Bellatrix lestrange/Fenrir Greyback versus Superman....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Lex Luthor has hired Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback to kill Superman (Superman Returns.)

Superman has no idea they are coming after him.

Fenrir Greyback and Bellatrix ambush Superman as Superman is trying to get in Lois's pants.

Can the wizards do it?

Nephthys
**** No.

Rogue Jedi
Think about this before dismissing it, dude. Think what the death spell does. Think about who hired the wizards and his resources.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Think about this before dismissing it, dude. Think what the death spell does.

It gets stopped by wooden doors and stone walls. Do you really think it's getting pasted Superman's invulnerability aura, when a bullet to the eye couldn't?

Nephthys
Right now all I'm thinking of is what the wizards will look like after Superman punches them faster than the speed of light.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_in0lPyljD1E/SvSILSHZYiI/AAAAAAAAAAM/d8ogaftd8BY/s400/buzz-punch.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
It gets stopped by wooden doors and stone walls. Do you really think it's getting pasted Superman's invulnerability aura, when a bullet to the eye couldn't?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Superman

Weaknesses

Despite his incredible superpowers, Superman's powers come with three notable flaws:

* Kryptonite: His most known weakness. Radioactive fragments of the planet Krypton created by fusion during the explosion that destroyed it. Superman's cells store electromagnetic radiation (such as sunlight) and convert it into energy, manifesting as his super-powers. When Superman is exposed to kryptonite (within roughly ten feet or less of any size or amount), its high-band radiation rapidly interferes with this process, causing severe physical pain and the loss of his powers, though lead can be used to block it out.
* Red Sun Radiation: Natural in Krypton's planetary system, red solar radiation replaces the higher-yield yellow solar energy in Superman's cells, robbing him of the fuel for his powers. This process does not have the painful, crippling and fever-like symptoms of Kryptonite, and essentially leaves him with the normal health and abilities of a human in his size and shape, as it did for the entire population of Krypton during its existence. Exposure to Yellow Sunlight causes his powers to return. Other than Red solar radiation, using up his yellow solar energy before having a chance to recharge also causes Superman to lose his powers.
* Magic: While not so much an actual weakness, Superman's invulnerability offers no protection against magic. As a result, spells cast on Superman affect him the same as it would anyone else. This sometimes goes so far as enchanted weapons being able to subvert his invulnerability as well.

Robtard
Doesn't even need to punch them, if he flies passed them at great speeds, the shock-wave will shred them.

Also, heat-vision.

Robtard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Superman

Weaknesses

Despite his incredible superpowers, Superman's powers come with three notable flaws:

* Kryptonite: His most known weakness. Radioactive fragments of the planet Krypton created by fusion during the explosion that destroyed it. Superman's cells store electromagnetic radiation (such as sunlight) and convert it into energy, manifesting as his super-powers. When Superman is exposed to kryptonite (within roughly ten feet or less of any size or amount), its high-band radiation rapidly interferes with this process, causing severe physical pain and the loss of his powers, though lead can be used to block it out.
* Red Sun Radiation: Natural in Krypton's planetary system, red solar radiation replaces the higher-yield yellow solar energy in Superman's cells, robbing him of the fuel for his powers. This process does not have the painful, crippling and fever-like symptoms of Kryptonite, and essentially leaves him with the normal health and abilities of a human in his size and shape, as it did for the entire population of Krypton during its existence. Exposure to Yellow Sunlight causes his powers to return. Other than Red solar radiation, using up his yellow solar energy before having a chance to recharge also causes Superman to lose his powers.
* Magic: While not so much an actual weakness, Superman's invulnerability offers no protection against magic. As a result, spells cast on Superman affect him the same as it would anyone else. This sometimes goes so far as enchanted weapons being able to subvert his invulnerability as well.

Fail.

There is no magic in Routh's Superman version. That's comic Superman.

Rogue Jedi
Doesn't even need to punch them, if he flies passed them at great speeds, the shock-wave will shred them.

Also, heat-vision. IF he senses them. He is not aware, remember?

Yeah, if he knew they were coming it'd be no contest.

Nephthys
Yeah, prove that with screen feats. erm

BruceSkywalker
Superman sends them to purgatory/limbo..

sorry had to say it as i have LOST on the brain right now...

Rogue Jedi
Fail.

There is no magic in Routh's Superman version. That's comic Superman. OK then. Remember who hired the wizards? Dude has kryptonite, remember? Yeah, add it up.

Robtard
IF he senses them. He is not aware, remember?

Yeah, if he knew they were coming it'd be no contest.

Super-duper hearing, which he used in the film from out in the stratosphere.

Ms.Marvel
indeed.

its never stated in movie supe's universe that he has a weakness to magic. hell magic is never stated to even exist in routh's verse.

superman has the reflexes and speed necessary to fly so fast that time reverses.

he can solo the entire harry potter universe at once in a few seconds

Robtard
OK then. Remember who hired the wizards? Dude has kryptonite, remember? Yeah, add it up.

Moving the goal-post. You desperate for a wizard win, eh?

Why not just say the wizards are invisble, move at light-speed and are made of kyrptonite themselves.

Rogue Jedi
Super-duper hearing, which he used in the film from out in the stratosphere. So he will isolate their sounds from all the other sounds, know who they are, that they pose a threat, and act?

If they have kryptonite, which Luthor can easily give them, all they have to do is apparate behind him from anywhere in the world, problem solved.

Rogue Jedi
Moving the goal-post. You desperate for a wizard win, eh? No sir, I most certainly am not. I listed Luthor in the OP, yeah?

Ms.Marvel
So he will isolate their sounds from all the other sounds, know who they are, that they pose a threat, and act?.

hes shown the ability to do this. in returns he flew out into space and out of billions of voices and narrowed it down to just one voice crying out for help.

supes can hear his enemies mention his name as soon as they say it.

