Thor vs Void Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
Thor vs Void Sentry

amnesia
Void. Most likely, although I want to see some other opinions before i decide.

Void

"Id"
Void

JakeTheBank
Based on feats as a whole, I think Thor could possibly win this. Voidtry didn't come close to "stomping" Thor, and it's safe to say that a lot of posters here may be throwing that term around too loosely. Thor was in its grip in Siege #3 and at a disadvantage, a situation he's been placed in by foes he's gone on to best in the past. The only way Voidtry wins this with utter ease is if you take all of his highest showings and at the same time pair them against Thor's mediocre/lower showings.

As it stands, though, probably Void.

amnesia
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Based on feats as a whole, I think Thor could possibly win this. Voidtry didn't come close to "stomping" Thor, and it's safe to say that a lot of posters here may be throwing that term around too loosely. Thor was in its grip in Siege #3 and at a disadvantage, a situation he's been placed in by foes he's gone on to best in the past. The only way Voidtry wins this with utter ease is if you take all of his highest showings and at the same time pair them against Thor's mediocre/lower showings.

I agree with you pretty much all the time. I don't know, you just seem like one the sanest people on here.

xJLxKing
Thor wins.

He basically killed him in a few hits. Granted, most people below sub-skyfather would as well.

Thor has better showings and more of them.

Fair enough, he doesn't stomp, but he still wins. They still couldn't get rid of some of the ambiguity regarding his levels in the end, the Void's performance in siege 4 was still mediocre.

Wonder what's next for Loki

amnesia
Originally posted by 753
Fair enough, he doesn't stomp, but he still wins. They still couldn't get rid of some of the ambiguity regarding his levels in the end, the Void's performance in siege 4 was still mediocre.

Wonder what's next for Loki

Dead. He ain't getting back for a while. (But he will be back, he is actually pretty popular.)

Digi

Co-signed in full.

Slaanesh
Void

bbrem123
void...nothing thor can do

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by amnesia
I agree with you pretty much all the time. I don't know, you just seem like one the sanest people on here.

lol, well, I try to reign in the crazy here on KMC. duryes

iceman24567
Thor nothing Void can do

Dead. He ain't getting back for a while. (But he will be back, he is actually pretty popular.)

What about the deal he struck with hella and mephisto? Where is he going? I think he'll be back a lot sooner, I think his death is just the desired continuition of what he set in motion.

JakeTheBank
I imagine he'll come back soon. Thor is actually going to be going to Hell in an upcoming issue, so we may see something come of it there.

Gecko4lif
void burned up real nice

BattleMage
Void nothing Thor can do

colossulrage
Thor takes him..killer battle tho

DarkOdin
Thor 6-7/10 But he works danm hard to do it.

Bentley
If we use an historical Thor using his best attacks he should make a short work of Void -if we look at the damage he received-. However, Void was arguably jobbing a lot himself, so in his best showings he should be able to do a lot better.

As it stands he has done as much as Rulk no expression

Badabing
Thor did appear totransport void to the fields so Stark could drop the hellicarrier on him. I'd think that's worth something in this match up.

cdtm
Wow, for all the hype and building of Sentry, Siege #4 was pretty anticlimatic..

It convinced me Thor can't really beat Sentry/Void if Sentry/Void doesn't want to be beaten though.

When the Shiar took out Phoenix/Jean, does that prove they could beat her consistently?

Knowsbleed33
Thor won/wins.

cdtm

It's Loki. Deaths pretty much an inconvenience for him..

Slaanesh
it was pretty obvious that Thor can't really beat Void..even when he got a power up..he still wasn't able to hurt Void..the only reason he get to kill Void is because Bob wanted to die..

WhiteWitchKing
Thor. This time the Void takes a god blast to the face and...fails to survive.

Wild Shadow
this time thor just absorbs him into his hammer..

Knowsbleed33
Lightning should do it. No need for Thor to over exert himself when he doesn't need to.

Wild Shadow
hmmm.. same tactic he would use on supes sounds about right

Warlord
Are hellicaries allowed? sneer

Seriously though I am inclined to believe that it was Bob's interfeerence that allowed Thor to win in Siege #4.
That or crappy writting from bendis.
Nothing of the 2 would apply here

joesha28
Void knew Thor could Kill Him...thus he said to the Thunder God.."Kill Me." Thor answered "No". And Eventually He Did.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Lightning should do it. No need for Thor to over exert himself when he doesn't need to.

it was shown in Siege #4 that Thor's lightning won't do shit to Void..and this is while he got an amp no expression

SamZED
Logically Void should stomp. Its just his performance is #4 was pathetic concidering all his powers. Turned back into Bob by a stupid hellicarier explosion when even the core of the sun couldnt do crap to him? Killed by a hit from hammer when even being taken apart on molecular level didnt kill him?erm Typical Marvel, create an overpowered character with lotsa crazy showings and have him job to a more popular character just to please his fans. Im starting to think that was THE plan all along.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Slaanesh
it was shown in Siege #4 that Thor's lightning won't do shit to Void..and this is while he got an amp no expression

erm

Actually, it was shown that with the Norn Stones, Thor was able to harm Void. Hence the whole instance of Void screaming in pain and complaining about how it "wasn't fair". Why would Void want to kill Loki otherwise?

Even after the amp was worn off, it's main purpose having been to restore the heroes to full health, Thor was still able to BFR Void to another part of the battlefield and his lightning was able to harm/disperse Void's body.

