Gorilla Grodd vs Psylocke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

AsbestosFlaygon
Tough match..

Psylocke's TP seems to have improved over the years, something I can't say about Grodd.

HTH, Grodd pounds Psylocke into a fine paste.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Tough match..

Psylocke's TP seems to have improved over the years, something I can't say about Grodd.

HTH, Grodd pounds Psylocke into a fine paste.

LOL Grodd beating psylocke h2h, def not happening. Psi blade to the skull is gonna put Grodd down for the count.

Even not, She can simply beat him down the old fashion way.

On the mental front I doubt Grodd would be able to affect psylocke at all.

Prep-Man
Grodd is pretty durable. Plus, he's pretty quick. Probably a lot quicker than Psylocke without going TK crazy.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Grodd is pretty durable. Plus, he's pretty quick. Probably a lot quicker than Psylocke without going TK crazy.

Durability don't mean jack with psiblades frying your brain.

Idk about the quick. Grodd is fast and gorilla strong but Psylocke tk kind of negate any physical advantage Grodd may or may not have. I mean Grodd's stats are not so great that Psylocke cannot match them.

Idk man I just don't see Grodd beating down psylocke for the majority.

Prep-Man
I thought physically when you said old fashioned way. Martial arts. She won't be knocking him down that way. Grodd has caught the Flash before and knocked him down. Some with prep and some without. So, Psylocke won't be faster than Grodd on average.

celeyhyga17
doesnt GG have superhuman str and reflexes?

Lord_Talron
hes conditioned his body and mind as well as any other super gorilla if not better

Omega Vision
Grodd probably.

guy222
Betsy

celeyhyga17
I go Grodd.

Juntai
Grodd.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
hes conditioned his body and mind as well as any other super gorilla if not better

Strength wise, I'd guess he's at least class 25, and quite tough.

Diana's albino gorillas are stronger, but Grodd's quite physically powerful.

Mindset
Psylocke

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Lord Feron
LOL Grodd beating psylocke h2h, def not happening. Psi blade to the skull is gonna put Grodd down for the count.

Even not, She can simply beat him down the old fashion way.
So Psylocke's class 25+ now?

WTFBBQ

Lord Feron
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
So Psylocke's class 25+ now?

WTFBBQ

She is highly skilled and she can use her tk to even the playing field. See what psylocke did to rogue.

vansonbee
In fighting match, I give Psylocke the edge, but I dunno about telepathic assaults are superior...

ExodusCloak
I'm surprised with this thread. A year or two ago you would have had people saying Grodd could give Xavier fits telepathically. Plus Psylocke's telepathy at the moment is weaker then what it was.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I'm surprised with this thread. A year or two ago you would have had people saying Grodd could give Xavier fits telepathically. Plus Psylocke's telepathy at the moment is weaker then what it was.

Grodd is strong mentally but I don't think it is enough for him to use it as a exploitable weakness since she has some telepathic resistance.

Mindset
I'm surprised with this thread. A year or two ago you would have had people saying Grodd could give Xavier fits telepathically. Those people would be wrong.

And stupid.

And I hate them.

Konton
Grodd.

the Darkone
Betsy She can amp her strength to class 100 with telekentic, which she ahs down before when she was resuurected. Psylocke for the well majority.

Prep-Man
So, which cats has she taken on with class 100? If Grodd wanted to. he can amp himself as well.

Mshinu
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2008/05/monkeys052008.jpg

Prep-Man
So...what are the most powerful beings Psylocke has taken down? Anyone?

Konton
uh Sabertooth? lol

Wild Shadow
grodd telepathy isnt even an issue betsy is suppose to have TP immunity thx to her psycho brother who altered after resurrecting her..

Prep-Man
Grodd has a lot more than TP, though.

Wild Shadow
no he doesnt.. no expression betsy has locked up the shadow king in her mind and her psi immunity is a product of reality warping.. its good enough to keep Rachael's TP from even cleaning any thing from her mind.. think of psylocke as simply being an empty void when it comes to ppl trying to read or scan her there is nothing there to latch on to.

Prep-Man
I'm not just talking about TP abilities. sad

Wild Shadow
by the way betsy's tk is enough to shatter mountains grodd is not winning this period.. ppl making snide remarks trying to gaff off her TK strength is a joke.. she has held together a space shuttle re entering the earth atmosphere keep a collapsing building from crushing her and her team..

she also used her TK to amp herself and fight Rogue with her 50 ton strength parrying and even knocking her on her @$$.. grodd would be dead if he tried to engage her in h2h...

this is a onesided fight period

Prep-Man
Grodd has TK as well, even to the point of transmuting matter. It's not one-sided.