So he will isolate their sounds from all the other sounds, know who they are, that they pose a threat, and act?

If they have kryptonite, which Luthor can easily give them, all they have to do is apparate behind him from anywhere in the world, problem solved.

1. since when can wizards apparate to a place that they have never been to/ have no idea where theyre going?

2. superman has fast enough reflexes to kill any wizard who apparates behind him or near him before their mind can even send an impulse to their body to move.

3. superman lifted an island made out of kryptonite into space and threw it into the sun. you act like one little piece of kryptonite is going to instantly weaken him.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
indeed.

its never stated in movie supe's universe that he has a weakness to magic. hell magic is never stated to even exist in routh's verse.

superman has the reflexes and speed necessary to fly so fast that time reverses.

he can solo the entire harry potter universe at once in a few seconds Well yeah, unless they had kryptonite.

Robtard
No sir, I most certainly am not. I listed Luthor in the OP, yeah?

Fact: You didn't mention Kyptonite, until your "magic weakness" angle failed.

So you've proved that Superman can lose to a pathetically inferior foe with the proper catered scenario. What's your point?

Nephthys
Considering what happens at the end of Superman Returns, whatever kryptonite Luthor gives them (which you never said they had in the OP or said that Luthor was actually helping them in anyway, so technically he doesn't) isn't going to let them kill him. Plus how do they know where he is to apparate to?

Rogue Jedi
Another thing: When Bellatrix avada's Sirius, it did not pierce his skin, it merely made contact with him and killed him.

The death spell does not kill like a bullet. It simply kills what it comes into contact with.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
hes shown the ability to do this. in returns he flew out into space and out of billions of voices and narrowed it down to just one voice crying out for help.

supes can hear his enemies mention his name as soon as they say it.

1. since when can wizards apparate to a place that they have never been to/ have no idea where theyre going?

2. superman has fast enough reflexes to kill any wizard who apparates behind him or near him before their mind can even send an impulse to their body to move.

3. superman lifted an island made out of kryptonite into space and threw it into the sun. you act like one little piece of kryptonite is going to instantly weaken him.

Rogue Jedi
Fact: You didn't mention Kyptonite, until your "magic weakness" angle failed.

So you've proved that Superman can lose to a pathetically inferior foe with the proper catered scenario. What's your point?

Not that cut and dry, holmes. The death spell will likely do Supes in.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
Considering what happens at the end of Superman Returns, whatever kryptonite Luthor gives them (which you never said they had in the OP or said that Luthor was actually helping them in anyway, so technically he doesn't) isn't going to let them kill him. Plus how do they know where he is to apparate to?

Lookie:

qW5UZRmlFsE

I coulda kicked Supes ass here.

If Luthor has access to that much kryptonite, he can supply the wizards with as much as they like.

Robtard
Not that cut and dry, holmes. The death spell will likely do Supes in.

No, it won't. He's invulnerable and the death spell is stopped by wood and stone.

Only way Superman loses here is with a catered scenario using kryptonite. Which as we've seen, any outcome can be had in a catered scenario; they completely lack any objectivity; they're pointless.

Superman could lose to Ewoks, if you catered it right, as you are here.

Nephthys
Lookie yourself babe:

xXoSxifCRJI

I really doubt that you coulda kicked that guys ass.

Rogue Jedi
No, it won't. He's invulnerable and the death spell is stopped by wood and stone.

Only way Superman loses here is with a catered scenario using kryptonite. Which as we've seen, any outcome can be had in a catered scenario; they completely lack any objectivity; they're pointless.

Superman could lose to Ewoks, if you catered it right, as you are here. No.

The death spell does not rely on piercing a victims skin to kill, it's not like a bullet or shrapnel, it need only MAKE CONTACT with it's victim, even through their clothes, and it kills.

Really I am just curious as to what affect the death spell would have on Superman, not whether a death eater could actually pull off casting it and having it hit him.

Nephthys
Death Spells wouldn't touch him due to the skin tight forcefield he has around him at all times except when drastically weakened by kryptonite. Don't believe me, well thats why his suit is just as invulverable as he is normally but at other times Luthor can pierce it with a dinky crystal.

So yeah, Wizards have no way they can possibly win.

Robtard
No.

The death spell does not rely on piercing a victims skin to kill, it's not like a bullet or shrapnel, it need only MAKE CONTACT with it's victim, even through their clothes, and it kills.

Really I am just curious as to what affect the death spell would have on Superman, not whether a death eater could actually pull off casting it and having it hit him.

Superman's protective-aura stopped a bullet shot into his eye, the death spell isn't getting through that if it was stopped by wood and stone.

Watch the scene, you literally see the round crush against it. Even before that scene, you see the Gatling-gun's rounds sparking off him, not even damaging his costume.

Conclusion, he's invulnerable; death spell's not getting through. Thread should end here.

Rogue Jedi
Superman's protective-aura stopped a bullet shot into his eye, the death spell isn't getting through that if it was stopped by wood and stone.

Watch the scene, you literally see the round crush against it. Even before that scene, you see the Gatling-gun's rounds sparking off him, not even damaging his costume.

Conclusion, he's invulnerable. OK then, kryptonite negates the protective aura, then they spell him big grin

I'm just ****in around, dude, dont be so serious.

Besides, it's not that hard to accept that IF Luthor hired them, he'd give them kryptonite, is it?

Rogue Jedi
Refresh my memory. Where did Superman Returns fit into the timeline of the other movies?

Nephthys
It follows on from the second movie. Teh one with Zod in.

Robtard
Refresh my memory. Where did Superman Returns fit into the timeline of the other movies?

