Top 100 videogame Villains IGN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://au.ign.com/videogame-villains/index.html

No End N Site
IGN has always sucked, imo.

Kazenji
And also slow they've got Top 10 will be up on 3rd of May

its passed that.

That ACDC Chick
from the number 84 spot, Chronos from God of War III

i thought villians are supposed to be ranked because of their evilness and badassery walshy

Scythe
God, there's so much fanboyism/nerdrage spewing forth from the comments box. Haha, it's not their list, it's IGN's... Pretty cool list though, I like how they added villains from all over.

One Free Man
Its such an opinion thing. I hate when magazines do this cause they are always wrong. There is no "top 100 best games". there's games you liked, and games you didnt.

Why don't they call it 100 cillains we thought were badass? that way this shit doesn't happen.

That ACDC Chick
really?
Tom Nook from Animal Crossing made that list?

Kazenji
Good to see Kane making the list.

Heythere,Honey
I don't know a lot of characters on that list.

Ridley_Prime
You can't spell ignorance without ign.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
really?
Tom Nook from Animal Crossing made that list? The list lost all sense of reason when I saw that... Have they not played 100 games with villains of something? Tom Nook is a villain because he makes you run errands to pay off your house? Evil bastard! Looks like they were really struggling to find villains.

FinalAnswer
The fact I dun't see Adachi or Tycho on this list means IGN failed again.

EDIT: Also the fact ****ing Tom Nook is higher then Gary Mother****ing Oak is further evidence IGN is full of ignorant idiots.

§P0oONY
Gary Oak isn't a villain.... He's a rival...

No End N Site
I just noticed M.Bison AND Akuma are on the list! IGN still sucks hyper ass, tho.

ArtificialGlory
Pretty good list. It has just enough characters that I know to have me sold.

MooCowofJustice
Happy to see Kessler on there. And that's about it, really.

FinalAnswer

Ridley_Prime
Nor is Subzero. In fact, he was one of the good guys from MK3 and onward.

No words can even begin to describe how fail that list is. At least it has Shang Tsung though.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
He's an antagonist.

Mario isn't a villain either. Team Rocket are the villains of the Pokemon world. Gary was just a rival, he wasn't evil or even bad, he doesn't even really work agianst you... So he's not an antagonist.

As for Mario... In "Donkey Kong Jr" Mario has DK locked in a cage and it's your objective to save him. Making Mario the villain in that game.

Ridley_Prime
Locking a gorilla in a cage ain't nothin' compared to what the real villains of gaming have done though. uhuh

Plenty of those listed like Darth Vader aren't even video game characters or characters that originated in a game, so uh, minus another point for the amateurs at IGN.

§P0oONY
I don't say that I agree with the list. I was simply disagreeing with that guys complaint that Gary wasn't higher. I don't think that either Mario or Gary deserve a place in the list,,, but you can argue that Mario is a villain whereas Gary simply is not.

FinalAnswer
Why?

Ms.Marvel
depends on your definition of villain really but gary never actively tries to stop you from achieving your goals anymore then any other trainer in the game does. i dont see him as a villain or an antagonist either TBH

FinalAnswer
If I recall correctly, isn't he a giant ******* who treats his Pokemanz cruely?

I haven't played Pokemanz in years, so I dun't know.

§P0oONY
Maybe he did in the cartoon but I don't remember him treating his pokemon badly in the game. He may have been a bit of a dick to the protagonist... but rivals generally are... which is what he is.... not a villain.....

Wait a second... Gary isn't even in the game... The rival's default name is either Red or Blue (can't remember which, think it was Blue).

Ridley_Prime

Phanteros
The only dick to pokemon is Paul from DP

Ridley_Prime
Kinda forgot who that is now, so I'll take your word for it.

Heythere,Honey
I think Cyrus would've been a better villain for the Pokemon games.

Ridley_Prime
I'll stick with Giovanni.

Heythere,Honey
Nah, Gio didn't do anything too bad. Plus, Cyrus has a god complex.

BackFire
GlaDOS at number one. Good lord.

I love Portal but it's really annoying how that game has become such a trend. I get the impression that most of the people who quote this game constantly probably haven't even played it all the way through.

FinalAnswer
Top 10 List is ghey.

GlaDOS, while a good villain, is definately not #1 nor in the top 10.

Atleast they admitted Kefka is moar evil then Sephiroth, and Ganon is actually higher then him.

I was honestly thinking they'd give Sephiroth the #1 spot, which would've been ghey.

NemeBro
Originally posted by BackFire
GlaDOS at number one. Good lord.

I love Portal but it's really annoying how that game has become such a trend. I get the impression that most of the people who quote this game constantly probably haven't even played it all the way through. Seriously?

GlaDOS is ossum, admittedly, and Still Alive is leetness at its best, but GlaDOS is not the best villain in gaming.

Also, when I finally played the game, I failed to see what was so awesome about the cake being a lie. That may just be because it was screamed by every fanboy of Portal I know of though.

Was a really good game, yeah, but the hype made some parts of it sour for me.

Also, top villain in gaming is the river from Oregon Trail. Or maybe the Rattlesnakes. No others have been able to crush my soul and feed off my tears in such a sadistic fashion.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by NemeBro
Also, top villain in gaming is the river from Oregon Trail. Or maybe the Rattlesnakes. No others have been able to crush my soul and feed off my tears in such a sadistic fashion.

Or Dysentery

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Nor is Subzero. In fact, he was one of the good guys from MK3 and onward.