Slaanesh
erm

Actually, it was shown that with the Norn Stones, Thor was able to harm Void. Hence the whole instance of Void screaming in pain and complaining about how it "wasn't fair". Why would Void want to kill Loki otherwise?

Even after the amp was worn off, it's main purpose having been to restore the heroes to full health, Thor was still able to BFR Void to another part of the battlefield and his lightning was able to harm/disperse Void's body.

he was able to reform after it..to me that means it didn't do shit no expression

the only reason Thor can kill Void is because Bob wanted to die..an attack from an amp Thor can't kill Void..yet an attack from a normal Thor turn him into a skeleton..the only explanation to that is Void let them kill him..

carver9
Can someone post the scans of the fight please?

JakeTheBank
he was able to reform after it..to me that means it didn't do shit no expression

the only reason Thor can kill Void is because Bob wanted to die..an attack from an amp Thor can't kill Void..yet an attack from a normal Thor turn him into a skeleton..the only explanation to that is Void let them kill him..

He's able to reform, but to say it "didn't do shit" is misleading and false. It was obvious the Norn Stones were messing him up, giving the heroes enough of an edge to keep the pressure on Void and actually cause it to complain.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/6b398b80236717/

http://www.imagebam.com/image/900fbb80236725/

And even after the Norn Stones play wore off, Thor was still able to both transport Thor away from the ruins of Asgard and the other people present as well as damage him. Sentry wanted to die when he tried killing himself so many times before. It's obvious he can be killed. Whether or not he wants to come back after said death is another story. And when he "wanted to die" he sure as hell didn't let it come easy for Thor anyway.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Can someone post the scans of the fight please?

Originally posted by guy222
http://thumbnails32.imagebam.com/8024/f91dbe80236678.gif http://thumbnails28.imagebam.com/8024/1face180236701.gif http://thumbnails2.imagebam.com/8024/6b398b80236717.gif http://thumbnails23.imagebam.com/8024/900fbb80236725.gif http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/8024/704a1480236732.gif http://thumbnails29.imagebam.com/8024/b355a580236744.gif

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by guy222
http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/8024/f14e7380237098.gif http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/8024/e5fed080237105.gif http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/8024/88644280237118.gif http://thumbnails6.imagebam.com/8024/fabbd780237137.gif http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/8024/a302e880237150.gif http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/8024/faeae280237160.gif

Thanks to Guy for the scans.

Slaanesh
He's able to reform, but to say it "didn't do shit" is misleading and false. It was obvious the Norn Stones were messing him up, giving the heroes enough of an edge to keep the pressure on Void and actually cause it to complain.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/6b398b80236717/

http://www.imagebam.com/image/900fbb80236725/

And even after the Norn Stones play wore off, Thor was still able to both transport Thor away from the ruins of Asgard and the other people present as well as damage him. Sentry wanted to die when he tried killing himself so many times before. It's obvious he can be killed. Whether or not he wants to come back after said death is another story. And when he "wanted to die" he sure as hell didn't let it come easy for Thor anyway.

i didn't say he can't be kill..i'm just saying Thor can't kill him if he didn't want to be kill..u wanna say a Thor that was amp by the Norn stones can't kill Void..but normal Thor can??well that's a good logic..i wonder why i didn't get that before..

Doctor-Alvis

It had to do something because he was griping about it. And he didn't reform until he was blown up and reverted back into human form. I find it just as likely that Bob was telling Thor to kill him because he knew enough was taken out of him that he could be defeated.

carver9

Thanks Jake, you are the best.

So the avengers, including Thor, was amped?

Thats what I am getting from it. sad

Warlord
no. the amp lasted only a few pannels.
most of Thor's fight with Void was unamped

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Thanks Jake, you are the best.

So the avengers, including Thor, was amped?

Thats what I am getting from it. sad

They were fully healed and amped to an unknown degree by the Norn Stones thanks in part to Loki. Once Void killed Loki, said amp wore off, but it did the trick in fully revitalizing the heroes, which was more crucial than increasing their power output, imo.

After said amp wore off, Iron Man ends up literallly dropping a Helicarrier on Sentry which damages/shocks him enough to trigger a transformation back to Bob. He pleads for Thor to kill him, who refuses, gets pissed and Voids out again. Thor then finishes him off.

Mindset
Void killed Loki?

That's a great feat.

He stomps Thor into the ground and rapes his lifeless corpse.

Am I doing it right?

SamZED
^According to common sense but not according to Bendis.

Wild Shadow
umm.. has their bn an onslaught vs sentry thread?

anyways hasnt bn common sense from the beginning of that crack heads creation..

Knowsbleed33

What are you talking about? It killed him.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
What are you talking about? It killed him.

when he wants to die..when he doesn't..it didn't do much..

amnesia
when he wants to die..when he doesn't..it didn't do much..

But hulk would beat Void, cause the angrier he gets the stronger he gets!

(He was in void form, he obviously didn't want to die..)

Warlord

in WWHulk it was not Void. just bob going all out unable to control his powers

amnesia
Originally posted by Warlord
in WWHulk it was not Void. just bob going all out unable to control his powers

I was joking, pointing out his obvious fanboyism, the HE WANTED TO DIE thing. Sort of like quanchi in a thanos thread.

