Mordru vs. Void

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Not sure if this one was done before...anywho, who wins?

TheTyrant
JSA Mordu wins.

Johnny Sorrow
miffed

supremthor
Mordru in a horrible Stomp

Slaanesh
i put Mordru on Odin level..so he'll probably win..

cdtm
Mordru took on the entire Legion.

JSA Mordru doesn't seem quite as powerful, although he did overpower Johnny Thunderbolt. Not sure if you can credit him for that, or if Thunderbolt simply stopped fighting after he carried out Jakeem's instructions.

Joker793
Mordru

Blanket
Originally posted by cdtm
Mordru took on the entire Legion.

JSA Mordru doesn't seem quite as powerful, although he did overpower Johnny Thunderbolt. Not sure if you can credit him for that, or if Thunderbolt simply stopped fighting after he carried out Jakeem's instructions.

Ya well, Void... can reform.

no expression

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Blanket
Ya well, Void... can reform.

no expression

/thread.

quanchi112
Void wins.

Galan007
Originally posted by supremthor

JakeTheBank
Mordru can't die, whether he wants to or not. And it looks like Void CAN die, he just has to choose it for himself. So it seems like Mordru's more immortal than Void is.

vin

bbrem123
haha^

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mordru can't die, whether he wants to or not. And it looks like Void CAN die, he just has to choose it for himself. So it seems like Mordru's more immortal than Void is.

vin Mordru can be defeated against his will. He gets defeated here.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
Mordru can be defeated against his will. He gets defeated here.

How?

quanchi112
How? Overpowered.

JakeTheBank
How?

Johnny Sorrow
How?

Good question.

quanchi112
MM style.

Estacado
Them bitches dont know bout ma tentacle........estahuh

JakeTheBank
MM style.

Mordru can reform, though. He can't die.

quanchi112
Mordru can reform, though. He can't die. He can't keep reforming and coming back at his will. He has limits whereas the Void doesn't at this point. He was defeated every time he showed up by someone else and even shown his end as some pathetic villain who can't win. Void only loses when he chooses to. Mordru can't win if his life depended on it.

Estacado
He can't keep reforming and coming back at his will. He has limits whereas the Void doesn't at this point. He was defeated every time he showed up by someone else and even shown his end as some pathetic villain who can't win. Void only loses when he chooses to. Mordru can't win if his life depended on it.
laughing out loud

Johnny Sorrow
He can't keep reforming and coming back at his will. He has limits whereas the Void doesn't at this point. He was defeated every time he showed up by someone else and even shown his end as some pathetic villain who can't win. Void only loses when he chooses to. Mordru can't win if his life depended on it.

Yeah, he can. He's an energy being.

Void's limit: an exploding helicarrier. Mordru's limit: Doctor Fate/Nabu? A 5th-dimensional imp? An enraged Spectre e.g. DoV? The entire Legion of Superheroes and then some?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
laughing out loud Tis true. He was shown to be an older Mordru who loses at every turn. He was recently killed with all the magic in the universe also in legion of 3 worlds. Void wins all day.

cdtm
It took some major plot device amping to beat him in LO3W. Not exactly the low end showing you're making it.

And he has a history of soloing the Legion in his older form. Even conquered the universe once, after the death of original Time Trapper.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Yeah, he can. He's an energy being.

Void's limit: an exploding helicarrier. Mordru's limit: Doctor Fate/Nabu? A 5th-dimensional imp? An enraged Spectre e.g. DoV? The entire Legion of Superheroes and then some? The helicarrier didn't defeat him it brought bob out which allowed the heroes to beat him. Fate beat him.

Originally posted by cdtm
It took some major plot device amping to beat him in LO3W. Not exactly the low end showing you're making it.

And he has a history of soloing the Legion in his older form. Even conquered the universe once, after the death of original Time Trapper. It' not a low showing but even an amped Mordru can be defeated which was my point. Void can keep coming back. Mordru cannot. Point proven.

Johnny Sorrow
The helicarrier didn't defeat him it brought bob out which allowed the heroes to beat him. Fate beat him.

It' not a low showing but even an amped Mordru can be defeated which was my point. Void can keep coming back. Mordru cannot. Point proven.

The explosion reverted the Void back into Bob.

Mordru can be defeated, all bad guys can be defeated. That's how comic books work.

quanchi112
The explosion reverted the Void back into Bob.

Mordru can be defeated, all bad guys can be defeated. That's how comic books work. Not the Void. He was only defeated because he wanted to be.

Yes, that explosion which was far less on top of all the things unraveling in his life reverted him in that instant after all the horrible things he had recently done all provided the perfect storm to do so.

Void wins here.

Johnny Sorrow
Not the Void. He was only defeated because he wanted to be.

Yes, that explosion which was far less on top of all the things unraveling in his life reverted him in that instant after all the horrible things he had recently done all provided the perfect storm to do so.

Void wins here.

Gibberish much? Bob held onto his sanity long enough for Thor to land a killing blow. That doesn't mean no one can land a killing blow on the Void, and he was fighting a lackluster team of enemies at best. Or are you going to tell me about all those vague, unknown powerups of the Norn Stones? Even Loki says that the Norn Stones give context-dependent powers based on the people themselves.

