Mantis Runs The Martial Artists Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheTyrant
Mantis(celestial Madonna) is only reduced to her MA. She cannot use any of her other powers.

CIS, PIS, and CIS are off for every fight.

The Gauntlet -

1) Captain America
2) Batman(standard gear)
3) Daredevil
4) Cassandra Cain and Lady Shiva
5) Prometheus(the one that defeated Shiva in seconds)
6) Zero Hour Karate Kid
7) Gamora with Godslayer

Does she clear it?

Q99
Hm, just martial arts... I'd say she might stop at four, and if not that, six is another close one.

-
5) Prometheus(the one that defeated Shiva in seconds)-

I will note the only reason this happened was because she was being full of herself and he knew *exactly* the move she'd make first due to his up to date data.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Under Englehart, Mantis would clear that gauntlet without breaking a sweat. I'm being dead serious here. She was doing shit like trashing Thor and the rest of the Avenger's rather effortlessly.

The hard on he had for her was enormous. I swear to god, he used her in practically every story he wrote that wasn't focused on one particular character.

At her peak, Mantis was like the Pre-Crisis Karate Kid of Marvel.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, just martial arts... I'd say she might stop at four, and if not that, six is another close one.

-
5) Prometheus(the one that defeated Shiva in seconds)-

I will note the only reason this happened was because she was being full of herself and he knew *exactly* the move she'd make first due to his up to date data.

So, if she gets past 6, do you think she would also defeat Gamora?

Q99
Originally posted by TheTyrant
So, if she gets past 6, do you think she would also defeat Gamora?

Her odds are... probably around as good as against KK.

Though Gamora's honestly harder to tell since she fights super times much more often than other martial artists, so it could be easier.

Prep-Man
Definitely stops at Karate Kid.

D_Dude1210
I remember an issue when both Mantis and the Surfer took on the Elders of the Universe and Mantis actually taking down the Runner. big grin

KK can stalemate her, otherwise she likely clears it.

Black bolt z
Stops at 7.She's not beating gamora with godslayer.With no weapons I see them as near equals.Godslayer just puts her over the top.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Stops at 7.She's not beating gamora with godslayer.With no weapons I see them as near equals.Godslayer just puts her over the top.

Based on what? The only note worthy thing Godslayer has ever done, is break.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Based on what? The only note worthy thing Godslayer has ever done, is break. Correct me if i'm wrong but can't it kill elder gods?

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
KK can stalemate her, otherwise she likely clears it.

This.

galactusischere
Clears it. Only Gamora and KK can give her trouble.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Under Englehart, Mantis would clear that gauntlet without breaking a sweat. I'm being dead serious here. She was doing shit like trashing Thor and the rest of the Avenger's rather effortlessly.

The hard on he had for her was enormous. I swear to god, he used her in practically every story he wrote that wasn't focused on one particular character.

At her peak, Mantis was like the Pre-Crisis Karate Kid of Marvel.
He had such a hard-on for her that when he stopped working for Marvel he took the show on the road and wrote her into DC, Wildstorm, and Image with only minor tweaks to avoid legal issues.

And here we all thought Greg Pak had a fixation on Hulk. laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Correct me if i'm wrong but can't it kill elder gods?

So far it hasn't killed or hurt anyone. The only thing it has done is break on Thanos.

BattleMage

Originally posted by BattleMage

facepalm

Black bolt z
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
So far it hasn't killed or hurt anyone. The only thing it has done is break on Thanos. This is what marvel.com says about godslayer

Pitiful isn't it.

Bentley

eek!

Omega Vision
Fanboy alert. laughing

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Definitely stops at Karate Kid.

Agreed.

I think Mantis's biggest speed feat is tripping runner. Impressive, but KK's fight against Mon-El trumps that imo, since there's a difference between tripping a speedster and fighting on a speedsters level.

She probably has comparable martial arts skill though, consider she's partially crippled nerves in Thor's chest and fought Obliterator handidly..

Bouboumaster
She wasn't impressive, recently. I say she stops at 4.

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

She hasn't fought anyone on h2h in quite a long time, she hasn't failed to beat people in those conditions either -and she keeps destroying robots with just kicks.

D_Dude1210
Again, someone should post a scan of the issue where Mantis was taking on the Runner.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Again, someone should post a scan of the issue where Mantis was taking on the Runner.
We can't post scans of it. It happened too fast. dur

D_Dude1210
Haha. Well, that was a good feat regardless. It was like one panel long but ended with the Runner flat on his face. stick out tongue

Warlord
stalemate at 7 if it's only h2h

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

She stomped Karnak recently no expression

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bentley
She stomped Karnak recently no expression Scans please

Gamora=mantis>Karnak>>>>>>>batman in H2H IMO.

Bentley
I never managed to fix my computer to work on photobucket so I can't upload scans.

They fight on Guardians of the Galaxy 15 if I remember correctly.

cdtm
I see it more like:

Mantis>Gamora>Karnak>>>>>>>batman in H2H.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.