Galen Marek vs ROTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ares834
All out fight. Who wins?

mattatom
I'm going with Sidious.

Galan007
In retrospect, Galen didn't do anything which led me to believe he could beat Sidious in a duel (besting Vader isn't enough for me.) As for a force battle: yes Galen did push through Palpatine's lightning, but he ultimately did so at the cost of his own life. Even when Galen used the 'force-kamikaze' attack, it did little more than singe Palpatine's robes.

In a nutshell, I think it would be an okay battle, but in the end Sidious is just better.

ares834
Sidious as of TFU is certainly better than Galen, but I doubt ROTS Sidious is. Galen stomped Vader, and Vader is more powerful than ROTS Yoda. Now I know I am dwelling into ABC logic here but the fact that Vader can beat Yoda but gets crushed by Marek suggests that Marek could likely defeat Yoda something ROTS Sidious can hardly do.
Thus I don't think it a stretch to say Marek could beat ROTS Sidious, in fact I believe he would manage to win most of the time.

truejedi
How does Vader beat Yoda? Explain please.

ares834
Star Wars Head to Head claims Vader beats Yoda because Vader is to powerful.

truejedi
Prove it. That link you posted didn't provide a winner.

truejedi
In fact, the entire point of that book was to create a debate. What are you trying to pull here anyway?

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi
Prove it. That link you posted didn't provide a winner.
Can't. I didn't buy the book.
In fact, the entire point of that book was to create a debate. What are you trying to pull here anyway? confused The book creates strange fights then gives you the character stats and you try to imagine who would win. But at the end of the book it has a "results page" that says who would win.

truejedi
Where did you see that?

ares834
Where did you see that?
Barnes and Noble, in the kids section.

truejedi
So basically it is giving a certain fictional fight to Vader? Not saying "Vader wins every time?"

truejedi
lol, besides, I do believe the Luke "high kick" comment makes the entire book N-canon. : )

TheMagicPillow
How does Vader beat Yoda? Explain please.

I don't see why Vader couldn't just force grip Yoda and squeeze. In fact i don't see why he doesn't do that to everybody he fights.

Darth_Glentract
Sidious takes Galen with his superior saber skills.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ares834
Star Wars Head to Head claims Vader beats Yoda because Vader is to powerful.

That's a children's book that also claims that Chewbacca could beat a wampa in hand to hand and lists Luke's special attack as "high kick", Vader's special attack as "lightsaber throw (which Yoda also used) and Yoda's special attack as "Force push" (which all Jedi/Sith beyond padawan level except for people like Corran who are deficient at TK can use).

Oh, and I only factors in 3 completely random variables that vary each time and not all of the super important variables (skill, Force power, stamina, wits, etc.)

ares834
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
That's a children's book that also claims that Chewbacca could beat a wampa in hand to hand and lists Luke's special attack as "high kick", Vader's special attack as "lightsaber throw (which Yoda also used) and Yoda's special attack as "Force push" (which all Jedi/Sith beyond padawan level except for people like Corran who are deficient at TK can use).

Oh, and I only factors in 3 completely random variables that vary each time and not all of the super important variables (skill, Force power, stamina, wits, etc.)
Doesn't mean it's not canon.

Hewhoknowsall

So you're saying that Yoda's special attack is "Force push" and Vader can't use that?

In that case, Yoda still wins against Vader. TK is one of the most basic Force skills that a Jedi/Sith uses, and Vader's apparent inability to use it according to this children's book means that Vader obviously isn't as proficient in the Force.

Hybris
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Sidious takes Galen with his superior saber skills.

Have to disagree there. If Sids was so superior when it comes to saber skills, why didn't he use his lightsaber during the fight then?

I'll tell you: for the same reason he didn't go head to head with Yoda but tried to keep a distance and beat him using the Force.

Sidious is a beast when Force attacks are involved, but he's not as superb with a lightsaber.

As to the other guy:

Citing a children's book as canon... Whatever happened to Sidious' "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us"?

He clearly implied that Vader wasn't as strong as them at the time. And it's unlikely that he became stronger after becoming 'more machine now than man'.

ares834
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
So you're saying that Yoda's special attack is "Force push" and Vader can't use that?

In that case, Yoda still wins against Vader. TK is one of the most basic Force skills that a Jedi/Sith uses, and Vader's apparent inability to use it according to this children's book means that Vader obviously isn't as proficient in the Force.
LOL. Even though that is their "special attack: it doesn't mean it is the only one they can use or that no one else can use it. It simply means that they are highly proficent in it.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Hybris
Have to disagree there. If Sids was so superior when it comes to saber skills, why didn't he use his lightsaber during the fight then?

