The Official Comic Book Obituary Thread (Be Warned! Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedDynamite
So....here I was thinking that DC had finally giving up on killing characters after Brightest Day. To the surprise of many....they still doing it. I came up with this idea for characters that needed to be remember. I think, someone should do one for Sentry.

Therefore, here is the Obituary for Ryan Choi (The New but late Atom)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/AllNewAtom.jpg

2006-2010 R.I.P.

He is survived by his girlfriend and his father who only speaks Mandarin when he's piss off.

You will be remember Ryan. sad

Endless Mike
How did he die?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Endless Mike
How did he die?

He was Terminated by Deathstroke.

Cartesian Doubt
Oh I can see this taking off - roll eyes (sarcastic)

roughrider
So the experiment with Asian characters at DC is over? big grin

Amadeus Cho rules over at Marvel!

-Pr-
They've still got the Great Ten, iirc.

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He was Terminated by Deathstroke. I see what you did there. You sly devil, you.

biscuits

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
I see what you did there. You sly devil, you.

biscuits

cool

-Pr-
I just read the Ryan Choi issue. Now, while i can honestly say that i didn't care much for the character and have never really thought much of him, the issue was... In bad taste. It seemed like they were just drawing it out for the sake of being gratuitous.

I get it. Sometimes deaths are senseless, but that? Left a bitter taste, tbh.

JakeTheBank
Now one death that was really uncalled for was Lian Harper. It was done for the sake of "character development", but it was pretty much unneeded in my opinion. The actual panels revealing said death were also kind of hard to read.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Now one death that was really uncalled for was Lian Harper. It was done for the sake of "character development", but it was pretty much unneeded in my opinion. The actual panels revealing said death were also kind of hard to read.

that was a f*cking travesty, imo.

Philosophía
Haters.

psycho gundam
i have to mention this: captain america #319 "bar with no name incident"

scourge killed the villains:

Jaguar, Mirage, Hellrazor, Shellshock, Bird-Man II, Cyclone, The Ringer, Turner D. Century, The Grappler, The Cheetah, The Vamp, Commander Kraken, Letha, Steeplejack II, Mind-Wave, Rapier, Firebrand, and Hijacker by gunning them down all at the same time.

not doing obituaries for them no

Q99
Originally posted by -Pr-
I just read the Ryan Choi issue. Now, while i can honestly say that i didn't care much for the character and have never really thought much of him, the issue was... In bad taste. It seemed like they were just drawing it out for the sake of being gratuitous.

I get it. Sometimes deaths are senseless, but that? Left a bitter taste, tbh.

It's pretty much they're so used to doing senseless deaths for shock value, that they've taken precedence over senseful deaths with meaning, and have a lot less shock value.

There's a comment I heard somewhere, "Too much resurrection doesn't cheapen death in comics. Too much death cheapens death in comics."

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
It's pretty much they're so used to doing senseless deaths for shock value, that they've taken precedence over senseful deaths with meaning, and have a lot less shock value.

There's a comment I heard somewhere, "Too much resurrection doesn't cheapen death in comics. Too much death cheapens death in comics."

pretty much.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Q99
There's a comment I heard somewhere, "Too much resurrection doesn't cheapen death in comics. Too much death cheapens death in comics." when you talk resurrection in comics, a few characters are basically synonymous with it: superman, jean grey, elektra, and recently (in a distant fourth) steve rogers.

elektra had to go at some time, being part of the underground ninja/assassin world. her coming back was kinda shitty.

superman dying was a shock, but it was for sales reasons as much as anything else so his return wasn't a bad thing...well, aside from the length of time off he had as the superman we know and love, superman blue and red..... come the phuck on dc.

screw jean

and cap coming back was pretty ghey, it was a roundabout way but still not right.

more characters should die considering what they do in comics (wolverine is a guy with knives for fists) everyday, the way they comeback is the problem.

currently reading brightest day and people are coming back left and right. better be worth it, hope it's not a means to avoid a "crisis" and still get to reset

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.