So the Void can't be defeated by Eternity, Lucifer Morningstar, the Spectre, etc. if he doesn't want to be?

BerserkersRage
Mordru ftw

Not the Void. He was only defeated because he wanted to be.

Void wins here.

If forcing the Hulk to revert to Banner is considered a loss, then why isn't it for Void? Or is this just another attempt at humor on your part?

JakeTheBank
Okay, Quan, for my benefit so that I don't place Void in future threads where he clearly beats the competition, please tell me who does beat the Void? And no, it's not baiting, it's a simple, legitimate question. In your opinion, can you name off at least several people outside of the obvious such as the Presence/LT/or TOAA who can beat Void per a forum match? And yes, I figure Thanos with telepathy will be one of your choices, but anyone else?

I figured if you think none of these people can beat Void, you would have a good idea of who or what can.

quanchi112
Gibberish much? Bob held onto his sanity long enough for Thor to land a killing blow. That doesn't mean no one can land a killing blow on the Void, and he was fighting a lackluster team of enemies at best. Or are you going to tell me about all those vague, unknown powerups of the Norn Stones? Even Loki says that the Norn Stones give context-dependent powers based on the people themselves.

So the Void can't be defeated by Eternity, Lucifer Morningstar, the Spectre, etc. if he doesn't want to be? I never said that I said with the foes he has faced and amongst skyfather type characters he beats. Void reverted and Bob wanted to lose so he allowed Thor to kill him. He wanted Thor to do so.

Okay, Quan, for my benefit so that I don't place Void in future threads where he clearly beats the competition, please tell me who does beat the Void? And no, it's not baiting, it's a simple, legitimate question. In your opinion, can you name off at least several people outside of the obvious such as the Presence/LT/or TOAA who can beat Void per a forum match? And yes, I figure Thanos with telepathy will be one of your choices, but anyone else?

I figured if you think none of these people can beat Void, you would have a good idea of who or what can. Thanos can beat him. That's all I can think of at the moment. Honest. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by BerserkersRage
Mordru ftw

If forcing the Hulk to revert to Banner is considered a loss, then why isn't it for Void? Or is this just another attempt at humor on your part? Because it was he himself who reverted. He has control over what he does. Banner reverting can be forced by someone else's actions like the Rulk.

JakeTheBank
Thanos can beat him. That's all I can think of at the moment. Honest. laughing out loud

Well, it's a start, I guess.

And it's the telepathy that synches it in, then?

quanchi112
Well, it's a start, I guess.

And it's the telepathy that synches it in, then? Not just telepathy but being powerful enough to fend off his attacks and survive them while doing so at the same time. Most if not all telepaths get wrecked pretty quickly against the Void.

JakeTheBank
Not just telepathy but being powerful enough to fend off his attacks and survive them while doing so at the same time. Most if not all telepaths get wrecked pretty quickly against the Void.

So which other telepaths can survive then? Would it have to be someone with telepathy/other powers to fall back on, or just an extremely powerful psychic?

Johnny Sorrow
I never said that I said with the foes he has faced and amongst skyfather type characters he beats. Void reverted and Bob wanted to lose so he allowed Thor to kill him. He wanted Thor to do so.

You just repeated what I said.

You actually said this:

Void only loses when he chooses to./B]

Sounds like it applies to everyone.

BerserkersRage
Because it was he himself who reverted. He has control over what he does. Banner reverting can be forced by someone else's actions like the Rulk.

Well, your previous post had this to say:

I have seen the scans of the infamous helicarrier incident (no, I didn't read the comic) and it does look like Voids transformation back to Bob was forced by the helicarrier impact. Are you implying that if Thor didn't drop the helicarrier on his head, Void would have reverted back to Bob on his own? Just asking for clarification, since your 2 posts seem to contridict each other.

Omega Vision
Void can die if he wants to. Mordru couldn't die if he wanted to.

His timeline has no end and no beginning. Also if you want to badmouth Mordru as a villain well...he's accomplished way more than Void ever has and is feared throughout the DCU as one of the most dangerous evil magic users of all time.

Mordru wins here.

quanchi112
So which other telepaths can survive then? Would it have to be someone with telepathy/other powers to fall back on, or just an extremely powerful psychic? None that come to mind. Thanos is the only character I can see defeating him until we get to abstracts and what not in a forum battle.

You just repeated what I said.

You actually said this:

Sounds like it applies to everyone. Unless you can attack his mind while fending off his attacks. Thanos can do so but if you can just keep damaging him outside some stuff going on in his own head he isn't going to lose here.

Well, your previous post had this to say:

I have seen the scans of the infamous helicarrier incident (no, I didn't read the comic) and it does look like Voids transformation back to Bob was forced by the helicarrier impact. Are you implying that if Thor didn't drop the helicarrier on his head, Void would have reverted back to Bob on his own? Just asking for clarification, since your 2 posts seem to contridict each other. I am saying it was random and that a helicarrier drop doesn't cause this the entire issue along with the events that took place befforehand all caused this. The helicarrier doesn't cause this every time it gets dropped on him don't be so naive.

Originally posted by Omega Vision

His timeline has no end and no beginning. Also if you want to badmouth Mordru as a villain well...he's accomplished way more than Void ever has and is feared throughout the DCU as one of the most dangerous evil magic users of all time.