Sometime after the last Reeve's flick. Wasn't a great connection of the films though.

edit: Or what Nep said, though that doesn't make much sense. Considering the child they have.

Rogue Jedi
OK then, and Superman is weakened in the first Superman movie by a kryptonite necklace, he is reduced to a crawling baby.

If the characters are all linked, then they all have the same weaknesses, reaction to kryptonite.

Rogue Jedi
Check it out:

OkSaAhbceBk&feature=PlayList&p=1CA6084A85CB7CFF&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1

Superman is weakened instantly by a block of kryptonite the size of my fist, even when it is ten feet away. He is helpless. And when it is placed around his neck, he can't even move.

So, let's say that in that scene, Bellatrix walks up on Superman while he is helpless in the pool and death spells him. What happens?

I'll tell ya. Death.

And since Supes Returns is the same character, since it is Canon, it is safe to say that when Bellatrix apparates ten feet from him with kryptonite, he will be helpless.

And yes, Luthor would definitely give them kryptonite to weaken Superman.

Ms.Marvel
in returns, the sequal to superman 1 (actually, Superman Returns retcons 3 4 and 5 and and becomes superman 3) he lifts an entire island made out of kryptonite into the sun... xD

Rogue Jedi
And? There was the time when Luthor stabbed him in the side too. If Luthor had done a death spell (IF he were a wizard) Superman would have been done.

And Rob, no, I am not moving the goal posts. Here, the 3rd post from page one:

Think about this before dismissing it, dude. Think what the death spell does. Think about who hired the wizards and his resources.

Bardock42
If they have kryptonite they likely win, if not Superman does.

Rogue Jedi
Indeed. Likely they would have it though, why wouldn't Luthor give it to them? If he wanted the job done?

Bardock42
Indeed. Likely they would have it though, why wouldn't Luthor give it to them? If he wanted the job done?

Well, that really seems up to you, since you are the thread starter no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, that really seems up to you, since you are the thread starter no expression Third post, "all his resources", means all Luthor has to offer, kryptonite included.

Nephthys
Oddly enough, that isn't what you said. erm

dadudemon
Pretty lame that this thread has gone on this long.

It's common knowledge that Superman is weak against magic.

None of you should be wasting time debating whether or not magic affects him: that's retarded.

Instead, you should be arguing about whether the magical spells can even be cast before Supes r@pes. (like Ms. Marvel did, first page)

We have to go by what he did in the film: does Superman read minds? No. Does he react fast enough to a threat to null it? No: he usually assesses or monologues. Is there enough time to get off a spell? Sure.

Rogue Jedi
Oddly enough, that isn't what you said. erm Yes it is, word for word, third post on page one.

dadudemon
Yes it is, word for word, third post on page one.

Oh, wow. I missed that, too. That's two pwns for the price of one.

Rogue Jedi
Yup. "All of Luthor's resources" means his money, knowledge, even kryptonite."

I can't believe people missed that.

dadudemon
Yup. "All of Luthor's resources" means his money, knowledge, even kryptonite."

I can't believe people missed that.

Well, it's not a problem of you creating a crappy OP, it's a problem with people (ahem), being dumba**es. weep

Rogue Jedi
It's that indeed. Funny, if I had said Luthor hired Vader to kill Superman, they would be more accepting of it. It's the HP thing, people refuse to accept the badassery that is HP wizardry.

dadudemon
It's that indeed. Funny, if I had said Luthor hired Vader to kill Superman, they would be more accepting of it. It's the HP thing, people refuse to accept the badassery that is HP wizardry.

No, you mean the poop a**ery that is HP.

HA!

PWNED!

Rogue Jedi
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmhm......

One word......Apparition.

dadudemon
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmhm......

One word......Apparition.

Superman is still powerful enough to come back from death, anyway.

HA! Pwned!

Meaning, no matter what, he pwns newbz with his tweeeeeeter dong.

Also, red sun energy+a kryptonite crystal with engorgio spells cast on it multiple times+magic spells = death to supes.

Rogue Jedi
Subject change:

jnuvKtS8X4A

Robtard

Other way around, son. You have some odd need to have the HP wizards win, no matter the fight.

I believe Superman Vs Vader was brought up before, Superman wins:

-You asked if the Force could choke or hold Superman, it was brought up that the more something weighs, the harder it is for a Jedi/Sith to manipulate it. Considering Superman can exert near limitless amounts of force, the Force user wouldn't be able to hold him back.

-You then asked if a lightsabre could cut Superman, it was brought up that Superman is both invulnerable and has no problem with heat. Stands to reason a lightsabre couldn't cut through his protective aura.

-Then there's all his other powers, super-speed, heat-vision, super-breath etc.

Rogue Jedi
Other way around, son. You have some odd need to have the HP wizards win, no matter the fight.

I believe Superman Vs Vader was brought up before, Superman wins:

You asked if the Force could choke or hold Superman, it was brought up that the more something weighs, the harder it is for a Jedi/Sith to manipulate it. Considering Superman can exert near limitless amounts of force, the Force user wouldn't be able to hold him back.

You then asked if a lightsabre could cut Superman, it was brought up that Superman is both invulnerable and has no problem with heat. Stands to reason a lightsabre couldn't cut through his protective aura.

Then there's all his other powers, super-speed, heat-vision, super-breath etc. K. Want a band aid?

Robtard
Don't act sore because you just got spanked with facts. It happened sometime ago; I'm sure you remember the debate now.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah? I am the only Harry Potter supporter in the MVF, so when I stand up for them in fights they obviously win, I'm a fanboy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wizards >> Clones
Wizards >> Jedi
Wizards >> Superman

Going too fast for you?

