Pre Retconned Mxy Vs Molecule man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
this includes his feats like whacking spectre, destroying the omniverse, becoming god, coming into the real world, playing with talk bubbles, jumping out of his comic books, punching the editors in the face etc

Omega Vision
Mxy has never been retconned to my knowledge.

In any case Mxy FTW.

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Mxy has never been retconned

TheTyrant
MM easily.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheTyrant
MM easily.
How?

TheTyrant
How?

By being more powerful than a guy(Living Tribunal) who would stomp Mxy.

Lord_Talron
wait LT stomps mxy?

when has LT exhibited power to come out of the comics world

Omega Vision
By being more powerful than a guy(Living Tribunal) who would stomp Mxy.
If we were using strongest versions of both WF Mxy Ragestomps MM. Using standard versions Mxy also ragestomps.

Living Tribunal never battled MM so its speculation that MM is > LT.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
wait LT stomps mxy?

when has LT exhibited power to come out of the comics world

Galactus has done so already. That is nothing.

If we were using strongest versions of both WF Mxy Ragestomps MM. Using standard versions Mxy also ragestomps.

Living Tribunal never battled MM so its speculation that MM is > LT.

Not really. PR MM would never be weakend to the point of being turned into Prime's personal beatch.

Colossus-Big C
Galactus has done so already. That is nothing.
. actually he brought stan lee into the comic world, and stan lee is toaa anyways

galactusischere
Even WF Mxy's top feats aren't all that impressive compared to some of the things PR MM did.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by galactusischere
Even WF Mxy's top feats aren't all that impressive compared to some of the things PR MM did. none of these guys destroyed the whole omniverse.

a fully back spectre by the presence was whacked by mxy

galactusischere
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
none of these guys destroyed the whole omniverse.

a fully back spectre by the presence was whacked by mxy

There was no omniverse back then. Only a multi-verse and it was made clear than both Beyonder and MM were faaaaar beyond it.

Konton
Mxy

Galan007
Even WF Mxy's top feats aren't all that impressive compared to some of the things PR MM did. laughing out loud

galactusischere
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

Didn't PR MM create a barrier/shield more 'durable' than the entire multi-verse?

Lord_Talron
so destroying everything in existence and then rebuilding it offhandedly in a game he plays with bat-mite every wed is under par with MM?

Colossus-Big C
There was no omniverse back then. Only a multi-verse and it was made clear than both Beyonder and MM were faaaaar beyond it. mxy is too, he destroyed the omniverse with a gesture . the only beings left existing was him and batmite. then he recreated all creation in another gesture

TheTyrant
So you guys thin that WF Mxy was more powerful than the Living Tribunal?

Galan007
Didn't PR MM create a barrier/shield more 'durable' than the entire multi-verse? No. He fixed multiversal damage caused by Beyonder, though.

Impressive, sure, but it is still nothing compared to Mxy's feat of destroying the enitrety of DC with ease, then recreating it all with a snap.

Colossus-Big C
So you guys thin that WF Mxy was more powerful than the Living Tribunal? it was not cannon for a reason....

also when did you join comicvine?

Lord_Talron
yea. pretty much

TheTyrant
mxy is too, he destroyed the omniverse with a gesture . the only beings left existing was him and batmite. then he recreated all creation in another gesture

How is that comparable to fighting the Beyonder?

Colossus-Big C
How is that comparable to fighting the Beyonder? presumley, the presence tried to stop it by fully backing spectre to do so. and after spectre was killed with ease he just said "well at least they recreate everything back to normal"

TheTyrant
presumley, the presence tried to stop it by fully backing spectre to do so. and after spectre was killed with ease he just said "well at least they recreate everything back to normal"

Beyonder > Presence.

TheTyrant
it was not cannon for a reason....

also when did you join comicvine?

It is canon according to Galan and OV.

Last month.

Colossus-Big C
Beyonder > Presence. i would like to know the explanation you have behind this. confused

galactusischere
No. He fixed multiversal damage caused by Beyonder, though.

