Morg with WOL vs Orion with the ALE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Who wins?

quanchi112
Depends on if Morg's wired differently or not.

Tazer
Yo.

how many being have we seen can resist the ALE??

Tazer

Omega Vision
Orion /w ALE and rather easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Orion /w ALE and rather easily. So you're ignoring the fc version of the ale?

Prep-Man
Orion.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by quanchi112
So you're ignoring the fc version of the ale?

well, Orion didnt have the ALE in FC , so why would any1 use *that particular version* of it?

Tazer

leonidas
this is spite. orion wins with a single word.

cdtm
Orion commanded a Promethean Giant.. He commanded corpses to rise and act alive again.

The FC version of the ALE is bs. It's not about wiring, it's about thought and will.. Basically, sentience. If Orion spoke a word to The Spectre, he'd likely command it as easily as he did everyone else in his series..

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
this is spite. orion wins with a single word. This.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

well, Orion didnt have the ALE in FC , so why would any1 use *that particular version* of it?

Tazer Because the ale has changed so why would I use a pretcon ale unless otherwise specified? Points to forum rules and then points at you and giggles.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
This.

Tazer
Yo.

Because the ale has changed so why would I use a pretcon ale unless otherwise specified? Points to forum rules and then points at you and giggles.

well, the rules dont actually mention "Versions Of Powers or Equipment", so I dont know wat yur pointing there for.....

unlike U, I think most ppl here simply figured that OP meant the ALE as it was when he was in possession of it; congrats on singling yurself out for NOT thinking.

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

well, the rules dont actually mention "Versions Of Powers or Equipment", so I dont know wat yur pointing there for.....

unlike U, I think most ppl here simply figured that OP meant the ALE as it was when he was in possession of it; congrats on singling yurself out for NOT thinking.

Tazer By default we use current versions to the current ale.

Omega Vision
No its clearly referring to the ALE when Orion possessed it, Quan.

When something like say "Classic Strange" is named in the OP we don't use Current Strange by default. Simple logic that seems to elude your grasp.

quanchi112
No its clearly referring to the ALE when Orion possessed it, Quan.

When something like say "Classic Strange" is named in the OP we don't use Current Strange by default. Simple logic that seems to elude your grasp. Sorry, but it's current ale until I get told otherwise by the thread starter. I am going by the rules here, brah.

Omega Vision
Sorry, but it's current ale until I get told otherwise by the thread starter. I am going by the rules here, brah.
No you're ignoring context and twisting things in your favor.

Orion never possessed the FC ALE and as far as I'm concerned the FC ALE is a completely different animal from Starlin's ALE.

quanchi112
No you're ignoring context and twisting things in your favor.

Orion never possessed the FC ALE and as far as I'm concerned the FC ALE is a completely different animal from Starlin's ALE. Is Orion possessing the current ale so beyond your comprehension?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion.

Omega Vision
Is Orion possessing the current ale so beyond your comprehension?
(1) He doesn't have the Current ALE in this fight unless stated in the OP. There's no reason to assume he meant anything but the version of Orion with the ALE. If the WOL appeared later on at drastically reduced power then would you then assume that Morg /w WOL meant Morg with that WOL? Of course not. Why would you?

(2) Even with "Current" ALE Orion wins.

Tazer
Yo.

By default we use current versions to the current ale.

I dont see any default rulings on "Universal Powers".........

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

I dont see any default rulings on "Universal Powers".........

Tazer We use the most current versions of the characters and items. If you say preretcon ale then I can see your aside but since they don't it's not fair game.

WhiteWitchKing
We use the most current versions of the characters and items. If you say preretcon ale then I can see your aside but since they don't it's not fair game.

Orion is dead. That's the most current version of Orion.

Anyways using Orion when he had the ALE, Orion speaks one word and Morg is enslaved. Orion takes this match in a rage stomp.

Blanket
Orion via single word.

Q99
Is Orion possessing the current ale so beyond your comprehension?

Orion was dead at the point it took that form.

Orion actually had the ALE at one point, or as that form is normally called, "Orion with the ALE."

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99

Orion actually had the ALE at one point, or as that form is normally called, "Orion with the ALE."

Yeah, Orion with the ALE usually refers to the specific version from Simonson's Orion series.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I entered this thread wondering why the discussion has lasted so long.

It's the magic of Quanchi.

JakeTheBank
LOL

I find it hilarious how everyone had to break down "Orion with the ALE".

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Orion is dead. That's the most current version of Orion.

Anyways using Orion when he had the ALE, Orion speaks one word and Morg is enslaved. Orion takes this match in a rage stomp. So we go back to the most current pre death and the most current ale. This isn't hard to figure out.

