Canon Marvel/DC crossovers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
What crossovers between Marvel and DC would you like to see?

And then would you maybe want those crossovers to be canon for both companies?

I for one would like there to be some canon crossovers so long as they're well written and don't tread all over one character to the expense of another.

What do you think?

srankmissingnin
Brubaker and Rucka on a Daredevil / Batman crossover, Jae Lee on pencils.

marwash22
I'd like to see some sort of interaction between...

Holt and Stark
Palmer and Pym

pretty much any of the counterparts would be cool to see.

steverules_2
Deathstroke/Deadpool, but I think it happened...dunno when or where though

theICONiac
Primal Monitor Vs Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

This site would implode/explode over the ramifications.

blowupblowupblowup

Omega Vision
Originally posted by steverules_2
Deathstroke/Deadpool, but I think it happened...dunno when or where though
I'd like a team up between classic Deadpool and Deathstroke.

JakeTheBank
Captain Marvel/Thor or Wonder Woman/Thor would be cool. I'd also like to see an Invaders/JSA wartime one, too.

Digi
I think Marvel/Thor already happened once, no? Or am I confusing team-ups?

I want to see a better-done DC/Wildstorm crossover. Their attempt at one was botched, because it became continuity only for the WS characters, not DC. And since it was dream representations of DC heroes by an adolescent reality manipulator, we can't really glean anything about either side. But the potential there was amazing, and there were some truly awesome moments in the series, warts and all.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Digi
I think Marvel/Thor already happened once, no? Or am I confusing team-ups?

They fought in Marvel vs. DC. In an issue of Power of Shazam taking place after the cross-over, Cap recalls his battle with the "thunder god", so in a way, DC recognized it as canon, I suppose. Or at least hinted at it.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Omega Vision

I for one would like there to be some canon crossovers so long as they're well written and don't tread all over one character to the expense of another.

What do you think?

New Gods, Marvel Gods crossover - written by either Morisson or Gaiman. Uses Platonic Idealism and String theory to explain the meta physics of literature, ties all deities together as a the incarnations of certain ideas, as a metaphoric immune system of literature to protect and guide the lower physical levels of reality from themselves - this because the Ideal realm is dependent on the physical realm, and conscious thought. Although the Ideal realm is the origin of meta physics, it lives in a symbiosis in a symbiosis with the physical realm. For example certain cancerous entities threaten all sentient beings, which would lead to the destruction of both the Ideal and physical realms - Gods act as transcendent immune system, to keep these cancerous entities in check, while simultanoeously guiding sentient thought, to ensure the prosperity of both realms. This Ideal realm is validated by string theory, which shows the Ideal realm to exist in a transcendent higher Dimensions of time and space.

SamZED
Originally posted by steverules_2
Deathstroke/Deadpool, but I think it happened...dunno when or where though Superman/Batman annual 1 I think. Its concidered to be DC's non-official Deadpool/Deathstroke crossover. The guy was supposed to be an alt reality Deathstroke, but had a better HF, acted exactly like Deadpool and every time he was about to introduce himself he'd get interrupted at "Dea...". Slade almost cried while trying to kill him.

Mindship
Silver Surfer / Superman + Batman (Batman gets some prep time, so this time there can be an actual fight).

Herbie Popnecker / Squirrel Girl

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
New Gods, Marvel Gods crossover - written by either Morisson or Gaiman. Uses Platonic Idealism and String theory to explain the meta physics of literature, ties all deities together as a the incarnations of certain ideas, as a metaphoric immune system of literature to protect and guide the lower physical levels of reality from themselves - this because the Ideal realm is dependent on the physical realm, and conscious thought. Although the Ideal realm is the origin of meta physics, it lives in a symbiosis in a symbiosis with the physical realm. For example certain cancerous entities threaten all sentient beings, which would lead to the destruction of both the Ideal and physical realms - Gods act as transcendent immune system, to keep these cancerous entities in check, while simultanoeously guiding sentient thought, to ensure the prosperity of both realms. This Ideal realm is validated by string theory, which shows the Ideal realm to exist in a transcendent higher Dimensions of time and space. Then at the end of the crossover Superman saves the day.

Omega Vision
New Gods, Marvel Gods crossover - written by either Morisson or Gaiman. Uses Platonic Idealism and String theory to explain the meta physics of literature, ties all deities together as a the incarnations of certain ideas, as a metaphoric immune system of literature to protect and guide the lower physical levels of reality from themselves - this because the Ideal realm is dependent on the physical realm, and conscious thought. Although the Ideal realm is the origin of meta physics, it lives in a symbiosis in a symbiosis with the physical realm. For example certain cancerous entities threaten all sentient beings, which would lead to the destruction of both the Ideal and physical realms - Gods act as transcendent immune system, to keep these cancerous entities in check, while simultanoeously guiding sentient thought, to ensure the prosperity of both realms. This Ideal realm is validated by string theory, which shows the Ideal realm to exist in a transcendent higher Dimensions of time and space.
That sounds like Morrison more than Gaiman. laughing out loud

But I would certainly read that.