Impressive, sure, but it is still nothing compared to Mxy's feat of destroying the enitrety of DC with ease, then recreating it all with a snap.

I think you're wrong here Galan. You're talking about this: http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beyonderdestructionacrossmultiverse2gv0.jpg

The instance that I was referring to was when Beyonder casually shattered MM' protective dome. It was(I think) stated to be stronger than the entire multi-verse.

TheTyrant
i would like to know the explanation you have behind this. confused

The Presence is weaker than a being that is not omniscient. Atleast that's what the DC fans were posting not too long ago.

Colossus-Big C
The Presence is weaker than a being that is not omniscient. Atleast that's what the DC fans were posting not too long ago. though it was never stated on panel that he was.

Colossus-Big C

Last month. you like the other posters there?
all they do is insult people

Galan007
I think you're wrong here Galan. You're talking about this: http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beyonderdestructionacrossmultiverse2gv0.jpg

The instance that I was referring to was when Beyonder casually shattered MM' protective dome. It was(I think) stated to be stronger than the entire multi-verse. Here's the instance I believe you're referring to:
http://img192.imageshack.us/i/mm1lu.jpg/
http://img163.imageshack.us/i/mm2my.jpg/
http://img41.imageshack.us/i/mm3g.jpg/

As you can see, it was never stated that the dome Owen created was =/> the multiverse.

galactusischere
Here's the instance I believe you're referring to:

As you can see, it was never stated that the dome Owen created was =/> the multiverse.

Oh, my bad on that one.

TheTyrant
you like the other posters there?
all they do is insult people

I've been getting alot of hear from Lance Uppercut and other people. I mean I was one of the very few that were pro-Thanos in the Thanos-Supergirl or pro-Galactus in Galactus-DoV Spectre thread.

Comicvine is a cesspool compared to KMC where people like Mr Master/Enyalus/Galan post.

tkitna
I really dont know about this one. Tough call, but probably Mxy.

Colossus-Big C
I've been getting alot of hear from Lance Uppercut and other people. I mean I was one of the very few that were pro-Thanos in the Thanos-Supergirl or pro-Galactus in Galactus-DoV Spectre thread.

Comicvine is a cesspool compared to KMC where people like Mr Master/Enyalus/Galan post. i think
iceman24567 is lance uppercuts username on here

i may be wrong though

TheTyrant
i think

i may be wrong though

Nah. Their posts are not similar. I don't think LU has a KMC, cause he regards the site as a cesspool.

Omega Vision
The Presence is weaker than a being that is not omniscient. Atleast that's what the DC fans were posting not too long ago.
PM is Omniscient, and even if he wasn't how would not being Omniscient mean jack shit in deciding power scales?

Lord_Talron
omniscient means he knows and is aware of EVERYTHING, basically. kinda means a lot

Omega Vision
omniscient means he knows and is aware of EVERYTHING, basically. kinda means a lot
Has little to do with power though.

A High Herald with Omniscience is still a High Herald.

Colossus-Big C
rune king thor had omniscient

Omega Vision
rune king thor had omniscient
And this is relevant how?

Also could RKT haz Cheeseburger?

Lord_Talron
anyways, the presence is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. hes > either of these guys

Colossus-Big C
And this is relevant how?

Also could RKT haz Cheeseburger? to show omniscient=/=omnipotent

Lord_Talron
yup.

TheTyrant
An omnipotent is also omniscient, and omniscient is not always omnipotent.

PM was not omnisecient and thus not omnipotent, and still more powerful than the Presence.

Beyonder was 100% omnipotent/omniscient. MM went toe to toe with him.

Omega Vision
An omnipotent is also omniscient, and omniscient is not always omnipotent.

PM was not omnisecient and thus not omnipotent, and still more powerful than the Presence.

Beyonder was 100% omnipotent/omniscient. MM went toe to toe with him.
Even if your logic was solid (it isn't) PM is Omniscient.

