almost instantly.

he has to cross 500 metres in the time it takes her to inhale. not going to happen.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
he has to cross 500 metres in the time it takes her to inhale. not going to happen.

WHAT UUUUUPPP PR. I agree, didnt think about it like that but Wolverine can also blitz while twisting and turning.

I can see her getting blitzed.

-Pr-
WHAT UUUUUPPP PR. I agree, didnt think about it like that but Wolverine can also blitz while twisting and turning.

I can see her getting blitzed.

in the time it takes her to open her mouth?

carver9
in the time it takes her to open her mouth?

Naah, when I was saying twisting and turning I was referring to him dodging her attack since it will not be taking up the entire arena.

They both get basic knowledge of each other so I'm pretty sure he will be well aware that she will start off trying to hit him with that yell of hers.

Even if she did hit him, its not dropping him.

-Pr-
Naah, when I was saying twisting and turning I was referring to him dodging her attack since it will not be taking up the entire arena.

They both get basic knowledge of each other so I'm pretty sure he will be well aware that she will start off trying to hit him with that yell of hers.

he can't dodge a wide area attack like that. You're talking about something with the same width as cyclop's wide blast.

why wouldn't it drop him? it's knocked down bigger bad guys.

Bentley
I knew PR would come eventually to make this battle Cyclops vs Wolverine.

uhuh

-Pr-
I knew PR would come eventually to make this battle Cyclops vs Wolverine.

uhuh

i know, i couldn't help it. sad

Lord_Talron
cyclops wins!

carver9
he can't dodge a wide area attack like that. You're talking about something with the same width as cyclop's wide blast.

why wouldn't it drop him? it's knocked down bigger bad guys.

Its not dropping him. You cant (I already know what you are going to say) compare Wolverine durability to higher tier beings. Example, Hulk Thunder Clap dropped beings that durability is>>>Logan but Logan has stood point blank in Hulks thunder clap with no effect.

Another example, Hercules ADMITTED that WWH could have dropped him in less than 3 punches but it took about 6 punches to stop Wolverine and even then, he bounced back up a couple of panels later like nothing happened.

That healing factor and adamantium is amazing. Wolverine has been punched all the way to another country more than once and bounced back up like nothing happened. Im not saying Wolverine durability is>high heralds, I'm saying that his pain tolerance along with his healing factor is VERY unpredictable.

Konton
He probably could.

Even Huntress has blitzed street thugs. blah blah blah

Dinah can decimate landscapes (previously mentioned: A MOUNTAIN). He's not dodging it.

Lord_Talron
carver has a point

carver9
Even Huntress has blitzed street thugs. blah blah blah

Dinah can decimate landscapes (previously mentioned: A MOUNTAIN). He's not dodging it.

So Huntress has the level of blitz like I showed you in those scans?

I know what she can do but again, shes not dropping logan with that attack. Hell, logan can just play possum and wait until she come and check on the corpse and gut her.

-Pr-
Its not dropping him. You cant (I already know what you are going to say) compare Wolverine durability to higher tier beings. Example, Hulk Thunder Clap dropped beings that durability is>>>Logan but Logan has stood point blank in Hulks thunder clap with no effect.

Another example, Hercules ADMITTED that WWH could have dropped him in less than 3 punches but it took about 6 punches to stop Wolverine and even then, he bounced back up a couple of panels later like nothing happened.

That healing factor and adamantium is amazing. Wolverine has been punched all the way to another country more than once and bounced back up like nothing happened. Im not saying Wolverine durability is>high heralds, I'm saying that his pain tolerance along with his healing factor is VERY unpredictable.

he can't counter extreme concussive and sonic forces, though.

carver9
he can't counter extreme concussive and sonic forces, though.

Concussive? Why cant he when he has taken Cyclops optic blast numerous of times?

Sonics, he has proven numerous of times that he can take sonic attacks. A scan was recently put up proving this.

-Pr-
Concussive? Why cant he when he has taken Cyclops optic blast numerous of times?

Sonics, he has proven numerous of times that he can take sonic attacks. A scan was recently put up proving this.

cyclops has put him down plenty too.

carver9
cyclops has put him down plenty too.

I agree and thats why it cant be an argument that we can use against him since it is basically a split on him taking it or not.