Robtard
Yeah? I am the only Harry Potter supporter in the MVF, so when I stand up for them in fights they obviously win, I'm a fanboy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wizards >> Clones
Wizards >> Jedi
Wizards >> Superman

Going too fast for you?

You are a fanboy. This is a fact.

-Not going to rehash that.

-Not going to rehash that.

-Only thing you proved here is that Superman can lose to a weaker foe in a specially catered scenario. Congrats.

No, you're not.

Rogue Jedi
You are a fanboy. This is a fact.

Not going to rehash that.

Not going to rehash that.

Only thing you proved here is that Superman can lose to a weaker foe in a specially catered scenario. Congrats.

No, you're not.

Nah, the only thing I have proven is that anyone half skilled at killing, with kryptonite, can kill Superman. And you are feeling stupid for accusing me of moving the goalposts when I clearly didn't. First page, third post, check it out.

Thank you for playing.

Robtard
This is what you did:

-Superman is unaware of the fight

-The wizards know where he is

-They can teleport right to him

-They have movie-Supes only weakness with them, kryptonite

So sure, with kyptonite and a catered scenario, Superman loses. Congrats on your massive victory for the wizards.

dadudemon
So sure, with kyptonite and a catered scenario, Superman loses. Congrats on your massive victory for the wizards.

HA!

Pwned!

Your character loses! neeee nars nee nars!

Victory is sweet. pained

More seriously, I don't see Superman beating a good Wizard, even without all of that stuff. Supes would need Jedi level battle precog to beat a Wizard, imo. laughing

Robtard
It'd have to be established if magic would get passed movie Superman's invulnerability.

Going on the grounds that he's like comic Supes and it does, he still has his speed as seen in Superman returns. Fight start, he goes hyper and rams into the wizard. /end

Rogue Jedi
He isn't aware. Read the OP.

Rogue Jedi
This is what you did:

-Superman is unaware of the fight

-The wizards know where he is

-They can teleport right to him

-They have movie-Supes only weakness with them, kryptonite

So sure, with kyptonite and a catered scenario, Superman loses. Congrats on your massive victory for the wizards. Thank you!!!

Robtard
He isn't aware. Read the OP.

Yeah, your catered scenario has been laid to rest, Superman can lose that. It's not hard to dictate the outcome of a fight with catering/gimping.

I was talking about a regular 1 on 1 fight; no gimping or catering. Superman would wreck any wizard, it'd be a spite thread to make it.

Rogue Jedi
Gimping? Just check the Van Dammage thread for gimp of the century.

Robtard
Thank you!!!

You're welcome.

Here, I can make one too:

Dr. Manhattan Vs HP Wizards

-Dr Manhattan isn't aware they're coming after him/his future-sight is blocked

-Dr Manhattan won't attack first

-They know the precise point where Dr. Manhattan is down to the millimeter

-They will teleport behind him

-The death-spell can kill Dr. Manhattan

Who wins?

Rogue Jedi
You're welcome.

Who wins?

McClane.

Robtard
Gimping? Just check the Van Dammage thread for gimp of the century.

Where did I gimp?

I did fail to factor in Timecop and his ability of time-travel, which is an epic ability to have. So I'm guilty of making a shit thread due to ignorance. That's far different than making a gimp-thread for the sole purpose of having specific character(s) lose. This you excel at, sir.

Rogue Jedi
Where did I gimp?

I did fail to factor in Timecop and his ability of time-travel, which is an epic ability to have. So I'm guilty of making a shit thread due to ignorance. That's far different than making a gimp-thread for the sole purpose of having specific character(s) lose. This you excel at, sir. Uh, the entire OP was gimpage.

Also, your OP implied that team VD was to scout the castle, then enter and kill the wizards. Someone mentions time machine and you move the goal posts a page or so later..

Irrelevant, I buried any argument for Timecop using his time machine. Besides, it's not, as you stated, "gear", it is a means of transport.

Robtard
Uh, the entire OP was gimpage.

Also, your OP implied that team VD was to scout the castle, then enter and kill the wizards. Someone mentions time machine and you move the goal posts a page or so later..

Irrelevant, I buried any argument for Timecop using his time machine. Besides, it's not, as you stated, "gear", it is a means of transport.

How so? Considering it was 30 or so guys in varying degrees of awesomeness versus what I thought would be a few hundred; a bunch of them being very powerful wizards.

I also said they get all their gear, Timecops time-machine would be the "gear" he used.

No, you didn't. But it was a stupid thread considering one guy could time-travel.

Rogue Jedi
How so? Considering it was 30 or so guys versus what I thought would be a few hundred; a bunch of them being very powerful wizards.

I also said they get all their gear, Timecops time-machine would be the "gear" he used.

No, you didn't. But it was a stupid thread considering one guy could time-travel. So he can time travel, big whoop. I buried all arguments for that.

A nuke would not fit in the time travel machine.
The VD's would be detected right away.
Timecop would not sacrifice his team by using a nuke.
Timecop has no bombs/nukes in his weaponry, you can't give someone a weapon they never used in their movie.

Robtard
So he can time travel, big whoop. I buried all arguments for that.

A nuke would not fit in the time travel machine.
The VD's would be detected right away.
Timecop would not sacrifice his team by using a nuke.
Timecop has no bombs/nukes in his weaponry, you can't give someone a weapon they never used in their movie.

No.

Rogue Jedi
No. Yes huh.

dadudemon
You're welcome.

Who wins?

Well, that thread would get closed because you removed one of Manhattan's abilities: seeing potential futures. That would be gimping 101. Here, in this thread, Supes is not gimped as he gets to keep all of his powers.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, that thread would get closed because you removed one of Manhattan's abilities: seeing potential futures. That would be gimping 101. Here, in this thread, Supes is not gimped as he gets to keep all of his powers.

