Odin vs Superboy Prime with rules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Odin can only use energy blasts and strength. He can amp his strength but no Gungnir and no other exotic powers.

Scenario One: Normal Prime

Scenario Two: Guardian Amped Prime

iceman24567
Going with Prime in both

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scenario 1: If he thought Superboy's heat vision was hot, Odin would incinerate him.

Scenario 2: Odin. Prime's biggest vulnerability is his stamina in this form. His energy reserves will eventually run out.

Prime status currently is unknown in terms of power. The new villain smell has worn off. It doesn't help that John's isn't very good with consistent power levels either.

JakeTheBank
1st: Odin.

2nd: Odin, but it's less decisive.

Prep-Man
Odin

Prime.

Lunacyde
Hmmm...I can't see Odin hurting him with only energy blasts. He's survived a Universe destroying blast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He never survived a Universe destroying blast. For that blast to have been Universe destroying, it would have had to you know, destroy a Universe. It was no doubt extremely powerful but it didn't even destroy the planet they were on.

And if I really wanted to demean Prime I could argue that even a small plant was able to survive the explosion.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He never survived a Universe destroying blast. For that blast to have been Universe destroying, it would have had to you know, destroy a Universe. It was no doubt extremely powerful but it didn't even destroy the planet they were on.

And if I really wanted to demean Prime I could argue that even a small plant was able to survive the explosion.
In either case its beyond anything Odin has ever done. He's debatably a Galaxy buster and that blast wiped out all life in an entire Universe but for one plant apparently.

Prep-Man
Plus Prime shrugged off Mordru's blasts as well. Mordru > Odin on average.

celeyhyga17

rofl
laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's all true.

srug

Originally posted by Omega Vision
In either case its beyond anything Odin has ever done. He's debatably a Galaxy buster and that blast wiped out all life in an entire Universe but for one plant apparently.

Nothing debatable about it. Odin has busted Galaxies easily.

If Odin focused his energies on a blast specifically designed to eliminate all life in some alternate Universe, I have no doubt he could do so. It's not as if he wouldn't be capable on working at that scale.

Galaxies were being destroyed and the fabric of the Multiverse was tearing as the simple after shock of his battle with Seth. Heck, at the beginning of the fight the two exchanged a blast casually and the shock wave rippled across every plane of reality. And Odin was far from what I'd call a healthy state at the time to boot as he had just returned from resuming a mortal form.

Prep-Man
Odin still uses magic, even for his energy blasts right? Isn't Prime immune to that? He did look good at laughing off one of Mordru's attacks.

quanchi112
Odin in both.

Lunacyde

quanchi112

iceman24567

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Odin still uses magic, even for his energy blasts right? Isn't Prime immune to that? He did look good at laughing off one of Mordru's attacks.

Odin's power source isn't strictly mystical. It's a combination of both divine and mystical. He is a God after all.

JakeTheBank
^ Not to mention the Odinforce itself allows for the manipulation of cosmic energies as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Prep-Man
Would divine powers screw with Prime?

quanchi112
Would divine powers screw with Prime? All that matters is how powerful Odin is not if they are mystical or not.

Prep-Man
Well, has he been affected by divine powers? We already know Odin's magic probably won't have an effect.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Didn't a punch to the face from Zauriel hurt him during Sinestro Corps War?

quanchi112
Well, has he been affected by divine powers? We already know Odin's magic probably won't have an effect. False, we know a magical blast from Mordru didn't have any affect or that BA's punch didn't have any effect not that in a prolonged fight that he could continually shrug these blows off.

Blanket
Didn't a punch to the face from Zauriel hurt him during Sinestro Corps War? If we ignore the other 5 heroes hitting Prime, then yes, one punch from Zauriel hurt Prime.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Blanket
If we ignore the other 5 heroes hitting Prime, then yes, one punch from Zauriel hurt Prime.

Really? In the Superman Prime tie-in that panel stuck out to me because all the other heroes were restraining him.

Blanket
Really? In the Superman Prime tie-in that panel stuck out to me because all the other heroes were restraining him. MM was seen throwing punches at him. As was Metamorpho, and possibly others off the top of my head.

Slaanesh
Prime for both..

Joker793
SBP in both

amnesia

I think there are some hokus pokus that could screw with prime, after all, he is like the sentry... Only cool.

amnesia
Oh, and not even Odin could take on the guardian amped.

1. Odin

2. Prime

quanchi112
Originally posted by amnesia
Oh, and not even Odin could take on the guardian amped.

1. Odin

2. Prime Why can't Odin take on guardian amped Prime again?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why can't Odin take on guardian amped Prime again?
He could very well take him on and win (after a savage fight) but in this scenario where most of Odin's powers are off the table I see GA Prime taking a majority.

quanchi112
He could very well take him on and win (after a savage fight) but in this scenario where most of Odin's powers are off the table I see GA Prime taking a majority. Odin's far more powerful and only needs energy blasts and to amp himself. We saw Monarch doing damage to Prime while guardian amped so there's n reason to believe Odin couldn't hurt him as well.

