Namor: The First Mutant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
http://marvel.com/news/all.12484.exclusive~colon~_new_namor_ongoing_series

Vampires are hunting mutants and the only hope for the X-Men may be the Sub-Mariner, as he boldly launches into a new ongoing series with the extra-sized NAMOR: THE FIRST MUTANT #1, a "Curse of The Mutants" tie-in spinning out of the hotly-anticipated X-MEN #1! Stuart Moore and Ariel Olivetti set the world's first mutant on his most dangerous mission ever! Namor may be able to end the vampire threat, but is he willing to sacrifice Atlantis? And what can stop the threat of...the Atlantean vampires? With covers by Jae Lee and Joe Quesada, NAMOR #1 marks the beginning on a new chapter in Namor's life...or his death.

This August, dive into an all new ongoing series with NAMOR: THE FIRST MUTANT. The X-Men will never be the same!

NAMOR: THE FIRST MUTANT #1
Written by STUART MOORE
Penciled by ARIEL OLIVETTI
Cover by JAE LEE
Variant Cover by JOE QUESADA
Rated T+ ...$3.99
ON SALE AUGUST

I'll prob check this out.

Badabing
FINALLY!!!!!! woot

Entity
I know Namor is reguarded as the first mutant but with the knowledge of Apocalypse predating him by almost 4000 years, I don't see how this still stands! confused

psycho gundam
^ by publication history (namor has like 50 years on him)

KingD19
Selene is actually the oldest mutant, she predates Apoc by a good while.

srankmissingnin
Plus its easy to ignore a piss poor character like Apoc. evil face

I like Stuart Moore (he wrote one of the best Wolverine stories ever), and I like Olivetti (though I'm not sure if this title is best suited to his style. I think I'll pick it up. Its not like its a long term commitment, the 12 issues that get released before the title is canceled wont break my bank or anything.

lft4ded
Lol! I liked the old Namor series from the 90's. big grin

Bentley
The First is probably meant as the Prime in Prime Minister. Like, he's the kingest.

KingD19
When they called him the 1st mutant, he technically was, since Apoc and Selene hadn't been conceived as characters yet. After they were created.

Apoc was born almost 5,000 yrs ago, while Selene has about 17,000 under her belt.

Namor was still considered the 1st mutant, not only because of his publication history, but because he was a hybrid of human and atlantean, so he was a Human/Atlantean Mutant. He's the first and only of that kind of mutant.

snoopdogg
This means Varnae will be the leader of the vampire threat I'm guessing. He's the true lord of the vampires.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.