Mordru wins here. Void can come back if he wants to. Wasn't Mordru killed in legion of 3 worlds with all the magic in the universe no less?

Mordru gets defeated and has never went through great minds such as Strange and Reed without an answer how to defeat the Void. Mordru fails no matter who he faces. He has failure written all over him. He's mocked for it to boot.

Omega Vision

Mordru gets defeated and has never went through great minds such as Strange and Reed without an answer how to defeat the Void. Mordru fails no matter who he faces. He has failure written all over him. He's mocked for it to boot.
Its speculation on your part that Void can come back if he wants to. He chose to die and he's dead now. The end.

He was absorbed but not killed, his essence lives on. He can't be killed. Period. Its his destiny to be the only thing left after Death closes shop on the Universe.

Mordru didn't fail against full power Shazam in the ROE.

Mordru's never been clocked by a Helicarrier. And more importantly he isn't tied to the biggest loser in comics history: the Sentry. Anything related to the Sentry=fail.

quanchi112
Its speculation on your part that Void can come back if he wants to. He chose to die and he's dead now. The end.

He was absorbed but not killed, his essence lives on. He can't be killed. Period. Its his destiny to be the only thing left after Death closes shop on the Universe.

Mordru didn't fail against full power Shazam in the ROE.

Mordru's never been clocked by a Helicarrier. And more importantly he isn't tied to the biggest loser in comics history: the Sentry. Anything related to the Sentry=fail. You sure about that? Either way he was defeated so who cares.

Mordru escaped and was later defeated. Spectre showed up and defeated Shazam.

Mordru is mocked for his failure and how no matter who he faces he is slated to fail whereas the Void is above any earth force out there which includes Strange and Reed with prep.

Sentry is pure win and destroyed asgard, ripped ares in half, defeated the MM, burned out WW Hulk, took on Photon while holding back, held a cc, overloaded the Absorbing Man, crushed Doom, etc. What now? Yeah, Sentry/Void owns him.

Black bolt z
Overpowered. So someone who's immortal can't be overpowered but someone else who is more immortal can?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
So someone who's immortal can't be overpowered but someone else who is more immortal can? Being imoortal has nothing to do with being overpowered. The Void is powerful enough to do so whereas Mordru isn't as powerful as the Void.

BerserkersRage
The helicarrier doesn't cause this every time it gets dropped on him don't be so naive.

If I'm being naive, what's your excuse? LOL, besides, calling me naive seems like a compliment coming from you. At least I don't have a pre-conceived idea (as in Marvel over DC, ALWAYS), right or wrong, and spout it as truth. BTW, I didn't know that wasn't the first time a helicarrier was dropped on his head. I kinda figured after the first time Void would learn to get out of the way.

Also, if you want me to continue addressing you politely and with respect, I suggest you do the same.

Black bolt z

Mordru wins here. Spreading mordru love?

Omega Vision
You sure about that? Either way he was defeated so who cares.

Mordru escaped and was later defeated. Spectre showed up and defeated Shazam.

Mordru is mocked for his failure and how no matter who he faces he is slated to fail whereas the Void is above any earth force out there which includes Strange and Reed with prep.

Sentry is pure win and destroyed asgard, ripped ares in half, defeated the MM, burned out WW Hulk, took on Photon while holding back, held a cc, overloaded the Absorbing Man, crushed Doom, etc. What now? Yeah, Sentry/Void owns him.
Yes I'm sure. Because his essential character trait is the fact that he's intrinsic to the Universe.

He walked away victorious after tanking Shazam's best attack, absolutely humiliating Shazam, there's no way you can lowball that feat without being a complete tard/ignoring evidence. But then that's your Modus Operandi isn't it?

Who mocks him for his failure? Most people are terrified of him, which you would know if you read his comics. Also he's not slated to fail, in fact he's slated to get the last laugh on the Universe, outlasting everything else.

Sentry is fail and you know it. Ripping Ares in half is chump change compared to defeating Shazam and Thunderbolt in their places of power and fighting Nabu across multiple realities.

Black bolt z
Being imoortal has nothing to do with being overpowered. The Void is powerful enough to do so whereas Mordru isn't as powerful as the Void. Once again your argument translates to
Quan:My character wins because I like him more

Void can die when he wants to but mordru can't die at all.Come up with real evidence.

cdtm
Yes I'm sure. Because his essential character trait is the fact that he's intrinsic to the Universe.

He walked away victorious after tanking Shazam's best attack, absolutely humiliating Shazam, there's no way you can lowball that feat without being a complete tard/ignoring evidence. But then that's your Modus Operandi isn't it?

Who mocks him for his failure? Most people are terrified of him, which you would know if you read his comics. Also he's not slated to fail, in fact he's slated to get the last laugh on the Universe, outlasting everything else.

Sentry is fail and you know it. Ripping Ares in half is chump change compared to defeating Shazam and Thunderbolt in their places of power and fighting Nabu across multiple realities.

Mordru can defeat Void, no doubt.

Not too many characters can solo the Legion of Super Heroes, and make it competitive.. We're talking a team that makes a career of defeating cosmic threats.

