Silver Samurai vs. Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Discuss smile

SamZED
Hmmm... SS should be able to cut Luke.

Starscream M
Cage beats the shit outta Sam

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
Cage beats the shit outta Sam
why is this? seeing as how silver samurai is more skilled and faster....plus has weapon and powers which let him cut right through cage plus uge reach advantage........

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
why is this? seeing as how silver samurai is more skilled and faster....plus has weapon and powers which let him cut right through cage plus uge reach advantage........ cage is a better fighter

we don't know how well the blade cuts through cage...I doubt he could cut deep with one swipe and cage is far stronger and more durable

Parmaniac
cage is a better fighter barker

Battlehammer
cage is a better fighter

we don't know how well the blade cuts through cage...I doubt he could cut deep with one swipe and cage is far stronger and more durable
no he not are you kidding me? were the hell did you ever come to such a rediculous conclusion?

why can't it? for one he has magical indestructable blade and two his power is to do just that.

being far stronger mean nothing if you can't hit your opponent. being more durbale means squat when your opponent has the power and weapon to cut right through you like a hot knife through butter.

Prep-Man
Cage.

Starscream M
no he not are you kidding me? were the hell did you ever come to such a rediculous conclusion?

uh its not a ridiculous conclusion...just going by their records and who they've fought, Cage is the superior fighter (notice I didn't say better MA fighter)

The fight would most likely go with Sam getting a few slashes before Cage gets close enough and grabs his blades and then pummels the living shit outta sam

Battlehammer
uh its not a ridiculous conclusion...just going by their records and who they've fought, Cage is the superior fighter (notice I didn't say better MA fighter)

The fight would most likely go with Sam getting a few slashes before Cage gets close enough and grabs his blades and then pummels the living shit outta sam
No he not. yes it is reiduclous. going by there showings in fighting skill silver samurai is vastly more skileld combatant. god the shit you come up with is sad some times.......

slashes? he could take cages limbs off......cage isent simply going to take attacks from silver samurai.....go read up on him.......

Parmaniac
uh its not a ridiculous conclusion...just going by their records and who they've fought, Cage is the superior fighter (notice I didn't say better MA fighter) You can't just take a look at people they fought and judge from that that person a is a better fighter, cause I'm sure as hell that his powers have something to do that he fares better against some people than others and not only due to his fighting skills.

StiltmanFTW
cage is a better fighter

Wow. Just wow.

Harada's cut through titanium door like it was nothing. Cage's durability used to be compared to titanium many, many times. Of course we know it's actually at higher level, but he's still not completely invulnerable. It's always been stated that Sil can cut through anything except for adamantium.

Do you even know who Samurai's fought?

Are you serious about grabbing his blades part? no expression

Starscream M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Are you serious about grabbing his blades part? no expression I meant grab his arms...its gonna be close combat, and that works to cage's advantage

sure sam gets a few swipes, but not gonna take out cage.

Battlehammer
I meant grab his arms...its gonna be close combat, and that works to cage's advantage

again how does that work to cages advantage when silver samuria has a huge reahc advantage is entire style revolves around utilizing that reach. He also much more skilled and faster.

again what makes you think cage can walk through sikver samuria attacks.......I dont think u understand how his powers work at all and are talking out ur ass.

Starscream M
again how does that work to cages advantage when silver samuria has a huge reahc advantage is entire style revolves around utilizing that reach. He also much more skilled and faster.

again what makes you think cage can walk through sikver samuria attacks.......I dont think u understand how his powers work at all and are talking out ur ass. silver sam is not faster than cage, his armor slows him down

whats the most impressive person sam's cut through deeply?

a power that looks good on paper may not work that well in actuality

StiltmanFTW
I meant grab his arms...its gonna be close combat, and that works to cage's advantage

Ah, OK. I thought you were saying that the exactly same thing would happen here as in Mr X fight laughing out loud

You're entitled to your opinion of course. But... didn't Hand Ninjas' katanas eventually pierce him? shifty That happened under Bendis' pen who wanks Cage like no one else in Marvel. Well, maybe Remender comes close.