Beyonder wasn't Omniscient. He barely knew shit about the world.

TheTyrant
Which is why PM had to send a probe to inspect DCU?

Beyonder did not know shit because he chose not to be omniscient and learn through experience. Read Secret Wars before debating against a character that primarily appeared in that storyline.

Colossus-Big C
beyonder thought he was the only thing existing at first

Omega Vision
Which is why PM had to send a probe to inspect DCU?

Beyonder did not know shit because he chose not to be omniscient and learn through experience. Read Secret Wars before debating against a character that primarily appeared in that storyline.
His curiosity was innate to his being as soon as he became sentient. I don't think he was ever Omniscient.

JakeTheBank
Mxy.

TheTyrant
You think WF Mxy was more powerful than the Living Tribunal?

Omega Vision
You think WF Mxy was more powerful than the Living Tribunal?
Yep.

And besides MM wasn't > LT.

Lord_Talron
thumb up

TheTyrant
MM actually fought Beyonder, while LT did not and 'trembled in fear' in front of him.

WF Mxy is not more powerful than LT, if he is then I would like to see the feat that places him so high, cause the omniverse busting/recreating ain't it.

Anyways, the LT defeated Mxy in a forum fight by a landslide.

Omega Vision
MM actually fought Beyonder, while LT did not and 'trembled in fear' in front of him.

WF Mxy is not more powerful than LT, if he is then I would like to see the feat that places him so high, cause the omniverse busting/recreating ain't it.

Anyways, the LT defeated Mxy in a forum fight by a landslide.
Omniverse recreation is above anything LT has ever done.

TheTyrant
And MJJ's feats are miles above Lucifer's. Yet about 60% of the people gave him the win becAuse of his said place in the grand scheme of things.
LT is the most powerful being in marvel currently and treats multi-versal beings like ants...or just doesn't care(Nebulos with starbands, Goblin Force, Abraxas, Magus with IG,
BCA Galactus, etc). Great Omni-versal powers like Merlyn with the energy matrix still take orders from him and all that. Even people like HoM SW or MJJ were beneath his notice. Now we all know that MJJ or HoM SW are in Mxy's league and all that(right). LT could IMO crush a million Mxy' and MM hundreds of LTs.

Mindset
Yep.

And besides MM wasn't > LT. Yes he was.

He was the only one who could stand up to Beyonder.

Mxy wins this fight, though.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes he was.

He was the only one who could stand up to Beyonder.

Mxy wins this fight, though.

Why do you think that Mxy is more powerful than the Living Tribunal, let alone MM? His feat of destroying/recreating DC multi-verse is nothing, as DC's multi-verse is only 52 universes.

TheTyrant
He also couldn't reverse Ruin's doings. Even someone like Galactus could have easily reversed Alex/Alexandra's transformations.

Doctor-Alvis
Didn't PR MM create a barrier/shield more 'durable' than the entire multi-verse?
I'm not even sure how to qualify that feat. It's like a sound louder than the color red.

galactusischere
He also couldn't reverse Ruin's doings. Even someone like Galactus could have easily reversed Alex/Alexandra's transformations.

Yea, that's the showing in Adventures of Superman #635 that really made me question Mxy' power. And the one with Prime.

I personally don't see how Mxy could defeat the LT, let alone Molecule Man.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
It's like a sound louder than the color red.

confused

supremthor
mxy all day & night

Mr Master

yes

Here's the instance I believe you're referring to:

Actually the "Dome" was re-inforced by all of Owen's power.

Owen > The LT and the rest of the Multiverse.

That aisde, Owen clearly states that while all Reality is destroyed,
his Dome will be left alone.
This tells us that the "Dome" was indeed more durable than the Multiverse.

Of course, this made no difference to the Beyonder.

Prep-Man
Mxy.

Philosophía
Mxy.