Tattoos N Scars
I never said that I said with the foes he has faced and amongst skyfather type characters he beats. Void reverted and Bob wanted to lose so he allowed Thor to kill him. He wanted Thor to do so.

Thanos can beat him. That's all I can think of at the moment. Honest. laughing out loud

So, Void could beat Galactus, Shuma Gorath, the Celestials, Mad Jim Jaspers, etc?

quanchi112
If I'm being naive, what's your excuse? LOL, besides, calling me naive seems like a compliment coming from you. At least I don't have a pre-conceived idea (as in Marvel over DC, ALWAYS), right or wrong, and spout it as truth. BTW, I didn't know that wasn't the first time a helicarrier was dropped on his head. I kinda figured after the first time Void would learn to get out of the way.

Also, if you want me to continue addressing you politely and with respect, I suggest you do the same. I don't always give marvel characters the wins over dc ones. You don't seem to understand that's a myth.

The Void was fighting multiple characters from every side of him and even after he was winning Loki interefered with the rune stones. In these threads it's void vs. one character at a time and not entire teams and hidden allies providing amps throughout the fight.

Sentry is fail and you know it. Ripping Ares in half is chump change compared to defeating Shazam and Thunderbolt in their places of power and fighting Nabu across multiple realities. He didn't defeat Shazam so I hardly say leaving after tricking Shazam is something overtly impressive.

I am not lowballing it I am saying had he defeated Shazam then it would have been impressive but he simply left.

He's mocked in the jsa when they tell him his future about ho whe fails left and right and despite his never ending nature he is always destined to be a loser against whatever heroes he faces. uit doesn't matter he finds a way to lose.

He never defeated Shazam in his place of power the Spectre did.

Beating the Mm is a showing to be proud of. Sentry was just getting warmed up when he ripped ares in half.

Void wins.

Once again your argument translates to
Quan:My character wins because I like him more

Void can die when he wants to but mordru can't die at all.Come up with real evidence. Mordru can be defeated it happens all the time. Void defeats him rather quickly. Strange with prep couldn't phase the guy with earth backing him up.

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
So, Void could beat Galactus, Shuma Gorath, the Celestials, Mad Jim Jaspers, etc? That's too off topic for me.

Prep-Man
Current Mordru is depowered. JSA Mordru wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Current Mordru is depowered. JSA Mordru wins. How does he win?

ares834

The Void was fighting multiple characters from every side of him and even after he was winning Loki interefered with the rune stones.
Very true. And for some god forsaken reason he was simply sitting there and not attacking anyone, besides Loki, had he actually attacked they all would have been f*cked.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Very true. And for some god forsaken reason he was simply sitting there and not attacking anyone, besides Loki, had he actually attacked they all would have been f*cked. We knew he couldn't win so of course he isn't going to start killing off avengers left and right. Taking out ares and Loki was pretty cool though. Loki is extremely hard to kill and Void just ended him like nothing.

Philosophía
Mordru stomps.

Blanket

quanchi112

Omega Vision
how?
By being more powerful than Void by a mile?

At least the Mordru that fought Shazam, don't know about the most recent incarnation.

quanchi112
By being more powerful than Void by a mile?

At least the Mordru that fought Shazam, don't know about the most recent incarnation. So Mordru has limitless power? Proof?

Omega Vision
So Mordru has limitless power? Proof?
You don't need limitless power to beat Void. You just need to be a decent Skyfather, which Mordru is.

quanchi112
You don't need limitless power to beat Void. You just need to be a decent Skyfather, which Mordru is. Who has done so?

Omega Vision
Who has done so?
Sentry for one thing. Sentry who's High Herald at best.

Philosophía
how? Originally posted by quanchi112
Please, tell me how he does so. That made me smile.

quanchi112
Sentry for one thing. Sentry who's High Herald at best. Sentry is him so that's why he beats him. Now seriously give me an example of someone who isn't the same person who beats him.

Blanket

quanchi112

Philosophía
It's a well known fact Quan copies what he sees.
http://i46.tinypic.com/28mioth.jpg
Let's hope it works.
Can you please stop dodging, and quoting Quan? Yes.

Blanket

Black bolt z
So Mordru has limitless power? Proof? So mordru can't have limitless power but you accpet the lie that void is without limits?Originally posted by quanchi112
I usually do. I usually want to hear how if I disagree with someone. It's common place to ask this question in a debate. You want to know how if you disagree with someone?Yet when I have asked you how b4 you don't answer?Hypocritical much?

quanchi112
So mordru can't have limitless power but you accpet the lie that void is without limits? You want to know how if you disagree with someone?Yet when I have asked you how b4 you don't answer?Hypocritical much? I said Mordru doesn't have limitless power but the Void does. On panel and the writer confirmed it. he can come back if he wants to time and time again the heroes couldn't beat him just like the first time he attacked earth.

I have answered you but you have no clue about the Sentry yet you dispute what it is I tell you. You need to actually read up a little bit about the characters before arguing against me. K.

Omega Vision
^Anyone with limitless power doesn't get hurt by Norn stones.

quanchi112
^Anyone with limitless power doesn't get hurt by Norn stones. Why not? Does limitless power mean they can't feel physical pain. Nope, it means they have limitless power. The stones couldn't defeat him. He can also reform at will. Void wins all ten.