Battlehammer
silver sam is not faster than cage, his armor slows him down

why do you talk out your ass over and over? I mean why can't you simply for once actuall rea dup the characters you are discussing instea dof looking like a complete and utter moron. Silver samurai has mvoed so fast that he delfect individual bullets beign shot at him and has easily tagged spiderman.

No his armor does not slow him down it light weight wich you know if you actaully read a dam comic with samurai in it.

He only failed to cut adamatium and it has cut through suit effortlessly that was compared to thing if not mistaken. Luke cage has been damage by friggin bombs before, he not even closes to as durable as your trying to play him as.

they been shown and explaiend on pannel get your head out of your ass.

Starscream M
Ah, OK. I thought you were saying that the exactly same thing would happen here as in Mr X fight laughing out loud

You're entitled to your opinion of course. But... didn't Hand Ninjas' katanas eventually pierce him? shifty That happened under Bendis' pen who wanks Cage like no one else in Marvel. Well, maybe Remender comes close. ninja katanas piercing him seems PIS unless they were made of some special metal...but even accepting that, I'm already conceding Sam will be able to cut Luke

but I don't see them as being fight ending cuts, perhaps they're deeper than luke's ever had before, but I think Luke will withstand them and get to Sam before Sam can take out Luke

Starscream M
why do you talk out your ass over and over? I mean why can't you simply for once actuall rea dup the characters you are discussing instea dof looking like a complete and utter moron. Silver samurai has mvoed so fast that he delfect individual bullets beign shot at him and has easily tagged spiderman.

No his armor does not slow him down it light weight wich you know if you actaully read a dam comic with samurai in it.

He only failed to cut adamatium and it has cut through suit effortlessly that was compared to thing if not mistaken. Luke cage has been damage by friggin bombs before, he not even closes to as durable as your trying to play him as.

they been shown and explaiend on pannel get your head out of your ass. oh I forgot...you're the assclown who didnt think Luke Cage was a great leader *snickers*...despite Luke being the leader of the New Avengers and now the leader of Thunderbolts

yeah, you def have a bias against Luke

Battlehammer

but I don't see them as being fight ending cuts, perhaps they're deeper than luke's ever had before, but I think Luke will withstand them and get to Sam before Sam can take out Luke
why wouldent they be? He has unbreakable magical sword and his power is to creat special super cutting energy edges..........

StiltmanFTW
silver sam is not faster than cage, his armor slows him down

Even with his armor on, he's crazy fast. And agile.

Baymax, Doombringer, X the Unknown, Everwraith (this one was intangible)... and like I said, he's cut through titanium effortlessly. When did he fail to cut something (excluding adamantium)?

Battlehammer
oh I forgot...you're the assclown who didnt think Luke Cage was a great leader *snickers*...despite Luke being the leader of the New Avengers and now the leader of Thunderbolts

yeah, you def have a bias against Luke
yea I am the ass clown becuase I don't think luke cage is a better leader then wolverine or spiderman dispite both having as much if not more experience and successes as leaders.

Luke was barly leader of new avenegers and only becuase he was the only one who wanted it, he was shortly replaced by barton.

He only leader of thunder bolts because of his own past of being in jail....and bendis has a hard on for him.

No I understand his character and have read loads of comics on him. I love you resorting to calling me bias becuase I called you out on being an ignorant ****.

StiltmanFTW
ninja katanas piercing him seems PIS unless they were made of some special metal...but even accepting that, I'm already conceding Sam will be able to cut Luke

Their blades are super sharp. Remember what happened to that Sentinel?

He'd have a hard time tanking all those swipes considering Harada's hand-speed... and he can still be evaded if he comes too close.

Keniuchio took hits from Cannonball, Spider-Man, Spider Woman, Sunspot, Cage himself... he's not going down easily.

Wild Shadow
SS for the severe easy win..

DarkestKnight08
This fight goes to Harada (only because he has his katana). If Harada was unarmed, then Cage would definitely win the fight. I don't recall ever seeing Harada use his mutant power without his katana. Overall, his martial arts skills aren't efficient enough to defeat Cage strictly hand-to-hand.

StiltmanFTW
Agreed.

Originally posted by DarkestKnight08
I don't recall ever seeing Harada use his mutant power without his katana.

