who is the strongest being/character/person that dr.strange (classic) could defeat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tests
so who is it? With prep and without prep.

psycho gundam
hasn't this been done?

tests
Originally posted by psycho gundam
hasn't this been done?

Has it? I am relatively new on this forum, if you can provide a link to the thread, i would be obliged.

Colossus-Big C
strongest is probably people like thor superman captain marvel loki apocolypse .any subskyfather level above can take him

JakeTheBank
lmao at mentioning "Apocalypse" as one of the strongest people Strange could defeat.

kgkg
Galactus , Eternity , Abstracts in that ball park.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lmao at mentioning "Apocalypse" as one of the strongest people Strange could defeat.

Apocalypse can grow to be 100s of ft tall and flick Strange into orbit. He is a high herald whether you hataz want to believe it or not.

Rage.Of.Olympus
With prep? Definitely beings approaching the Cosmic level.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Apocalypse can grow to be 100s of ft tall and flick Strange into orbit. He is a high herald whether you hataz want to believe it or not.

"High Herald" or not, Classic Strange is beyond anything Apoc can dream of, frankly.

TheTyrant
When did I say otherwise? You were acting as if colossus mentioning Apoc in the same sentence as Superman or Thor is a once in a life time honour for him.

JakeTheBank
When did I say otherwise? You were acting as if colossus mentioning Apoc in the same sentence as Superman or Thor is a once in a life time honour for him.

It is.

TheTyrant
It is.

It is for Thor/Superman/Loki/Captain Marvel. Apocalypse is beyond all the other major villains. They were all fooled by Loki, but NOT Apocalypse. Because that's how he rolls.

Rage.Of.Olympus
HA!

Apocalypse is just walking fail.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
HA!

Apocalypse is just walking fail.

If Apoc is fail then so is Thor. Absorbing Man compared him to Thor and Hulk.

JakeTheBank
Thor, Superman, Loki, and Captain Marvel alike would beat Apoc for the majority. It's an honor for Ol' Blue Lips to mentioned in the same breath as characters who aren't phailtastic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Apoc is fail then so is Thor. Absorbing Man compared him to Thor and Hulk.

Then Absorbing Man has an unusually high opinion of Apocalypse.

That one statement would be like the highlight of an Apocalypse respect thread.

TheTyrant
Harbinger of APocalypse was stated to be even weaker than Apocalypse himself. Yet the Harbinger casually wrecked a decent avengers line-up and could adapt on the spot like Amazo or Super Adaptoid or Fury even.

TheTyrant
Thor, Superman, Loki, and Captain Marvel alike would beat Apoc for the majority. It's an honor for Ol' Blue Lips to mentioned in the same breath as characters who aren't phailtastic.

Ok how about you show me a fightwhere a fully powered Apocalypse actually loses if he is so fail?

xmarksthespot
I don't think you really get the point here.

It's like when someone asks whether a pair of jeans makes them look fat. It's not the jeans. You're just fat.

That is the essence of Apocalypse's fail.

Since we've moved past denial and anger to bargaining, I'd suggest you just skip depression and go straight to acceptance.

TheTyrant
How is Apocalyse full of fail when he has ruled over the earth and been worshipped as god? How is he fail if Cable himself said that Apocalypse destroys the Avengers in the near future?

Apoc is a greeaat character. Definately better than the overrated ones like Superman or Silver Surfer. Thor and Marvel are alright.

psycho gundam
you tell em

xmarksthespot
To be a great character you actually need to have... oh I dunno... some semblance of character at all.

OMG he beat person... OMG he did this feat... does not a character make. Apocalypse is in the strange predicament of not actually having done anything to garner this type of attention and yet still attracting bizarrely fervent followers.

TheTyrant
And how does Superman have character?

JakeTheBank
How is Apocalyse full of fail when he has ruled over the earth and been worshipped as god? How is he fail if Cable himself said that Apocalypse destroys the Avengers in the near future?

Apoc is a greeaat character. Definately better than the overrated ones like Superman or Silver Surfer. Thor and Marvel are alright.

Thor took over earth and was worshipped as a god because he is one and not some deluded mutant who thinks he is. smile

psycho gundam
OYt78FWfa5M

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
To be a great character you actually need to have... oh I dunno... some semblance of character at all.

OMG he beat person... OMG he did this feat... does not a character make. Apocalypse is in the strange predicament of not actually having done anything to garner this type of attention and yet still attracting bizarrely fervent followers. "You shall pay for your hubris, right noooow!!!"

Omega Vision
And how does Superman have character?
For one thing his character inspired superhero comics in their modern form (I'm not talking about newspaper comics) and no Superman would mean no Apocalypse.