JakeTheBank
bump

The Nuul
Void doesnt want to die, what part of this dont you guys get? He could take on two Mordrus at once.

Zack Fair
Mordru.

BullwinkleMoose
Mordru stomps

iceman24567
Mordru stomps

SquallX
Originally posted by The Nuul
Void doesnt want to die, what part of this dont you guys get? He could take on two Mordrus at once.

smokin' eek! laughing Happy Dance

TricksterPriest
Well, if Mordru is depowered, then he loses at current levels. But if he's where he normally is, he's going to beat ass. The man was draining the speed force itself using it's connection to Jay Garrick of all people. That is serious power.

Plus, the ROE incident? Not only was he winning as stated, but he mainly wanted to punch a hole in the rock so he could get out before Spectre got there.

Because even Mordru was not dumb enough to pick a fight with DOV Spectre if he could avoid it. no expression Spectre is one of the few entities that might be able to kill him for good.

OneDumbG0
^ Thought Mordru was stopped while he was threatening to eat Jay's Speedforce.

TricksterPriest
I think he got stopped midway. Somebody find the scan.

Estacado
Originally posted by The Nuul
Or 3 and call it a day.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I think he got stopped midway. Somebody find the scan. http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MordruSpeedForce.jpg

psycho gundam
lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

TricksterPriest
Ok, I was wrong. But given that he's ganked the magic of the universe in LOSH books, it's not a stretch to say he could jack the speed force.

OneDumbG0
^ This thread includes future versions of Mordru?

TricksterPriest
Nah, just saying that he's got a habit of jacking powers. And any decent version of him is going wreck Void.

OneDumbG0
^ I know Mordru jacking magic is a plot device that underscores quite a bit of his fights, but I don't see how jacking magic is relevant to this thread.

quanchi112
Nah, just saying that he's got a habit of jacking powers. And any decent version of him is going wreck Void. What appearances support this and when has the Void had his powers stolen ?

Prep-Man
Mordru.

TricksterPriest
I don't know if he can jack Void's powers. If he could, he'd probably use them better than Void himself. Simply because he's alot more together.

He's got tons of ways to win this. The man has fought Nabu himself on an equal level.

Comics Cavalade
I was reading this thread. One thing we do know about Mordru is that he has not future nor past. It is all one to him. He has no end or beginning. All feats are useable for him. I don't see how the Void can do what the Trapper can not. Mordru cannot be defeated by death. Which seems to be Void's m.o.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by supremthor

TricksterPriest
Regarding using all feats for Mordru: possibly arguable. But I don't know enough to make that distinction.

Only a few guys like the new gods, 5D imps, Spectre, etc, are in that category.

quanchi112
I don't know if he can jack Void's powers. If he could, he'd probably use them better than Void himself. Simply because he's alot more together.

He's got tons of ways to win this. The man has fought Nabu himself on an equal level. How does he win this since he has so many ways...share a few.

TricksterPriest
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=495705&pagenumber=1

quanchi112
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=495705&pagenumber=1 You do realize linking respect threads isn't debating, right ?

celeyhyga17
lol

TricksterPriest
For once Quan, I'm going to respond to you. I don't debate much on here anymore.

You want to find out about characters: Do your own ****ing homework. dopedfu

quanchi112
For once Quan, I'm going to respond to you. I don't debate much on here anymore.

You want to find out about characters: Do your own ****ing homework. dopedfu I still do debate. I am familiar with Mordru but it seems as if you aren't familiar with Void or even Mordru for that much.

You never give an actual reasoning just say someone wins an dwhen asked you panic and link respect threads.

Ps. I know I've always been numero uno in your book. Glad some things haven't changed.

Black bolt z

You want to find out about characters: Do your own ****ing homework. dopedfu The anti-quan-inator.

Uriel005
Mordru... the one who wrecked Shazam at the RoE and took his best shots with a smile... Lose to void!!! not in a trillion years. Mordru has no beginning and no end. He eats lords of order for their strength and spanks Nabu hard saying that he considered using his full strength and wound up not doing so. Nabu alone would utterly stomp on Void let alone Shazam at the RoE.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
You do realize linking respect threads isn't debating, right ?

And constantly spouting a biased rhetoric is? You've been claiming that Void is all that and a bag of chips, but you know what? I don't believe your words at face value. So how about you start posting scans of evidence that show that the Void is so many magnitudes above Mordru.

Put your money where your mouth is and convince me with real comic pages.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How does Void even have a chance in this thread?

Uriel005
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How does Void even have a chance in this thread? cause quan says he does. but we all know how untrue that is at this point in time

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
And constantly spouting a biased rhetoric is? You've been claiming that Void is all that and a bag of chips, but you know what? I don't believe your words at face value. So how about you start posting scans of evidence that show that the Void is so many magnitudes above Mordru.

Put your money where your mouth is and convince me with real comic pages. He was above Loki with norn stones/ the avengers, dr. strange, reed richards, hulk, etc. all at once.

I don't see Mordru beating Strange and Reed together with prep.

Sentry volume 1 end of book and siege.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How does Void even have a chance in this thread?