Warlord
still Bob must have played a part in this. A few pages before the norn stone magic didn't even sratch him and in the end Thor beat him with just a couple hammer swings. either the Void was depowered from the accumulative blows or was holding back. also the fact that he didn't reform at the end of the fight shows that something else than sheer force was at work

amnesia
Originally posted by Warlord
still Bob must have played a part in this. A few pages before the norn stone magic didn't even sratch him and in the end Thor beat him with just a couple hammer swings. either the Void was depowered from the accumulative blows or was holding back. also the fact that he didn't reform at the end of the fight shows that something else than sheer force was at work

Obviously depowered.

janus77
VoidSentry would stomp, sans PIS.
he almost killed Thor, quite casually, in their encounter, only pausing to go destroy all of asgard. he was clearly superior in every way possible whilst still fending off teams of heroes.

he ripped gods like they where made of paper and he tanked everything Thor had... only the power of PIS and the need for a swift resolution, resulted in VoidSentry going out so lamely.

Bentley
I think the heroes were "doing something" to Void when Norn-stone amped, he certainly cried and complained like never before in Void form. Obviously the damage done to Sentry through the fight stacked until Void couldn't take him anymore, just because he had some uber majin boo regeneration it doesn't mean healing himself didn't tax him, not unlike Wolverine who can only resist so much damage without dying despite his amazing damage soak.

It's not that "Void wanted to die", he was also quite damaged. I think Bob showed his will to die by turning into the Void again, since Thor wouldn't kill him in Bob form, only as the Void. If you think it that way, it only means that the Void form can die. And it did.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Bentley
I think the heroes were "doing something" to Void when Norn-stone amped, he certainly cried and complained like never before in Void form. Obviously the damage done to Sentry through the fight stacked until Void couldn't take him anymore, just because he had some uber majin boo regeneration it doesn't mean healing himself didn't tax him, not unlike Wolverine who can only resist so much damage without dying despite his amazing damage soak.

It's not that "Void wanted to die", he was also quite damaged. I think Bob showed his will to die by turning into the Void again, since Thor wouldn't kill him in Bob form, only as the Void. If you think it that way, it only means that the Void form can die. And it did.

wrong...it was foreshadowed in dark avengers that the only way he could die was if he wanted it bad enough. in the end of siege he found out what he did and wanted to die. hence the reason he didnt regenerate. you are all bringing in crazy reason to make thor seem stronger then he is. bob was still in control alittle when he turned back into void. which is why he yelled kill me now.

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/?action=view&current=DA013023.jpg

Bentley
In this forums Thor IS stroger than in a random comic.

The context in that scan was Sentry trying to get into the sun to die, obviously Void wouldn't die if Sentry didn't want it enough -going inside the star, because heat/fision would kill him, not some mental trigger depending on Bob's suicidal desire-.

Admittedly it could be interpreted as foreshadowing.

SamZED
I still dont understand how comes The Void has managed to reform himself after MM took him apart on molecular level and when Morgan Le Fay disintegrated his body, but not when Thor hit him with a lightning. Either he's not dead but simply chose not to come back or its some serious PIS. Also whaever happened to his ability to take people apart? He did it to Loki so why not Thor?

Slaanesh

he scream "kill me" after turning into void..i don't know how u interpreted that..but to me that means he wants to die..and i'm not a Sentry fanboy..i'm Surfer fanboy..

Warlord
Originally posted by SamZED
I still dont understand how comes The Void has managed to reform himself after MM took him apart on molecular level and when Morgan Le Fay disintegrated his body, but not when Thor hit him with a lightning. Either he's not dead but simply chose not to come back or its some serious PIS. Also whaever happened to his ability to take people apart? He did it to Loki so why not Thor?

he stabed Loki with a "tentacle". thor kept his distance... cool

Naija boy

You hit the nail on the head with this one. This is why i still cannot accept claims of thor being more powerful than void. if void/sentry could reform from being taken apart on a molecular level and was also continuously reforming from being a skeleton within the sun then a lightning bolt from thor that reduced him to a skeleton really shouldnt be able to do it at all unless his powers magically stopped working. As for that hellicarier bit.......i really have no idea what went on there......perhaps thhe hellicarier explosion gave bob the opportunity to retake control from the void.

Him failing to take all the heroes apart is a strange one too. i mean he takes molecule man and Loki apart with ease and then just forgets he has that power?.....Bob wanting to die must have played a major part in this imo.

Warlord
Originally posted by Naija boy

this is the most logical explenation...not that Bendis gave enough room for logic

Bentley
You're overthinking how regeneration works. Wolverine has regenerated from decapitation, getting his brain mashed and from a drop of blood, he has survived nukes etc. etc. Yet, we know Wolverine can be killed, at time he's killed by simple blasts or overextended physical damage, the issue here is not HOW he was killed, but how many times. Being destroyed molecule by molecule won't make him more dead than dead.

Parmaniac
You're overthinking how regeneration works. Wolverine has regenerated from decapitation, getting his brain mashed and from a drop of blood, he has survived nukes etc. etc. Yet, we know Wolverine can be killed, at time he's killed by simple blasts or overextended physical damage, the issue here is not HOW he was killed, but how many times. Being destroyed molecule by molecule won't make him more dead than dead. So killing him 2 times is enough? Why wasn't Molecule Man able to just tear him apart a second time? Seriously Thor > Void just doesn't make any sense...
In the way they've builded him up

Bentley
I didn't say it made sense, because it doesn't, because Bendis didn't want it to make sense.

Still, its just possible that Sentry's powers are a good answer to Moleculeman because they share traits. If Sentry/Void could prevent MM from shaping reality with his powers then it was pretty much over. In the other hand his resistance to being punched very hard, while high, wouldn't be as massive as his anti-manipulation skills.

It could be explained. Sadly its pretty much out there for us to make sense until they throw us a bone of explanation -which may never, ever happen-.