He did with a dagger.

aristoraptor
I hate to be the ******* to point this out, but couldn't Cage just BFR him with thunderclap?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by aristoraptor
I hate to be the ******* to point this out, but couldn't Cage just BFR him with thunderclap?

He couldn't BFR Hand, he ain't BFRing Harada.

Bentley
He couldn't BFR Hand, he ain't BFRing Harada.

He held back on Hand not to hurt her. His thunderclapping would eventually toll on SS.

DarkestKnight08
Agreed.

He did with a dagger.

Was this in a X-Men/Wolverine comic (I would love to see a scan)? Also, I meant that I don't recall ever seeing him use his mutant power unarmed, hence using a deadly karate chop or punch on his opponents. With his mutant power, he should have no problem doing this.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
He held back on Hand not to hurt her. His thunderclapping would eventually toll on SS.

You want them to use out-of-character tactics, fine.

SS throws his sword at him, Luke is dead.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkestKnight08
Was this in a X-Men/Wolverine comic (I would love to see a scan)? Also, I meant that I don't recall ever seeing him use his mutant power unarmed, hence using a deadly karate chop or punch on his opponents. With his mutant power, he should have no problem doing this.

It happened in X-Men #22.

Here you are.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1759/xmenv202204.th.jpg

I know what you meant. Yeah, it's too bad no writer wanted to experiment with that mutant power of his.

srankmissingnin
His power is a tachyon field generation, theoretically he should be a light speed + speedster... but he isn't.

Not that that matters, he rails through Luke Cage pretty easily.

Bentley
You want them to use out-of-character tactics, fine.

SS throws his sword at him, Luke is dead.

Nah, I was just countering the idea of Luke's thunderclap being useless, Silver Samurai can run through him with CIS on.

DarkestKnight08
@ Stiltman - Great scan! I think that if the writers at Marvel would've exploited him using his mutant power unarmed, he definitely would be capable to defeat top tier martial artists like Iron Fist and Shang-Chi in combat.

Lord Feron
Gonna say it really depends how well SS blades can cut Cage. Also Cage does have thunder clapping powa!! lol But anyway im gonna go with SS.

h1a8
SS can definitely cut through Cage with ease, as Cage's skin is only steel hard. SS has cut through titanium with ease.

IMO, Cage's thunderclap will do nothing to SS. If so then again SS can always throw the sword for the win.

Bentley
Originally posted by h1a8
SS can definitely cut through Cage with ease, as Cage's skin is only steel hard. SS has cut through titanium with ease.

IMO, Cage's thunderclap will do nothing to SS. If so then again SS can always throw the sword for the win.

Classic Luke Cage since the very beginning had titanium hard skin, since then he has been upgraded.

Actually, don't take this the bad way: Your post is nonesense.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Parmaniac
barker

Didnt you know that black people are better fighters than Japanese? laughing

King Castle
Silver samurai would beat cage 7/10

h1a8
Originally posted by Bentley
Classic Luke Cage since the very beginning had titanium hard skin, since then he has been upgraded.

Actually, don't take this the bad way: Your post is nonesense.

Actually it was in the beginning stated as being steel hard. In later comics they retconned it to being harder (titanium hard). But in theory u r right since the retconned explain it always been titanium hard. It just wasn't mentioned that till later though. Having an upgrade proves nothing if we don't know an estimation of the extent of the upgrade. For example, Cage could have received a 1% upgrade in durability or a 200%. We can only speculate, which is weak in itself.

I say that if someone can slice through something with extreme ease then they can certainly slice through something 2x (200%) more harder with moderate ease.

And my post wasn't nonsense; it was just inaccurate or had a false statement in it. Luke Cage's thunderclap isn't that strong. He barely koed a normal weak human female with it.

King Castle
dont forget to mention inside an enclosed area... it was a weak thunderclap.

Bentley
I mostly said nonesense because most of the post didn't apply to the fight at all, neither Cage is likely to thunderclap -in any way that changes the outcome-, neither SS will throw the sword. I guess nonesense is not the right word, mostly irrelevant may be more accurate.

StiltmanFTW
bump

pym-ftw
Holy crap, Starscream is insane, I'm a pretty big cage supporter and ic I can't see him taking more than 1/10....