TheTyrant
Thor took over earth and was worshipped as a god because he is one and not some deluded mutant who thinks he is. smile

That reality was destroyed when Thor went back in time and warned his younger self to not take over Midgard. As far as we are concerned, that never happened. Like Beyonder ne'er happened because he was retconned.

Omega Vision
That reality was destroyed when Thor went back in time and warned his younger self to not take over Midgard. As far as we are concerned, that never happened. Like Beyonder ne'er happened because he was retconned.
So just like all of Apoc's greatest moments didn't actually happen in mainstream 616? laughing out loud

JakeTheBank

Thor's Reigning >>>> Age of Apocalypse

xmarksthespot
OYt78FWfa5M

"You shall pay for your hubris, right noooow!!!" Lol. I hope that wasn't actually supposed to support Apocalypse being a good character.

JakeTheBank
lol @ Apoc realizing he's destined to lose.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Omega Vision
For one thing his character inspired superhero comics in their modern form (I'm not talking about newspaper comics) and no Superman would mean no Apocalypse.

That's not character. Superman is a crappy character just like Son G..u from dragon....

Sure they did inspire alot of other characters, but they have no depth to them. Apocalypse on the other hand was born as a slave to Ozumandias. He actually worked to get to where he is now unlike Superman who just got his powers.

Apocalypse is the second most famous x-men villain and damn near everyone from Loki to High Evo to Avengers to Fantastic Four know who he is and what he does.

TheTyrant
So just like all of Apoc's greatest moments didn't actually happen in mainstream 616? laughing out loud

He has ruled over earth in 616 too.

JakeTheBank
That's not character. Superman is a crappy character just like Son G..u from dragon....

Sure they did inspire alot of other characters, but they have no depth to them. Apocalypse on the other hand was born as a slave to Ozumandias. He actually worked to get to where he is now unlike Superman who just got his powers.

Apocalypse is the second most famous x-men villain and damn near everyone from the Loki to High Evo to Avengers to Fantastic Four know who he is and what he does.

Superman had to spend a lifetime mastering his powers. erm

He was born with his powers just like a mutant is born with the mutant gene and OH WAIT.

TheTyrant
Superman had to spend a lifetime mastering his powers. erm

He was born with his powers just like a mutant is born with the mutant gene and OH WAIT.

And how is that comparable to what Apoc has been through? He took the time to study the celestial tech provided to him for centuries. He worked for his powers unlike Superman. I mean Superman is pretty much perfect.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Apocalypse is the second most famous x-men villain and damn near everyone from Loki to High Evo to Avengers to Fantastic Four know who he is and what he does.

That's not exactly saying much. Who exactly are the X-men's main villains besides Apocalypse? Magneto, Master Mold, and umm......Sentinels?

Rage.Of.Olympus
He has ruled over earth in 616 too.

When?

xmarksthespot
That's not exactly saying much. Who exactly are the X-men's main villains besides Apocalypse? Magneto, Master Mold, and umm......Sentinels? Being famous and being crap aren't mutually exclusive anyway.

See: Two Girls One Cup or Paris Hilton.

Besides I can name X-Men villains more well-known, like Mystique and the Dark Phoenix.

psycho gundam
lol @ Apoc realizing he's destined to lose. he's self aware of the jobber role

Lol. I hope that wasn't actually supposed to support Apocalypse being a good character. kinda, it shows the superiority complex he has cause he's obsessed with his ideologies, he's not evil cause it's fun, he just shows total disregard for beings he views as chess pieces.

apocalypse is a twisted view on moses imo, instead of the whole god's envoy thing, he took things into his own hands and used his abilities to f up the timeline

JakeTheBank
And how is that comparable to what Apoc has been through? He took the time to study the celestial tech provided to him for centuries. He worked for his powers unlike Superman. I mean Superman is pretty much perfect.

Superman trying to control his powers so he doesn't crush people when he hugs them or shake their hands isn't "working for it?"

And Superman isn't perfect. Anyone who reads Superman, whether they like him or not, knows he's not. He has plenty of flaws and weaknesses.

TheTyrant

Don't forget Sinister or Stryker or Mystique. Plus being second to Magneto is good enough.
Being famous and being crap aren't mutually exclusive anyway.

See: Two Girls One Cup or Paris Hilton.

Besides I can name X-Men villains more well-known, like Mystique and the Dark Phoenix.

mystique is more well know than Apoc because she was featured in the movies. And no Dark Phoenix isn't more famous than Nur.

TheTyrant
When?

Centuries ago in Egypt when he was worshipped as a god.

Superman trying to control his powers so he doesn't crush people when he hugs them or shake their hands isn't "working for it?"

And Superman isn't perfect. Anyone who reads Superman, whether they like him or not, knows he's not. He has plenty of flaws and weaknesses.

And what? That takes years and years I'd practice? I think not.