Not trying to say anything negative on your part but I think you are underrating Wolverine durability a bit.

-Pr-
I agree and thats why it cant be an argument that we can use against him since it is basically a split on him taking it or not.

Not trying to say anything negative on your part but I think you are underrating Wolverine durability a bit.

it's not a split, though. concussive force should put him down every time if there's enough of it.

i've read enough x-men to know his durability. getting knocked on your ass is no reflection of your durability, it's a reflection of your ability to stand up to a superior force.

carver9
it's not a split, though. concussive force should put him down every time if there's enough of it.

i've read enough x-men to know his durability. getting knocked on your ass is no reflection of your durability, it's a reflection of your ability to stand up to a superior force.

But we have on panel showings of him tanking these blast though so you really cant say that he'll drop 'every time'. He has also tanked blast from Havok and walked through an attack from a storm that possessed Thors hammer.

I know you read a LOT of Xmen, I believe you, but the things that Wolverine has stood up too gives me a lot of reason to believe that a scream from Canary isnt dropping him.

-Pr-
But we have on panel showings of him tanking these blast though so you really cant say that he'll drop 'every time'. He has also tanked blast from Havok and walked through an attack from a storm that possessed Thors hammer.

I know you read a LOT of Xmen, I believe you, but the things that Wolverine has stood up too gives me a lot of reason to believe that a scream from Canary isnt dropping him.

tanking what blasts? cyclops'?

havok's is less concussive force and more heat, tbh.

also, tanking thunder claps is straight up stupid.

how much do you know about canary?

carver9
tanking what blasts? cyclops'?

havok's is less concussive force and more heat, tbh.

also, tanking thunder claps is straight up stupid.

how much do you know about canary?

Well, not tanking Cyclops blast but not dropping to it and still fighting at 100% afterwards.

I agree about havok blast but he still didnt drop to it.

But he tanked the clap though so we cant take away from the feat.

I'm not an expert in regards to Canary but I have seen enough of her to know she isnt dropping Wolverine. I have also seen enough to make me believe that Banshee>her.

-Pr-
Well, not tanking Cyclops blast but not dropping to it and still fighting at 100% afterwards.

I agree about havok blast but he still didnt drop to it.

But he tanked the clap though so we cant take away from the feat.

I'm not an expert in regards to Canary but I have seen enough of her to know she isnt dropping Wolverine. I have also seen enough to make me believe that Banshee>her.

when?

more than wolverine have walked through havok's blast.

he tanked concussive force? when?

she's well above Banshee. Her feats alone prove that.

Wild Shadow
when?

he tanked concussive force? when?

when cyclops gave him his full blast logan tanked it walked it and b^$#@ slapped cyclops.... cool

-Pr-
when cyclops gave him his full blast logan tanked it walked it and b^$#@ slapped cyclops.... cool

as Death? Cos that made a lot of sense...

Prep-Man
Didn't Wolverine get taken down by Havok in Wolverine/Havok mini series?

BTW, if Canary can match Silver banshee, then Canary is > to Banshee, anyway.

because SB is a lot more powerful than even Siryn.

The Nuul
Id say Banshee is a better screamer but she has the other skills.

No homo.

Anyways.....Logan gets KOed by high end sonics without PIS.

Prep-Man
Id say Banshee is a better screamer but she has the other skills.

No homo.

Better than who? Canary or Silver Banshee?

iceman24567
The Banshee on the secret Six team put Wonder Woman in a coma with her scream

The Nuul
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Better than who? Canary or Silver Banshee?

Can..

Prep-Man
Yeah, the Banshee's (Silver) scream is somewhat magical in nature, anyhow. It would put ANYONE down. Even Superman.

The Nuul
No, I mean Cassidy.

Wild Shadow
this scan of her scream does not look like it ko'ed a human lvl being without a healing factor.. although i know triumphant isnt exactly human just saying his body is not really superpowered..

i am not impress at all if this is canaries best scream and this is old school scan..
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/blackcanaryscream.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/blackcanaryscream1.jpg

Q99
Nah, that's no-where near her best. That's pretty low-power for her, and only what the radio could transmit anyway.