Pretty much all versions of Mordru would win.

Uriel005
He was above Loki with norn stones/ the avengers, dr. strange, reed richards, hulk, etc. all at once.

Sentry volume 1 end of book and siege. just to let you know that norn stones wouldn't even register to mordru... They still allowed Void to be hurt. Mordru would laugh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Uriel005
just to let you know that norn stones wouldn't even register to mordru... They still allowed Void to be hurt. Mordru would laugh. I disagree. I think Mordru would definitely feel the norn stoned when the avengers attacked him and unlike the Void Mordru can't just come and go as he pleases.

Uriel005
I disagree. I think Mordru would definitely feel the norn stoned when the avengers attacked him and unlike the Void Mordru can't just come and go as he pleases. Quan do you just make this stuff up as you go... If Mordru can shift galaxies with his magic how in the hell do you think he can't move remove himself from a situation. I have yet to see Void do anything nearly as impressive as shifting a galaxy on panel. Mordru can't die and he was never born. He has absorbed half of infinite mans infinite power... as well as all magic. Void is an ant to him.

quanchi112
Quan do you just make this stuff up as you go... If Mordru can shift galaxies with his magic how in the hell do you think he can't move remove himself from a situation. I have yet to see Void do anything nearly as impressive as shifting a galaxy on panel. Mordru can't die and he was never born. He has absorbed half of infinite mans infinite power... as well as all magic. Void is an ant to him. When did jsa Mordru ever shift a galaxy under his own power ? You do realize there are different Mordrus and you can't apply all feats for Mordru.

Wasn't Mordru killed in legion of worlds, lol. Also he can be beaten and imprisoned and flat out killed in legion. LOL.

iceman24567
Mordru one shots the Void then goes about his business

Prep-Man
Mordru is still alive, he's just in the Black Witch. He's immortal.

quanchi112
Mordru is still alive, he's just in the Black Witch. He's immortal. He was defeated either way with all the magical power of universe 247 which he doesn't have here to boot.

Prep-Man
White Witch casted the most powerful spell in the universe. She's powerful, if you know her history.\

Uriel005
Void loses. Hard and suffers from permanent anal leakage from the pounding he takes from mordru.

quanchi112
White Witch casted the most powerful spell in the universe. She's powerful, if you know her history.\ Point is she beat him despite him having much more power than her which means he can be defeated despite the mega amp he had in that story.

Prep-Man
She had a more powerful spell than Mordru.

quanchi112
She had a more powerful spell than Mordru. Incorrect. It wasn't more powerful it defeated him. He had more power than her. It's like you can't see that someone less powerful than someone else can really win against them. Being more powerful doesn't always mean win.

Prep-Man
Apparently it was, since Mordru couldn't do anything about it. Plus Void won't be pulling that off, anyway.

quanchi112
Apparently it was, since Mordru couldn't do anything about it. Plus Void won't be pulling that off, anyway. It was effective not more powerful. It's like sue storm using her powers to defeat the celestials where she's nowhere near as powerful as them. It's effective against them nothing more.

Void doesn't need to to beat him. I think ripping Mordru in half will work just fine.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by iceman24567
Mordru one shots the Void then goes about his business

Then goes off and owns the JSA again.

Uriel005
Then goes off and owns the JSA again. agreed. Nothing void does will even phase mordru.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
He was above Loki with norn stones/ the avengers, dr. strange, reed richards, hulk, etc. all at once.

Sentry volume 1 end of book and siege.

That's not linking of scans and I want specific issues. If you want to convince me, then give me the real proof. I want scans or specific issue numbers of the feats you claim. Otherwise, you're just barking at the dark.

WHAAM!
Mordru has wings on his hat... instant fecking win!

Uriel005
That's not linking of scans and I want specific issues. If you want to convince me, then give me the real proof. I want scans or specific issue numbers of the feats you claim. Otherwise, you're just barking at the dark. the feats that void pulled are still fail to mordru

WHAAM!
the feats that void pulled are still fail to mordru

and void has no hat with wings on, don't forget the winged hat.

quanchi112
That's not linking of scans and I want specific issues. If you want to convince me, then give me the real proof. I want scans or specific issue numbers of the feats you claim. Otherwise, you're just barking at the dark. I referenced sentry's first run the end of it and siege 3, 4.

Not my problem you're unaware of what the Void can do I unlike you am aware of what both characters are capable of.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by WHAAM! Mordru has wings on his hat... instant fecking win!

depending on which mordru.

TricksterPriest
Honestly, Mordru could take Odin for a majority. Hell, he'd probably steal the Odin power. He's just that good.

Uriel005
Honestly, Mordru could take Odin for a majority. Hell, he'd probably steal the Odin power. He's just that good. more than just odin... Mrodru really is a beast as long as his opponents don't have a near complete immunity like Prime did.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I referenced sentry's first run the end of it and siege 3, 4.

Not my problem you're unaware of what the Void can do I unlike you am aware of what both characters are capable of.

I'm fully aware of what the Void is capable of. I only asked you to prove your standpoint to me because your were spouting a biased rhetoric that is backed only by fan fervor for a character you idolize.