No words can even begin to describe how fail that list is. At least it has Shang Tsung though.

yeah, but 97th on the list? he ranks higher than that.. he's a shape shifting soul thief FFS...

Ushgarak
100 is too many items for any list such as this, hence it being full of fillers and frankly weird choices.

Sin_Volvagia
The list blows. Why is Donkey Kong at the top 10? Why is it that Tyson, Sub-Zero, and other non-villains on the list but not Andross? Then again this is from IGN.

That ACDC Chick
maybe we shuld make our own list or something hmm
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa im kidding....... bermm

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Nah, Gio didn't do anything too bad.
Unless you count the 2nd Mewtwo movie and what not.

Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Plus, Cyrus has a god complex.
Most characters with that have usually come off as annoying to me.

Originally posted by super pr*xy
yeah, but 97th on the list? he ranks higher than that.. he's a shape shifting soul thief FFS...
True. He should've been ranked higher than that, or at least higher than Goro. lol

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
The list blows. Why is Donkey Kong at the top 10? Why is it that Tyson, Sub-Zero, and other non-villains on the list but not Andross? Then again this is from IGN.
Yep yep. Just noticed Ridley and a couple others were missing as well. Guess that's IGN for ya.

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
maybe we shuld make our own list or something hmm
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa im kidding....... bermm
Heh. Even that would be better than Idiot Gaming Network's garbage list, though.

Heythere,Honey
Movie's wouldn't count. uhuh

Ridley_Prime
They do when it comes to Mewtwo on Games Versus, so I don't see why it wouldn't count for Giovanni.

The Scenario
It lists Dark Samus/SA-X and then completely forgets about the SA-X part. Did they not realize that they're two separae things? And while I'm glad Mother Brain got a Top 10 spot, Ridley is missing. He's like Metroid's second mascot character after Samus.

Woo for Ganondorf at #3, and Bowser should have been #1. He is, if anything, the most famous.

Too many were simply not from videogames, and too many were just villainous organizations (Covenant, Team Rocket, etc.)

Ridley_Prime
Heh, I too found it odd how they treated Dark Samus and SA-X as the same character/entity.

Originally posted by The Scenario
and too many were just villainous organizations (Covenant, Team Rocket, etc.)
Now that ya mention that, the Space Pirates are missing on the list as well. D:

But yeah, they should've just narrowed it down to one character in particular, instead including a whole group.

NemeBro
Woo for Ganondorf at #3, and Bowser should have been #1. He is, if anything, the most famous. Bowser is neither the most competent nor could he be considered the most utterly villainous.

Being famous does not make you a good villain.

That ACDC Chick
Bowser is neither the most competent nor could he be considered the most utterly villainous.

i agree, the list should be based around who did what or who is the most powerful, IMO

BloodRain
Should be on the actual villainous acts. Bowser shouldn't be in the top 10.

Kazenji
Personally i think Kane from Command & Conquer should be higher up on the list

the guy is very intelligent almost like Dr Doom and many other things.

The Scenario
Bowser is neither the most competent nor could he be considered the most utterly villainous.

He's the quintessential villain. He's done it all. The way this list was run, it still should gave been Bowser.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by BloodRain
Should be on the actual villainous acts. Bowser shouldn't be in the top 10.
Despite what he did in Super Mario Galaxy?

FinalAnswer
He's the quintessential villain. He's done it all. The way this list was run, it still should gave been Bowser.

Nah.

There are characters out there that make Bowser look like a good gai.

The way this thread was run, Tom Nook should have been #1.

One Free Man
IGN has a fundamental misunderstanding between three things:

Antagonist, Rival, and Villain.

An antagonist isn't necessarily evil, such as donkey-kong, but is the main obstacle in the path of the protagonist. Another Ex. is carmen sandiego. wtf is she on this list?

A rival is someone who is trying to do a similar thing as you first or better, and thus is annoying. Gary oak, for instance. Also, anyone in a racing game.

A villain is an antagonist who is evil, such as gannon or joker or kain.

NemeBro
He's the quintessential villain. He's done it all. The way this list was run, it still should gave been Bowser. Has he ever committed genocide on an ethnic group and try to force a woman to have sex with him under threat of burning at a stake?

No?

Then he is not even as evil as a Disney villain. no expression

Ms.Marvel
are you talking about the dude from that hunchback movie?

he was pretty evil... you cant really use Disney character as a comparison though. they tend to be really evil for cartoon characters no expression

i wish Disney would put some of their influence into marvel comics. ermm

No End N Site
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

i wish Disney would put some of their influence into marvel comics. ermm

One Free Man
Actually he's right. I haven't seen a full length disney film I couldn't take seriously. Marvel comics is a joke though.

Won Fei Fon
A lack of Krelian in the #1 spot automatically renders this list shit.

Nephthys
I agree, look at how evil that guy is, how could he not be #1!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091111071419/xenosaga/images/thumb/7/7f/Xenogearskrelian.jpg/250px-Xenogearskrelian.jpg

Grrrrrr!

One Free Man
Sephiroth doesn't look evil he looks like a girl.

Sin_Volvagia
I like how they how they list King Hippo as a villain because of his role in Captain N.

Kazenji
Originally posted by One Free Man
Marvel comics is a joke though.

Yeah theres no evil characters when it comes to Marvel...... whistle

Pyron_Knight
SHODAN should have been #1.

quanchi112
Kain needs to be higher on the list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.