Superman,Thanos Surfer,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
In overall power sets are these guys at least skyfather level?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by BattleMage
In overall power sets are these guys at least skyfather level? NO.... no expression

the guy with more god like powers is Surfer but his powerout put its not Close enough to put him there..

BattleMage
Alright thanks.

Galan007
Surfer/Supes are heralds. Thanos is sub-skyfather.

Also, this isn't a vs. thread.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Galan007
Surfer/Supes are heralds. Thanos is sub-skyfather.

Also, this isn't a vs. thread. I know but where should i have gone?

Galan007
Originally posted by BattleMage
I know but where should i have gone? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html

BattleMage
Thanks Galanoo7

SS and Super man are high heralds, I would say that SS is the highest one in that tier, bordering on the trans level, which is the next one. Thanos is trans level.

There is a thread here that has the tiers, from human level to transcedental level, and the characters are ranked according to the dominant perceptions of the people who were posting in it back then. But it's closed now and some of the classifications are off in my opinion. Don't know how to find that thread either.

Black bolt z
Thanos is low to mid skyfather,surfer is high herald,and supes is mid to high herald.

-Pr-
by feats, yes, by powerset, no.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -Pr-
by feats, yes, by powerset, no. shifty

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html Galan just layed down the law using the fan voted tier system.

by feats, yes, by powerset, no.

You mean thanos doesn't have the powerset of a skyfather?

Can you post the link to the tier thread please?

amnesia
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos is low to mid skyfather,surfer is high herald,and supes is mid to high herald.

Mid sky father? More like abstract amiright?

Bouboumaster
Thanos ---> Skyfather
Superman and Silver Surfer ---> High Herald (I would say that Surfer is the most powerful herald)

carver9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos ---> Skyfather
Superman and Silver Surfer ---> High Herald (I would say that Surfer is the most powerful herald)

Naah, I think Surfer AND Thor are equals, leaving the rest of the heralds behind. Versatility of Surfer and Thor is equal and power output is equal and the physical stats is equal.

They are equals.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by carver9
Naah, I think Surfer AND Thor are equals, leaving the rest of the heralds behind. Versatility of Surfer and Thor is equal and power output is equal and the physical stats is equal.

They are equals.

Surfer have an edge in the versatility because of the Cosmic Awarness and have a huuuuuge speed advantage too.

carver9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer have an edge in the versatility because of the Cosmic Awarness and have a huuuuuge speed advantage too.

I agree, he does have a speed advantage but Versatility, nope, both have so much on panel showings of different things powerset wise that it is just crazy.

They are equals.

carver9
And if we look at power out put, Thor has Surfer beat if we go by showings. Surfer FAILED to even put a scratch on aegis OR tenebrous with his attacks but we have Thor injuring Celestials and Galactus himself. What feats does Surfer have under his belt showing that he can hurt beings that Thor has injured?

And if we look at power out put, Thor has Surfer beat if we go by showings. Surfer FAILED to even put a scratch on aegis OR tenebrous with his attacks but we have Thor injuring Celestials and Galactus himself. What feats does Surfer have under his belt showing that he can hurt beings that Thor has injured?

SS did kill aegis and tenebras, they were above celestials and galatus was starved/that story was crap. Thor does have an energy absorption edge.

carver9
Originally posted by 753
SS did kill aegis and tenebras, they were above celestials and galatus was starved/that story was crap. Thor does have an energy absorption edge.

confused I could have sworn the crunch had more to do with their deaths than Surfers power.

Surfer doesnt have the feats of damaging beings that Thor has damaged under his belt.

carver9
By the way, Thor has injured Galactus twice to my knowledge.

confused I could have sworn the crunch had more to do with their deaths than Surfers power.

Surfer doesnt have the feats of damaging beings that Thor has damaged under his belt.

It was the nature of the crunch's energies that allowed him to overcome the power gap and kill them, but it was his energy manipulation feat nonetheless. He wielded enough of the most destructive energy in the cosmos to overhelm 2 beings equal to galactus and survived its corrosive effect long enough to do it.

Thor has never delivered so much damage to anyone so powerfull. Maybe because he was never in the same situation, but the same holds true for Surfer and Thor's feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Crunch feat was Surfer directing the energies of the crunch at T and A. That's all.

There really isn't anything more to it. And as far as I can tell, there aren't any previous references about the Crunch's energies for us to judge how difficult it was to manipulate said energies. Hold on, thinking about it, wasn't the Kyln prison powered by the Crunch?