Wild Shadow
pretty sure her immunity extends to transmutation as well.... her brother tighten the strings of reality all around her
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/448/psyimmune2mb0.jpg

like i said grodd is not winning this... also she has used her TK to also break down and manipulate matter..

Prep-Man
Good scan, Grodd doesn't need TK, though. He's destroyed a good portion of Keystone city and can knock over buildings. Bettsy can be knocked out.

Wild Shadow
her TK has bn used to stop a city leveling alien ship blast... no expression

are you done reaching?

Prep-Man
What good is that going to do when Grodd gets a hold of her and snaps her neck? Holding his own with the likes of Flash and the JLA at times. And you want to compare Bettsy holding her own against little old rogue?

If she's gone up against top tiers like Thor or even WM, than i'd change my stance, but Grodd at his best can take blows from the Flash. And not feel a thing.

Wild Shadow
that b/c flash is hampered by his CIs.... no expression

holding back his full speed and even his lvl of punching power...
wacko

how is he going to snap her neck when she has a TK shield?

how is grodd going to survive when he doesnt have a healing factor like Sabretooth or Wolverine, wolverine who has adamantium enhancement,..

tell me how is grodd going to do anything when he has his brain disrupted by a psi blade or gets his head or arms cut off by her katanas?

this fight is still onesided..

Prep-Man
Grodd has healing. Flash has actually busted up his jaw and had to go all out to finally put him down. Grodd still stood and kept on coming.

Wild Shadow
erm facepalm2

that is not a healing factor that is just a high pain threshold...

also flash wasnt running at ftl speed he was hurt and exhausted but he did do a running punch.. his punch was amplified but grodd is not taking an imp punch again CIs/pis is the answer..

Prep-Man
Grodd has displayed healing in the past. Not on Logan's level, but he's shown it. And Flash (not at FTL) is still a whole lot faster than Psylocke, so I don't know where your going here.

Give me some examples of top tier fights, since she has class 100 TK.

Wild Shadow
why? grodd isnt a top tier 100 class anyways for it to matter he is a low very low end brick.. like someone said about 25 tons.. which i think is about right and extremely generous...

grodd is not nearly as fast as flash and i am trying to be polite to you but this is just getting asinine..

do you know how many ppl have hit or grabbed flash? not even including a random person who gets luck who is just canon fodder like a mugger bank robber etc etc.. the human lvl rogue gallery.. dick grayson.. like i said cis and pis answers your question..

Prep-Man
He's shown to be class 75 at his height. That's a big difference.

Wild Shadow
care to provide the example of what he did to suggest such a strength lvl?

not that it would matter to a TK katana that would slice him like butter anyways

Prep-Man
How would it slice him, if he has the power to dodge it?

Wild Shadow
i'm done.. good byefacepalm2

Prep-Man
Good bye. Thanks for playing.

Wild Shadow
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6754/1072047-x_men___legacy__231_012_copia_2.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6754/1072046-x_men___legacy__231_012_copia.jpg

just posting scans i am not responding to anyone..

iceman24567
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6754/1072047-x_men___legacy__231_012_copia_2.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6754/1072046-x_men___legacy__231_012_copia.jpg

just posting scans i am not responding to anyone.. lies!

JakeTheBank
Psylocke.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Psylocke. was it my argument that convinced you?

TK shuff
http://www.comicvine.com/psylocke/29-3176/all-images/108-202723/psylocke555/105-1094291/
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29010/1017616-psylocke.jpg
TK blast
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9859/psytkswordmn4.jpg

reflex/agility
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38741/1031440-psi.png

enhancing her speed to ms. marvel lvl speed
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5430/psyspar2xn7.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
was it my argument that convinced you?

Nah, more like common sense, but your arguments were good. thumb up

I just don't see what Grodd can do to score a win over her.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Nah, more like common sense, but your arguments were good. thumb up

I just don't see what Grodd can do to score a win over her.

he has flash lvl reaction... xavier lvl TP and TK transmutation tk lvling blast... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prep-Man
Good thing Colossus isn't Grodd. Grodd can negate psylocke's TK with his own.

jinzin
Just chiming in, Rogue isn't a class 50. She could press 65 tons easily over her head when she first recieved her powers. She got stronger since. Rogue is far more likely a 75-100 ton lifter in the last decade.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by jinzin
Just chiming in, Rogue isn't a class 50. She could press 65 tons easily over her head when she first recieved her powers. She got stronger since. Rogue is far more likely a 75-100 ton lifter in the last decade.

