Omega vs Surtur w' Twilight Sword

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
The Legion of Super Heroes villain Omega, who is basically hatred given form. An insane Brainiac 5 wanted to use the wishing machine to destroy the universe, but was unable to make such a wish. So, he wished for Omega to be created out of hatred, and make the wish for him.

It shrugged off Mon El's best shot, and not only knocked him out but gave him a severe concussion, which even Validus couldn't do. In fact, Omega is considered stronger then Validus... And according to Brainiac 5, nothing in the universe could stop Omega, with the possible exception of the wishing machine.

What happens when Omega meets Surtur with his twilight sword, next to the eternal flame and with the ancient winters powerup?

Gecko4lif
Omega is the most powerful /fastest brick in all of comics

But he is just that. A Brick. Nothing more.

cdtm
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Omega is the most powerful /fastest brick in all of comics

But he is just that. A Brick. Nothing more.

Actually, I agree. big grin

But is Surtur capable of defeating such a brick, or withstanding his assaults?

For all of Surturs power, he seemed to be lacking in versatility. Essentially, he came off as a giant brick himself, using mostly physical attacks and tanking Odin, Thor, and Loki's best shots.

Johnny Sorrow
Omega is pretty much damn invincible, given the method of his creation. He covered light-years with every step, and took a point-blank release from Wildfire without a scratch. I don't believe even Surtur could withstand him without somehow destroying the Miracle Machine.

cdtm
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Omega is pretty much damn invincible, given the method of his creation. He covered light-years with every step, and took a point-blank release from Wildfire without a scratch. I don't believe even Surtur could withstand him without somehow destroying the Miracle Machine.

I wish the Fatal Five was brought in against him, just to further gauge how unstoppable he really is.

Especially to see what the Persuaders Axe could do. Normally, it could cut anything, including the space between dimensions or concepts, so I'd imagine it can cut through even Omega.

But would it "hurt" him, or would he just heal up or be proven impossible to really injure by slicing up...?

Endless Mike
Omega could also fire energy blasts

Warlord
twilight sword provides reality manipulation

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Warlord
twilight sword provides reality manipulation

Since when?

Warlord
didn't morgana used it to re-create earth at her immage?

Endless Mike
I don't remember that.

Bentley
Or in the Dark Avengers vs New Avengers one shot (guest starring Thor), there was a massive reality shift caused by the sword. I though everyone knew it warps reality.

Warlord
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I don't remember that.

Avengers vol3 issues 1-3

Endless Mike
Thanks, I have to read those.

Warlord
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thanks, I have to read those.

thumb up

also insane feats from Scarlet Witch in those...Go Wanda!!

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Or in the Dark Avengers vs New Avengers one shot (guest starring Thor), there was a massive reality shift caused by the sword. I though everyone knew it warps reality.

From Surtur though?

A mage using it as a medium/power source doesn't mean Surtur can do that.

Warlord
sorry I just noticed...you've also included the casket of ancient winters??
major stomp in favor of Surtur

Galan007
The only way to defeat Omega was to destroy the Miracle Machine & all of the energies it housed. That's it.

Having said that, Surter can attack all he wants, but it will count for nothing in the end.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by cdtm
I wish the Fatal Five was brought in against him, just to further gauge how unstoppable he really is.

Especially to see what the Persuaders Axe could do. Normally, it could cut anything, including the space between dimensions or concepts, so I'd imagine it can cut through even Omega.

But would it "hurt" him, or would he just heal up or be proven impossible to really injure by slicing up...?

I don't know. I suppose it could cut him as well as anyone. But taking down a being composed of all the hatred in existence and able to imagine the death of the universe? It's not exactly a sentient creature with weaknesses like guts and dismemberment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.