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The Crunch feat was Surfer directing the energies of the crunch at T and A. That's all.

There really isn't anything more to it. And as far as I can tell, there aren't any previous references about the Crunch's energies for us to judge how difficult it was to manipulate said energies. Hold on, thinking about it, wasn't the Kyln prison powered by the Crunch?

It used the crunch's pull to keep those beings subdued I think, but nobody knows who built it.

Galactus says the crunch energies would kill him in instants (like it did A&T) or something to that effect, so taking a dive in it and wielding its power effectivelly is a very big deal. Specially for a creature of his relative insignificance like the SS.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
It used the crunch's pull to keep those beings subdued I think, but nobody knows who built it.

Galactus says the crunch energies would kill him in instants (like it did A&T) or something to that effect, so taking a dive in it and wielding its power effectivelly is a very big deal. Specially for a creature of his relative insignificance like the SS.

As I recall it draws it's power from the Crunch, feeding power to many worlds and is also an intergalactic prison.

Kill him in instants? erm

Galactus said that not even he can withstand channeling the energies of the Crunch for too long without being consumed.

It's a decent enough feat of willpower, durability and energy manipulation but that's about it.

kgkg
laughing out loud

quanchi112
As I recall it draws it's power from the Crunch, feeding power to many worlds and is also an intergalactic prison.

Kill him in instants? erm

Galactus said that not even he can withstand channeling the energies of the Crunch for too long without being consumed.

It's a decent enough feat of willpower, durability and energy manipulation but that's about it. Please, to defeat two beings who can defeat Galactus is an incredible showing for the Surfer.

carver9
Originally posted by 753

The crunch isnt a power source of the surfers so you using it as a debate isnt right. What Thor did was under his own power and Surfer doesnt have any feats close to it even though I still think they are equals and the most powerful of the high heralds.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Please, to defeat two beings who can defeat Galactus is an incredible showing for the Surfer.

It sure is but he didnt do it under his own power.

quanchi112
It sure is but he didnt do it under his own power. I know hence it can't be used for vs. battles but in general it's an insane feat for the Surfer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Please, to defeat two beings who can defeat Galactus is an incredible showing for the Surfer.

Not if you break down the feat. It's obviously something worth noting but that's about it in my opinion.

Maybe it's my own personal biased for such feats though. I'd rather have Norrin lose to T and A and go down fighting than defeat them with some outside plot device.

quanchi112
Not if you break down the feat. It's obviously something worth noting but that's about it in my opinion.

Maybe it's my own personal biased for such feats though. I'd rather have Norrin lose to T and A and go down fighting than defeat them with some outside plot device. No, even Galactus was impressed with the Surfer's resolve and ability to do so. It was an impressive showing and if this were Thor you'd be touting it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, even Galactus was impressed with the Surfer's resolve and ability to do so. It was an impressive showing and if this were Thor you'd be touting it.

Like I said, a nice showing of willpower and durability.

If Thor had done so with a Godblast or under his own power, you bet your ass I would. If he had however directed the power of the Crunch at them like Norrin did, I would've just said, "Meh. Decent energy manipulation feat." I just don't like victories that are dependent on outside plot devices.

quanchi112
Like I said, a nice showing of willpower and durability.

If Thor had done so with a Godblast or under his own power, you bet your ass I would. If he had however directed the power of the Crunch at them like Norrin did, I would've just said, "Meh. Decent energy manipulation feat." I just don't like victories that are dependent on outside plot devices. Because we can't use them for battle board feats that's why.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because we can't use them for battle board feats that's why.

Lol, I'm not that childish. I just like my characters achieving victories through their own power or at least not resorting to some foreign power.

quanchi112
Lol, I'm not that childish. I just like my characters achieving victories through their own power or at least not resorting to some foreign power. Because of the battleboards. You might not even be that aware of it but it's the reason I assure you.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos is on the Low to Mid Skyfather range... the other two are top of the class heralds.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
You mean thanos doesn't have the powerset of a skyfather?

Can you post the link to the tier thread please?

i was talking about norrin and clark, tbh.

Blanket
It's a decent enough feat of willpower, durability and energy manipulation but that's about it. http://i45.tinypic.com/vxjdjl.jpg

i was talking about norrin and clark, tbh.

So you're saying SS doesn't have the powerset of a high herald?

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
So you're saying SS doesn't have the powerset of a high herald?

a high herald, yes, a skyfather, no.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.