You're a hypocrite sir; you refuse to read up on a character when linked to their respect thread and then in turn tell someone else to go read up on the character when you fail, nay refuse, to provide actual evidence for your shaky platform in this discussion.

Also, the forum rules state that Siege Sentry/Void is a separate character from Sentry/Void and that their feats are not usable betwixt one another.

It also states that any feats for the Sentry can not be used for the Void and vice versa.

quanchi112
I'm fully aware of what the Void is capable of. I only asked you to prove your standpoint to me because your were spouting a biased rhetoric that is backed only by fan fervor for a character you idolize.

You're a hypocrite sir; you refuse to read up on a character when linked to their respect thread and then in turn tell someone else to go read up on the character when you fail, nay refuse, to provide actual evidence for your shaky platform in this discussion.

Also, the forum rules state that Siege Sentry/Void is a separate character from Sentry/Void and that their feats are not usable betwixt one another.

It also states that any feats for the Sentry can not be used for the Void and vice versa. I don't need his siege feats as his first run's 'void was just as impressive. I referenced the issue numbers it's on you to go find them. Strange and Reed were unable to defeat him using prep so this means Mordru has no chance imo.

iceman24567
Honestly, Mordru could take Odin for a majority. Hell, he'd probably steal the Odin power. He's just that good. I would give Mordru a slight majority over Odin they are atleast peers Void is out of his league in this fight

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I don't need his siege feats as his first run's 'void was just as impressive. I referenced the issue numbers it's on you to go find them. Strange and Reed were unable to defeat him using prep so this means Mordru has no chance imo.

No, you only referenced 2 issues of Siege (barely) and the entire original run of The Sentry. That's hardly listing important issue numbers and detracts from the credibility that you even actually read the comics themselves and aren't just tooting the horn of a character you like more than certain other characters.

Doctor Strange? As in the guy who's been in a downward spiral of power for a long time now and has had trouble fighting the likes of The Hulk and Ghost Rider when he used to hang up there with the likes of Nightmare, Zom and Shuma Gorath? You really want to say that Strange as he was when the Sentry was introduced was anything compared to Mordru, who has fought and beaten Nabu (who, for the record, held his own against The Spectre, if only for a short while) and has fought and laughed off Shazam (who, again, has fought The Spectre)?

And how does Reed factor into any of this? He's a man of science and the god of McGuyver's everywhere. He's certainly intelligent and can be powerful with the right devices and enough time but I fail to see how you can compare him to someone of Mordru's potency.

I don't even like any of the characters mentioned in this post by me (Mordru/Sentry/Void/Reed Richards/Strange) but I know where they stand currently.

quanchi112
No, you only referenced 2 issues of Siege (barely) and the entire original run of The Sentry. That's hardly listing important issue numbers and detracts from the credibility that you even actually read the comics themselves and aren't just tooting the horn of a character you like more than certain other characters.

Doctor Strange? As in the guy who's been in a downward spiral of power for a long time now and has had trouble fighting the likes of The Hulk and Ghost Rider when he used to hang up there with the likes of Nightmare, Zom and Shuma Gorath? You really want to say that Strange as he was when the Sentry was introduced was anything compared to Mordru, who has fought and beaten Nabu (who, for the record, held his own against The Spectre, if only for a short while) and has fought and laughed off Shazam (who, again, has fought The Spectre)?

And how does Reed factor into any of this? He's a man of science and the god of McGuyver's everywhere. He's certainly intelligent and can be powerful with the right devices and enough time but I fail to see how you can compare him to someone of Mordru's potency.

I don't even like any of the characters mentioned in this post by me (Mordru/Sentry/Void/Reed Richards/Strange) but I know where they stand currently. You talk of my credibility and completely miss the context of the ww hulk/strange fight. On panel it was stated strange can defeat hulk with the twitch of his finger yet you claim he struggles. The only reason he got his hands broken was because he was an ally and hulk used his cunning to take solid form. Wow. What problems has he had with grider ?

Nabu while impressive doesn't have the feats of strange mind you so I fail to see the point. Nabu also threw the fight against the Spectre making it completely null and void since he wanted to lose.

Shazam was tricked into releasing Mordru who had other pressing matters such as defending himself against the Spectre who was on his way.

Ree'd machinations have dealt with far larger and more powerful beings than Mordru such as Galactus, Celestials, etc.

As do I. The Void has never ever been defeated by anyone other than himself and would definitely defeat Mordru imo. Mordru couldn't take on strange, reed, thor, hulk, etc. along with marvel earth simultaneously. Not even close.

The guy's blasts didn't even phase Prime.

Prep-Man
Mordru took on the entire PC Legion of Super heroes and PC Dr. Fate who is on Strange's level.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
You talk of my credibility and completely miss the context of the ww hulk/strange fight. On panel it was stated strange can defeat hulk with the twitch of his finger yet you claim he struggles. The only reason he got his hands broken was because he was an ally and hulk used his cunning to take solid form. Wow. What problems has he had with grider ?

Nabu while impressive doesn't have the feats of strange mind you so I fail to see the point. Nabu also threw the fight against the Spectre making it completely null and void since he wanted to lose.

Shazam was tricked into releasing Mordru who had other pressing matters such as defending himself against the Spectre who was on his way.

