GOW 3 vs. Twilight Princess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
This is one army versus one army here. Every character and weapon both good and evil are teamed up from each game to do battle against the other. Of course you don't need plot device weapons to kill your opponent on either side.

What tactics do you feel need to be employed for th winning side.

Which side prevails?

LLLLLink
edit

quanchi112
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Hasn't this been done before? I am brand spanking new on this part of the forum. If it is can you link me, lllllllink?

LLLLLink
Nope, I'm thinking of Azeroth. Please continue.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Nope, I'm thinking of Azeroth. Please continue. Ok, I am guessing you are siding with Hyrule since your name is link and all. How do you think they prevail here?

BloodRain
Everyone from GoW3? Hyrule has Link, Midna, Zelda, all the bosses and most of the sub-bosses and gorons as main threats, GoW3 has Kratos, the 7-8 Titans, 6 gods, (with Herc) and monsters like Cerberus, Cyclops', Talos', Scorpion and Leviathan's as theirs. The Hyrule army wouldn't be able to even the odds.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BloodRain
Everyone from GoW3? Hyrule has Link, Midna, Zelda, all the bosses and most of the sub-bosses and gorons as main threats, GoW3 has Kratos, the 7-8 Titans, 6 gods, (with Herc) and monsters like Cerberus, Cyclops', Talos', Scorpion and Leviathan's as theirs. The Hyrule army wouldn't be able to even the odds. Don't forget though the shadow beasts can continually respawn. Imagine the shrieking and them coming back in huge groups.

I say for the sake of fairness I only include two Titans, Gaea and Cronos.

CosmicComet
Cronos tosses a mountain on the Twilight Princess army.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Cronos tosses a mountain on the Twilight Princess army. Ganondorf destroys the mountain. I don't think Cronos can come close to soloing this army.

BloodRain
May want to limit the gods while you're at it. Link, Midna and Ganon are the top for their side, two gods and Kratos would match that.

Those Twilight creatures are taken on by any random enemy Kratos fight. Lesser foes.

Phanteros
Not allow read the rules. Plus the titans and gods didn't orginate in a game.

Peach
Originally posted by Phanteros
Not allow read the rules. Plus the titans and gods didn't orginate in a game.

It is, in fact, not against the rules, so perhaps you should read them before telling others to do so. He specifically states they're fighting as army, so it's legal.

The only thing that isn't allowed is the gods/titans from GoW as they don't originate in games.

BloodRain
So many interesting matches could be made with them too :/

Is it just Kratos and lesser enemies for the GoW side then?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Peach
It is, in fact, not against the rules, so perhaps you should read them before telling others to do so. He specifically states they're fighting as army, so it's legal.

The only thing that isn't allowed is the gods/titans from GoW as they don't originate in games.
So many interesting matches could be made with them too :/

Is it just Kratos and lesser enemies for the GoW side then?

A lot of stuff in the GoW games didn't originate in the games, much like the Gods and Titans. You might have to include these:
We have the Chimeras, Centaurs, Gorgons, Cyclopes, Minotaurs, Harpies, Satyrs, Cerberii, Sirens & the Talos.

If so, it's pretty much Kratos, Legionnaires, Wraiths, Olympus Fiends, Dogs, Skorpius, and maybe the Leviathans on the GoW3 side.

quanchi112
May want to limit the gods while you're at it. Link, Midna and Ganon are the top for their side, two gods and Kratos would match that.

Those Twilight creatures are taken on by any random enemy Kratos fight. Lesser foes. I myself do see the gow side winning this so maybe the problem is gow universe is just too formidable for this zelda game. GOW3 did bring out various badasses with Kratos killing them all in the end, pretty much.

Not allow read the rules. Plus the titans and gods didn't orginate in a game. I did read the rules and in particular the army clause. I am new and will make a mistake here or there in this thread but I'll catch on and please try not to come off as so rude next time.

The only thing that isn't allowed is the gods/titans from GoW as they don't originate in games. Ah, I overlooked this. So since it's based on mythology these characters are not allowed? When I read the rule I thought it meant they could be used at they did originate in this particular video game. It's this game's version of Zeus, etc.

Does this mean I can't use any Dante's Inferno threads since they are all based on Dante's Inferno?

MooCowofJustice
Gorons out of the sky cannons. I love the idea so much.

Sin_Volvagia
Kratos uses the power of Hope and destroys all of Hyrule.

BloodRain
Sky cannons are useless in this fight.

Phanteros
Originally posted by quanchi112
I myself do see the gow side winning this so maybe the problem is gow universe is just too formidable for this zelda game. GOW3 did bring out various badasses with Kratos killing them all in the end, pretty much.

I did read the rules and in particular the army clause. I am new and will make a mistake here or there in this thread but I'll catch on and please try not to come off as so rude next time.

Ah, I overlooked this. So since it's based on mythology these characters are not allowed? When I read the rule I thought it meant they could be used at they did originate in this particular video game. It's this game's version of Zeus, etc.

Does this mean I can't use any Dante's Inferno threads since they are all based on Dante's Inferno? How did I came off rude?

MooCowofJustice
Sky cannons are never useless.

link-rape

So if all the gods and titans aren't allowed in this thread, what else does GOW have to fight Hyrule?

BloodRain
Hope big grin

These; Legionnaires, Wraiths, Olympus Fiends, Dogs, Skorpius, the Leviathans. And most likely these; Chimeras, Centaurs, Gorgons, Cyclopes, Minotaurs, Harpies, Satyrs, Cerberii, Sirens & the Talos.

Very useless in this fight.

MooCowofJustice
Is that really the plural of cyclops? And Cerberus?

BloodRain
I just copied part of DP's post.

GoW side isnt looking as impressive with all the subs backing him up.

MooCowofJustice
Gorons are quite manly. I think it's basically Link, Zelda, Midna and Ganondorf vs Kratos and maybe a few of those creatures.

Was it said if Midna has all Four Fused shadows? If it does, then some of the TP bosses are powerless, unless said otherwise.

BloodRain
I'd assume she does.

Hmm, it was spite against Hyrule a moment ago, now the its been flipped.

quanchi112
How did I came off rude? That's how I took it anyways.Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Sky cannons are never useless.

link-rape

So if all the gods and titans aren't allowed in this thread, what else does GOW have to fight Hyrule? It's basically too onesided if you take away all the gods and titans. It's basically Kratos and some scrubs vs. the entire world of hyrule. Ok, I think I have another army idea here since this one isn't flying.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Kratos uses the power of Hope and destroys all of Hyrule. thumb up

Peach
Ah, I overlooked this. So since it's based on mythology these characters are not allowed? When I read the rule I thought it meant they could be used at they did originate in this particular video game. It's this game's version of Zeus, etc.

Does this mean I can't use any Dante's Inferno threads since they are all based on Dante's Inferno?

It's the main rule of the forum, a difficult one to overlook. It means that all characters must originate in a game. The GoW gods/titans/mythological beings are not considered different enough from the ones from the actual myths to count as different characters.

Dante from Dante's Inferno has almost nothing to do with the original character (same with...most of the game), so he gets by on technicality.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Is that really the plural of cyclops? And Cerberus?

Cyclops - Yes, at least as far as I know.

Cerberus - No idea, just typed it like that at that time. I don't think Cerberus has a Plural word in the first place, considering only one Cerberus is present in Greek Mythology.

Hope big grin

These; Legionnaires, Wraiths, Olympus Fiends, Dogs, Skorpius, the Leviathans. And most likely these; Chimeras, Centaurs, Gorgons, Cyclopes, Minotaurs, Harpies, Satyrs, Cerberii, Sirens & the Talos.

Very useless in this fight.

I thought Plot device weapons weren't allowed? Or did I misread the OP?

Leviathans are the only major-useful enemy out of the ones I've listed. There are at least 5 or 6, and each one is strong enough to wound Gaia.