How did she get an upgrade?

jinzin
How did she get an upgrade? She's had several upgrades in her powers, I'm not really clear on them I think most were from accidental power absorbtion or fluxes like when her powers when awry.

ExodusCloak
Can we at least get Psylockes powers right.

She's not immune to telepathy anymore, she's not immune to reality warping anymore and her once mountain shattering TK is weakened so now she has moderate TK/low level TK (weaker then Hellion anyway, he can fly she can't) and low level telepathy. But she does have to psi blades.

Prep-Man
Can we at least get Psylockes powers right.

She's not immune to telepathy anymore, she's not immune to reality warping anymore and her once mountain shattering TK is weakened so now she has moderate TK/low level TK (weaker then Hellion anyway, he can fly she can't) and low level telepathy. But she does have to psi blades.

Did she perform any amazing feats in her last series? I saw her fight some ninjas, I think.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by iceman24567
lies!

hmm... impressive.

ExodusCloak
Did she perform any amazing feats in her last series? I saw her fight some ninjas, I think.

Not really amazing, she shielded herself from an explosion. Nudged a few minds, switched one guy off...that's about it. Mostly fighting Hand to Hand. She was able to fastball special X-23 but was not able to divert the course of a missle with her TK.

I know her TK is weaker then Hellions because of the latest Second Coming issue, where she needs to be carried by Angel while everyone else (Hellion included) flies.

Her telepathy was stated to be weaker then what it was. She can suggest stuff and control few people at a time now.

Stoic
He's shown to be class 75 at his height. That's a big difference.

A class 75 would be more of a threat to Aquaman than he was. He's stronger than Betsy, but not Cl 75 stronger.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Stoic
A class 75 would be more of a threat to Aquaman than he was. He's stronger than Betsy, but not Cl 75 stronger.

He's been manhandling Flash lately. He's considerably stronger.

Stoic
Because of Perpetua, which is more recent right? I haven't been keeping up with Flash. Never been crazy about his older rogue roster, but I like him in team books. So how strong is Grodd these days?

Senor Cage
Because of Perpetua, which is more recent right? I haven't been keeping up with Flash. Never been crazy about his older rogue roster, but I like him in team books. So how strong is Grodd these days?

No, in Flash's own book, not the whole Still Force thingy. He's been a beast lately, literally. lol He was basically fighting off some of the Flash family by himself.

Stoic
Betsy is a far better tactical, and technical fighter than those Speedsters. Unless you're saying that Grodd can move at speeds greater than Superman? Listen, I have a feeling that Grodd will have another run-in with Arthur, and I still can't imagine him not getting his shit pushed in once again. Betsy has her ways. She gets my vote.

Senor Cage
Betsy is a far better tactical, and technical fighter than those Speedsters. Unless you're saying that Grodd can move at speeds greater than Superman? Listen, I have a feeling that Grodd will have another run-in with Arthur, and I still can't imagine him not getting his shit pushed in once again. Betsy has her ways. She gets my vote.

Being a better fighter only gets you so far. Grodd has the better feats in pretty much any department.

StiltmanFTW
Like what, getting his teeth knocked out by Nightwing...?

Senor Cage
Current Grodd is a lot stronger, more durable. Plus, he didnt really lose there.

StiltmanFTW
He's a goddamn ape.

Betsy kills him it.

Senor Cage
A genius ape, who would kill her with a thought.

StiltmanFTW
Not with Betsy's tp resistance and superior psionics in general.

deathslash
I'm gonna give this to Psylocke. A decade a go it would've been a serious fight, but she's continued to get more and more impressive while Grodd (like most villains) has only continued to stagnate.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Not with Betsy's tp resistance and superior psionics in general.

Grodd was able to affect Superman(temp) who probably has stronger psi resistance. Also, other kryptonians like supergirl.

Psi blade is betsy's only hope, imo.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by deathslash
I'm gonna give this to Psylocke. A decade a go it would've been a serious fight, but she's continued to get more and more impressive while Grodd (like most villains) has only continued to stagnate.

Grodd has almost every advantage, both physically and probably mentally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.