Originally posted by Q99

Orion actually had the ALE at one point, or as that form is normally called, "Orion with the ALE." That Orion wins but with the new ale I could see it not working and remain undecided.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I entered this thread wondering why the discussion has lasted so long.

It's the magic of Quanchi. Just following the rules, amigo.

Omega Vision
^ Trolling is against the rules, amigo. vin

Tazer
Yo.

We use the most current versions of the characters and items. If you say preretcon ale then I can see your aside but since they don't it's not fair game.

I see no ruling that mentions anything about items.........

Tazer

the Darkone
Orion in a sh** stomp.

quanchi112
^ Trolling is against the rules, amigo. vin I explained myself. Worry about your little brother and not me.

Yo.

I see no ruling that mentions anything about items.........

Tazer So it only applies to characters and not items?

Omega Vision
I explained myself. Worry about your little brother and not me.

My little brother is doing better now. Unlike you he has the capacity to learn to not be butthurt and recalcitrant.

So to reiterate, 16 year old > you, a 29 year old in terms of maturity and learning potential.
vin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just following the rules, amigo.

You sure are one stand up guy Quanchi!

Tazer
Yo.

So it only applies to characters and not items?

ya might wanna get an official ruling, but as it stands now I can find no actual ruling on "item-versions".

now, perhaps Ive overlooked it. I could possibly have done so. if U see where the rulings encompass items, or even mention them, then plz by all means quote it here.

Tazer

quanchi112
My little brother is doing better now. Unlike you he has the capacity to learn to not be butthurt and recalcitrant.

So to reiterate, 16 year old > you, a 29 year old in terms of maturity and learning potential.
vin I am just giving my opinion in this thread in which you get all offended by my opinion not the other way around.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You sure are one stand up guy Quanchi! Glad someone finally noticed.

Yo.

ya might wanna get an official ruling, but as it stands now I can find no actual ruling on "item-versions".

now, perhaps Ive overlooked it. I could possibly have done so. if U see where the rulings encompass items, or even mention them, then plz by all means quote it here.

Tazer So what's the rule if not otherwise specified what do you think it is?

Joker793
Orion wins

JakeTheBank
It's obvious this thread means Orion when he had the ALE, as in that specific incarnation of Orion. It's no different than WWH Sentry, WW3 Black Adam, OF Thor, DoV Captain Marvel, etc. I don't see how anyone can get any other meaning from it.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's obvious this thread means Orion when he had the ALE, as in that specific incarnation of Orion. It's no different than WWH Sentry, WW3 Black Adam, OF Thor, DoV Captain Marvel, etc. I don't see how anyone can get any other meaning from it.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/yes.gif I think quanchi's overthinking this.

Tazer
Yo.

So what's the rule if not otherwise specified what do you think it is?

I dont see any rulings on inventory that yur trying to assert.......

Tazer

lawest9
???????????????????????????

Tattoos N Scars
Orion doesn't need the ALE to beat this chump.

iceman24567
Orion tells Morg to fist himself

quanchi112
Yo.

I dont see any rulings on inventory that yur trying to assert.......

Tazer So you think it honestly only pertains to characters? Seriously?

JakeTheBank
So you think it honestly only pertains to characters? Seriously?

It's referring to that specific incarnation of the character, Quan. facepalm

quanchi112
It's referring to that specific incarnation of the character, Quan. facepalm That's not specified. I think since the ale has been retconned it's current Orion as it can be with the ale as anyone can be given the ale and we know what they are capable of.

Tattoos N Scars
That's not specified. I think since the ale has been retconned it's current Orion as it can be with the ale as anyone can be given the ale and we know what they are capable of.

So, Drax and Champion are as efficient with the power gem as Thanos was when he had it?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
So, Drax and Champion are as efficient with the power gem as Thanos was when he had it? Not even close. They didn't even understand it at all just on a subconscious level were they even tapping into it.

Tazer
Yo.

So you think it honestly only pertains to characters? Seriously?

can U show me where they mention it?

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

can U show me where they mention it?

Tazer In the rule section of this board. I think you're a big enough man to locate it on your own.

Tazer
Yo.

In the rule section of this board. I think you're a big enough man to locate it on your own.

Ive lookd and cant find any mention of items made within; perhaps U can quote the passage that mentions it/them plz?

Tazer

Blanket
It's obvious this thread means Orion when he had the ALE, as in that specific incarnation of Orion. It's no different than WWH Sentry, WW3 Black Adam, OF Thor, DoV Captain Marvel, etc. I don't see how anyone can get any other meaning from it. It isn't possible to get any other meaning.

However, it is possible to try to manipulate the characters being used in an attempt to get your character to win. Which is what I gather is going on in the quotes I've glanced over.