In the movie, he had that power negated, jack-ass.

No, Superman is just not aware the fight is happening, his opponents know where he is, they can teleport rigth to him and they have his weakness. No, not a gimp-thread at all; it's as fair and balanced.

dadudemon
In the movie, he had that power negated, jack-ass.

So how does that change what I said?

So, magically (lol), the HP Wizards get to use a level of physics not remotely possible to block his vision (which wasn't completely blocked, btw, teehee) that they weren't seen using ever in theirmovies? Breaks the rules on two levels: golden rule and gimping.

And, the simple counter to what you said is that he also had his vision restored, too. smile Remember, we can't gimp.

No, Superman is just not aware the fight is happening, his opponents know where he is, they can teleport rigth to him and they have his weakness. No, not a gimp-thread at all; it's as fair and balanced.

It's redundant to give him the ability to know about them because he can be next to them almost as fast as they can apparate. smile He can also hear them.

Robtard
Or what I said in the OP, as done many a time in these threads. Never said the wizards were blocking it, just that it's blocked, as it was in the film.

Rogue Jedi
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhaaaaaa

Impediment
IIRC, Routh's Superman showed no weakness to magic, only Kryptonite.

Magic wasn't even mentioned in Superman Returns.

Is this a factor?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment

Is this a factor?

Only if the thread starter said it was in the OP or shortly thereafter.

Or what I said in the OP, as done many a time in these threads. Never said the wizards were blocking it, just that it's blocked, as it was in the film.

You would be breaking the rules, then: it is not an on-screen feat from the films. It didn't happen: they can't do it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
IIRC, Routh's Superman showed no weakness to magic, only Kryptonite.

Is this a factor? Well, if the wizards have both what's the difference? Weaken him with kryptonite, administer the death spell.

Robtard
You would be breaking the rules, then: it is not an on-screen feat from the films. It didn't happen: they can't do it.

No.

Never said the wizards were blocking it, just that it's blocked, as it was in the film.

Rogue Jedi
Why was it blocked in the film again?

Nephthys
Yes it is, word for word, third post on page one.

no expression

This is what you wrote, third post, page one:

Firstly, that doesn't explicitly say he gives them shit. Secondly, it doesn't say he gives them shit in the OP. Thirdly, having him give them shit after the OP would count as gimping. Fourthly, Lex Luthor doesn't own kyptonite, which is why he has to steal some in Returns, uses it to make his island and at the end of Returns is trapped on a beach, sans kryptonite. And lastly, even if they had kryptonite, it takes a while for it to take effect as shown in Returns, and even if they teleport in, wands raised, he would hear them say Avada Kadarva, or else hear the change in their heartbeats and blitz them at the speed of light.

You Fail.

http://image.blingee.com/images15/content/output/000/000/000/446/287221325_1841324.gif

Rogue Jedi
no expression

This is what you wrote, third post, page one:

Firstly, that doesn't explicitly say he gives them shit. Secondly, it doesn't say he gives them shit in the OP. Thirdly, having him give them shit after the OP would count as gimping. Fourthly, Lex Luthor doesn't own kyptonite, which is why he has to steal some in Returns, uses it to make his island and at the end of Returns is trapped on a beach, sans kryptonite. And lastly, even if they had kryptonite, it takes a while for it to take effect as shown in Returns, and even if they teleport in, wands raised, he would hear them say Avada Kadarva, or else hear the change in their heartbeats and blitz them at the speed of light.

You Fail.

http://image.blingee.com/images15/content/output/000/000/000/446/287221325_1841324.gif

Nah, this:

And page one, third post of the thread:

dadudemon
No.

No.

And, the simple counter to what you said is that he also had his vision restored, too. smile Remember, we can't gimp.

Nephthys
Nah, this:

Lookie yourself babe:

fXdViWVgHq4&feature=related

Just try some links or shit.

I really doubt that you coulda kicked that guys ass.

As you can see, by the end of Returns, the version you specified, Superman has apparantly found some way to be able to lift an entire mountain of kryptonite with kryptonite poking out right next to him, so yeah, by now he's built up an immunity or it the effect has scaled down immensely.

Which says nothing about him helping them.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, this:

As you can see, by the end of Returns, the version you specified, Superman has apparantly found some way to be able to lift an entire mountain of kryptonite when its right next to him, so yeah, by now he's built up an immunity or it the effect has scaled down immensely.

Which says nothing about him helping them. I'm using the high end feats of kryptonite, which rendered him into a crippled crackhead.

Again, it's the same character, he didn't get any stronger between Superman I and Superman Returns.

An immunity? haermm

Nephthys
And I'm using the high-end feats of Superman, the guy who's actually in the thread, unlike kryptonite.

And yet what you say goes against what we see. Previous movie- Crippled. Returns- Throws a f'ing mountain of the stuff into space when its literally inches from his face for some of it.

Do you have anyother reason why he could do that shit?

Rogue Jedi
And when moving the island, he was moving SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW. He was still obviously weakened greatly. More than slow enough for a death spell to zap his ass.

Kryptonite IS in the thread, it's part of Luthor's resources. Doesn't matter if he has only a little of it, he can still give it to the wizards.

Again, wizards apparate near Superman with kryptonite, he is weakened, they death spell him.

You think Superman is gonna instantly fly away when the wizards appear? He'll think they're just human, dude. Read the OP, he is with Lois, his attention is on her. A millisecond later BAM Bellatrix is behind him.

xJLxKing
Superman wins.

Magic is his weakness, but it's not an automatic win. He has fought countless of magic users and won.

Rogue Jedi
He's never been hit by a death spell while weakened by kryptonite. Dooooooh!!!

dadudemon
And when moving the island, he was moving SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW. He was still obviously weakened greatly. More than slow enough for a death spell to zap his ass.

