DC's Most Powerful Mages vs Marvel's Most Powerful Mutants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
1. HOM Scarlet Witch
2. WCP Jean
3. Mad Jim Jaspers
4. Meggan
5. Franklin Richards
6. Iceman
7. Jamie Braddock

Mages:
1. World's Funnest Mxy
2. LO3W/Infinity Mordru
3. Tim Hunter @ Full potential
4. Amythyst @ Full potential
5. Dr. Fate w/ Ring of Life
6. Trinity Morgan le Fey
7. Fully powered Eclipso

Xplosive
Mutant tam wins.

Gecko4lif
Team 2

Lord Feron
wtf is mxy here for?

Colossus-Big C
mxy is team 2 only chance

Lord Feron
But he aint a mage!

Omega Vision
Isn't Tim Hunter's theoretical Full Potential something that would rival the Presence?

I'd say his full potential is really hard to gauge.

Konton
Team Mxy for me.

TheTyrant
LOL at Iceman being here.

Yeah iceman is way out of his league.

Are the imps magical?

The Nuul
Originally posted by TheTyrant
LOL at Iceman being here.

Apoc would have been much better, amrite?

the Darkone
Protege will would have been better.

JakeTheBank
Team Mxy wins.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by The Nuul
Apoc would have been much better, amrite?

Obviously. The Apocalypse would make everyone on team DC beg for mercy.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Yeah iceman is way out of his league.

Are the imps magical?
It depends, sometimes its magic, sometimes its explained as Clarke's Third Law style technology that is so sufficiently advanced that it seems like reality warping sorcery.

As of now though the fact that the 5D is tied to the Sorcerer's World (a bullshit retcon, but that's another story entirely) pretty much cements the Imps' powers as magic based.

Mxy has been referred to as a sorcerer many times.

Then again Batman once said magic was just the science of another dimension, and Batman is always right. sneer

Prep-Man
Yep, and I'm using Iceman that was in X-men Forever or shown that he was an omega mutant.

amnesia
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yep, and I'm using Iceman that was in X-men Forever or shown that he was an omega mutant.

Beyonder is more powerful, inhumans are mutants, right?

Prep-Man
I thought Beyonder was a cosmic cube or something.

kgkg
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Isn't Tim Hunter's theoretical Full Potential something that would rival the Presence?

I'd say his full potential is really hard to gauge. Potential is really stupid in comics though.

Humans have the potential to be abstract meh.

If you believe than you can achieve.

Warlord
team one Wanda and Jaspers on the same team is too much

galactusischere
Jammie Braddock, Jaspers and Wanda > Mxy IMHO and that is the deciding factor.

amnesia
I thought Beyonder was a cosmic cube or something.

Nope, it turned out he was an inhuman. Stupid retcons i disagree with though.

supremthor
MXY Team win

"Id"
Iceman should be replaced with the Marquis of Death.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by galactusischere

Mxy isn't the only powerful mage on the team. IIRC, Tim was able to create a multiverse with a fraction of his power. Eclipso is at high Spectre level as well.

-Pr-

current iceman is omega.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -Pr-
current iceman is omega.

Does he have any crazy feats under his belt?

I would like to point out that omega mutants are simply born omega as it means unlimited god-like potential determined by their genes, not actually developed power level. Most confirmed omegas aren't all that impressive at the levels they actually reached.

All traits usually ascribed to omega mutants such as sub-atomic manipulation of matter, the potential to survive one's physical body, extreme energy manipulation, some kind of reality warping etc. are really fan-made and few confirmed omegas actually displayed them.

The only way to tell with certainty whether or not a character is omega is to have it explicitly stated on panel. Many characters, like magneto, chuck and exodus are strong candidates, but have never been confirmed beyond doubt. In fact, even the SW hasn't been confirmed as one to my knowledge.

Therefore, the fact that iceman is an omega means jack, cause he doesn't have the power or feats for this battle. He is way out of his league.

Originally posted by amnesia
Beyonder is more powerful, inhumans are mutants, right?

In a way they are. The krees used experiments on ancient humans to awaken the latent powers the celestials inserted in them. Those very same powers ecloded naturally in the natural born mutant population later on.

Nope, it turned out he was an inhuman. Stupid retcons i disagree with though.

That contradicts way too much canon crap. It's simpler to believe he was playing mind games with them.

amnesia
Originally posted by 753
That contradicts way too much canon crap. It's simpler to believe he was playing mind games with them.

I just wish he kept being the ultimate power in the MU smile

Bouboumaster
Team 1, because of Wanda

BlackZero30x

Then again Batman once said magic was just the science of another dimension, and Batman is always right. sneer

enough said thumb up

EDIT: Team 1

the ninjak
Wanda and Jaspers cement this fight once they eliminate Mxy.

amnesia
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 1, because of Wanda

Spectre/=LT

Mxy >> spectre.

Konton

Jaspers... maybe.