Juntai
****ing troll. geez.

quanchi112
Yo.

Ive lookd and cant find any mention of items made within; perhaps U can quote the passage that mentions it/them plz?

Tazer By default we use current versions of characters so obviously we use current versions of weapons as well.

Stunner2xx
orion without ale still wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stunner2xx
orion without ale still wins Against Morg with the wol? For real?

Prep-Man
Orion.

cdtm
Against Morg with the wol? For real?

If he actually used the Astro Force to it's full potential, maybe..

He did stop a universal implosion bomb with it, along with lesser feats of causing catastrophic earthquakes on Earth from fighting on the moon.

-Pr-
Quan, quit it. it's pre FC ALE Orion.

and you are the LAST person on this board that should even try and quote the rules.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm

He did stop a universal implosion bomb with it, along with lesser feats of causing catastrophic earthquakes on Earth from fighting on the moon. So what? We've seen Thor also do insane things with his hammer but against powerful threats like Kurse or Mangog or Surtur he gets his butt kicked most of the time. Orion isn't messing up Superman and MM at the same time whereas Morg was dominating a team full of heralds like they were nothing.

Prep-Man
LOL!

Galan007
Originally posted by -Pr-

and you are the LAST person on this board that should even try and quote the rules. laughing

Anyhow...Originally posted by Galan007
For starters, Orion /w/ ALE was able to control..

Darkseid:
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1926/orion7.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6266/orion8.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3618/orion9.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8343/orion10.jpg
---
Metron and Darkseid:
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9315/orion5.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1966/orion6.jpg
---
And a Promethean Giant:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8029/orion1.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2894/orion2.jpg
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1968/orion3.jpg
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7813/orion4.jpg Again, he ends this battle with a single word/thought.

Tazer
Yo.

By default we use current versions of characters so obviously we use current versions of weapons as well.

is that a direct quote?

doesnt look like it to me.........

Originally posted by -Pr-

and you are the LAST person on this board that should even try and quote the rules.

laughing out loud

Tazer

quanchi112

He did stop a universal implosion bomb with it, along with lesser feats of causing catastrophic earthquakes on Earth from fighting on the moon. Doubtful.Originally posted by -Pr-

and you are the LAST person on this board that should even try and quote the rules. Ok, the pretcon ale wins. I wasn't sure.

Yo.

is that a direct quote?

doesnt look like it to me.........

laughing out loud

Tazer Pretcon ale wins the current one loses.

Omega Vision
^ You weren't sure?

laughing out loud

Classic Quan.

kevdude
no expression Orion w/ale.

quanchi112
^ You weren't sure?

laughing out loud

Classic Quan. I wasn't sure which ale was meant here. I stated that how many times. no expression

Omega Vision
I wasn't sure which ale was meant here. I stated that how many times. no expression
You knew exactly what it meant but tried to twist things so that Morg won.

quanchi112
You knew exactly what it meant but tried to twist things so that Morg won. No, I wasn't sure because of the current if not otherwise stated rule. I'm no Morg fan.

Omega Vision
No, I wasn't sure because of the current if not otherwise stated rule. I'm no Morg fan.
But you are a Marvel Zombie, so naturally you'd want the Marvel character to win.

quanchi112
But you are a Marvel Zombie, so naturally you'd want the Marvel character to win. Not at all. I love certain dc characters such as Prime and Black Adam. I give Superman the win over Gladiator when I don't have to I give it to who I think wins not who I like more. That's a common misconception.

Prep-Man

yep.

Tazer
Yo.

TRUTH

Not at all. I love certain dc characters such as Prime and Black Adam. I give Superman the win over Gladiator when I don't have to I give it to who I think wins not who I like more. That's a common misconception.

MARVEL ZOMBIE!!!

http://images.dailyfill.com/faee87b8a65148b2_91f468af118aa9cf_o.jpg

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

TRUTH

MARVEL ZOMBIE!!!

http://images.dailyfill.com/faee87b8a65148b2_91f468af118aa9cf_o.jpg

Tazer It's just not true.

Philosophía
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/yes.gif I think quanchi's overthinking this. Over what?

lawest9
Orion with the ALE is a beast.

cdtm

Philosophía
That's not what I meant.

quanchi112
Over whether Orion with the ALE meant Orion with the latest version of the ALE, or Orion when he had the ALE, e.g. that specific version of Orion from Simonsons Orion series. He's attempting a funny which in the end just confused a few people so it wasn't funny at all.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by lawest9
Orion with the ALE is a beast.

too bad it was short lived.

lawest9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
too bad it was short lived. Indeed.

Juntai
Too bad the series was short lived, not Orion with the ALE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.