Mr Master
MM.

thumb up

Omniverse recreation is above anything LT has ever done.
no expression

The LT spins the beginning & end of Space/Time (Alpha & Omega) in one hand
while fashioning the power/guardians of Megaverses in the other.

The LT once stated that he could be all. (Omniverse)
The LT was once going to replace the prime Reality (616) with the Ultimate Universe,
which would've restructured the Omniverse's core/foundation.
The LT, with a gesture, shunted/withstood then reversed the IG's power. (incredible feat)

The Living Tribunal ... swank

Colossus-Big C
Why do you think that Mxy is more powerful than the Living Tribunal, let alone MM? His feat of destroying/recreating DC multi-verse is nothing, as DC's multi-verse is only 52 universes. thats only in the multiverse but theres also the vertigo multiverse and everything else

Colossus-Big C
mxy killed a fully backed spetre he wins here

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mr Master

The LT once stated that he could be all. (Omniverse)
The LT was once going to replace the prime Reality (616) with the Ultimate Universe,
which would've restructured the Omniverse's core/foundation.

The Living Tribunal ... swank
So basically: Would have, should have, could have. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Digi
I'm not even sure how to qualify that feat. It's like a sound louder than the color red.

Kinda what I thought too. Wouldn't anything created be a part of the multiverse, and therefore unable to be more durable than itself? It's like a contradiction wrapped in a tautology.

iceman24567
i think

i may be wrong though You are wrong kmc is the only forums community i post on and Mxy wins

TheTyrant
I can't believe that more people are posting in Mxy's favour.

Still these:
Yea, that's the showing in Adventures of Superman #635 that really made me question Mxy' power. And the one with Prime.

remain to be addressed.

iceman24567
You posing fanart as proof of Apoc being invincible has yet to be addressed no expression

galactusischere
mxy killed a fully backed spetre he wins here

You act as if that feat is worthy of being mentioned here. Even a fully backed Spectre isn't as powerful as the Living Tribunal.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by iceman24567
You posing fanart as proof of Apoc being invincible has yet to be addressed no expression

I didn't know.

iceman24567
You act as if that feat is worthy of being mentioned here. Even a fully backed Spectre isn't as powerful as the Living Tribunal. Says who?

TheTyrant
Says who?

Everybody who isn't DC biased.

iceman24567
Everybody who isn't DC biased. So everybody who's marvel biased which includes you gotcha thumb up

TheTyrant
So everybody who's marvel biased which includes you gotcha thumb up

And everybody else in betweeen that isn't biased.

iceman24567
And everybody else in betweeen that isn't biased. This coming from a troll hilarious laughing

TheTyrant
This coming from a troll hilarious laughing

How am I a troll? A troll is someone like manx or shoku..gi that isn't capable of anything other than 'Orion solos' or 'Superman stomps'.

TheTyrant
He also couldn't reverse Ruin's doings. Even someone like Galactus could have easily reversed Alex/Alexandra's transformations. Originally posted by galactusischere

I don't want this to be overlooked.

iceman24567
How am I a troll? A troll is someone like manx or shoku..gi that isn't capable of anything other than 'Orion solos' or 'Superman stomps'. The question is how are you not trolling. Just about every thread you post in its blah blah wins because i say so. Don't act as if I'm the only person to say you were trolling erm

TheTyrant
The question is how are you not trolling. Just about every thread you post in its blah blah wins because i say so. Don't act as if I'm the only person to say you were trolling erm

Nobody else has.

Omega Vision
You act as if that feat is worthy of being mentioned here. Even a fully backed Spectre isn't as powerful as the Living Tribunal.
How would you know? "Fully Backed" Spectre is a hypothetical being like "infinite strength Hulk" that has never been on panel so for all we know he could be >>>>> LT.

The Fully Backed Spectre would be essentially just God's Hand doing His work, basically like the HOTU was for the TOAA.

iceman24567
How would you know? "Fully Backed" Spectre is a hypothetical being like "infinite strength Hulk" that has never been on panel so for all we know he could be >>>>> LT.