JakeTheBank
I think it's funny how Thor and the heroes beating Void Sentry is apparently PIS, yet all of Sentry's random ass showings and feats such as beating Molecule Man at his own game aren't.

In any case, Bendis FTL.

amnesia
Did Bendis ever make some good comics?...

JakeTheBank
When Bendis doesn't wildly alter power levels and the like to sell his story or put one character over the other, he can write decent comics. The New Avengers Finale wasn't awful by any means.

Naija boy
I think it's funny how Thor and the heroes beating Void Sentry is apparently PIS, yet all of Sentry's random ass showings and feats such as beating Molecule Man at his own game aren't.

In any case, Bendis FTL.

The reason that Thor and the heroes beating sentry is being questioned is because given his recent power showings the way in which he was defeated should not be possible. Sentrys reent showings while very random arent PIS but r just an example of character wank by a writers.
That being said whats the point of hyping up a character and finally giving a bunch of new abilities only to have him fail to use them in the end? Im a thor fan and certainly wanted him to take sentry/void down but that debacle in siege 4 was not the way to do it.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Naija boy
The reason that Thor and the heroes beating sentry is being questioned is because given his recent power showings the way in which he was defeated should not be possible. Sentrys reent showings while very random arent PIS but r just an example of character wank by a writers.
That being said whats the point of hyping up a character and finally giving a bunch of new abilities only to have him fail to use them in the end? Im a thor fan and certainly wanted him to take sentry/void down but that debacle in siege 4 was not the way to do it.

I have no clue what the ultimate end game for Sentry was supposed to be or if Siege #4 was really it. I'm a firm supporter of character and story over power level and fights, but again, Bendis blatantly messing with power levels just to make one of his pet characters look good is stupid as hell. He offers next to no explanation as to why Void can do what he can, gives some shady and possible however unlikely "Angel of Death" origin, and then writes Siege #4. Fallen Sun was even worse, just a waste of $3.50 in a final attempt to cast Sentry in this tragic heroic light by randomly revealing he could have sex with Rogue without issue.

I feel bad for the people who did truly enjoy Sentry and wanted to follow him more in Marvel. I don't even really care for the concept or character of him, and I felt cheated by Marvel and their sub par concluding skills.

Bentley
Personally I didn't see it as far fetched as you people make it sound. I knew from the beginning that Void was going to die by being pounded with a hammer by a norse blond.

Clearly when Bendis wrote Sentry defeating MM he wasn't thinking the Void as someone beyond a cosmic cube. Sentry went on to be defeated by Absorbing Man because that was the order on the day. Only fans who try to look at things way too closely miss the big picture of how things tend to work in comics. Thor is uber, dying by Thor fighting seriously is nothing short of amazing -the fight and the plot was still terribly wrapped.

JakeTheBank
Personally I didn't see it as far fetched as you people make it sound. I knew from the beginning that Void was going to die by being pounded with a hammer by a norse blond.

Clearly when Bendis wrote Sentry defeating MM he wasn't thinking the Void as someone beyond a cosmic cube. Sentry went on to be defeated by Absorbing Man because that was the order on the day. Only fans who try to look at things way too closely miss the big picture of how things tend to work in comics. Thor is uber, dying by Thor fighting seriously is nothing short of amazing -the fight and the plot was still terribly wrapped.

QFT.

Besides, hasn't Thor beaten foes who are at the end of the day > than what Void Sentry has shown us? And if not beaten outright, done very well against in comparison. I for one am not going to use Bendis-Thor as the beginning and end when it comes to his showings, especially not in a forum setting.

Bentley
People tend to forget how much of a serious deal Thor is in the Marvel universe. I mean, if Galactus or a threat in that level comes to Earth, having Thor into the rooster may as well be the tipping point.

Remember Secret Invasion? Wasp became a bomb and Thor singlehandedly took care of that almost without blinking -something that would've otherwise destroyed most heroes-. How people tend to overlook him is really sad.

CosmicComet
I have no clue what the ultimate end game for Sentry was supposed to be or if Siege #4 was really it. I'm a firm supporter of character and story over power level and fights, but again, Bendis blatantly messing with power levels just to make one of his pet characters look good is stupid as hell. He offers next to no explanation as to why Void can do what he can, gives some shady and possible however unlikely "Angel of Death" origin, and then writes Siege #4. Fallen Sun was even worse, just a waste of $3.50 in a final attempt to cast Sentry in this tragic heroic light by randomly revealing he could have sex with Rogue without issue.

I feel bad for the people who did truly enjoy Sentry and wanted to follow him more in Marvel. I don't even really care for the concept or character of him, and I felt cheated by Marvel and their sub par concluding skills.

@Spoiler. Lol. Career harlot strikes again.

As to the thread, it was appropriate for Void to be taken down by the main man Thor. It should have been no other way and I'm sure we all knew it was coming.

Naija boy
This has little to do with Thor being overlooked but rather is all about Void sentrys powers just magically failing to function. The problem is NOT having thor as a character being the one to finally take Voidtry out because we expect this (similar to how superman usually saves the day in the end) but rather has to do with the manner in which he did it being implausible given voidtrys recent showings.

CosmicComet
I do agree that Naija Boy that the fact that wasn't able to just rip apart the heroes with molecule manipulation, definitely falls under CIS. Not necessarily not being able to rip apart Thor though, as I'm sure Thor has some kind of defense for it up his sleeve, but being able to rip apart say Iron Man should have been a no brainer.

Maybe he needs some preparation for it, did he not say that he has not mastered?

