Blade runs the Assassins Gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
The vampire fraternity is growing even more annoyed that they can't rid themselves of blade. So they decide to hire some of the best assassins, hitmen, and hunters from both universes.

1. Kraven the Hunter
2. Deadshot
3. Lady Shiva
4. Bullseye
5. Daken
6. