John McClane versus the Green Goblin...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The Green Goblin (Norman Osborn version) decides to kill John McClane.

McClane is driving to work one day when Gobby attacks on his glider.

McClane is driving a Ford Crown Vic. He is wearing a bulletproof vest, has a Beretta 9mm in his shoulder holster, and an MP-5 on the seat beside him with several reloads. He also has the knapsack he had from DH1, with a coupla blocks of C4 and detonators. What the hell, he has a fully fueled zippo too.

This is "Live free or Die Hard" McClane, BTW.

Who wins? To the death obviously, in broad daylight in light traffic, McClane has plenty of room to evade.

Rogue Jedi
OK I'll go first. I'd say Mac at the very least makes Gpbby work for it.

Can Mac's 9mm bullets penetrate Gobby's armor? And how can Mac utilize the C4?

steverules_2
Depends...what kinda punishment can the Gob armor take? Plus Goblin has super human strength

Rogue Jedi
If it goes h2h Mac is done. Gobbys armor? Not sure, I was hoping someone could share some insight with us. Rob'll be around later.

steverules_2
I'm sure he'd be able to take a bullet, what kind of armor would it be if it couldn't erm

Rogue Jedi
Durh, but repetitive fire from an MP5? And to the face? What about the C4? Knowing McClane, he'd luck across a weakness and exploit it.

BruceSkywalker
Goblin obviously,,

he is superhuman, IMS, the Goblin armor is bulletproof so guns won't do nothing..

besides all Gobby has to do is stay on his glider and fire away thus killing McClane and ending this spite thread..

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Goblin obviously,,

he is superhuman, IMS, the Goblin armor is bulletproof so guns won't do nothing..

besides all Gobby has to do is stay on his glider and fire away thus killing McClane and ending this spite thread.. McClane had a chopper, two of them, on his ass, both of them spewing automatic gunfire, and he took them both out. One with a fire hydrant, one with his car. Also, remember the scene where he was in the rig with the Jet on his ass?

If he strafes the glider with a few bursts from the MP5, it's likely to cause damage.

He has shown that he can survive and win these situations.

The only question is how he takes Gobby out.

It's not spite, Bruce. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
McClane had a chopper, two of them, on his ass, both of them spewing automatic gunfire, and he took them both out. One with a fire hydrant, one with his car. Also, remember the scene where he was in the rig with the Jet on his ass?

If he strafes the glider with a few bursts from the MP5, it's likely to cause damage.

He has shown that he can survive and win these situations.

The only question is how he takes Gobby out.

It's not spite, Bruce. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm not sure McClane can,, Gobby is very durable so he'll take a lot of damage..

I truly hope you are right when you say this isn't a spite thread

Rogue Jedi
Hell no it isn't a spite thread, Mac can evade Gobby, he has proven that. Like I said, all that remains is how he takes Gobby down. C4?

BruceSkywalker
Hell no it isn't a spite thread, Mac can evade Gobby, he has proven that. Like I said, all that remains is how he takes Gobby down. C4?

Goblin should be able to evade the C4.. How exactly will Mac get him off the glider?

Rogue Jedi
Goblin should be able to evade the C4.. How exactly will Mac get him off the glider? Coupla strafes from the MP5?

BruceSkywalker
Coupla strafes from the MP5?

what all was the MPS capable of doing?

Rogue Jedi
what all was the MPS capable of doing? MP5, his machine gun. Capable of? Spraying a barrage of death.

BruceSkywalker
MP5, his machine gun. Capable of? Spraying a barrage of death.

but i believe the suit is bulletproof, i 'll have to rewatch spiderman to be sure about that.. can the MPS shoot down the glider easily?

Impediment
Spider-Man ko'd and killed GG. Without a firearm.

McClane cannot possibly KO Spidey. Truth.

If McClane couldn't KO Spidey, what in the name of Jebus makes you think that he could KO GG? GG has armor, strength, weapons (bombs, blades, etc) and his glider.

Explain to me how this is not spite.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
Spider-Man ko'd and killed GG. Without a firearm.

McClane cannot possibly KO Spidey. Truth.

If McClane couldn't KO Spidey, what in the name of Jebus makes you think that he could KO GG?

Explain to me how this is not spite. The C4 in his possession. The machine gun. The Beretta. What would a few blasts to the face do to Gobby? Or a C4 explosion?

Impediment
So GG stands perfectly still while McClane plants C4 on him? Even though the glider is capable of extraordinary aerial feats?

Sure. Keep believing.

Rogue Jedi
Never said that. McClane is a crack shot, surely he will land a few shots to Gobbys face.

Impediment
Even though the glider is capable of extraordinary aerial feats?

Sure. Keep believing.

Rogue Jedi
SO Mac has zero chance of knocking Gobby off the glider?

BruceSkywalker
SO Mac has zero chance of knocking Gobby off the glider?

yes, i don't think he can.. Mac may be a crackshot, but Gobby showed greatness while on the glider, so he should easily avoid bullets from Mac

Impediment
Okay. Even IF Mac could hit GG, be it face or body, with a machine gun, you are clearly forgetting that the GG suit is government made armor suit. You really think that the govt would sanction a suit that is susceptible to common MG fire? The suit is govt grade armor, so is the glider.

Pumpkin bomb to Mac. Mac is skeletonized, just like the execs were at the parade in SM 1.

Spite.

Rogue Jedi
yes, i don't think he can.. Mac may be a crackshot, but Gobby showed greatness while on the glider, so he should easily avoid bullets from Mac Gobby never displayed bullet dodging feats.

Mac strafes Gobby, knocks him off the glider (or strafes the glider and ****s it up), Gobby falls, Mac runs him over a few times, walks over while Gobby is stunned, removes the helmet, BLAM puts one in his computer.

Possible yes

Rogue Jedi
Okay. Even IF Mac could hit GG, be it face or body, with a machine gun, you are clearly forgetting that the GG suit is government made armor suit. You really think that the govt would sanction a suit that is susceptible to common MG fire? The suit is govt grade armor, so is the glider.

Pumpkin bomb to Mac. Mac is skeletonized, just like the execs were at the parade in SM 1.

Spite.

Susceptible or not, the impact could knock Gobby off his glider.

You're forgetting this:

McClane had a chopper, two of them, on his ass, both of them spewing automatic gunfire, and he took them both out. One with a fire hydrant, one with his car. Also, remember the scene where he was in the rig with the Jet on his ass?

The jet shot missile at him, much more powerful than a pumpkin bomb, and Mac was able to avoid them in a big ass rig.

Impediment
No, no, no, no.

If Spider-Man couldn't do it, then why would a normal human be able to do so?

Again: He is wearing govt sanctioned armor.

Impediment
Susceptible or not, the impact could knock Gobby off his glider.

You're forgetting this:

The jet shot missile at him, much more powerful than a pumpkin bomb, and Mac was able to avoid them in a big ass rig.

Per your OP:

Mac does not have a fire hydrant or a car. Also, this is a "real life" movie".

Spider-Man is a "sci-fi" flick.

Pumpkin bomb = your avada kedavra.

Rogue Jedi
No, no, no, no.

If Spider-Man couldn't do it, then why would a normal human be able to do so?

Again: He is wearing govt sanctioned armor.

Spider Man didn't have a gun roll eyes (sarcastic)

Body armor is not totally bullet proof, just bullet resistant, right?

Impediment
Spider Man didn't have a gun roll eyes (sarcastic)

Body armor is not totally bullet proof, just bullet resistant, right?

Key word: resistant.

He could "resist" and fly around on his glider, zigging and zagging, and drop pumpkin bombs.

Mac dies.

Rogue Jedi
Key word: resistant.

He could "resist" and fly around on his glider, zigging and zagging, and drop pumpkin bombs.

Mac dies.

Nonetheless, the impact could very well knock him off..... Mac strafes Gobby, knocks him off the glider (or strafes the glider and ****s it up), Gobby falls, Mac runs him over a few times, walks over while Gobby is stunned, removes the helmet, BLAM puts one in his computer.

Mac will be in motion the entire time, dude. And again, this:

I'm not saying this is a sure Mac win, I'm just saying that it's not so one sided for Gobby. Mac specializes in destruction and blowing shit up. He has C4, a machine gun and a pistol with him, and body armor.

Impediment
Explain to me how a normal human without super chemical alteration could strafe a highly technological piece of machinery designed for aerial combat in an open field of traffic, per your OP?

The GG on his glider gave Spidey a run for his money. Mac is neither.

How does he evade? How does he dodge?

I thought so.

Again: Mac has neither a fire hydrant nor a car at his disposal.

Pumpkin bomb. Death.

Rogue Jedi
How does he evade and dodge? The same way he evaded the choppers, the same way he evaded the Jet.

Mac has no car or fire hydrant at his disposal? Um.....He's IN a car.......There are fire hydrants all over the city......yeah......

Mac backs over a fire hydrant, the spray hits the glider, Gobby falls off, Mac backs over him, pins him under the car, gets out, uses the C4 to blow him to bits.

An no, Gobby cannot push the car off of him, he never displayed that level of strength in the movies.

And no, he never got hit by a car and lol'd about it.

Impediment
Say what you will.

GG is a super human on a superior govt made machine wearing govt made superior armor while in a state of govt made genetic altering chemicals to advance strength, speed, and durability.

Have fun with your McClane humping. I shan't proceed further.

I feel my argument is done and over.

Rogue Jedi
Say what you will.

GG is a super human on a superior govt made machine wearing govt made superior armor while in a state of govt made genetic altering chemicals to advance strength, speed, and durability.

Have fun with your McClane humping. I shan't proceed further.

I feel my argument is done and over. McClane? I, of all people, know McClane has his limits. This fight is well within them, with the right amount of luck.

Bit hostile on your part, sup with that?

Nightstick
An no, Gobby cannot push the car off of him, he never displayed that level of strength in the movies.

Cars weight between 2 and 4 tons. Goblin supported the weight of a New York City tram, that weighed at least 10 tons with one arm. He also displayed the ability to over power Spider-Man, he was able to casually catch and restrain Parker's punch. This is the Spider-man who can stop trains, carry trams, support falling building etc.

In other words Goblin could throw a car of himself with ease.

Ms.Marvel
i dont understand why anybody would think that john mcclane could stand up to the green goblin, much less Willem Dafoe standing up to bruce willis

Rogue Jedi
If Gobby is hit a few times by a speeding car, what then? He lol's, or is stunned?

Placidity
If Gobby is hit a few times by a speeding car, what then? He lol's, or is stunned?

He'd recover.

Also, the MP5 is a submachine gun which typically loads 9mm ammunition. That ain't doing shit.

Long Range:

Flight, Missiles, Machine Guns, Pumpkin Bombs, Superhuman stats > MP5 and Car

Short Range:

Do I really need to?

Rogue Jedi
Go ahead, I lost interest.

Sadako of Girth
I concurr with Impediment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.