face book is it going bad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

myinnerself
so face book is sending your peronal info to other sites and it was just to stay with family or friends. mad

are you going to complain to them abou it Happy Dance

would you close your face book account sick

tell us what you think face book selling you out

That ACDC Chick
wait... what? awebrow
also whats wth them smilies i mean, i get the first one but not the other two awebrow

Scythe
Yeah, that happens.

~Wålshy~
this is devastating

Slay
I went bad on speed once. Pot twice. But that was because I hadn't eaten that day, before smoking.

myinnerself
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
wait... what? awebrow
also whats wth them smilies i mean, i get the first one but not the other two awebrow

well it means if you are happy or not on how you feel about facebook
giving your personal info that you can't keep private.

so that's why I used Happy Dance and sick . take your pick if you care or not if facebook lets other sites see your personal info and that you can not stop them from doing so.

so --- what do you think about it.

That ACDC Chick
do you mean search engine sites?
cause there's a way to prevent that

Slay
I don't have facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Bebo or Hyves. It's for the gays.

Peach
99% of the "OMG FACEBOOK IS EVIL" rumors are false.

And yes, it is possible to keep all of your information private.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach
99% of the "OMG FACEBOOK IS EVIL" rumors are false.

And yes, it is possible to keep all of your information private.

But you'll make your facebook account unusable in the process, if you share anything with your friends it may become public to anyone, and information may even be retained after you delete your account through your friends pages.

Now, that's not really the problem, that's an alright system, if it wasn't for the fact that facebook built its enormous userbase under the pretenses of keeping your information private. Additionally they made their privacy setting incredibly complicated and hard to navigate and at least initially set everything to public, which most of their mostly incompetent userbase doesn't know how to use.

So facebook has definitely shown that it couldn't give a **** about their users, and will do anything, including lying to and selling out people they trusted, and that's just a bit of a scary track record to have for one of the most important internet and social companies.

That being said I do like their features and enjoy consciously taking advantage of their public and like features. Additionally it is definitely the best way to keep in contact with certain groups of people, and until that need is eradicated (hopefully by Google, who are just a pretty damn awesome company) I will keep my facebook profile.

AsbestosFlaygon
Facebook is Bad, but like everything bad, it is enjoyable.

Just like sex, hentai, booze, drugs, oversleeping, sex, prostitution, sex, pr0nz, sex, etc.

mikeydude
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Facebook is Bad, but like everything bad, it is enjoyable.

Just like sex, hentai, booze, drugs, oversleeping, sex, prostitution, sex, pr0nz, sex, etc.
agreed.

steverules_2
This Michael Kindred dude added me...worste mistake I ever made was confirming him

mikeydude
shi-

i dont know what your talking about because you sent me a friend request! stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Slay
I went bad on speed once. Pot twice. But that was because I hadn't eaten that day, before smoking. I tool acid once, BAD trip, man.

mikeydude
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I tool acid once, BAD trip, man.

steverules_2
Originally posted by mikeydude
shi-

i dont know what your talking about because you sent me a friend request! stick out tongue

This lying you keep doing is a disease Michael yes

Rogue Jedi
See?

mikeydude
no i dont....

Originally posted by steverules_2
This lying you keep doing is a disease Michael yes
WHUUTTT?

mikeydude
Steve?
did you comment back on my status?

steverules_2
After you told me to shut my mouth? Yeah I did

mikeydude
oh, alright big grin

steverules_2
Yeah

mikeydude
ill get on that.

steverules_2
Ok...can't wait

mikeydude
yeah. did you comment back now?

Rogue Jedi
HA!!!!

steverules_2
yeah. did you comment back now?

*sigh* Yes...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
HA!!!!

myinnerself
OK, stop your bitching, just tell us if you approve of face book sending your private info to other sites and that you need to be safe when posting photo's real names and other info.

That ACDC Chick
the solution to the "facebook selling you out" bullshit is to just not put your whole life story on your profile page erm
if youre stupid enough to have your cell phone, work phone, house phone, email, home address, where you graduated from and with what honors for everyone and there grandmother to see, you should just hit the reset button on life
all that info is optional, and its not impossible to set to private if you actually put the effort into it to do so
i mean, c'mon people, it aint rocket science or nothin, but it is your personal info that people can use to get credit cards and shit in your name, which happened to my mom when she was in the hospital last year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.