The other two?

iceman24567
Originally posted by The Nuul
Apoc would have been much better, amrite? LOL Bobby Drake would push Apocs shit in

galactusischere
Spectre/=LT

Mxy >> spectre.

spectre <<<<< LT

Originally posted by Konton
Jaspers... maybe.

The other two?

I meant all 3 of them together. Not them individually.

iceman24567
Lt = Spectre no expression

galactusischere
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lt = Spectre no expression

based on?

iceman24567
based on? seriously? Both are the right hands of the creators. The supreme beings just based on that

seriously? Both are the right hands of the creators. The supreme beings just based on that

But the spectre fluctuates and blunders. A fully backed spectre would be the same as LT but he never gets there just liek the hulk has inifinite strengh potential but his highest showings arent beyond trans level of power output.

amnesia
spectre <<<<< LT

I meant all 3 of them together. Not them individually.

If Mxy is omnipotent, reality warping isn't going to do anything to him.

galactusischere
If Mxy is omnipotent, reality warping isn't going to do anything to him.

Except Mxy isn't omnipotent.

amnesia
Except Mxy isn't omnipotent.

Worlds funniest was. And couldn't emperor joker do ANYTHING when he only possessed 99.99% of his powers? Mxy has better feats then beyonder IMO

galactusischere
Worlds funniest was. And couldn't emperor joker do ANYTHING when he only possessed 99.99% of his powers? Mxy has better feats then beyonder IMO

Wrong and no expression

Beyonder casually shattered a barier that was stronger the entire multi-verse(omniverse). Furthermore, the LT trembled in fear when he found out of his power.

Omega Vision
Wrong and no expression

Beyonder casually shattered a barier that was stronger the entire multi-verse(omniverse). Furthermore, the LT trembled in fear when he found out of his power.
of him to just speak with him.
Multiverse=/=Omniverse. erm

Apparently SBP and bizarro zatanna or whatever were enough to beat him, so I dont think he is omnipotent. The world's funniest is his highest showing and matches the Chaos Wave, but it is an unsually high, not to mention bizarre, feat for him. With the 3 of them against him, I think he'd lose. His victory over the spectre doesnt put him above the LT because the Spectre has no consistancy. If the Presence really had the Spectre's back, he couldn't have lost.

galactusischere
Multiverse=/=Omniverse. erm

There was no such thing as omniverse back then. Multi-verse was as big as you could possibly get.

Omega Vision
There was no such thing as omniverse back then. Multi-verse was as big as you could possibly get.
So why call it an Omniverse? By the same logic you could say AM destroyed most of the DC Omniverse because at the time that was all there was. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I would like to point that these terms are inconsistant crap and mean nothing.

iceman24567
Originally posted by 753
But the spectre fluctuates and blunders. A fully backed spectre would be the same as LT but he never gets there just liek the hulk has inifinite strengh potential but his highest showings arent beyond trans level of power output. We were discussing a full powered Spectre tough

Juk3n
why the shit is iceman in the top 10 most powerful mutants?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Juk3n
why the shit is iceman in the top 10 most powerful mutants? mad

Juk3n
mad

search your heart , you know it to be true!

iceman24567
Originally posted by Juk3n
search your heart , you know it to be true! sad

We were discussing a full powered Spectre tough

Full powered spectre doesn't exist, we can only go by his highest showings. If he is fuly backed by the presence, than mxy would have no chance against him.

iceman24567
Originally posted by 753
Full powered spectre doesn't exist, we can only go by his highest showings. If he is fuly backed by the presence, than mxy would have no chance against him. Just because he's full backed by the presence doesn't mean he gets a auto win no expression

Galan007
Originally posted by 753
Are the imps magical? Imps actually use 5-D tech to do... What they do. However, said tech is perceived as magic to lesser dimensional beings - thus, it is treated like magic by lesser dimensional beings. *enter Sorcerers' World, and such* glare

Just because he's full backed by the presence doesn't mean he gets a auto win no expression

Actually it does, because there is no power in DCU greater than the presence - if you believe the primal monitor is not the presence, he'd be above it, but he'd be the only one - seen as the spectre has no inherent power level or limit of his own, he is as strong as the presence sees fit. If the presence wants him to win, he wins. Fully backed, he'd be as powerfull as the presence itself and he'd take a dump over mxy.

Black bolt z
Would it be too much to say mxy solos?I thought mxy was above presence?

amnesia
Originally posted by 753
Actually it does, because there is no power in DCU greater than the presence - if you believe the primal monitor is not the presence, he'd be above it, but he'd be the only one - seen as the spectre has no inherent power level or limit of his own, he is as strong as the presence sees fit. If the presence wants him to win, he wins. Fully backed, he'd be as powerfull as the presence itself and he'd take a dump over mxy.

So, TOAA>presence?

So, TOAA>presence?

Equals if you belive the presence and the primal monitor are the same. Above if you belive the presence is just a germ inside the primal monitor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.