In Black Alice's first appearance in BoP, she threw a van at some punks who were trapped to the ground with a spell, so Canary lept in *front* of the mid-air van, and unleashed a cry strong enough to shatter it at the last moment, mere feet away, with none of the parts left hit her or the punks.

Also when she had to attack a Senator at a prison, she yelled down the huge reinforced iron doors. (Dunno the issue numbers but in the 'Sensei and Student ' trade for the latter and 'The Battle Within' for the mid-air van destruction)

If she wanted to, Dinah could yell a normal human to pulp.

The Real Wolvie
Originally posted by Q99
Nah, that's no-where near her best. That's pretty low-power for her, and only what the radio could transmit anyway.

In Black Alice's first appearance in BoP, she threw a van at some punks who were trapped to the ground with a spell, so Canary lept in *front* of the mid-air van, and unleashed a cry strong enough to shatter it at the last moment, mere feet away, with none of the parts left hit her or the punks.

Also when she had to attack a Senator at a prison, she yelled down the huge reinforced iron doors. (Dunno the issue numbers but in the 'Sensei and Student ' trade for the latter and 'The Battle Within' for the mid-air van destruction)

If she wanted to, Dinah could yell a normal human to pulp.

how far does her scream stretch? Obviously, nothing behind her gets shattered, but what if Logan left above the sound waves? I dunno if that's possible or not. If so he could just do that.

Q99
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
how far does her scream stretch? Obviously, nothing behind her gets shattered, but what if Logan left above the sound waves? I dunno if that's possible or not. If so he could just do that.

Depends on how focused she makes it. Also in the prison assault she collapsed a guard tower and flipped a car at, I'd guess, 40 feet.

It's in a cone and she can control how wide it is, so it's pretty hard to dodge at a distance.

Konton
She blasted Black Alice (with Wonder Woman's powers and equipment) at least 30 yards.

If Lori can't stay on her feat, no way in hell Logan can.

Wild Shadow
locking some off their feet is nice but then what? i can say Harley quinne knocked supergirl off her feet but what does that prove nothing..

The Real Wolvie
hmmm....well since he is going to have a hellova time dodging he is going down most likely. I mean, even if he can tank the first one, he has to get past multiple shots and she will most likely knock him out.

Give him 10 feet or less and he speed blitzes before she can get the scream off.

Q99
locking some off their feet is nice but then what? i can say Harley quinne knocked supergirl off her feet but what does that prove nothing..

Once he's down, focusing it at full and reduce all his squishy bits to goo?

No way that's not at least a KO.

namorsubby
Canary can take him out with that scream

Q99
Her power set is pretty good if you think about it. About the only reliable way to avoid the scream is to get in close, and then once someone's close, she's one of the best martial artists in the planet. For most foes it's a lose-lose.

BC liquifies his brain long enough for a temp win

Wild Shadow
i know canary can win more often then not in a forum fight b/c of her scream if it is powerful enough.. i really would like to see a recent scan of her scream b/c my entire knowledge of her is 80's 90's and early 2000's and i gotta say her CIS and her feats fighting skills never impressed me.. so if someone can enlighten me with some scans it would be greatly appreciated.

Q99
Doesn't any have some respect scans from Gail Simone's BoP run?

I can get issue numbers at the least: Van thing was BoP 76. Attack on the prison was BoP 67.

Also Batgirl 67 had Black Canary use her Cry from a plane to cause a rockslide and close off a road, so that's a couple hundred feet range minimum (probably more, they didn't get too low).

As for her fighting skills, they have gone up in recent years, though they've always been pretty good. After a loss to two skilled fighters, she started hitting the training hard, sparring with the best fighters in her circle of friends at every opportunity (A wide variety, Connor Hawke, Mr. Terrific, etc., but 'specially Cassandra, hence her owing her enough to get on the outside of a plane to do the aforementioned scream). Her technique was very good to begin with but that helped polish it and teach her some subtle tricks when it came to fight mentality. Her improvement impressed Shiva enough to then take her on as a pupil and put her on some hard training. And so on.

So yea, if you're working off 90s/early 00s stuff you've got old info on her fighting skills.

Konton
Canary wasn't quite the beast she is now until she started doing Shiva's mail-order training and then when she spent however much time (a year, was it?) living in Asia under Shiva's own childhood sensei.