Kryptonite IS in the thread, it's part of Luthor's resources. Doesn't matter if he has only a little of it, he can still give it to the wizards.

Again, wizards apparate near Superman with kryptonite, he is weakened, they death spell him.

You think Superman is gonna instantly fly away when the wizards appear? He'll think they're just human, dude. Read the OP, he is with Lois, his attention is on her. A millisecond later BAM Bellatrix is behind him.

I was thinking about something:

Why can't the wizards make themselves all port keys? That way, any time Superman touches them, instead of hurting them, Superman ZAAAPPITY ZOOOPY ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS! to the mountain of pure kryptonite that they made with tons of engorgio spells?

His only options, at that point, would be his freezy breath and heat vision.

Nephthys
If by slow you mean reached space, which is around 50 miles upwards, with Earths atmosphere ending about 600 miles up, in about 3 minutes, while lifting a mountain then yeah, he's slow as ****. smile

Gimpgimpgimpgimpgimp. You never said that Luthor was helping them in the OP. Thsi is a fight between Bellatrix and Fenrir, not those two AND Lex Luthor.

Also, no it isn't: 'Fourthly, Lex Luthor doesn't own kyptonite, which is why he has to steal some in Returns, uses it to make his island and at the end of Returns is trapped on a beach, sans kryptonite.

And do you think that he'll do nothing when two people teleport in, and he will know via super-hearing, and he feels the kryptonite weakening him and its been shown that krytonite as of the end of Returns takes a while to take effect or weaken him down to human levels? Yeah, I didn't think so.

xJLxKing
Superman picked up an entire continent of kypronite and rock while he had a kryptonite shard in his back. And that's just the movie.

Comic Superman can hear cells divide laughing out loud
His heat vision is like hotter then the star
Hist fist destroy planets

dadudemon
If by slow you mean reached space, which is around 264,000 feet upwards in about 3 minutes, while lifting a mountain then yeah, he's slow as ****. smile

laughing

Pwned.

Gimpgimpgimpgimpgimp. You never said that Luthor was helping them in the OP. Thsi is a fight between Bellatrix and Fenrir, not those two AND Lex Luthor.

I'd assume that since Lex highered them, they have access to his resources, like the thread starter stated already.

Also, no it isn't: 'Fourthly, Lex Luthor doesn't own kyptonite, which is why he has to steal some in Returns, uses it to make his island and at the end of Returns is trapped on a beach, sans kryptonite.

The thread starter cleared that up, first page. There's no need to continue this line of reasoning. Lex has kryptonite in this thread, so it's the Lex that had Kryptonite.

And do you think that he'll do nothing when two people teleport in, and he will know via super-hearing, and he feels the kryptonite weakening him and its been shown that krytonite as of the end of Returns takes a while to take effect or weaken him down to human levels? Yeah, I didn't think so.

He'll do nothing when he's been zappity zooooptied with petrificus totalus/stupified/obliviate/locomotor mortis//mind controlled with imperio/impedimenta/or, just for the heck of it, tarantallegra. smile

Rogue Jedi
If by slow you mean reached space, which is around 50 miles upwards, with Earths atmosphere ending about 600 miles up, in about 3 minutes, while lifting a mountain then yeah, he's slow as ****. smile Dude, he was slowly rising upwards for a few minutes, then it cut to the scene where he was in space roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ever see a movie where someone is driving in one state, then an hour later in the movie they are halfway across the country?

Fail.

Resources, dude. He hired them, he wants the job done right, he'll give them the kryptonite.

But you know, for all Luthor's genius, he might actually overlook this. In Superman Returns, when he stabbed Supes in the side, why didn't he slit his throat, or blow his head off?

PIS or CIS might reign supreme here.

Yes huh he does, he has a cupboard full of it, with a little indian inside. Wanna see?

x6WBaQLPjjY&feature=related

Already covered this.

Rogue Jedi

I'd assume that since Lex highered them, they have access to his resources, like the thread starter stated already.

The thread starter cleared that up, first page. There's no need to continue this line of reasoning. Lex has kryptonite in this thread, so it's the Lex that had Kryptonite.

He'll do nothing when he's been zappity zooooptied with petrificus totalus/stupified/obliviate/locomotor mortis//mind controlled with imperio/impedimenta/or, just for the heck of it, tarantallegra. smile
yeppers

yeppers

hell yes yeppers. HP geek.

Rogue Jedi

He'll do nothing when he's been zappity zooooptied with petrificus totalus/stupified/obliviate/locomotor mortis//mind controlled with imperio/impedimenta/or, just for the heck of it, tarantallegra. smile You have a good point here, dude.

When he landed on the island, he was weakened, he just didn't feel it yet. It wasn't until he started getting his ass kicked, until Luthor let him in on the island being kryptonite, that he realized it. By that time it was too late.

He lands, is walking all cocky and shit, thinking he still has his power, but at that point, a bullet to the brain woulda done him in.

Same as here. When Bellatrix lands close to him, he won't feel weakened yet (Superman Returns won't, anyway), but when she Imperios his ass, or crucios him, or death spells him, it will have the same affect on him as it would a regular person. He will be tortured, likely killed. Knowing Bellatrix, she'll toy with him, then have Fenrir beat the piss outta him, then kill him.

Hell, she could even petrificus totalus him and have her Super way with him.

That, or he is reduced to a blubbering fool, like in Superman 1. Either way, he dies.

I lol'd at the cinema when this happened:

qW5UZRmlFsE&feature=related

Blinky
RJ's fan-boy-ism was assuming, now it's quite sad.

Rogue Jedi
What's being assumed? Hmm?

