Wolverine, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel vs. Superman, King Hyperion, Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
They fight each one separately, not together. Each fight starts with Cage being allowed to charge in and get the first punch to the face in.

Which fights can they win?

1) Count Nefaria
2) Superman
3) King Hyperion
4) Gladiator

Joker793
They can win the first fight with count as they already did
rest destroy them

byrdgang21
team 1 goes winless

basilisk
I guess the question is how well would the team attack of combined energy absorption, a brick, and someone with razor-sharp adamantium claws go against these guys as compared to Count Jobberia, er... Nefaria.

Luke Cage: Damn. We're facing a guy who took on a whole Avengers team including Vision, Wonder Man, and Thor, and gave them hell, then laughed off a combined attack from Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Iron Man, Giant Man, Scarlet Witch, Cap, and a buncha others like it was nothing! We need to fight smart... we need help... I know, I'll get... WOLVERINE!!!

Wild Shadow
why do ppl get butthurt for wolverine doing what he was designed to do from the start?" hello adamantium claws ppl.. it dont matter if you thor/hulk or anyone else they are going in... ppl need to stop crying and except what he's bn doing for over 30 yrs

basilisk
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
why do ppl get butthurt for wolverine doing what he was designed to do from the start?" hello adamantium claws ppl.. it dont matter if you thor/hulk or anyone else they are going in... ppl need to stop crying and except what he's bn doing for over 30 yrs
Not quite from the start, since it was specifically stated in his first appearance that his adamantium claws couldn't hurt or cut the Hulk. That was changed later on. And don't get me wrong, Wolverine was one of my favorite characters as a kid, but I just think they take him way too far at times.

Even so, he has also been shown to not be able to cut through some force fields energy barriers etc. IMO I wouldn't expect him to cut Gladiator or Superman like he did Nefaria. Some characters' invulnerability is more than just tough skin.

The Nuul
None, any one of the Supes could easily win for the stompage.

Wild Shadow
of course he has had trouble with force fields it is a repelling force not the same as simply dense skin.. also his claws have shown to cut or cancel certain types of energy fields so it all depends what the shield is designed to do or how it is designed to operate.
in his 1st appearance it showed that logan could not slash hulk's skin but in the same comic you see logan go for a head swiped and blood was drawn showing hulk did take some minor damage from logan.. anyways it was later retconned that logan did cut hulk it was just logan was unable to notice it due to hulks healing factor which was later added for hulks powers..

besides i am not impressed by supes bio aura never have bn gladiator is a different thing altogether..

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by basilisk
Not quite from the start, since it was specifically stated in his first appearance that his adamantium claws couldn't hurt or cut the Hulk. That was changed later on. And don't get me wrong, Wolverine was one of my favorite characters as a kid, but I just think they take him way too far at times.

Even so, he has also been shown to not be able to cut through some force fields energy barriers etc. IMO I wouldn't expect him to cut Gladiator or Superman like he did Nefaria. Some characters' invulnerability is more than just tough skin.

That's correct, but they were diamond hard then, not indestructible. And it was explained later that Hulk was just healing too fast.

Anyway, it's Luke Cage that Bendis wanks the most. I really hope Daredevil kicks his ass.

of course he has had trouble with force fields it is a repelling force not the same as simply dense skin.. also his claws have shown to cut or cancel certain types of energy fields so it all depends what the shield is designed to do or how it is designed to operate.
in his 1st appearance it showed that logan could not slash hulk's skin but in the same comic you see logan go for a head swiped and blood was drawn showing hulk did take some minor damage from logan.. anyways it was later retconned that logan did cut hulk it was just logan was unable to notice it due to hulks healing factor which was later added for hulks powers..

besides i am not impressed by supes bio aura never have bn gladiator is a different thing altogether..

Huh? When was the blood drawn? You mean in the recaps?

Wild Shadow
yeh.. recap.. i should have seriously paid attention in my english class with past, present tense

Omega Vision
They don't even clear 1. Also the ordering sucks: it should go Gladiator, Superman, King Hyperion.

basilisk
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That's correct, but they were diamond hard then, not indestructible. And it was explained later that Hulk was just healing too fast.

Actually they were indestructible from the beginning, because he states clearly in that issue that they are forged of adamantium.

But yes, the HF thing was rewritten later and retconned in.

Huh? When was the blood drawn? You mean in the recaps?

In the issue I didn't see any blood and Wolverine states that the claws can't pierce Hulk's hide. I don't think there was supposed to be blood.

Interestingly, in the What If based on the story (written before the HF retcon), Wolverine finds that the skin of Hulk's neck is a weak spot and eventually slashes through it. Without the HF in the story Hulk bleeds and dies.

basilisk
Originally posted by Omega Vision
They don't even clear 1. Also the ordering sucks: it should go Gladiator, Superman, King Hyperion.

No ordering intended. It is separate fights not a gauntlet.

StiltmanFTW
yeh.. recap.. i should have seriously paid attention in my english class with past, present tense

What's hilarious is that Way tried so hard to make Logan look like a chump in that fight (Original Sin retcon), yet in issue 41 we see a recap of Hulk vs. Wolverine and cuts are visible.

StiltmanFTW
Actually they were indestructible from the beginning, because he states clearly in that issue that they are forged of adamantium.

But yes, the HF thing was rewritten later and retconned in.

Diamond hard adamantium.

In the issue I didn't see any blood and Wolverine states that the claws can't pierce Hulk's hide. I don't think there was supposed to be blood.

Interestingly, in the What If based on the story (written before the HF retcon), Wolverine finds that the skin of Hulk's neck is a weak spot and eventually slashes through it. Without the HF in the story Hulk bleeds and dies.

Yeah, in IH 181 there was no Hulk blood. WS was talking about this:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4232/hulkclassicbattlessf4.jpg (credit to jinzin)

I know, I read that. We didn't see any blood either though vin Censorship...

basilisk
Diamond hard adamantium.

That's just his layman's description. Given that adamantium was introduced in Marvel in the 60's years before this and its properties as effectively indestructible were well established, there was never any question that Wolverine had indestructible claws. It just wasn't clear if they were part of him. But he states outright that they are adamantium from the start. That wasn't a retcon.

Konton
Originally posted by The Nuul
None, any one of the Supes could easily win for the stompage.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision

I agree, the ordering is wrong, it should be: Supes, Gladiator, King Hyperion.

carver9
By the way, adamantium claws has already failed against King Hyperion and Gladiator.

JakeTheBank
Is Bendis writing the matches? That's the real question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.