Ree'd machinations have dealt with far larger and more powerful beings than Mordru such as Galactus, Celestials, etc.

As do I. The Void has never ever been defeated by anyone other than himself and would definitely defeat Mordru imo. Mordru couldn't take on strange, reed, thor, hulk, etc. along with marvel earth simultaneously. Not even close.

The guy's blasts didn't even phase Prime.

He struggled, he lost to the psionic/soul incarnation of Bruce/Hulk. This is something that would never have happened to Classic Strange and is just more evidence of his downward spiral of power. I think you're the one who missed the context and significance of that fight sir.

He got almost killed by Ghost Rider the last time they fought (though it really doesn't help that Strange was on his decline of power and Ghost Rider was being fast tracked to being Marvel's Spectre at the time). Let me see if I can scrounge up scans from that fight.

Nabu didn't throw the fight. He was sacrificing himself to not only keep the Spectre's attention solely on him so that RoE could be rebuilt but also so that he could push the Spectre into killing him and thus setting off Yahweh/The Source/Presence/etc. into finally deeming him a mad dog that needed to be reigned in. You should also note that in that fight, the proximity of them throwing down near Earth caused earthquakes and tidal waves.

Your point? Mordru actually took over the RoE when it was meant to devour and disperse his power and forced Shazam to futilely expend most of his power just prior to The Spectre's arrival.

Yes, Reed can be a great nuisance when given time and ingenuity to defeat foes. But the forum rules stipulate that PIS is never in effect so your use of Reed in this particular instance doesn't help your case.

Mordru has some pretty high end feats. Among Immortality, subverting and corrupting artifacts that were meant to leave him less than nothing and absorbing the magic of an entire universe to amp himself. Mordru could more than handle The Hulk and all but the higher end of Earth's Heroes. He has been ballparked as a Skyfather level being.

And? Superboy Prime was a Pre-Crisis Kryptonian. PC Kryptonians could pull off feats like sneezing away Galaxies, pushing entire planets barehanded and breaking into/making war on Heaven. The Void is not in that weight class and just because Superboy Prime resisted a single mystical blast of unknown potency means nothing in this lineup.

quanchi112
He struggled, he lost to the psionic/soul incarnation of Bruce/Hulk. This is something that would never have happened to Classic Strange and is just more evidence of his downward spiral of power. I think you're the one who missed the context and significance of that fight sir.

He got almost killed by Ghost Rider the last time they fought (though it really doesn't help that Strange was on his decline of power and Ghost Rider was being fast tracked to being Marvel's Spectre at the time). Let me see if I can scrounge up scans from that fight.

Nabu didn't throw the fight. He was sacrificing himself to not only keep the Spectre's attention solely on him so that RoE could be rebuilt but also so that he could push the Spectre into killing him and thus setting off Yahweh/The Source/Presence/etc. into finally deeming him a mad dog that needed to be reigned in. You should also note that in that fight, the proximity of them throwing down near Earth caused earthquakes and tidal waves.

Your point? Mordru actually took over the RoE when it was meant to devour and disperse his power and forced Shazam to futilely expend most of his power just prior to The Spectre's arrival.

Yes, Reed can be a great nuisance when given time and ingenuity to defeat foes. But the forum rules stipulate that PIS is never in effect so your use of Reed in this particular instance doesn't help your case.

Mordru has some pretty high end feats. Among Immortality, subverting and corrupting artifacts that were meant to leave him less than nothing and absorbing the magic of an entire universe to amp himself. Mordru could more than handle The Hulk and all but the higher end of Earth's Heroes. He has been ballparked as a Skyfather level being.

And? Superboy Prime was a Pre-Crisis Kryptonian. PC Kryptonians could pull off feats like sneezing away Galaxies, pushing entire planets barehanded and breaking into/making war on Heaven. The Void is not in that weight class and just because Superboy Prime resisted a single mystical blast of unknown potency means nothing in this lineup. What are you talking about ? Lost to the psionic soul incarnation of Hulk/Bruce ? What are you describing and Sentry's first series was around ten years ago or so hardly around the time Strange's showings were so bad this myth of him being depowered started surfacing on the net.

When did they fight and what does that have to do with Strange of ten years ago ? I'd like an issue number.

If you want to die that means you are throwing the fight. His intent was to die to usher in the new magic age he never intended nor wanted to win.

Two skyfather beings causing tidal waves and earthquakes pale in comparison to wb hulk just taking footsteps and casuing the entire eastern seaboard to almost get 86'd.

My point is Mordru tricked him at an opportune time when he was distracted on the Spectre.

In my case he was given time which is the point. Given time both he and strange couldn't come up with anything to stop the Void. I am not arguing for reed only how formidable the Void is to be superior to two of earth's greatest minds with prep.

When Mordru absorbed the magic of an entire universe he still was beaten so forgive me wasn't all that impressive considering he was fighting alongside a superpowered team the entire time. Void fights teams by himself without amps and has never been defeated by anyone else save himself.

Prime isn't a precrsis k-nian so the feat doesn't apply to him since he's never done anything close to that. Void resists it and defeats him easier than the white witch.

Cap Capitalism
Originally posted by WHAAM!
Mordru has wings on his hat... instant fecking win!

This!

I'd by that for a dollar!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.