The Fully Backed Spectre would be essentially just God's Hand doing His work, basically like the HOTU was for the TOAA. IMO fully backed Spectre would be at least as powerful as the LT

Omega Vision
Nobody else has.
I've said you were trolling, Galactusischere has said you've trolled, and most importantly: You've said you were trolling:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=529466&pagenumber=8
cool

iceman24567
I've said you were trolling, Galactusischere has said you've trolled, and most importantly: You've said you were trolling:
cool I think I'm falling for you embarrasment

Omega Vision
I think I'm falling for you embarrasment
flirt

TheTyrant

The Fully Backed Spectre would be essentially just God's Hand doing His work, basically like the HOTU was for the TOAA.

no. A being that regularly gets his ass handed to him by skyfathers or aliens doesn't suddenly become as powerful as the LT who feels no threat when people like MJJ or Abraxas arise.

For all we know Fully Powered Galactus could be >>>>>>>> Mxy by that logic.

TheTyrant
cool

That time I was actually trolling.

TheTyrant
quote: (post)

------------------------

JakeTheBank
laughing

Omega Vision
no. A being that regularly gets his ass handed to him by skyfathers or aliens doesn't suddenly become as powerful as the LT who feels no threat when people like MJJ or Abraxas arise.

For all we know Fully Powered Galactus could be >>>>>>>> Mxy by that logic.
Have you ever read a Spectre comic?

He's fought Michael (a being who many people would say is DC's Living Tribunal) and got some good shots in before being subdued and only a tiny portion of his essence was able to physically budge the GEB when the entire host of angels were powerless against said monstrosity.

A fully backed Spectre is essentially a blank check to be cashed by the Presence since the Presence could make the Spectre as strong as He needs the Spectre to be. The only being in Creation more powerful than the theoretical Fully Backed Spectre would be the Presence Himself.

Colossus-Big C

For all we know Fully Powered Galactus could be >>>>>>>> Mxy by that logic. spectre is only as powerful as presence allows him to be, he can be anywhere from high herald to abstract level and far above if presence wants him too

TheTyrant
Have you ever read a Spectre comic?

He's fought Michael (a being who many people would say is DC's Living Tribunal) and got some good shots in before being subdued and only a tiny portion of his essence was able to physically budge the GEB when the entire host of angels were powerless against said monstrosity.

A fully backed Spectre is essentially a blank check to be cashed by the Presence since the Presence could make the Spectre as strong as He needs the Spectre to be. The only being in Creation more powerful than the theoretical Fully Backed Spectre would be the Presence Himself.

No, but I have read JSA comics that featured him.

Michael isn't equal to LT. He is equal to Lucider who in turn is around Mad Jaspers level < based on actual feats not eve that really.
If I were on my Comp, I would have posted the scans of the actual bio of Lucy stating that it was only 1 universe that he created.

Colossus-Big C
didnt lucifer create vertigo?

Omega Vision
No, but I have read JSA comics that featured him.

Michael isn't equal to LT. He is equal to Lucider who in turn is around Mad Jaspers level < based on actual feats not eve that really.
If I were on my Comp, I would have posted the scans of the actual bio of Lucy stating that it was only 1 universe that he created.
You realize the Spectre shown in JSA comics is always at his weakest right?

Read Swamp-Thing and the Spectre's Solo series.

TheTyrant
Anyways I had posted these before on another site. I was lucky and managed to successfuly copy the links.

ONE universe:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5972/scan0043ds2.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2408/scan0042xt1.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/83/scan0039nv1.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5572/scan0038ox1.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5371/scan0048bx8.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2087/scan0045mu4.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5868/scan0046ez2.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2125/scan0047qx4.th.jpg

Galan007
T'was a multiverse:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9821/lucifernirvanap05.th.jpg

And since the comic that scan is from (Lucifer: Nirvana) was released after the main series ended, it's information is more current, thus more canonical, than the info you posted.

