Race around the Earth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The following are to participate in a race around the Earth:

1. The Flash (Justice League: Crisis on Parallel Earths)
2. Johnny Quick (Justice League: Crisis on Parallel Earths)
3. Hancock
4. Mary (Hancock)
5. Meteor Man

Flash and Johnny are on foot of course, Hancock, Meteor Man and Mary in flight. Remember that Flash and Johnny can run just as fast over water.

KingD19
Hancock.

Rogue Jedi
How fast was he shown going?

KingD19
He moved so fast during the bank robbery that he was invisible.

When flying around in the movie he easily broke the sound barrier, so he was Mach 1+ at least.

He flew to the moon, so he was fast enough to reach escape velocity, and I'm pretty sure that it took more time for him to paint the moon than it did for him to fly there and back.

-Pr-
I don't recall Hancock doing anything that made him faster than the Flash.

KingD19
Flash didn't do anything particularly noteworthy in Crisis. All he did was run on water, and fight Johnny while running.

Hancock broke the sound barrier on several occasions, and reached escape velocity without much effort. And like I said, during the bank robbery, he moved so fast he literally dissapeared from sight.

Rogue Jedi
JQ did that piggyback thing on Owlman's TP scar, remember? He moved so fast it aged him.

I'm going with JQ here.

KingD19
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
JQ did that piggyback thing on Owlman's TP scar, remember? He moved so fast it aged him.

I'm going with JQ here.

I remember exactly what JQ did, and Flash was capable of vibrating just as fast, if not faster, but Batman knew what could happen, so he tricked JQ into doing it instead.

But he was only shown vibrating at that speed, I don't know the match on how to convert vibrating speed to running speed, but I'm sure JQ couldn't go as fast Hancock.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
I remember exactly what JQ did, and Flash was capable of vibrating just as fast, if not faster, but Batman knew what could happen, so he tricked JQ into doing it instead.

But he was only shown vibrating at that speed, I don't know the match on how to convert vibrating speed to running speed, but I'm sure JQ couldn't go as fast Hancock. I will RULE you.

KingD19
I will RULE you.

I've got a bit of a rebellious streak, so do what you will.

Rogue Jedi
So you got that, right? Jimmy the King?

steverules_2
Mac with the SUV

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5205/maco.jpg

Bardock42
Isn't Mary supposed to be more powerful than Hancock?

KingD19
Originally posted by Bardock42
Isn't Mary supposed to be more powerful than Hancock?

Not at all, if anything, he has more raw power and potential because he's a male of their species. And on average, the male is typically better physically. She seems more powerful because she never lost her memory and forgot how to use her powers. But no, she's just more experienced.

Bardock42
Not at all, if anything, he has more raw power and potential because he's a male of their species. And on average, the male is typically better physically. She seems more powerful because she never lost her memory and forgot how to use her powers. But no, she's just more experienced.

That's not true for all species, considering that she dominated him it is silly to assume it for this one.

Regardless, since this is the Hancock and Mary from the movie, wouldn't that advantage she had in the movie still translate, whether it is inherent or due to Hancock's amnesia.

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
Mac with the SUV

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5205/maco.jpg

McClane kills with American vehicles.

KingD19
That's not true for all species, considering that she dominated him it is silly to assume it for this one.

Regardless, since this is the Hancock and Mary from the movie, wouldn't that advantage she had in the movie still translate, whether it is inherent or due to Hancock's amnesia.

Name one humanoid species where the female is on average physically more powerful than the male.

And she never dominated him, she was a better fighter because like I said, she never lost her memory, she even had access to more abilities than him, like the lightning and weather manip. And the only real advantage she showed was the weather manip, he was just as strong, if not stronger, and just as fast, if not faster.

Robtard

I'm going with JQ here.

Him or Flash. They could have done that same feat, Batman lied to save Flash from death.

Robtard
Name one humanoid species where the female is on average physically more powerful than the male.

Silly argument, considering she said she was stronger.

Bardock42

Doesn't matter. they are gods, not evolved animals anyways.

Doesn't matter doubly so, because the average doesn't mean it was the case in this instance.

And she never dominated him, she was a better fighter because like I said, she never lost her memory, she even had access to more abilities than him, like the lightning and weather manip. And the only real advantage she showed was the weather manip, he was just as strong, if not stronger, and just as fast, if not faster.

She did dominate him, and she did seem faster at least to me, what do you base on that he is faster? Any particular scene? Otherwise I'd say we'd have to at least assume that they are equally fast.

KingD19
Doesn't matter. they are gods, not evolved animals anyways.

Doesn't matter doubly so, because the average doesn't mean it was the case in this instance.

She did dominate him, and she did seem faster at least to me, what do you base on that he is faster? Any particular scene? Otherwise I'd say we'd have to at least assume that they are equally fast.

They weren't gods, she said they were regarded as angels, and were created in pairs.

And you're saying just because she has more experience, she's stronger and faster than him? No

And the scene where they were at his trailer, then he said he was telling Mary's husband, they'd gone pretty far before she finally caught up with him.

And yes she said she was stronger Tard, considering she maintained full knowledge of all her abilities, I say she's stronger overall, but explain how she's physically superior and faster.

Bardock42
And the scene where they were at his trailer, then he said he was telling Mary's husband, they'd gone pretty far before she finally caught up with him.

So did he go extra slow so she can catch up with him?

KingD19
No, it just took her a while to finally catch up with him. Makes him faster I reckon.

Bardock42
No, it just took her a while to finally catch up with him. Makes him faster I reckon. I think that's incorrect. She would have to move faster than him to ever catch up with him, unless she could take a shortcut. I haven't seen the JLA movie so I don't know whether Flash or JQ are faster, and I hardly recall Meteor Man, but if it was just between Mary and Hancock, I think Mary would likely win based on what happened in the movie.

KingD19
She wasn't shown to be stronger or faster...she just knew everything they could do. Hancock was all about speed and strength.

Flash and JQ didn't do anything impressive in the movie aside from JQ vibrating to open a portal.

Nephthys
Knowing more about your powers origin shouldn't make you stronger or faster; you just are.

The Mithra, as far as I can tell the males are the not even slightly stronger, and stay at home as housemaidsmen.

Considering that these are 'Gods', i.e. superhuman beings who are far above the norm or human understanding, they are above petty things like physiology or physique. Its a pretty lousy assumption that he's stronger just becuase he's bigger, especially given that the whole point of superstrength is that its strength far above what your muscle mass should deem possible.

Impediment
Flash wins easily. In New Frontier, he had to use the device to direct the beams onto the Centre, but if you remember, the device would only work if EVERY SINGLE INCH OF SKIN of the alien was exposed to the rays AT THE SAME TIME.

Flash ran so fast, he was, literally, all over the alien at once.

I realize that this is a different film than listed, but this should give you an idea, I guess.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Flash wins easily. In New Frontier, he had to use the device to direct the beams onto the Centre, but if you remember, the device would only work if EVERY SINGLE INCH OF SKIN of the alien was exposed to the rays AT THE SAME TIME.

Flash ran so fast, he was, literally, all over the alien at once.

I realize that this is a different film than listed, but this should give you an idea, I guess.

I agree, Flash in most incarnations would take this. But I can't comment on the movie in question, yet,.

KingD19
A lot of Flashes would win, but not Crisis Flash, he was hardly impressive, he couldn't even rotate his arms and fly like in the comics or JLU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.