You call it being a fanboy, I call it realizing the true extent of a wizards power. The ability to teleport anywhere, the ability to fly, the ability to cast fiendfyre, the ability to end your life in a millisecond. Hundreds of other powers, but yeah, they suck. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
Why was it blocked in the film again?

Veidt made a machine that blocked it.

dadudemon
Veidt made a machine that blocked it.

wink

Robtard
wink

And? Your point is still pointless as it pertains to these threads.

Rogue Jedi
How so? There was a REASON that Manhattans power was blocked, Veidt's machine. The REASON Superman takes it up the ass here is the kryptonite.

I am not saying "ZOMG Superman is weakened just cuz ftw!!!"

I am giving a REASON he is weakened.

Robtard
How so? There was a REASON that Manhattans power was blocked, Veidt's machine. The REASON Superman takes it up the ass here is the kryptonite.

I am not saying "ZOMG Superman is weakened just cuz ftw!!!"

I am giving a REASON he is weakened.

Oh god, you too.

You had no problem saying Luther could give the wizards kryptonite because he used it in the film, yet now you're swinging from DDM's nuts about my thread about Dr Manhattan and his powers being blocked as seen in the film? Don't be a moron.

Rogue Jedi
Oh god, you too.

You had no problem saying Luther could give the wizards kryptonite because he used it in the film, yet now you're swinging from DDM's nuts about my thread about Dr Manhattan and his powers being blocked as seen in the film? Don't be a moron. Luthor was shown using kryptonite, it was shown weakening Superman.

Your fake thread loses steam when you say Manhattan is blocked just cuz. You gotta provide a reason why. Maybe the others are in league with Veidt and have his machine?

Robtard
Luthor was shown using kryptonite, it was shown weakening Superman.

Your fake thread loses steam when you say Manhattan is blocked just cuz. You gotta provide a reason why. Maybe the others are in league with Veidt and have his machine?

Luthor was also shown exhausting all of the kryptonite, yet that didn't matter to you.

No, it happened in the film, it can be in play. Don't be a tool.

Edit: You made threads and taken away or given characters things/abilities that weren't on screen, so that's especially funny coming from you. DDM's just being a jack-ass, don't swing along.

Rogue Jedi
Luthor was also shown exhausting all of the kryptonite, yet that didn't matter to you.

No, it happened in the film, it can be in play. Don't be a tool.

Edit: You made threads and taken away or given characters things/abilities that weren't on screen, so that's especially funny coming from you. DDM's just being a jack-ass, don't swing along.

Exhausted all of it, then he pulled a piece outta his pocket.

For all you know he has a huge chunk in his office.

Think on it like this: Numerous McClane threads have been made and he has C4, but all of his C4 was exhausted at Nakatomi. See?

Robtard
Exhausted all of it, then he pulled a piece outta his pocket.

For all you know he has a huge chunk in his office.

And he used that to stab into Superman. He was also stranded out in the middle of the ocean at the end, yet you didn't explain that either.

For all you know he didn't.

You didn't explain every single little detail of how things happened/are, just that they are because it happened on film. My thread is just as valid and catered to dictate the outcome 'we' like as your's is, which was the point. Threads like this are dumb, any outcome can be manufactured.

Rogue Jedi
Read the post again, I edited.

Robtard
Read the post again, I edited.

Because it would fall under both the as seen on screen and the discretion of the thread creator. Which is exactly what you do/did and I did.

Rogue Jedi
Fine, man. Make the bullshit thread then, butthurt boy.

Robtard
Fine, man. Make the bullshit thread then, butthurt boy.

I already did, in here. Calling me butt-hurt for illustrating the foolishness of threads like this with an example in kind? That's odd.

Seriously, you don't see what you did here and how pointless it is? You wanted the wizards to beat Superman (who would normally wreck them), so you catered a scenario for them to win. Anyone can do that.

Rogue Jedi
This isn't about my making this thread, you already stated your opinion on this thread.

This is about you starting a thread saying Dr. Manhattans presight is blocked just cuz and for the lulz.

Question....What device/weapon/spell provides a large burst of Tachyons? None. So if you start a thread about the HP wizards and Manhattan and say his presight is blocked "just cuz", you are gimping. Gotta have a reason why his presight is blocked. Example? Veidt's machine in Watchmen.

Robtard
You basically said Luther has kryptonite, 'just cuz,' considering what happened in Superman:Returns. You didn't go into detail why/how he has it again, why how he got off the Island, merely that he just has it, because he had it at one point in the film.

My catered thread is just as valid (and bullshit) as yours, dude. Can't call mine a gimp, without swinging that judgemental pendulem back on your own.

Rogue Jedi
You basically said Luther has kryptonite, 'just cuz,' considering what happened in Superman:Returns. You didn't go into detail why/how he has it again, why how he got off the Island, merely that he just has it, because he had it at one point in the film.

My catered thread is just as valid (and bullshit) as yours, dude. So if I make a McClane thread, say it's DH2 Mac, and give him C4, what then?

Rogue Jedi
It doesn't work like this here, man:

Rkg_XojVRcs

Robtard
So if I make a McClane thread, say it's DH2 Mac, and give him C4, what then?

You have; iirc. Seems ok, as he's used it before/its happened.

You have also made threads and giving characters objects/abilities they've never shown, for the sake of the scenario. Those have been okay to, for the most part.

Rogue Jedi
You have; iirc. Seems ok, as he's used it before/its happened.

You have also made threads and giving characters objects/abilities they've never shown, for the sake of the scenario. Those have been okay to, for the most part.

HA.

No, it's the same. If McClane used C4 in ONE movie and exhausted it, and one uses McClane from a later movie and gives him C4, it's the SAME.