Omega Vision
^ The top 4 aren't even written by Neil Gaiman.

iceman24567
LOL at Lucifer only being MJJ level

TheTyrant

------------------------

iceman24567
Why do you keep reposting the same shit?

TheTyrant
Because it has yet to be addressed.

iceman24567
It's obviously because nobody wants to address it and reposting it is basically spamming

Omega Vision
Because it has yet to be addressed.
Neither of those cases are really serious estimates of Mxy's power, they are to Mxy what the table incident was to Apoc.

rotiart
How dare u. Splinters are very painful. The Egyptian was smart to fear the wrath of embedded wood in his skin.

Badabing
Tyrant, stop reposting the same thing. It's not your decision if people want to address what you posted or ignore it.

Now back to the topic.

Prep-Man
T'was a multiverse:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9821/lucifernirvanap05.th.jpg

And since the comic that scan is from (Lucifer: Nirvana) was released after the main series ended, it's information is more current, thus more canonical, than the info you posted.

Who is that in your sig?

Galan007
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Who is that in your sig? Darth Krayt.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Digi
Kinda what I thought too. Wouldn't anything created be a part of the multiverse, and therefore unable to be more durable than itself? It's like a contradiction wrapped in a tautology.
Also that.

I'm curious as to what property of it is its measure of durability.

If that's the case how could the imps defeat him? Or was he not fully backed by the presence? Aren't the Imps far below the presence? Is that shit with destroying and remaking the multiverse every week cannon? How do his much lower feats in DC continuity fit into this?

Also that.

I'm curious as to what property of it is its measure of durability. I think he meant that it was more durable than anything else in the multiverse and after everything else was gone, the barrier would still hold.

This thread is actually pre retcon MM vs wf mxy is that it?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
If that's the case how could the imps defeat him? Or was he not fully backed by the presence? Aren't the Imps far below the presence? Is that shit with destroying and remaking the multiverse every week cannon? How do his much lower feats in DC continuity fit into this?

1. mxy is far more powerful than all the imps combined
2. his non cannon feats are usable here

Tazer
Yo.

There was no omniverse back then. Only a multi-verse and it was made clear than both Beyonder and MM were faaaaar beyond it.

quick question: wats the effective difference between a multi- & an omni- verse??

Tazer

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Obviously he wasn't fully backed.

Obviously he wasn't fully backed.

Then I dont think they're above LT level and by extension MM level even if that feat is bigger than his. I'd say PR MM could destroy and recreate the marvel multiverse as well.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Then I dont think they're above LT level and by extension MM level even if that feat is bigger than his. I'd say PR MM could destroy and recreate the marvel multiverse as well.
WF Mxy destroyed more than one Multiverse. He destroyed ALL Multiverses in multiple DC continuities as well as Elseworlds/Alternate timelines and possibly even the "real world"

quanchi112
wait LT stomps mxy?

when has LT exhibited power to come out of the comics world By this logic She Hulk defeats the Lt.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
By this logic She Hulk defeats the Lt.
She-Hulk defeats the LT by starting a letter writing campaign to discontinue the character. dur

quanchi112
She-Hulk defeats the LT by starting a letter writing campaign to discontinue the character. dur You're so clever.

WF Mxy destroyed more than one Multiverse. He destroyed ALL Multiverses in multiple DC continuities as well as Elseworlds/Alternate timelines and possibly even the "real world"

yeah yeah, that's what I meant. People make too much out of terms like multiverse, megaverse, omniverse, etc. They all mean the same thing and there is no clear universal definition of the possible distinctions between them.

Anyway, PRMM could destroy the LT and therefore destroy all there is in marvel universe, except for PR beyonder.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
yeah yeah, that's what I meant. People make too much out of terms like multiverse, megaverse, omniverse, etc. They all mean the same thing and there is no clear universal definition of the possible distinctions between them.

