Nova vs Super Skrull and Ronan the Accuser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
They go at it, blood lusted.

vansonbee
Super Skrull with his bubble brain blast.

team

dmills
Bloodlusted? Nova crushes them.

Brain bubble won't work because of the helmet. The fire won't do squat. Ronin with gravity control? Lulz.

celeyhyga17
Nova wins this. Bloodlusted he will send hundreds of tons of gravimetric pressure on them.

the ninjak
Nova wins this.

WhiteWitchKing
Skrull and Ronan win. Bubble to the brain and hammer into the skull. Team 9/10.

khazra
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Skrull and Ronan win. Bubble to the brain and hammer into the skull. Team 9/10.
i agree.

And how will the helemt protect him from it lol?

Nova will go down before they do.

Ambient
yeah i gotta say go with the team..

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by 753
team

dmills
The helmet protects his mind from psionic/exotic energy attacks. And it's not as if he's going to stand there and let him do it. He's bloodlusted. He'll blitz them before they can blink.

Originally posted by dmills
The helmet protects his mind from psionic/exotic energy attacks. And it's not as if he's going to stand there and let him do it. He's bloodlusted. He'll blitz them before they can blink.

As I understand it, IW drops those forcefields through hiperspace, so barriers in the normal dimension can't keep her from dropping the force bubles behind them. The same would apply to SS.

dmills
Listen man. It won't matter. If Nova is bloodlusted he will blitz them before they can even move. He has significant advantages in every catergory i.e. speed, strength, durability, and overall power.

celeyhyga17
A bloodlusted Nova will tear through those 2. They won't have the reaction time or the durability to stand an all out Nova Prime from the get go.

WhiteWitchKing

He's doing no such thing. These two would destroy him. He's blitz his face into a invisible force field surrounding these to. Skrull puts him into a bubble and crushes him from with in. Either can give him a fight, both of them are going to stomp him.

dmills
So they're going to hide in an invisible bubble? LULZ! Last time I checked there was still gravity present, unless you're telling me it's a zero-g invisa bubble. He'll turn them into puddles of goo.

dmills
And no, neither of them would give Nova a fight if he's blood lusted. He's above them.

dmills
Memo to all fellow bucketheads and interested parties, don't forget to pick up the Thanos Imperative: Ignition oneshot today.

vansonbee
Originally posted by khazra
i agree.

And how will the helemt protect him from it lol?

Nova will go down before they do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

the ninjak
WorldMind supplies on the fly counter measures at superfast speeds.

If SS tried to force wall Nova he would see it and evade it at insane speeds.

SS can't put a bubble in the head of someone he can't see clearly.

If SS resorts to using his forcefields to protect himself that's when the crushing gravity manipulation begins....not like it hadn't already during his unsuccessful offensive strikes.

Ronan has had such bad showings lately that he doesn't even factor in this fight.

Nova wins. He is simply out of their league. And I'm surprised some of you don't see it.

dmills
@Ninjak,

Honestly it's not even suprising anymore. Anytime I log on to KMC and see a thread involving Nova I cringe.

WhiteWitchKing
So they're going to hide in an invisible bubble? LULZ! Last time I checked there was still gravity present, unless you're telling me it's a zero-g invisa bubble. He'll turn them into puddles of goo.

That's exactly what I'm telling you. The last time I checked, his gravimetric attacks were still beams that are still going to have to pass through Skrull's force field. He had trouble fighting Darkhawk. He ain't turning them into bubbles when spikes rip from inside his body.

His helmet may or may not prevent against hyperspace based attacks but the rest of his body is still vulnerable to being ripped apart by invisible constructs. Let's see him fight invisible foes while his heart burst and his spine cracks.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by the ninjak
WorldMind supplies on the fly counter measures at superfast speeds.

He's not superman with light speed movement. He's a battering ram with that speed. Slamming into invisible force fields doesn't help you win a fight.

See an inivisble force field? Oh right.