JakeTheBank
The thing I noticed was, with Ares, Void merely used physical strength to literally rip him apart. And with Loki, he was caught in Void's ragecrab essence. In comparison to Thor, though, both of their durabilities are far below his.

Bentley
Did Sentry dissipate anyone without physical contact aside from MM?

The Nuul
Good speed feat for Thor, flying to the Sun in 3 panels.

Warlord

because they happened after the Void took control...see?
everything explained....drunk

Philosophía
It was foreshadowed in Dark Avengers that Sentry/Bob/Void can only die when he truly whishes to do so, and made clear in this issue that he does -- thus the ending with him begging Thor to end it.

Sentry has destroyed Asgard and killed Loki, with Thor was helpless in both instances. To act like he was portrayed as anywhere near powerful enough to stop Void on his own is quite the narrow-minded view, and ignoring the fact that Void had already fought Thor once and easily handled him (Siege #3), took on Norn Ston amped heroes, withstood and killed Loki, got attacked by Thor/Hellcarrier again -which allowed Bob to regain control, and ask Thor to die- and then Thor got the final shot with him specifically asking to be killed.

Void for the stomp, still.

JakeTheBank

Bentley
Foreshadowing or not the attacks stopped a rampaging Void, he went back to Bob, in a forum fight that's death.

Only Sentry didn't easily handle Thor. He took several blows from Thor which succeeded in cracking open in Sentry "shell" to reveal the juicy Void goodness from within. Sentry grasped Thor with one of his tentacle things and had him momentarily restricted. And when same fight was shown from another angle, the two of them looked pretty even in terms of power. He didn't "stomp" Thor nor did he show anything close to resembling a "stomp". People like Thanos or Odin or Molecule Man (lawl) "stomp" Thor, not Void Sentry and sure as hell not on a forum setting.

As far as the Norn Stone goes, they obviously had even more than an effect than normal attacks went, causing Void to scream and b!tch about things weren't fair and how he wanted to get rid of the mischief behind them (ie. Loki). Even after the Norn Stones effect wore off Thor was still bombarding him with enough lightning to disperse parts of his body and was even able to BFR him to another location clear from the bystanders.

Again, Void in all likelihood beats Thor for a majority, but to claim it's a "stomp" is ridiculous based on their respective showings alike.

At the end there, after the helicarrier, do you think thor could have put him down if the void didn't want it to happen?

Philosophía
Only Sentry didn't easily handle Thor.Thor took a free shot at Void, as the latter shrugged it off. He then attacked him again "with all the power at his command" and, yet again, the only thing it did was reveal more of Void's true form. Pages latter, he is helpless in Void's tentacles, with a desperate look on his face. I guess he's lucky that Osborn saved his ass by sending Sentry to destroy Asgard, or he would have gotten the Ares treatment.

That way, he just stood on helpless with a "No..No..cry2" while Sentry went through Asgard, his home, like butter.

Go Thor.

As far as the Norn Stone goes, they obviously had even more than an effect than normal attacks went, causing Void to scream and b!tch about things weren't fair and how he wanted to get rid of the mischief behind them (ie. Loki). Even after the Norn Stones effect wore off Thor was still bombarding him with enough lightning to disperse parts of his body and was even able to BFR him to another location clear from the bystanders.

Again, Void in all likelihood beats Thor for a majority, but to claim it's a "stomp" is ridiculous based on their respective showings alike.

Yes, the heroes were obviously more effective with the norn-stone amp. That is, until Void decided to turn his attention twoards Loki and take him down like he is Robin with a broken arm going up against Galactus.

What was Thor doing? I bet he was totally plowing through Void to save his brother when Void wasn't even focused on him at the time, am I right?

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/ThorFail1.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/ThorFail2.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/LokiDeath.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/ThorFail3.jpg

Oh.. right.

Which is irrelevant, because it has nothing to do with how Thor performs under his own power, against a Void that hasn't been under constant attack and asking to be killed. We already had that in Siege #3, when the only thing that saved him was Void going "lulz, I'll take your home down".

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
At the end there, after the helicarrier, do you think thor could have put him down if the void didn't want it to happen?

After the Helicarrier?

I certainly think it's possible. He was sustaining consistent damage that was harming him before it was dropped damage that Thor alone could replicate in a forum setting. Void's got impressive regen capabilities to be sure, but it's been shown time and time again that he can be "killed". Whether or not its permanent is another story.

amnesia

SamZED
On a forum fight.. what's stopping Void from taking Thor apart the same way he did it to MM and Loki using his powers?

JakeTheBank

Philosophía
Thor > Molecule Man and Lok w/norn stones (both of which Void casually overpowered and one-shotted once he got down to business), obviously.

JakeTheBank
On a forum fight.. what's stopping Void from taking Thor apart the same way he did it to MM and Loki using his powers?

BFRing Void, draining him of life essence, erecting force fields which have stood up to far more than what Void has displayed, etc.

A forum fight gives Thor just as much of an advantage as it does Void.

Bentley
Thor not being able to interfere its pretty much the definition of PIS, Loki had to die.

Why don't you show what happens afterwards when the Void doesn't manage to do a single thing -for three pages!- against Thor who keeps pummeling him until he becomes Bob?

kgkg
Lol at this thread. When Bob pretty much asked Thor to kill him. Go Thor

If Void wants to win he will win rather easily here.