Skorpius could spawn hordes of Skorpius Spawn, which won't be of much use, but could still be of some use against the lesser foes.
Gorgons can stone fools instantly.
Kratos can ride on the Cyclopes/Cerberii 313
Satyrs are very skilled warriors. They don't compare to the likes of Link or Kratos, but they're still very skilled.
Sirens could attack undetected, unless their whole 'invisibility' thing is non-canon.

Centaurs are useless outside of commanding Legionnaires.
Hounds are useless. Exploding Hounds on the other hand are of some use, but there will need to be a Hades Cerberus Breeder on the field.
Olympus Fiends are useless, except when they try to do their 'Kamikaze' explosion.
Wraiths could burrow themselves right into the heart of the enemy's area, but chances are that they will spot the Wraiths digging through the ground.

quanchi112
It's the main rule of the forum, a difficult one to overlook. It means that all characters must originate in a game. The GoW gods/titans/mythological beings are not considered different enough from the ones from the actual myths to count as different characters.

Dante from Dante's Inferno has almost nothing to do with the original character (same with...most of the game), so he gets by on technicality. Yeah, I know I read em quickly.

Is this rule ironclad or could we make a few exceptions?

If you're too moody to say yes then come back and answer when you're in a better mood.

Ok, dante's counts so does Lucifer as well count as a technicality?

Sin_Volvagia
Yeah, I know I read em quickly.

If you're too moody to say yes then come back and answer when you're in a better mood.

I remember a Lucifer thread getting locked sad

Peach
Yeah, I know I read em quickly.

The rule is ironclad. I do not make exceptions on any of the rules because then people will try and use that one exception as an excuse to break the rules.

Lucifer is not allowed.

quanchi112
The rule is ironclad. I do not make exceptions on any of the rules because then people will try and use that one exception as an excuse to break the rules.

Lucifer is not allowed. Ok.

NemeBro

Dante from Dante's Inferno has almost nothing to do with the original character (same with...most of the game), so he gets by on technicality. And yet one of the reasons you apparently hate GoW is that you think it diverts too far from mythology. no expression

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
And yet one of the reasons you apparently hate GoW is that you think it diverts too far from mythology. no expression All of the games pretty much do as they are video games in the end and Zeus wasn't infected with fear or any of what happened in gow as in mythology.

How can anyone hate gow?

MooCowofJustice
Same reason anyone can hate any game.

NemeBro
How would Link and friends stop Cronos from falling on them? 131

quanchi112
Same reason anyone can hate any game. I know it's all subjective but man the game is so unbelievable awesome I just can't even fathom it. One thing that turns me off from zelda games is it's kiddie approach.

NemeBro
I know it's all subjective but man the game is so unbelievable awesome I just can't even fathom it. One thing that turns me off from zelda games is it's kiddie approach. Quan, shit like this will not let you go far here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Quan, shit like this will not let you go far here. Why not? I am just giving my personal opinion. I still love zelda but tend to favor the more adult games now. You are free to disagree.

MooCowofJustice
Play OoT and MM. You need to.

quanchi112
Play OoT and MM. You need to. I downloaded oot. That's next on the docket.

When I do play it we will sure as hell debate the hell out of it.

BloodRain
Hyrule takes it as GoW has been stripped of the gods and the titans. Not saying they wont put up a fight, but the match is set due to the handicap.

Sin_Volvagia
Hyrule takes it as GoW has been stripped of the gods and the titans. Not saying they wont put up a fight, but the match is set due to the handicap.

Kratos has HOPE!!!!

mad mad mad mad mad mad

quanchi112
Hyrule takes it as GoW has been stripped of the gods and the titans. Not saying they wont put up a fight, but the match is set due to the handicap. It's completely unfair here. If he had a few bosses he could make a go of it.

BloodRain
Is a chance Gaia is here is the mods agree with what NemesisX said. Sadly saying that last line is giving me the impression of 'no'..

Demonic Phoenix
She could be allowed. She's not a titan in the original myth.

Burning thought
How are they beating Kratos? some sort of sorcery?

BloodRain
Its Kratos and only the lesser enemies in his game vs everyone in TP. Take away the lessers from both sides and the mains become Kratos vs Link, Zelda, Midna and Ganon or something like that, cant beat those 4 together. (Links sword, Zeldas magic and two TKers etc)

Burning thought
Tkers could be a problem but hows Link going to pierce Kratos? hes not got the strength, Kratos can take the weight of a whole titan slapping down on him. Link cant compare nor can the PSI of his sword edge I would wager.

BloodRain
Battle animations of a Centaur is it piercing Kratos to throw him behind,(If you don't press 'o' in time.) and they don't look that physically strong.

Burning thought
Well, that may be. Must be a gameplay mechanic or something because an actual cinematic event such as Titans hand stopping should leave his skin almost impervious to a centaur.

Then again, Link does not look strong and Kratos as muscular as he is does not "look" large or strong enough to hold up a titans hand. Maybe the centaur is stronger than he looks, being mythical creature and all.

BloodRain
Stopping the hand was blunt force countered by Kratos' strength, getting stabbed doesnt need to count his strength resisting and the whole easier to do damage with a blade point/edge.

No way to say but its doubtful.

CosmicComet
Battle animations of a Centaur is it piercing Kratos to throw him behind,(If you don't press 'o' in time.) and they don't look that physically strong.

*facepalm*

God damn it. Once more so you can understand something this basic. It's a ****ing enemy attack, a non-optional, non-cutscene, non-canon, completely gameplay depedent, enemy attack. And you only get stabbed if you FAIL to counter it in time in the first place.

It's the same as saying 7 or so zombie enemies are strong enough to weigh down Kratos in a dogpile for a few moments. laughing

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1213/saved5.png
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7677/saved2.png
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2691/saved8.png
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/203/saved9.png
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4020/saved10.png
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/354/saved11.png

Link can't hurt Kratos with the Master Sword, at least not by way of PSI anyway. Perhaps its magical enchantment will allow damage, but not on pure cutting ability.

BloodRain
This is the same as the DLink jumping on your sword feat. It only happens if you do that attack so it doesn't have to happen, but its still counted as a feat 'cause its a set animation.

Cant make out what that first one is. Why would the Scorpion's pincers be sword-sharp? And grabbing the crab leg means? (just watched that scene again) Holding the sword somehow shows he's got some crazy hand durability but he's be stabbed through the body by the same sword by the same person so... palm feat.

Demonic Phoenix
Say he does get stabbed in canon by this centaur. All that happens is that he's face-first on the floor, with no wound or no damage done to him (barring the health bar which is mostly a gameplay element, outside of 2 events in the series).
Insta-regeneration!!!!!!!!

He's stopped things with a lot more PSI than a simple Centaur's spear, like Atropos' claws (she's strong enough to immobilize him in her grasp BTW).
And no, that Atropos feat wasn't a "palm feat."

That's a giant Scorpion. no expression A Scorpion in the real world is capable of grasping a fish or a lizard with its pincers, and even crushing it. Do you know how much PSI Skorpius is dishing out when it grabs something? I cannot give the actual figure, but it's definitely a lot. Especially when you consider the fact that Skorpius is at least 10 times larger than an average Scorpion.

CosmicComet
It is not the same as the Dark Link feat. That's a feat for a boss that isn't really optional either as it will happen inevitably as you continue to attack him.

A regular enemy being able to damage you in gameplay is a ****ing gameplay mechanic. Again, its the same as claiming a half a dozen or so zombie enemies are strong enough and heavy enough to weigh down Kratos for a few seconds, when by feats, we know that's not the case. Gameplay nothing more. Especially since by gameplay you have the option of completely thwarting the QTE, before the damage takes place.

1. First one, Atropos grabs Kratos with her sword like nails and drags him backward. Durability feat.

2. The leviathan hit him dead on in the torso at the same moment he grabbed it. He didn't stop the impact as the impact knocked him to his knees, and he didn't even grab the point either, he grabbed a couple of feet passed it. The leviathan creatures are strong enough to catch a punch from Gaia and stop it clean. Kratos getting hit by the point of one of its legs is a massive durability feat thus.

3. 'palm feat'. lmao. Because apparently his chest wouldn't be able to tank something that his palms easily could right? He got pierced, being pierced is different than being slashed, the former is obviously much more volatile. Also when he did stab himself he charged it up first, and then he had to plunge it even deeper a second time as it didn't go in deep enough with the first stab. That too, is a durability feat.

4. Being caught and squeezed near the fulcrum of two edges sliding past each other (giant scissors basically) like the scorpion's claws are designed , is a massive cutting durability feat. Scissor edges aren't necessarily sharp, but they cut well regardless.

You have some complex with thinking PSI on a sword is somehow unconquerable. Sword wielding would NOT produce more PSI than a mountain + level strength attack such as Cronos' palm smash.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Say he does get stabbed in canon by this centaur. All that happens is that he's face-first on the floor, with no wound or no damage done to him (barring the health bar which is mostly a gameplay element, outside of 2 events in the series).

He's stopped things with a lot more PSI than a simple Centaur's spear, like Atropos' claws (she's strong enough to immobilize him in her grasp BTW).

That's a giant Scorpion. no expression A Scorpion in the real world is capable of grasping a fish or a lizard with its pincers, and even crushing it. Do you know how much PSI Skorpius is dishing out when it grabs something? I cannot give the actual figure, but it's definitely a lot. Especially when you consider the fact that Skorpius is at least 10 times larger than an average Scorpion.

10 times is a massive, massive, massive, massive, understatement dude. stick out tongue

If you take a 3 inch scorpion, and then find a 6 inch scorpion of equal proportions, the larger scorpion is dimensionally obviously twice as large, but weight wise it would be 8 times as heavy.

BloodRain
Originally posted by CosmicComet

No that fight can be done without him flipping on the sword.

Damage is one thing, set animation is another. If a child throws a stone at Kratos and he takes damage, that's just a gameplay mechanic. The centaur after a failed QTE impales, drags and flicks him away. Its not the same as basic attacks. Btw the pile up doesn't mean Kratos is weaker, just that for that second he was overwhelm but obviously it wasn't enough.

1. Said below (v wrote before) that its still under the centaurs stab in terms of force.
2. 1. The legs arnt sharp and no, digging into Gaias earthy hide does not make them sharp. Durable enough to stop that isnt the same as a strong sword wielder. 2. http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Noctis-Animus/kratos135.jpg (and yes those lines are accurate, checked the hand placement to the length) that plus following the actual direction path of the leg backs this up. In other words, it doesn't make contact.
3. Well technically the palms would take more for having thicker skin then the chest, that and slice<stab. Whenever he's been stabbed by the thing by Zeus in GoW2 and Kratos in 3 (and maybe another time) it didnt take their titan stopping strength to do so. How is that a durability feat? The blade went all the way through, second push means nothing as there is no 'deep enough' as it came out the other side.
4. v Scorpions pincers are for crushing and ripping not slicing or cutting. Its not a sharp feat, its a resisting being crushed feat.

I didnt mention PSI.. Stopping the titan slap is Kratos strength x his durability to resist the hit, emphasis on strength as thats the larger of the two. Stabbing only works on his durability, eg you'd have to take away Kratos' strength in that smash to leave us with the crush durability, and you need about 80x less force to cut then to crush. However the MS's magic would most likely strengthen it in this situation.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

He's alive as its still game based damage that's taken of the life bar. (And it is largely damaging) IIR she was holding him which would leave deep cuts on a a normal person so shows some durability there, is still under impalement in terms of force aka from the centaur.

Crushing =/= slicing. Not the same as resisting a blade as real pincers are for crushing and ripping not slicing. (To note IRL those kind of pincers are the weaker king, the thin pincers.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.