Gravity what? You mean his beams that he has to concentrate and aim at? You make it sound as if he turns on some button and the area would be attack while he's free to zoom about. Nova gets into as many fist fights as these guys. Let's not try and act like he's going to stay a safe distance while blasting his opponents. He's going to have to slow down to concentrate his attacks. Skrull puts a few spikes bubble inside of him and he's going to be struggling to do anything.

He doesn't? Which one? When had got team tagged by the Imperial Guard like 3 to 1? Ronan was more than enough to take on Ravenous through most of Annihilation. Nova isn't winning here when he's got two invisible opponents coming after him. The guy isn't Superman or Flash.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team win.

Everyone in the thread is bloodlusted, not just RR. Ronan and SS pack a lot of power and have effective area attacks to tag him no matter where he is, countering his superior speed. SS can just fill the whole space arround them with spiked bubbles and expand them all at once. Ronan has omnidirectional energy attacks.

On the defensive side, they both have force-fields and are naturally durable beyond that. As WWK mentioned, the beams apparently behave like normal energy blasts and can be stopped by force-fields, having to break through them to hit target.

His best chance is to blitz immediatelly and go for the kill, but I've always been skeptical of the immediate lethal blitz argument. Even assuming a blitz before shields are raised, the team would have some chances of survival until they can react. A creature with mr fantastic elasticity and skrull shapeshifting would be harder to kill through crushing. Ronan is also tough and can manipulate gravity himself, albeit to an inferior degree than Nova.

He is superior to either of them, but I dont think the difference is big enough for him to crush them both.

dmills
Sigh.

He's been shown on panel moving at 8 times the speed of light.

It's still energy. WM can trace it. See Nova 29.

He's conjured gravity bubbles with a gesture. See Nova 36.

Darkhawk? laughing out loud

dmills
@White,

His grav bubbles cut off extra dimensional energy sources. Magic, psionic etc

Scans of Nova having to "Concentrate" to use his powers?

Scans of SS doing what you described from long range?

dmills
O...M...G... The last page of Thanos Imperative Ignition. Just. Wow.

Ambient
Nova is not blitzing them..

heck SSkrull evaded a bullrushing Surfer fore and was also matching battle speed same with Ronan course thats with his original Universal weapon..

The only way i can see Nova winning is through a bfr via Stargate dumping..

Psychopath001
Nova would tear through them both like they weren't even there. Bloodlusted? Nova will kill them both so fast they wont even know the fight has started. Considering this was the same dude who survived the direct blast from galactus's little tantrum while keeping aside some power to generate a forcefield around Ms Marvel and Peter Quinn from the same intense blast, I sincerely doubt that there is anything they can do to Nova that would seriously harm him. Their best bet is to have the SS create a forcefield around his brain and squeeze. And of course, that's not going to happen because unless he is the pheonix, he wont be able to bring about concentration intense enough to catch and maintain a forcefield around the brain of someone as fast as Nova.

Also, keep in mind that when one other Nova Centurion was created by the worldmind, she was told to go and fight Nova. Nova as the nova prime could have killed her with one direct blast, but with the worldmind's help, a simple Nova Centurion was able to be guided by the worldmind into barely being hit once. I think Richard only got a glancing shot, and invariably lost the fight to someone who it was stated was literally `1/1000 of his own level of power.

Do you seriously think that If Richard were to use all the resources available to him, i e, the guidance of the Worldmind if things get tough, that he wont be able to kill them? He would tear them both new assholes.

cdtm
Nova wins.

celeyhyga17
yeah seriously. Super Skrull cannot react fast enough to an all out Nova Prime. I cant believe you said he was having trouble with Darkhawk. (Whitewitchking)
Ronan will get knocked the eff out within moments of the fight.

Nihilist
Team takes a slight majority.

D_Dude1210
Nova wins 9/10.

It'll be a tough and difficult fight. Won't be an easy stomp like some people say but the end of the fight is inevitable. Nova will win in the end almost every time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.