Philosophía
Yes, because Thor being "helpless" in the grips of a situation, figuratively or literally = Thor being stomped. Giving your opponents free shots and then restraining him casually while he has a "I'm going to burst into womanly tears at any moment now" is what I'd consider a stomp, yes.
If Thor was stomped, he would have been one-shotted by Sentry or casually dealt with much like Odin flicked away Silver Surfer or something similar. Or like Void one-shotted Molecule Man and Loki w/Norn Stones, am I right?

Thor was, like I said, lucky that Sentry had to leave to destroy his home for the lulz, because things weren't looking so good for him.

Forgive me I do.

Naija boy
Originally posted by kgkg

Pretty much.

Warlord

indeed and I don't really see why there is so much debate about it

JakeTheBank

The Nuul
Sentry/Void is such a crap character and way too much based on PIS. So I am staying out of this. Siege sucked. Just leaving my 2 cents and thats all.

Bentley
Nobody is arguing than the Void loses here, simply the bizarre notion of him stomping Thor, specially in a forum fight where Thor can use his many years of feats to even the field.

If Sentry wanted to die. How did Bob ever managed to wrestle control against the all-might Void? Void was weakened by his enemies and eventually became too weak to sustain his form. It happened before against Hulk, its in the character.

JakeTheBank
Nobody is arguing than the Void loses here, simply the bizarre notion of him stomping Thor, specially in a forum fight where Thor can use his many years of feats to even the field.

If Sentry wanted to die. How did Bob ever managed to wrestle control against the all-might Void? Void was weakened by his enemies and eventually became too weak to sustain his form. It happened before against Hulk, its in the character.

QFT.

It's just odd how one can instantly cite Sentry/Void's single best feat ever as the norm for him when it's obvious it's one of his high end feats. And even with said feat, Thor has several on panel feats of either resisting total disintegration, transmutation, or the manipulation of his own molecules.

Badabing
It seems like people are forgetting Thor may not have been 100%. He was fighting Sentry, to what was arguably a stalemate, when the Dark Avengers threw a beat down on him.

Philosophía
Only they weren't free shots at all. The Thor Siege tie-ins reveals that much. So this was retconned into not being a free shot in the tie-in?

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_FreeShotFail.jpg

Very nice.

Only they weren't free shots at all. The Thor Siege tie-ins reveals that much.

Void one-shotting one of the weakest portrayed Molecule Man's ever is a good feat, I'm guessing? Donald Blake broke his nose with a punch. It's obvious his durability is off the charts. Had Void beat a Molecule Man who was ravaging the entire planet or galaxy, I'd be more willing to hype him up. Loki w/ Norn Stones was doing something right, I'd imagine. And it's not like Thor hasn't beaten an amped Loki before, so forgive me if I don't think that's an OMG WTF feat. Molecule Man totally needed to destroy a galaxy in order for him not to be considered his weakest portrayal when Sentry beat him. Like right away. Boof. I destroy ze galaxy folks, I iz powaful!

I luvz your logic.

Molecule Man was handling everything but Void casually. There was no mention that he was depowered. You're drawing conclusions based on nothing to support your stance.

Void casually ripping apart Loki w/Norn Stones while Thor is helpless is totally irrelevant, because Thor has totally beaten an amped Loki! I totally agree, my logic driven friend.

Bentley
Nobody seems to care either the beatdown Void received after Loki died which made him lost his form.

JakeTheBank

Philosophía
Nobody seems to care either the beatdown Void received after Loki died which made him lost his form. The one he received after being attacked en-masse by the heroes. I say a better gauge is to look at what he was doing before the subsequent amp took place since that.. you know.. relevant to what we're discussing.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/ThorVoidFail.jpg

Look at Thor totally not being stomped by Void again. Where does the god of thunder's power end ?!

SamZED
I have no problem with Thor holding his own against Void, hitting him etc I only have problem with him being able to kill him with a lightning and with Sentry getting hurt by the hellicarier after its been established that he cant be killed at all. Other than PIS the only logical explanation would be - Bob helped Thor kill him and in that case that shouldnt be used in Thor's favor in a vs forum.

JakeTheBank

batdude123
Yes, because being on the ground in pain translates into stompage.

baka

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by batdude123
baka

erm

Philosophía
No, more like in the tie-in Sentry was fighting Thor and the two were displayed as exchanging blow for blow. erm You mean the one where he was portrayed as fighting normal, yellow eyes Sentry, contrary to what's been portrayed in the main series where he fights Voided out Sentry (who lets him have the free shot) and then the full fledged Void, who casually handles him, and even has him on the ground crying in pain, before the norn stone amp came in?

Yes, relevancy again.

Um, Molecule Man needs to do something a bit more impressive than what he did for people's wanking of said feat to even make sense. Unless of course you think that Molecule Man was even close to what he's truly capable of as shown from comics. And if he wasn't, then why blow said feat out of the water completely? That's not how things work.

Characters don't need to blow galaxies in order to demonstrate their power on every appearance. That is idiotic.

Unless you have hard evidence that Molecule Man was far off from what should be his powerlevel, it's a laughable stance to go all "You have to prove that he isn't weak, because he didn't destroy a galaxy!".

I've noticed logic really seems to deteriorate dramatically once most Thor related discussions progress on this board.

Thor has tanked/endured attacks which have bowled over or would have wrecked or even killed Loki. Loki w/Norn Stones durability doesn't come close to rivaling Thor's best in the same area. Thor's durability is also greater than Ares, so using those two examples of Void "stomping" isn't much of an argument, if it is at all.

You're right. Casually overpowering Loki w/Norn Stones and ripping him apart while Thor is helpless to stop Void, is totally in.. Thor's ballpark.

Where have I brought up Ares?