Anyway, PRMM could destroy the LT and therefore destroy all there is in marvel universe, except for PR beyonder.
I've always considered the term "Megaverse" superfluous. The way I see it there are Universes which make up Multiverses, Multiverses being the sum of all possible variations of a Universe and then there is the Omniverse which is the sum of all Multiverses.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

quick question: wats the effective difference between a multi- & an omni- verse??

Tazer an omiverse contians many different multiverses within it

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753

Anyway, PRMM could destroy the LT and therefore destroy all there is in marvel universe, except for PR beyonder. its not the same thing at all.

a multiverse contains many universes within it
an omniverse contains many different multiverse within it.

think of it as this, dc comics is a multiverse while vertigo is a seperate multiverse that has its own alternate realities and universes
but omniverse means all

its not that hard to understand

its not the same thing at all.

a multiverse contains many universes within it
an omniverse contains many different multiverse within it.

think of it as this, dc comics is a multiverse while vertigo is a seperate multiverse that has its own alternate realities and universes
but omniverse means all

its not that hard to understand

It's all blurred terms with no clear definition, meaning several different universes parallel to each other. These may be alternate versions of each other like the classic alternate future distopia or just completelly different things.

I've always considered the term "Megaverse" superfluous. The way I see it there are Universes which make up Multiverses, Multiverses being the sum of all possible variations of a Universe and then there is the Omniverse which is the sum of all Multiverses.

I think megaverse was used in marvel to mean a cluster of universes or multiverses, whatever, with the same fundamental laws, such as the existence of time and space and things like that.

Multiverse is more often used for the alternate versions of a universe yes, and omniverse would be all the mega/multiverses.

But they're all pretty redundant, poorly defined and interchangeable with no clear cannon on their use. They all express the same basic idea of a population of universes.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
I think megaverse was used in marvel to mean a cluster of universes or multiverses, whatever, with the same fundamental laws, such as the existence of time and space and things like that.

Multiverse is more often used for the alternate versions of a universe yes, and omniverse would be all the mega/multiverses.

But they're all pretty redundant, poorly defined and interchangeable with no clear cannon on their use. They all express the same basic idea of a population of universes. actually there not poorly defined .

an omniverse is far bigger than a multiverse, simple as that.

you destroy a multiverse, there will still be other multiverses existing.
you destroy the omniverse you destroy all.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
It's all blurred terms with no clear definition, meaning several different universes parallel to each other. These may be alternate versions of each other like the classic alternate future distopia or just completelly different things. what?
i just explained to you what it is, did you read it or just replied without even reading??

i know a LOT of people here do that

actually there not poorly defined .

an omniverse is far bigger than a multiverse, simple as that.

you destroy a multiverse, there will still be other multiverses existing.
you destroy the omniverse you destroy all.

what?
i just explained to you what it is, did you read it or just replied without even reading??

i know a LOT of people here do that

That's just your take on it. There is no dictionary definition or universal use of these terms through fictional works. Multiverse can be and is used to mean all the universes in existence depending on the author alone.

Colossus-Big C
here

Colossus-Big C
this might help

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1232546-untitled.jpg

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
That's just your take on it. There is no dictionary definition or universal use of these terms through fictional works. Multiverse can be and is used to mean all the universes in existence depending on the author alone. both marvel and DC go by the definition i told you smile

Tazer
Yo.

so both Marvel & DC have admitted that the other comic universe exists??

I know DC has danced around it somewat, but Im not aware that Marvel has done anything even close to it........

Tazer

both marvel and DC go by the definition i told you smile

No, it depends on the writer and varys from a story to another, often inconsistantly, which is my point.

this might help

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1232546-untitled.jpg

This was retarded beyond words.

Not only is it rubish, seen as there is no fictional 'omniverse' that encompasses all those differently owned fictional 'multiverses', but what would be called the 'marvel omniverse' according to you, is actually called multiverse in that fanmade chart, thus proving my point that it depends only on who is using these inconsistant terms.