Omega Vision
Odin's far more powerful and only needs energy blasts and to amp himself. We saw Monarch doing damage to Prime while guardian amped so there's n reason to believe Odin couldn't hurt him as well.
Of course Odin could hurt him. Its just that GA Prime could probably hurt Odin as well.

amnesia
BTW, when have Odin ever shown strength amping?

quanchi112
Of course Odin could hurt him. Its just that GA Prime could probably hurt Odin as well. Not enough to beat him imo. Odin's clearly more powerful.

KuRuPT Thanosi
1. Odin
2. Odin with a little more difficulty

moonknight11
I think there are some hokus pokus that could screw with prime, after all, he is like the sentry... Only cool.

Superboy Prime?

Cool?

The whiny girl know as SBP is cool?

Preposterous.

JakeTheBank
He's cooler than Sentry.

amnesia
Originally posted by moonknight11
Superboy Prime?

Cool?

The whiny girl know as SBP is cool?

Preposterous.

i think superboy prime is a pretty cool guy eh kill SA superman and doesn't only afraid of speedsters.

cdtm
Say, didn't Earth Prime folk have omnipotent powers in comic universes back in the Pre Crisis era?

There was this story when Cary Bates goes to Earth 2 and actually kills the JSA..

Bentley
Prime doesn't need any rules to spank Odin, Prime punches the rules, THEN one-shots Odin wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's cooler than Sentry. Not a chance. Although I do love both characters.

Colossus-Big C
odin is a skyather and like all skyfathers they can amp there "physical attributes" to what ever levels they want
zeus is only a class 60tons but has amped to the levels of lifting mountains and overpowering thor hercules and etc
odin is a class 50tons but you clearly see he amps his strength.
there not even ftl speed unless they use magic to amp speed

colossus can take these guys at base level

but that being said odin wins

amnesia
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
odin is a skyather and like all skyfathers they can amp there "physical attributes" to what ever levels they want
zeus is only a class 60tons but has amped to the levels of lifting mountains and overpowering thor hercules and etc

You of all people where actually the only one respond to my question.

It appears i have misjudged you. I am sorry colossus.

Omega Vision
Not a chance. Although I do love both characters.
One's a whiny ***** the other is a whiny ***** who's agoraphobic and used to have a drug problem.

Ask yourself which one is the "cooler" of the two. stick out tongue

amnesia
One's a whiny ***** the other is a whiny ***** who's agoraphobic and used to have a drug problem.

Ask yourself which one is the "cooler" of the two. stick out tongue

prime kills lanterns with his fists. That's pretty cool.

Omega Vision
prime kills lanterns with his fists. That's pretty cool.
Also with lines like "I'll kill you to death!" how can he not be cool? banandur

amnesia
Also with lines like "I'll kill you to death!" how can he not be cool? banandur

Yep, he is pretty bright.

And the fight with BA was pretty cool... I mean BA is like one of my favorite characters in all of teh comix. But to see him get hes ass handed to him like that was pretty amusing.

JakeTheBank
Prime also has a sense of morbid humor. In Infinite Crisis, he rips off one of Risk's arms, forcing him to get a cybernetic one. And in Sinestro Corps War, he ripped off Risk's remaining flesh and blood one. That's funny as hell.

Omega Vision
Prime also has a sense of morbid humor. In Infinite Crisis, he rips off one of Risk's arms, forcing him to get a cybernetic one. And in Sinestro Corps War, he ripped off Risk's remaining flesh and blood one. That's funny as hell.
I can totally see Superboy Prime being the Moe of some Three Stooges type group. laughing out loud

quanchi112

Ask yourself which one is the "cooler" of the two. stick out tongue The one who has his own place. smile

JakeTheBank
The one who has his own place. smile

So, Prime, then.

quanchi112
So, Prime, then. Prime lives at home while the Sentry had his own place, skyrise no less.

JakeTheBank
Prime lives at home while the Sentry had his own place, skyrise no less.

Prime has his own universe.

quanchi112
Prime has his own universe. But not on his own place. That's even worse, lol. Prime's mom-- Be home when the street lights are on, honey...Prime-Make sure my grilled cheese if ready when i get home, *****.

JakeTheBank
But not on his own place. That's even worse, lol. Prime's mom-- Be home when the street lights are on, honey...Prime-Make sure my grilled cheese if ready when i get home, *****.

Actually, Prime's parents are scared shitless of him. He's got them checked.

Prime has also killed or defeated people more impressive than Sentry/Void has.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

We all know Colossus is a tough customer. But did you really have to give him a plug in this fight?
just for that ill add this!

Nova Prime > Colossus!!

amnesia

amnesia
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
We all know Colossus is a tough customer. But did you really have to give him a plug in this fight?
just for that ill add this!

Nova Prime >>>>>>>>>>>> Colossus!!

fixd

quanchi112
Actually, Prime's parents are scared shitless of him. He's got them checked.

Prime has also killed or defeated people more impressive than Sentry/Void has. No shit, he's a heartless prick who has powers while they are regular people they should be scared to death of him. He still wants his mother's affection though.

Not a chance. Let's have it out and hear this? Void annihilates Prime too by the way.

amnesia
bump, really liked this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.