I have read tons of Superman to confirm that he is perfect. Connor Kent has said it, Supergirl has said it etc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Centuries ago in Egypt when he was worshipped as a god.

Being worshiped by a bunch of primitive people who'd think Angel is a god isn't impressive. And it's also a far cry from ruling over the world which you claimed.

xmarksthespot
The Dark Phoenix Saga is a quintessential classic X-Men arc, from the days of pre-crisis Claremont.
he's self aware of the jobber role

kinda, it shows the superiority complex he has cause he's obsessed with his ideologies, he's not evil cause it's fun, he just shows total disregard for beings he views as chess pieces.

apocalypse is a twisted view on moses imo, instead of the whole god's envoy thing, he took things into his own hands and used his abilities to f up the timeline Notwithstanding that you're basing this on a bunch of relatively poor dialogue from an animated series, that's at best a character concept. Not a stellar one, imo, but so poorly executed and developed that that's a moot point anyway.

psycho gundam
he was also worshiped in china, mexico, babalonia, south america, etc

Notwithstanding that you're basing this on a bunch of relatively poor dialogue from an animated series, that's at best a character concept. Not a stellar one, imo, but so poorly executed and developed that that's a moot point anyway. K

i can't relly make him sound more complex than what is already quite "common knowledge" for those that know apocalypse's character design. he can't win in 616 cause his ideologies clash with soo many characters good and bad. he'd have to either kill most of them (age of apocalypse) or ally with them somehow. he can't have things his way and that's the flaw of his character

JakeTheBank
And what? That takes years and years I'd practice? I think not.

I have read tons of Superman to confirm that he is perfect. Connor Kent has said it, Supergirl has said it etc.

It did take years of practice learning how to live like a normal "human", much less mastering his powers to great effect.

He's not perfect, though. People can think he is, doesn't make it so. And Superman knows he's not perfect. He's made mistakes and has flaws just like everybody else.

Rage.Of.Olympus
he was also worshiped in china, mexico, babalonia, south america, etc

I wasn't talking to you. Stay out of my attempts to have some fun.

xmarksthespot
i can't relly make him sound more complex than what is already quite "common knowledge" for those that know apocalypse's character design. he can't win in 616 cause his ideologies clash with soo many characters good and bad. he'd have to either kill most of them (age of apocalypse) or ally with them somehow. he can't have things his way and that's the flaw of his character See prior comment: It's not the jeans. It's just you.

It has nothing to do with winning or losing or plans succeeding. That isn't the essence of his fail. The cliched origin, conception and motivation, poor design (imo), crap execution, lack of development is what makes for a crap character.

The constant losing is just the factor that makes it confounding that such a poor character manages to garner a following, since usually that only happens to crap characters that do impressive things like SuperEmo Prime or Craptry.

psycho gundam
you can't get blood from a stone (please don't spin that sad )apocalypse is as developed as he's going to get, he's a being that has deemed himself superior than all others (even verging on talking shit about celestials). but him not winning is part of the problem, he won't change his views nor his approach in making them reality.

so his many flaws out of the way; how could you not like the arrogant darwinian stance he has? he was right in the distant past when he stated that "mutants" were the next step, he was proven correct thousands of years later and up till that point he was a self-styled god and tyrant pushing his weight around.

bad...ass

rotiart
Compare a villain like apocalypse to someone like dr doom...

It's like comparing an adult (victor) to en Sabah nur...

He'll even dr dooms name means winner...
And as far as learning/perfecting crazy tech ask reed about that shit
though as a character reed is usually pretty stale..

I prefer strife or genesis to be more intereting villains...

tests
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
strongest is probably people like thor superman captain marvel loki apocolypse .any subskyfather level above can take him

what version of thor and captain marvel are we talking about? And i am pretty sure strange can take these characters without prep. But with prep, its much higher level...

tests
Could strange take out someone like nabu with prep?

TheTyrant
Yes.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by rotiart
Compare a villain like apocalypse to someone like dr doom...

It's like comparing an adult (victor) to en Sabah nur...

He'll even dr dooms name means winner...
And as far as learning/perfecting crazy tech ask reed about that shit
though as a character reed is usually pretty stale..

I prefer strife or genesis to be more intereting villains... well doom actually carries conversations with other characters, apocalypse just ruins their lives. if the dude actually was written into more of the main universe and not just relegated to an x-men special event villain, he'd have a ton more moments to shine.

"as far as learning/perfecting crazy tech ask reed about that shit".

^ reed is great with tech, but if you mean celestial teck is just "crazy tech", you'd be understating it. clossest parallel reed has in terms of using space god level tech is the UN, but he can only use it, not learn how to build one nor understand it's workings faster than apocalypse given the same time with it if they both were clueless about it before hand.

apocalypse could interface with it no expression

Konton
mystique is more well know than Apoc because she was featured in the movies. And no Dark Phoenix isn't more famous than Nur.