Blanket
lol

rotiart
As far as marvel goes I think the handbook does say
universe
multiverse is. Collection of similar universes
megaverse is a collection of multiverses
omniverse being combination of all

as far as dc. I have no idea

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
This was retarded beyond words.

Not only is it rubish, seen as there is no fictional 'omniverse' that encompasses all those differently owned fictional 'multiverses', but what would be called the 'marvel omniverse' according to you, is actually called multiverse in that fanmade chart, thus proving my point that it depends only on who is using these inconsistant terms.
To be fair Marvel's Omniverse isn't a true Omniverse by the strict definition of the word.

At least not in my book it isn't.

To be fair Marvel's Omniverse isn't a true Omniverse by the strict definition of the word.

At least not in my book it isn't.

?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Not sure I got this.
A true Omniverse would be like the one Colossus's pic posited. The sum total of ALL Universes and Dimensions both real and imaginary.

Juntai
http://www.marvunapp.com/list/appalte.htm#Omniverse

* A Universe is a single dimension reality, such as Earth-616, the mainstream Marvel Universe.
Uni - "one"

* The Multiverse is the collection of alternate dimensions with a similar nature and universal hierarchy. Earth-616, pretty much all of the What if? worlds, and the vast bulk of the alternate Earths seen in the MU (which include beings like the Watcher, Eternity, etc) are within the same Multiverse. The myriad realms of Earth-616's Multiverse are overseen by the Living Tribunal. Those realms that lack this hierarchy of power are outside of the Multiverse, but within the larger Omniverse.
Multi - "many"

* The Omniverse is the collection of every single universe, dimension, etc. This includes the real world (right outside of your window--get out of your parent's basements and check it out!!), but it also includes every single universe, realm, etc., every mentioned in any of Marvel Comics, as well as those from DC, Image, Dark Horse, etc. It includes every single literary, television show, movie, urban legend, whatever universe/realm ever. It includes everyone from Popeye to Rocky Balboa to Ronald Reagan to Romeo and Juliet to Luke Skywalker to Snoopy to Jay and Silent Bob, etc.
EVERYTHING is in the Omniverse, and there is only one Omniverse. Period. The End.
Omni - "all"

* The above classification system was devised (at least in part) by Mark Gruenwald. However, it does seem to be missing one element. We have coined the term Megaverse to include realms associated with a particular line of comics, etc., but outside of the Multiverse. This would include such realms as the New Universe, Earth-Shadowline, etc. These realms lack the cosmic beings of the mainstream Multiverse, yet they are still more closely tied to other Marvel Universes than those of other comic lines (such as DC). Thus they are included within the Marvel Megaverse.
Mega - "big" (used to imply a larger grouping than the Multiverse).

batdude123
Originally posted by Juntai
* The Omniverse is the collection of every single universe, dimension, etc. This includes the real world (right outside of your window--get out of your parent's basements and check it out!!), but it also includes every single universe, realm, etc., every mentioned in any of Marvel Comics, as well as those from DC, Image, Dark Horse, etc. It includes every single literary, television show, movie, urban legend, whatever universe/realm ever. It includes everyone from Popeye to Rocky Balboa to Ronald Reagan to Romeo and Juliet to Luke Skywalker to Snoopy to Jay and Silent Bob, etc.
EVERYTHING is in the Omniverse, and there is only one Omniverse. Period. The End.
Omni - "all"

facepalm

Omega Vision
Originally posted by batdude123
facepalm
What's facepalmy about that? I'd say any other definition of an Omniverse would be facepalmy.

Mindset
What's facepalmy about that? I'd say any other definition of an Omniverse would be facepalmy. Not really.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
Not really.
What's your definition of Omniverse then?

batdude123
What's facepalmy about that? I'd say any other definition of an Omniverse would be facepalmy.

The mere fact that Marvel is pretentious enough to think it holds sway over/includes the Omniverse in any of their stories is facepalm-worthy.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>