I've never made a thread where in the OP I gave someone abilities/weapons/gear they never were shown using. All I did (Wizards/Jedi Manhattan battle) is say that if a level 9 Jedi/wizard was never shown using a basic (level 2-3) Jedi/Wizard power, then they can still use it, because it's obvious they know it or they would not be level 9. THAT'S common sense.

Luthor has been shown using kryptonite as a weapon, therefore it is perfectly fine to give him kryptonite as a weapon in any thread.

It's funny, if this thread was "McClane versus Superman", and the OP was as follows:

Luthor hires John McClane to kill Superman, Mac knows where Superman is, Superman is not aware who Mac is or that Luthor has hired him." then followed up two posts later, in accordance with MVF rule # 7, "Think about who hired McClane, think about his RESOURCES", you wouldn't say shit about it. You'd go on page after page about how badass Mac is, riding his dick into the blazing sunset.

The only reason you are making a stink about this thread is because the killers are HP wizards.

Robtard
Good lord.

Rogue Jedi
My thoughts exactly.

Robtard
My thoughts exactly.

I was going to leave it at that, to save you from further embaressment...

But off the top of my head, you gave McClane a Stormtrooper's blaster rifle and thermal detonators in some thread; this isn't the only time you've done similar wit other characters/threads.

So yeah, what I said. Pointing the finger at my BS scenario while ignoring the one here is hypocritical, son.

Ha.

I've never made a thread where in the OP I gave someone abilities/weapons/gear they never were shown using.

Ha, indeed.

Rogue Jedi
I was going to leave it at that, to save you from further embaressment...

But off the top of my head, you gave McClane a Stormtrooper's blaster rifle and thermal detonators in some thread; this isn't the only time you've done similar wit other characters/threads.

So yeah, what I said. Pointing the finger at my BS scenario while ignoring the one here is hypocritical, son.

Ha, indeed.

crylaugh Oh MAN the fail is strong in you. Mac is a cop, dude, he picked up machine guns and used them with no problem. It's a GUN, man. Pick it up, pull the trigger, simple as that. I could pick up a blaster and used it as well as a stormtrooper did, SON.

Nephthys
You guys really need to just sleep with each other. Or at least stop the bickering in teh threadz.

Robtard
crylaugh Oh MAN the fail is strong in you. Mac is a cop, dude, he picked up machine guns and used them with no problem. It's a GUN, man. Pick it up, pull the trigger, simple as that. I could pick up a blaster and used it as well as a stormtrooper did, SON.

You're a sad clown who can't keep his lies straight.

Rogue Jedi
You're a sad clown who can't keep his lies straight. It's a gun, Rob. It's the Mac. You telling me that he wouldn't be able to figure it out? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
It's a gun, Rob. It's the Mac. You telling me that he wouldn't be able to figure it out? roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's besides the point of what you've claimed. You're being a hypocrite.

Rogue Jedi
That's besides the point of what you've claimed. You're being a hypocrite.

Answer me this. Mac runs across a DL44 blaster. Stormtroopers are coming at him. Is he helpless, or is he able to pick it up and blast away?

It has a barrel, a handgrip, trigger and trigger guard. It's a gun.

You comparing me giving Mac a blaster to you saying Manhattans presight is blocked just cuz is pathetic.

Try again.

Robtard
Answer me this. Mac runs across a DL44 blaster. Stormtroopers are coming at him. Is he helpless, or is he able to pick it up and blast away?

It has a barrel, a handgrip, trigger and trigger guard. It's a gun.

You comparing me giving Mac a blaster to you saying Manhattans presight is blocked just cuz is pathetic.

Try again.

Yet DR. Manhattan's sight was blocked in the film while McClane never fired a futuristic laser gun or thermal detonator. Go figure.

I'm done with with you hypocrisy here.

Rogue Jedi
Yet DR. Manhattan's sight was blocked in the film while McClane never fired a futuristic laser gun or thermal detonator. Go figure.

OK, so why didn't you say anything then? Why did you praise Mac then? Why didn't you say anything in one thread where NC had a sword? Or when Timecop was given a nuke? Doooooh!!!!!!

Pretty convenient that you're saying something now.

Robtard
OK, so why didn't you say anything then? Why did you praise Mac then? Why didn't you say anything in one thread where NC had a sword? Or when Timecop was given a nuke? Doooooh!!!!!!

Pretty convenient that you're saying something now.

How ****ing stupid are you being? I said above those threads were fine, just as I said your giving Luther Kryptonite here is fine. Go back and look, if you need.

Your claim that my thread was a gimp, while ignoring that you do the same exact shit is what's the issue.

Rogue Jedi
How ****ing stupid are you being? I said above those threads were fine, just as I said your giving Luther Kryptonite here is fine. Go back and look, if you need.

Your claim that my thread was a gimp, while ignoring that you do the same exact shit is what's the issue. Considering that NC showed fighting prowess, and had a blade, then yeah, it's fine. Considering that Luthor used kryptonite, then yeah, cool.

Timecop using a nuke? Bullshit, it's not a gun or a knife, it's a ****ing nuke. He couldnt acquire it, lift it, or work it.

Manhattans presight being blocked just for the lulz? More bullshit. You gotta give a reason.

dadudemon
And? Your point is still pointless as it pertains to these threads.

You mean YOUR point, not mine. I'm just pointing out where you example/comparison failed/would fail.

Oh god, you too.

You had no problem saying Luther could give the wizards kryptonite because he used it in the film, yet now you're swinging from DDM's nuts about my thread about Dr Manhattan and his powers being blocked as seen in the film? Don't be a moron.

You see, here's the problem: your pretend thread never mentioned that they are teaming up with Veidt and have access to his stuff. RJ did for this thread, on the first page.

Edit - ME NUTZ! ARRRRR!

It wasn't completely blocked, mind you. smile

Rogue Jedi
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.