Lol, Silver Samurai can't cut cage....
That's a good one

carver9
Silver Samurai stomps and stomps bad. Wait a minute...isn't there a new Samurai walking around shooting blast, super strength, speed, etc?

h1a8
SS

the ninjak
SS's sword stopped at Adamantium.

SS can cut Cage and is a better fighter.

=......well you all know the math.

SamZED
Originally posted by carver9
Silver Samurai stomps and stomps bad. Wait a minute...isn't there a new Samurai walking around shooting blast, super strength, speed, etc? He's kinda lame.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
He's kinda lame.

Yeah... Shingen's grandson who had a thing going with Wolverine's adoptive daughter... lol. His armor was pretty powerful, though.

It was weird that he did not turn the lightsaber mode on at Creed's party, allowing Logan to chop his blade to pieces.

SamZED
Yeah... Shingen's grandson who had a thing going with Wolverine's adoptive daughter... lol. His armor was pretty powerful, though.

It was weird that he did not turn the lightsaber mode on at Creed's party, allowing Logan to chop his blade to pieces. LOL I always chuckle when I think of Creed's party. Logan randomly shows up "sup bitches" and casually kicks everyone's ass probably thinking "could've done this years ago, just didnt feel like it" lol

the ninjak

StiltmanFTW
LOL I always chuckle when I think of Creed's party. Logan randomly shows up "sup bitches" and casually kicks everyone's ass probably thinking "could've done this years ago, just didnt feel like it" lol

Yeah, it was hilarious laughing out loud I hope he does the same at Spidey-villains convention one day... evil face

StiltmanFTW
Logan bashed Doop's face in.

the ninjak
Logan bashed Doop's face in.

Yeah I read the quote wrong. I admit defeat embarrasment

What can I say. Logan freakin rocks. big grin

srankmissingnin
LOL I always chuckle when I think of Creed's party. Logan randomly shows up "sup bitches" and casually kicks everyone's ass probably thinking "could've done this years ago, just didnt feel like it" lol

Batman's shown up at Arkham and done the same... I suppose the difference is that Wolverine's villains are actually formidable. evil face

KingD19
Cage puts up a good fight, but ultimately this is a bad match up for him, as the whole tachion field thing bypasses the strength of Cage's skin. There's a chance he takes a few though being creative and taking Samurai off guard, as he's been training with Iron Fist for years and is a pretty decent fighter when he decides to stop brawling. And he's more than strong enough to hurt/incapacitate SS with one good hit.

SamZED
Yeah, it was hilarious laughing out loud I hope he does the same at Spidey-villains convention one day... evil face Or at least scares them all sh!tless. BTW have read a Spider-man issue with Stiltman's funeral when SM walked into a bar full of villains? Not as cool as what Logan did but pretty close.

Originally posted by the ninjak
. Doop is Ghist Busters' Slimer's long lost brother.

SamZED
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Batman's shown up at Arkham and done the same... I suppose the difference is that Wolverine's villains are actually formidable. evil face So Batman beat up a bunch of skinny ill-minded people who were already behind bars? That's cold lol

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
Cage puts up a good fight, but ultimately this is a bad match up for him, as the whole tachion field thing bypasses the strength of Cage's skin. There's a chance he takes a few though being creative and taking Samurai off guard, as he's been training with Iron Fist for years and is a pretty decent fighter when he decides to stop brawling. And he's more than strong enough to hurt/incapacitate SS with one good hit.

Samurai has shown good durability against Luke's punches in New Avengers, wasn't incapacitated at least.

Or at least scares them all sh!tless. BTW have read a Spider-man issue with Stiltman's funeral when SM walked into a bar full of villains? Not as cool as what Logan did but pretty close.

I've only read the review and seen some scans. Wasn't that the Punisher issue? With Stiltman's hot wife mourning him and Masked Marauder making a speech to boost villains' morale ("Who wants to be evil again?!"wink ?

StiltmanFTW
So Batman beat up a bunch of skinny ill-minded people who were already behind bars? That's cold lol

Didn't he strangle and beat the shit out of Grundy in that one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.