I'll tell you: for the same reason he didn't go head to head with Yoda but tried to keep a distance and beat him using the Force.

Sidious is a beast when Force attacks are involved, but he's not as superb with a lightsaber. Sidious (the one we're using) took out three of the finest swordsmen the Jedi Order had ever produced within seconds. He took on Mace Windu and did rather well before losing. Same with Yoda. And that's after being at LEAST 13 years out of practice. Sidious is f*cking amazing with a lightsaber.

And the reason he didn't use it against Marek is the reason he never used it against Luke. Overconfidence in his superior Force powers.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And the reason he didn't use it against Marek is the reason he never used it against Luke. Overconfidence in his superior Force powers.
That or the fact that Rahm Kota summoned Sidious's lightsaber to his hand to kill his guards and to attack Sidious...

Lord Lucien
That or the fact that Rahm Kota summoned Sidious's lightsaber to his hand to kill his guards and to attack Sidious... Or the fact that Kota got WTFOMFGpwned two seconds later---an event which would facilitate the speedy removal of said lightsaber from said Jedi's grip.

truejedi

No, but it is only talking about that one particular instance. Its why it uses the past tense to describe the fight. It certainly doesn't prove that Vader would win every time.

Hewhoknowsall
LOL. Even though that is their "special attack: it doesn't mean it is the only one they can use or that no one else can use it. It simply means that they are highly proficent in it.

Which would mean that Yoda > Vader in TK, and he's better with sabers as well, so Yoda wins.

Jinsoku Takai
...and Vader is more powerful than ROTS Yoda...

Man, you're out of your ****ing mind!!! No way in hell that Vader beats Yoda. Citing a childrens book of all things? WTF???????????? Really dude, get serious.

ares834
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Man, you're out of your ****ing mind!!! No way in hell that Vader beats Yoda. Citing a childrens book of all things? WTF???????????? Really dude, get serious.
Its canon.

Jinsoku Takai
Its canon.

How do you figure? Please, explain.

Hewhoknowsall
Its canon.

No, it's not, and it I don't see it stating anything about who would actually win.

Lord Lucien
Its canon. It was called Head to Head right? I can't even find on Wookiee. Where are you pulling the "it's canon" line from?

truejedi
Its canon.

Its canon for one imaginary fight that never took place. In THIS imaginary fight we use our knowledge and make the obvious pick: Yoda.

Unless your child's book says that IF THEY ACTUALLY FOUGHT, YODA WOULD LOSE, then you don't have a case. It probably says something like "In the fight, Yoda is unable to overcome Vader and loses." Since THAT fight wasn't even real (as we imagine our vs. forums to be) it means nothing in deciding this fight.

Lord Lucien
Yeah if it was, then everything we type here could be considered canon. To that end I proclaim Marka Ragnos as numero uno, and Bandon as Lord Protector of the British Isles.

mattatom
Yeah if it was, then everything we type here could be considered canon. To that end I proclaim Marka Ragnos as numero uno, and Bandon as Lord Protector of the British Isles. Bandon is already the Lord Protector, bit slow on the uptake aren't you.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
Bandon is already the Lord Protector, bit slow on the uptake aren't you. Bandon abdicated during the Commonwealth of Sith years to go explore the ocean blue. I'm talking about re-establishing him. Dummy.

Nephthys
Heeee, we get Bandon. All you guys get is Obama.

Noobs. smurph

Lord Lucien
I don't get anyone sad

mattatom
Bandon abdicated during the Commonwealth of Sith years to go explore the ocean blue. I'm talking about re-establishing him. Dummy. It's called a red herring he's always been here...in one form or another.

Lord Lucien
Just like Daniel Radcliffe.

Darth Truculent
I no longer refer Obama as our president - he's our 'King' by the way he's acting.

Anyway, a fully trained Marek by either Kota or Yoda, might give him a chance of defeating Sidious. Marek's raw power in the Force was enormous and he quite possibly might have the ability of dealing serious injury to the Sith Lord.

ares834
It was called Head to Head right? I can't even find on Wookiee. Where are you pulling the "it's canon" line from?
From this quote "The analogy is that every piece of published Star Wars fiction is a window into the 'real' Star Wars universe."
and from wookie's defenition of C-Canon "C-canon is Continuity Canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more."
It would be canon. Whether or not either of these are true or not is debatable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.