Ryu versus Shin Gouki (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
The twist: Post Oro Ryu.

After Ryu finally obtains true enlightenment, will he stand a chance?

http://img2.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/1e85aa40725935612852d7cefffa9bc11236560016_full.jpg

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
The twist: Post Oro Ryu.

After Ryu finally obtains true enlightenment, will he stand a chance?

http://img2.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/1e85aa40725935612852d7cefffa9bc11236560016_full.jpg

You already know it's gonna be Ryu...most likely due to PIS.

Ryu beats Sagat, PIS.

Ryu beats Bison, PIS.

Ryu beats Seth, PIS.

If they made it like the Ryu Final, that would be hella epic, but they prolly wont. When Ru beat Akuma in the manga, Ryu deserved that damn victory.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by No End N Site
You already know it's gonna be Ryu...most likely due to PIS.

Ryu beats Sagat, PIS.

Ryu beats Bison, PIS.

Ryu beats Seth, PIS.

If they made it like the Ryu Final, that would be hella epic, but they prolly wont. When Ru beat Akuma in the manga, Ryu deserved that damn victory.

PIS is win a character does something N the plot, they R not supposed 2 B able 2 do. I don't C how bosses pushing Ryu 2 unleash the massive amounts of power he is clearly hinted at having PIS.

No End N Site
So Ryu defeatin' someone who can survive a GIANT fireball mushroom cloud explosion and then go on to fight Rose (and she actually had a hard time), in a single SRK is not PIS?

Frisky Dingo
So Ryu defeatin' someone who can survive a GIANT fireball mushroom cloud explosion and then go on to fight Rose (and she actually had a hard time), in a single SRK is not PIS?

I'll answer your question with a few others. Whose body does Bison want N SFA2? Who's Bison's boss N SFA3? Whose body is N the P.Drive win the blast vaporizes the city.

Ryu's body is capable, at sum point, of manipulating all the negative energies N the world, Bison's is not. Bison's potential is maxed out, Ryu's is not. It doesn't take much effort 2 put 2 N' 2 2gether.

No End N Site
Your point is taken that Ryu is capable of incredible things, but aint it kinda funny that he taps into this power right when he needs it/when the story requires it? This is the main reason why I don't use A>B>C logic wit characters from different stories and plots. It's not like dude can pull that shit off at will. In a VS thread, shit like that shouldn't even be considered.

Demonic Phoenix
Your point is taken that Ryu is capable of incredible things, but aint it kinda funny that he taps into this power right when he needs it/when the story requires it? This is the main reason why I don't use A>B>C logic wit characters from different stories and plots. It's not like dude can pull that shit off at will. In a VS thread, shit like that shouldn't even be considered.

Eventually, he'll be able to tap into his true potential through will-power.

~ That said, how do we even debate for Post-Oro-Training Ryu? Does he appear anywhere in canon?

No End N Site
So should we assume that all this PIS is now part of Ryu's powers after he trains wit Oro?

Demonic Phoenix
a) The Sagat incident underwent a retcon and was attributed to Satsui No Hadou I believe. Dunno if it still qualifies as PIS or not, but I agree with you on the other events.

b) Not necessarily after his training with Oro. Could take even longer.

c) Dunno. Generally, the way it is with these stories is that the Protagonist is able to gain a lot of power throughout the story, and reach their full potential. Hard to say if that potential includes all those PIS feats.

Him one-shotting the Dictator is a hell of a feat, if it weren't for PIS. If he can willingly draw out that power...

~ Also, Ryu's victory against Gouki in the manga...do you have any links? I don't think I've read that.

No End N Site
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2559/img010t.jpg

This is the only scan I could find. Ryu let this happen on purpose so he could get close enough to do his Focus Attack/Killing Strike/Fist of Wind to win the battle. At the start of the fight Akuma broke Ryu's arm and leg in single strikes. I think Remo has more scans but you would have to ask.

Demonic Phoenix
Hmm, I think I remember seeing that picture before. Dunno. Do you remember the actual name of the manga?

Anyway, thanks for the scan.

No End N Site
Street Fighter III Ryu Final

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518lCNHl3FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51N5IQyqm4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

NemeBro
The only correct answer is: Maybe.

Since we, you know, have absolutely no idea exactly what Ryu is capable of at this point.

Quick question, who do you jerks think is stronger, Oro or Gouken?

No End N Site
Originally posted by NemeBro

Quick question, who do you jerks think is stronger, Oro or Gouken?

For me, 'pends on what happens in SSFIV. Some sources say that Akuma does off Gouken once and for all in SSFIV's plot and if that's actually true, Oro is stronger.

NemeBro
Cannot be sure of that IMO, Gouki and Oro did not fight at full power.

No End N Site
I don't think Akuma can beat Oro. In 3S, I think, Oro even calls Akuma a kid who doesn't know WTF he's talkin' about or doin' (Paraphrasin').

NemeBro
That's cool and all, but it does not really prove anything. no expression

Gouki since his first fight with Gouken has been undefeated, his only blemish being stalemating Ryu while not serious.

No End N Site
Originally posted by NemeBro
That's cool and all, but it does not really prove anything. no expression

It's pretty much implied that Oro can kick his ass.

Frisky Dingo
It's pretty much implied that Oro can kick his ass.

What? Where?

No End N Site
Hold on, I'll be back. I just have to gather my evidence.

Demonic Phoenix
For me, 'pends on what happens in SSFIV. Some sources say that Akuma does off Gouken once and for all in SSFIV's plot and if that's actually true, Oro is stronger.

I doubt Gouki finishes off Gouken. Gouki defeating Gouken or vice versa, is another story.

For one, Ryu never becomes Gouki's pet, nor do he and Ken seek revenge against Gouki in SFIII.
For another, Ryu knows the Shin Shoryuken (perfected version), Denjin Hadouken, and the Joudan Sokutou Geri by the time of SFIII; moves which are only demonstrated by Gouken prior to their usage by Ryu in SFIII.

Darkstorm Zero
Actually, Ryu had the Shin Shoryuken and the Metsu Shoryuken prior to SF4. He had them both in Alpha 3.

also, on the Oro vs Akuma thing, I don't beleive Oro can win that fight, and the paraphrasing doesn't prove anything, since Akuma also called Oro a stupid old fool, but thats not proof either is it...

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Actually, Ryu had the Shin Shoryuken and the Metsu Shoryuken prior to SF4. He had them both in Alpha 3.

also, on the Oro vs Akuma thing, I don't beleive Oro can win that fight, and the paraphrasing doesn't prove anything, since Akuma also called Oro a stupid old fool, but thats not proof either is it...
The Shin Shoryuken that appeared in Alpha 3 wasn't perfected iirc.

It was also stupidly hard to pull off because of the initial elbow thrust.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.