Mystique is more famous because her mini is better than anything Apoc has been in.

Dark Phoenix is definitely more famous too.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Konton
Mystique is more famous because her mini is better than anything Apoc has been in.

Dark Phoenix is definitely more famous too.
Yeah Apoc is pretty much the only major X-Villain to not appear in any of the movies.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's because Apocalypse sucks. His like a walking failure machine.

I remember when the Living Monolith was powerful. Then it was revealed Apocalypse created it and it was downhill from there. smile

Don't we have any Apocalypse fans on this board? It's no fun ragging on him if no one gets upset about it.

TheTyrant
Instead Apoc has been the final villain in all of the X-Men-SF games(minus 1 or 2)

psycho gundam
Yeah Apoc is pretty much the only major X-Villain to not appear in any of the movies. cameron hodge (might have been a cameo iirc), sinister, n'garai/brood/phalanx (not major, but appear many times), legion, master mold, shadowking, etc

almost tempted to say sabretooth cause he was robbed of all of his personality and character.

rotiart
@ psychogundam... Actually now that I think about it... It may have been the high evolutionary and not reed that was working on the celestial tech.... I'll have to look it back up...

galactusischere
This thread just felt the wrath of Apocalypse.

galactusischere
Also, I would like to say that Superman is definately perfect and damn near flawless. I remember reading a story where a freak accident caused the evil sides of Batman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Hawkman to come out. But the funny thing is that Superman was included in that group while the accident took place, but nothing happened to him because he had no evil side. It was literally stated that Superman has no evil side to him.

How is that not perfect?

As for the thread, I would say someone like Tyrant without prep and someone like Eternity with prep.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by galactusischere
Also, I would like to say that Superman is definately perfect and damn near flawless. I remember reading a story where a freak accident caused the evil sides of Batman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Hawkman to come out. But the funny thing is that Superman was included in that group while the accident took place, but nothing happened to him because he had no evil side. It was literally stated that Superman has no evil side to him.

How is that not perfect?

Superman's also been mind controlled/bloodlusted against his peers before. If he was perfect, his mind wouldn't be able to be taken over. He's also admitted his own flaws such as perhaps doing too much for people at times, inadvertantly feeding their whole messiah like complex for how they look at him. He's even admitted when he has looked down or flat out underestimated people less powerful than him.

He might be a genuinely good person, perhaps the best of the brightest in the DC, but he's not perfect. Not even Pre-Crisis Superman was perfect.

psycho gundam

How is that not perfect? when did this happen?

sounds lame

tests

How is that not perfect?

As for the thread, I would say someone like Tyrant without prep and someone like Eternity with prep.

what version of tyrant?

tests
guys, can we get back on track with the thread? smile

shokosugi
Galactus

tests
Originally posted by shokosugi
Galactus

is it fully fed galactus? hungry galactus? 60 percent?

chomperx9
thanos

galactusischere
Originally posted by tests
what version of tyrant?

Depowered.

galactusischere
when did this happen?

sounds lame

I don't remember the exact issue, but the book that included the story(the one that I read) was a collection of Black Canary and Green Arrow comics.

And yes it was lame.

How is that not perfect?

pfft superman is a dick

tests
could strange take out larfleeze with prep

galactusischere
could strange take out larfleeze with prep

Hell yea! He could take out Eternity with prep.

rotiart
The only problem is dr strange with prep taking out abstracts Is that he has the backing of another abstract behind him...

Like taking on beyonder but given powers by order and chaos
calling upon eternity
god knows what else

Juntai
who is the strongest being/character/person that dr.strange (classic) could defeat?

Hulk.
He's the strongest one there is.

tests
Originally posted by Juntai

Hulk.

haha, clever. Who is the most POWERFUL character that he could defeat

Lord Feron
haha, clever. Who is the most POWERFUL character that he could defeat

He-Man
"I HAVE THE POWER!!!"

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Juntai

Hulk.
Wolverine.

Cuz he's the best there is. durverine

Warlord
The most powerful opponent Strange with prep can beat is Batman with prep!

tests
Wolverine.

Cuz he's the best there is. durverine

Wolverine would smash strange!

rotiart
Batman with prep is as powerful as squirrel girl without her nutsack...

tests
could strange take out parallax(in its strongest form)?

JakeTheBank
could strange take out parallax(in its strongest form)?

Zero Hour Parallax?

I suppose it's possible before Hal erases him from the timeline.

TheTyrant
If Strange defeated Gorath inside of his realm with prep, what makes you think Parallax would fare any better?

tests
If Strange defeated Gorath inside of his realm with prep, what makes you think Parallax would fare any better?

heh, yeah. i wonder if strange could deus ex machina and steal paralaxxes/hal's powers similar to what he did to that infinite being in goraths realm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.