Philosophía
Yes, because being on the ground in pain translates into stompage. Thank you.

Bentley
I have no problem with Thor holding his own against Void, hitting him etc I only have problem with him being able to kill him with a lightning and with Sentry getting hurt by the hellicarier after its been established that he cant be killed at all. Other than PIS the only logical explanation would be - Bob helped Thor kill him and in that case that shouldnt be used in Thor's favor in a vs forum.

I would say there are grounds to say Void reverts to Bob after taking so much damage.

Thor wincing in pain at that attack would be much more relevant if Captain America didn't block the very same attack with his shield erm

We all see its a PIS filled issue, but I don't translate it into being exclusively PIS against Void.

bbrem123

Omega Vision
Void 9/10 but he works for those wins IMO.

I can see a God-Blast putting Void down for long enough to constitute a forum win.

Philosophía
Thor wincing in pain at that attack would be much more relevant if Captain America didn't block the very same attack with his shield erm Because we all know how shitty Cap's shield is.

JakeTheBank

bbrem123
philosophia has pretty much said everything perfectly...the few that think thor wins are just arguing because they dont want void to be more powerful.(and going against what the comics blatantly portray to us.)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by bbrem123
philosophia has pretty much said everything perfectly...the few that think thor wins are just arguing because they dont want void to be more powerful.(and going against what the comics blatantly portray to us.)

I'm pretty sure mostly everyone here agrees that Void wins.

In a forum setting without PIS or plot though, he isn't stomping Thor unless you just throw all of his feats out the window.

Bentley

xJLxKing
I am

quanchi112
Uhm, it's quite obvious the only thing which saved the heroes was him reverting back to Bob and begging for Thor to kill him. When Thor disagreed he turned back into the Void to give him the motivation he needed to do so. With that being said Void rapes Thor over and over again. There was nothing to stop Void from annihilating all the heroes save his guilt. He could have done so easily and we all knew he was going to lose in siege 4 but what I can't understand is how Thor gets all the credit when

1)Void wasn't 100 percent either.
2)Thor had an entire team and even his own brother on his side against Void.
3)Void asked to be killed.
4)It's been made clear he lost because he wanted to lose. He's got something in common with Thanos here.

Now if another character goes to war with someone and takes on an entire team, handles them, kills one or so characters, and then asks to be killed do we assume the person who killed him can solo him when the character is still actively trying to prevail?

All in all Void stomps. It's the same as the last time the Void attacked earth the only person who could defeat Void was himself.

Bentley
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I am

My arguments don't represent you nor your stance.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
4)It's been made clear he lost because he wanted to lose. He's got something in common with Thanos here.

Oh, how I've missed you, Quan. smile

The Nuul
Oh, how I've missed you, Quan. smile

You are the only one.

kgkg
I'm just lol at the poll result.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by The Nuul
You are the only one.

I just find it funny that his return post so to speak SOMEHOW works in Thanos.

Bentley
I'm just lol at the poll result.

They are actually quite funny big grin

cdtm
Uhm, it's quite obvious the only thing which saved the heroes was him reverting back to Bob and begging for Thor to kill him. When Thor disagreed he turned back into the Void to give him the motivation he needed to do so. With that being said Void rapes Thor over and over again. There was nothing to stop Void from annihilating all the heroes save his guilt. He could have done so easily and we all knew he was going to lose in siege 4 but what I can't understand is how Thor gets all the credit when

Now if another character goes to war with someone and takes on an entire team, handles them, kills one or so characters, and then asks to be killed do we assume the person who killed him can solo him when the character is still actively trying to prevail?

All in all Void stomps. It's the same as the last time the Void attacked earth the only person who could defeat Void was himself.

Agreed for the most part.

Although, Starlin really didn't need to "mental block" excuse... Not to mention, how would Warlock even be able to diagnose it? Is he an authority on pop psychology...?

But yeah, Sentry beat The Sentry, basically. He simply used Thor to do it.

Badabing

All in all Void stomps. It's the same as the last time the Void attacked earth the only person who could defeat Void was himself. WB! cool

Wild Shadow
was he temp banned or something? anyways i missed him too..

anyways sentry is has nothing similar to the great thanos of titan.. although in the siege thor did have a full team he also did not use all his various powers which he has full access to here which would make the fight somewhat different then in the comic

Philosophía
It was part of the same fight. no expression The tide turned in Void's favor when he Voided out. Any person who read it can see that much. Part of the same fight, yes, but what was depicted was normal Sentry going up against Thor. Can you tell me what we're discussing in this thread?
So basically, Molecule Man was operating at his standard far beyond High Herald power levels when it has been shown repeatedly that when the timid dumbass Owen persona is in control he's far weaker/capable than he is as when he's in raving Molecule Man mode. If you can't look at the issue and detirmine that that showing of Molecule Man was one of his weaker ones based on what he has done, then I don't know how to help you. I guess I could suggest reading more comics and being familiar with all feats as a whole, but that would derail the notion of a Void stomp now, wouldn't it.Nothing shows otherwise. You're trying to prove something by using what you're trying to prove as evidence. Which made me smile. He was handling everyone with the utmost of ease, including Sentry who he easily tore apart, before the latter discovered his molecular control.

He wasn't even hinted, much less stated to be weaker than before, and nothing in the issue even suggests as such.
Here.

To suggest Void can do the same thing he did to two characters with inferior durability or defenses against being literally torn apart is asinine. laughing out loud

Saying that Thor was lucky Void went to destroy Asgard instead of giving him the Ares treatment isn't the same thing as saying that Void ripping Ares in half proves he can do so to Thor.