Green Arrow was frightened at Dinah's rapid advancements when they met up to sabotage the mob, their first encounter since the break-up. This was before her training in Asia. Once there, she soloed an armed force that had tanks and combat operatives stocked to the teeth. She nearly defeated Deathstroke, going so far as to blinding him completely, but his jobber aura had him seem god-like the entire issue.

She's come a long way from being the B-list bimbo she used to be.

Edit: I could revamp her respect thread with the entire Birds of Prey run in my computer at the moment... but that sounds like a lot of work. ;p

aztec
Dinah's only chance at knocking down Wolverine is with her Canary cry. Other than that, if Logan gets anywhere near her she's history.

Off the top of my head Black Canary has defeated Giganta with her cry, blew Amazos head off, broke John Stewarts constructs etc. She has more than enough power to take the majority from Logan.

-Pr-
BoP 67:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_BirdsofPrey6704.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_BirdsofPrey6705.jpg

BoP 76:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_page10.jpg

The Real Wolvie
I agree with the above statment - her fighting skills may be good but are they anywhere near Wolverine's? He too has had upgrades - he recently turned a high-level, chi-amping Brick into rubble with a Karniak-like nerve strike! Plus, if he uses his claws, he is more than capable of taking out fighters even more skilled than he is. See the recent psylocke fight and his fights with Ogun.

So yeah, in close he's too much - at a distance she takes it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
I agree with the above statment - her fighting skills may be good but are they anywhere near Wolverine's? He too has had upgrades - he recently turned a high-level, chi-amping Brick into rubble with a Karniak-like nerve strike! Plus, if he uses his claws, he is more than capable of taking out fighters even more skilled than he is. See the recent psylocke fight and his fights with Ogun.
In terms of pure skill (if you were to strip Wolvy of his superhuman stats) I'd say Dinah is >= to Logan.

The Real Wolvie
In terms of pure skill (if you were to strip Wolvy of his superhuman stats) I'd say Dinah is >= to Logan.

Is she ubber tier? Wolverine can take out ubbers by virtue of his superior speed/strength durability, HF, claws, B-rage, etc.

He's beaten Cap with pure skill so I dunno...I really know nothing about her but I am interested in seeing her skill feat scans if you have any.

-Pr-

you have no idea the can of worms you just opened.

JakeTheBank

LOL...dude.

It will begin...

Wild Shadow
logan would take her down like he did shang and DD and no matter the new training she may have gotten would put her close to logan's MA feats,. pimpslap ftw

Omega Vision
you have no idea the can of worms you just opened.
I ain't scared. sneer

srankmissingnin

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wild Shadow
logan out reacts her with his hyper reflexes landing 5 punches or at least attempting to but her head flies off due to his natural strength with the 1st hit

-Pr-
I ain't scared. sneer

hey, i might even agree with you, but i'd never state it lol...

Omega Vision
hey, i might even agree with you, but i'd never state it lol...
Which is why Bada is the manlier of you two. sneer

stick out tongue

-Pr-
Which is why Bada is the manlier of you two. sneer

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

i was actually kidding, but there you go...

Sin I AM
Black Canary....If that Logan vs. Coyote fight is canon then Dinah definately takes the majority. I read that one-shot and Logan got curbstomped the first two encounters, it wasnt until the final round that he came out on top.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Black Canary....If that Logan vs. Coyote fight is canon then Dinah definately takes the majority. I read that one-shot and Logan got curbstomped the first two encounters, it wasnt until the final round that he came out on top.

Maybe you should try reading it again... because you aren't remembering it right.

Sin I AM
i did ....the first two encounters wolverine got owned plain and simple. heed your own advice

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i did ....the first two encounters wolverine got owned plain and simple. heed your own advice

I find that hard to believe. There was only two encounters with the monster in total, which includes the last fight, and he wasn't owned in either of them. Maybe you should give it another go? They say third times the charm.

StiltmanFTW
In the first fight Logan fended him off.

In the second one he killed him.

The Real Wolvie
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I find that hard to believe. There was only two encounters with the monster in total, which includes the last fight, and he wasn't owned in either of them. Maybe you should give it another go? They say third times the charm.

Okay, so what happened if you don't mind me asking?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>