Urien vs Seth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gecko4lif
There can only be one secondary freak...

Demonic Phoenix
Urien, for having a better design, being far manlier, and having an overall better addition to the series.

~ Seth wins I guess. Don't know much about Urien's feats.
Seth does have that incredibly laem, but powerful black-hole.

No End N Site
Urien...

-He is equal to Gill, Gill just has different and better powers.

-He can punch the ground so hard that it shoots lava geysers.

-He can stand in a geyser of lava.

-He can turn his body into some sort of metallic alloy.

-Can create full fledged earth quakes with little effort.

-Has metalkinesis.

-Has electrokinesis

-Has geokinesis

-Aegis Reflector (I love that move)

"Get ready...TO DIE!!"

Demonic Phoenix
Seth can suck people in and shoot them out uhuh

Aegis Reflector pwns.
There should be a respect thread for Urien. Not for his feats, but his sheer manliness.

~ To be fair, Seth could simply copy Urien's abilities.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Seth can suck people in and shoot them out uhuh

Aegis Reflector pwns.
There should be a respect thread for Urien. Not for his feats, but his sheer manliness.

~ To be fair, Seth could simply copy Urien's abilities.

That sounds so wrong. And to be serious, I don't think he can actually do that move. If that move was canon, there are VERY few characters in any fighting game that he could not beat.

I think Urien has a respect thread and I would assume that there is certain level to what Seth can copy (he already has an ass load of Urien normals). I think he would actually have to have Urien's powers to do Urien's moves.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by No End N Site
That sounds so wrong. And to be serious, I don't think he can actually do that move. If that move was canon, there are VERY few characters in any fighting game that he could not beat.

I think Urien has a respect thread and I would assume that there is certain level to what Seth can copy (he already has an ass load of Urien normals). I think he would actually have to have Urien's powers to do Urien's moves.

It's like his Trademark move. I doubt it would be non-canon.

He's able to copy Dhalsim's "elasticity" and his Yoga Teleport. I think that he can copy whatever move from whomever he wants, but he cannot copy everything that person can do.
He could easily copy say, the Aegis Reflector, or the Lightning Sphere.

Warden
Just use what move a character like Seth does in gameplay it's easier.

AsbestosFlaygon
Gill >= Urien > Shin Akuma >= M. Bison >>> Seth

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Gill >= Urien > Shin Akuma >= M. Bison >>> Seth

err, no... That makes no sense whatsoever.

Gecko4lif
There is no way urein = gill

No End N Site
If Gill and Urien were to turn their powers off and have a normal fight, they would draw.

It's like his Trademark move. I doubt it would be non-canon.

He's able to copy Dhalsim's "elasticity" and his Yoga Teleport. I think that he can copy whatever move from whomever he wants, but he cannot copy everything that person can do.
He could easily copy say, the Aegis Reflector, or the Lightning Sphere.

Seth doesn't have a trademark move. There is no FG character alive who can survive instant spaghettification caused by a black hole (prolly a few DS). Seth just compressin' you would kill you on contact. Should I also mention that the move has crazy range? This move would allow him to kill other characters who are WAAAAAYYYY stronger than him. I find this attack too ridiculous to be canon and the fact that he didn't use it against Ryu only furthers my beliefs.

My point wit Urien was, Urien does his attacks through kinesis. You would have to have the psychic abilities in order to preform many of Urien's moves. You can copy the moves all you want, you can't do them unless you have the powers necessary to use them.

Demonic Phoenix
If Gill and Urien were to turn their powers off and have a normal fight, they would draw.

Seth doesn't have a trademark move. There is no FG character alive who can survive instant spaghettification caused by a black hole (prolly a few DS). Seth just compressin' you would kill you on contact. Should I also mention that the move has crazy range? This move would allow him to kill other characters who are WAAAAAYYYY stronger than him. I find this attack too ridiculous to be canon and the fact that he didn't use it against Ryu only furthers my beliefs.

My point wit Urien was, Urien does his attacks through kinesis. You would have to have the psychic abilities in order to preform many of Urien's moves. You can copy the moves all you want, you can't do them unless you have the powers necessary to use them.

So? Because a move is realistically so damn overpowered, it has to be non-canon? erm That's a rather faulty line of logic.
Seth not using the move against Ryu could easily be attributed to PIS, rather than him not having the move.
Akuma never used the Shun Goku Satsu against Ryu; does that somehow mean he doesn't know the move in canon?
Also, I doubt the developers would put in an in-game move for a character which they couldn't perform in canon.