TheTyrant
Apocalypse-Wonder Woman, with CIS and PIS off. It would be fun to see Apoc turn his arm into a sword and stab Diana in the heart like Crucifer nearly did.

Also, a Galactus-Krona rematch. An actual fight, not the one we saw in JLA/Avengers.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Apocalypse-Wonder Woman, with CIS and PIS off. It would be fun to see Apoc turn his arm into a sword and stab Diana in the heart like Crucifer nearly did.

Also, a Galactus-Krona rematch. An actual fight, not the one we saw in JLA/Avengers.

laughing

no expression

TheTyrant
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing

no expression

It happened in an actual comic. Are you going to deny that? Apocalypse >>>> Crucifer > Wonder Woman.

JakeTheBank
It happened in an actual comic. Are you going to deny that? Apocalypse >>>> Crucifer > Wonder Woman.

Well, you wholeheartedly believe that Apoc is an actual skyfather being, so any arguments I make will fall on deaf ears.

TheTyrant
Well, you wholeheartedly believe that Apoc is an actual skyfather being, so any arguments I make will fall on deaf ears.

Sub-skyfather thank you very much.

I still want to see a scan of fully powered Apocalypse losing a fight.

marwash22
on a versus level, i've always wanted to see an all out Superman vs Thor, mostly just so i can see Superman get his smug face caved in by mjolnir.

JakeTheBank

I still want to see a scan of fully powered Apocalypse losing a fight.

And I want a scan of Apoc growing 10000 feet tall and flicking people into orbit.

Omega Vision
Is turning every thread into an Apoc wankfest a reportable offense? mhmm

HueyFreeman

I still want to see a scan of fully powered Apocalypse losing a fight. If Poccy is sub skyfather than I vote for Rhino to be cube being level. stick out tongue

cdtm

What do you think?

Thundercats/Battle of the Planets was a good crossover, but only treated as canon in the BOTP universe. The Thundercats wasn't even written like their official comic counterparts. For the better, imo..

I'd love to see another one from the same writer. Mum-Ra beat the hell out of Zoltar!

TheTyrant

Indeed.

Omega Vision
Indeed.
Please tell me you didn't just do that. facepalm

TheTyrant
Please tell me you didn't just do that. facepalm

I went there. You wanted out opinions and I gave you my opinion.

Omega Vision
I went there. You wanted out opinions and I gave you my opinion.
But agreeing with yourself is...disturbingly sad.

JakeTheBank
But agreeing with yourself is...disturbingly sad.

I agree.

And I want a scan of Apoc growing 10000 feet tall and flicking people into orbit.

This guy knows where it's at. Pretty savvy. thumb up

galactusischere
Superman/Thor
Wonder Woman/Sersi
Thanos/Darkseid
Galactus/Imperiex
Apocalypse/Kyle Rayner

Cartesian Doubt

Well its looks like Morison must have read my idea smile

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=2333&page=3

GGS
I wouldn't mind seeing a Marvel and DC character getting married.

The only thing is Disney/Warner and the fanbois would go ape and then theres the whole which universe would they live in and who owns the kids etc. etc., what stories are they allowed to appear in, are they allowed to be killed off, will they be powered up or down etc. etc......

But if they were sensible about it, it could actually work imo.

majid86
Dr Strange/Superman
Silver Surfer/Flash
Iron Man/Green Lantern

PRAYERRUN
Batman/Nick Fury
Captain America/ Gi Joe
Green Lantern/Silver Surfer/ Star Trek

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty sure DC vs. Marvel was definitely cannon at the time it came out. Both writers came out and said so in an interview IRCC.

A few people think it was retconned due to the fact that no one remembered each other in JLA/Avengers, but how applicable that crossover would be is debatable. From what I can gather, it was intended to be in a purely self contained Universe, but Busiek was given the green light on the DC end so it became referenced there in different places. I've also seen some argue that after the crossover ended and the Universes separated, the respective heroes gradually lost memory of the events. It's been a while since I read the entire story so I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Endless Mike
TOAA and The Presence/Primal Monitor go bowling

roughrider
Superman/Thor
New Gods/Eternals

Stoic
I for one would love to see a Thanos vs Darkseid crossover, but it would have to be well written/well sketched, and cover at the very least two prestige format books. You know something like "For the Fate of Apocalypse".

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by cdtm
Thundercats/Battle of the Planets was a good crossover, but only treated as canon in the BOTP universe. The Thundercats wasn't even written like their official comic counterparts. For the better, imo..

I'd love to see another one from the same writer. Mum-Ra beat the hell out of Zoltar!
I love that story. Though I disagree that they were written out of character. It was just like there 2004 characters, unless ur talking the comics from early mid 90's which ive never read.

also are you certain it not cannon for them?

Also really enjoyed the cross over with the thunder cats and superman which I believe is cannon. Do you know if it is? it seemed to be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.