I know your mind went totally blank when reading "Thor Sentry Void Ares treatment", but try to comprehend the sentences.

JakeTheBank

Philosophía
We're discussing Void Sentry, who didn't stomp Thor. smile Didn't I just describe to you how Void stomped Sentry by giving him free shots and then restraining him casually, leaving to destroy Asgard while Thor stood helpless, coming back and stomping on Thor again who is crying in pain on the ground, Loki intervening to amp the heroes, when Void turns his attention twoards him, and kills him with Thor watching helpless, again?

And then you used scans from tie-ins that didn't even depict the same version from the main series of the characters going up against eachother as proof, and I pointed out why it's invalid?

Now you're going "Nuh-uh!"? laughing out loud

Lawlz.

Nothing shows otherwise except what happenedDescribe what happened that proved Molecule Man was depowered.

Then why bother stating Thor was lucky Void didn't give him the Ares treatment? Unless you wanted to imply that Void could rip him in half, like...uh, Ares, there's no reason to even bring Ares into it. The only one not comprehending here, is you.

So, if you use all of Thor's high end feats like we've done with Void/Sentry, he still gets stomped in your opinion?

Yes, I was implying Void would kill him like Ares. And no, I didn't use Void being able to do so to Ares as evidence of him being able to do so to Thor. It's quite simple, really. If you need (which, I think you do) analogies to understand it better, I'll use them.

JakeTheBank

Philosophía
Originally postead by JakeTheBank
Void stomped Sentry? laughing out loud

I'm going to borrow this from quan.

Concession accepted.

Originally postead by JakeTheBank
His entire mindset proves that much. If you know anything about Molecule Man, which I'm sure you do and are only supporting the feat in full to further your view point here, his powers are dependent on his mindset and personality. Everything in that comic pointed to that Molecule Man being the timid Owen Reece persona that gets sonned by the Fantastic Four and Avengers, not the highly dangerous and psychotic Molecule Man persona who is a universal threat. His feats say that much. And yeah, if Molecule Man was doing rather tame things with his powers such as he did, it's obvious he wasn't going all out or using his powers to their full extent. So nothing happened that actually proved he was depowered like you said it did but instead, you're basing it soley on the speculation that at the mindset he was at, he couldn't have been that powerful (which I'm going to adress).

Tame things like what, easily handling all of the Avengers simultaneously and ripping Sentry apart casually? You're stuck on the "He haz to destroy the galaxy!!". No, he doesn't. Not only that doesn't work in the context of the story, where he just wanted to be left alone and isn't going to go on galaxy busting for no reason, but it's a simple fact that a character doesn't have to show how powerful he is every story-arc he appears in in order for us to assume that he is still at that same level.

Molecule Man, even in the 'tame' state you're describing him, is still far above conventional top tiers. Extremly so. I'd say you're the one who doesn't really have a clue on the character.

I'm not going to pursue the other space-taking part of the post, since it diverts away from what was the initial point of our discussion.

Void has and will stomp Thor.

Omega Vision

JakeTheBank

Philosophía
I only answered what you wrongfully challenged. It was Siege that we were debating, and which you lost. It was Void's fight against Molecule Man that we were discussing, and in which you failed to prove anything, except an inabiltiy to sustain your arguments with any kind of sensible evidence for your stance.

If you want to go "But lets like go high for high feat, thats what I wanna do, dont ignore me" that's fine, but don't act like it was anything but what I just said.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Phil that's low. laughing out loud

I know. sad

JakeTheBank

Philosophía
Funny, because I'm far from being the only person here who doesn't think that Void "stomped" Thor in the comic nor would he "stomp" him in a forum setting. That's not surprising since the Thor fans or Sentry/Void haters far outweight those who actually give him what is due.
So again, including all their feats and history, does Void Sentry still "stomp" Thor? Yes.

JakeTheBank

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Nuul
You are the only one. I bet guy has so that makes two while you continue to suck at basic mathematics. Originally posted by Badabing
WB! cool Around. Every once in a while I need a break from kmc so I decided to take a vacation. Originally posted by cdtm
Agreed for the most part.

Although, Starlin really didn't need to "mental block" excuse... Not to mention, how would Warlock even be able to diagnose it? Is he an authority on pop psychology...?

But yeah, Sentry beat The Sentry, basically. He simply used Thor to do it. Warlock knows Thanos quite well so if any o f his adversaries would know this it would be him.

I am posing a question for any and all posters who wish to answer here. Do you believe the blast which killed the Void would have done so had the Void not wanted to be killed?

Doctor-Alvis
I never looked at Siege #3 as Thor getting stomped by Void before. In that case, I totally stomped that kid who punched me once in the 3rd grade.

SamZED
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I never looked at Siege #3 as Thor getting stomped by Void before. In that case, I totally stomped that kid who punched me once in the 3rd grade. You killed his brother and destroyed his house? And made him watch?

Parmaniac
You killed his brother and destroyed his house? And made him watch? laughing
that would be even more funny if it was years later

Blanket
You killed his brother and destroyed his house? And made him watch? Seige 3.

Which means he grabbed a guy who punched him.

Doctor-Alvis
You killed his brother and destroyed his house? And made him watch?
Some of that was in #4. But if I did all that, that would probably be the opposite of stomping him because he comes out of the situation completely unscathed, physically. I always thought a stomp was like beating someone to down pretty hard with little to no damage to yourself.

I think people like Thor, Sentry, and Superman attract more opposition than the others for whatever.

It's because they're dicks.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>