A move like Aegis Reflector isn't tied to his two attributes, which are metal and lightning. It seems to be something different, like Seraphic Wing for Gill.

No End N Site
So? Because a move is realistically so damn overpowered, it has to be non-canon? erm That's a rather faulty line of logic.
Seth not using the move against Ryu could easily be attributed to PIS, rather than him not having the move.
Akuma never used the Shun Goku Satsu against Ryu; does that somehow mean he doesn't know the move in canon?
Also, I doubt the developers would put in an in-game move for a character which they couldn't perform in canon.

No it's not faulty logic, It's called common sense. Some moves are clear jokes and acts of ridiculousness that are not meant to be taken seriously. As for Akuma, he has used the SGS in canon 3 times. Developers give in-game moves to character in which they can't perform in canon all the time. It's called a joke. Seriously doubt characters like R.Mika can actually summon a ring out of no where to do special moves.

A move like Aegis Reflector isn't tied to his two attributes, which are metal and lightning. It seems to be something different, like Seraphic Wing for Gill.

Aegis Reflector is tied to Electricity, you can plainly see it on the move. Also note, Urien and Gill have 3 attributes, not 2. Seraphic Wing belongs to Gill's 3rd element, "Miracle".

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Urien was powerful enough to rival and oppose Gill.
While Seth is merely a body double for M. Bison (Dictator) with downloaded moves from various martial artist.

So Urien has a more impressive feat.
Urien should have the edge.

AsbestosFlaygon
Not to mention Seth was defeated by the newly-resurrected M. Bison.
Which only means Seth is much, much weaker than Shin Akuma.
And Urien and Gill are both > Shin Akuma; Urien is only slightly weaker than Gill.

Demonic Phoenix
No it's not faulty logic, It's called common sense. Some moves are clear jokes and acts of ridiculousness that are not meant to be taken seriously. As for Akuma, he has used the SGS in canon 3 times. Developers give in-game moves to character in which they can't perform in canon all the time. It's called a joke. Seriously doubt characters like R.Mika can actually summon a ring out of no where to do special moves.

It isn't common sense when that was all you were using to validate a move's canonicity, and the fact that it didn't appear in one of his fights.

Yes, because Seth is a joke character, so he must have a joke move that seems so overpowered. Not to mention, an Ultra Combo joke move that lets him joke-suck people into his joke-Tao Sign and then Joke-shoot them out at joke-high speeds. Yeah, the move screams "JOKE"

Either the move is not as powerful as it seems, or SF characters can somehow survive this shit. That I would understand.
But a canon Boss character's Ultra Combo being a joke-move?

Aegis Reflector is tied to Electricity, you can plainly see it on the move. Also note, Urien and Gill have 3 attributes, not 2. Seraphic Wing belongs to Gill's 3rd element, "Miracle".

My mistake on Aegis Reflector.

3rd attribute Miracle WUT?

No End N Site
It isn't common sense when that was all you were using to validate a move's canonicity, and the fact that it didn't appear in one of his fights.

Yes, because Seth is a joke character, so he must have a joke move that seems so overpowered. Not to mention, an Ultra Combo joke move that lets him joke-suck people into his joke-Tao Sign and then Joke-shoot them out at joke-high speeds. Yeah, the move screams "JOKE"

Either the move is not as powerful as it seems, or SF characters can somehow survive this shit. That I would understand.
But a canon Boss character's Ultra Combo being a joke-move?

My mistake on Aegis Reflector.

3rd attribute Miracle WUT?

The move is clearly a joke, S-Kill even says it in one of his interviews. A SF character bein' able to compress someone to an atom and then shoot'em out to have their face smash against the screen wit a goofy exaggerated look of pain on their face. I don't see how this move is not too ridiculous to believe. How can this move not be as powerful as it seems? He literally creates a move with a "black hole" effect. No character in SF or most other FGs can tank a black hole. From now on, all I have to do in a VS wit Seth is say, "he uses his Ultra" and he will kill most people he is up against.

Urien
electricity
metal
earth (it's how he makes geysers and earth quakes)

Gill
fire
ice
miracle (Resurrection, Seraphic Wing and all that crazy shit in his ending)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.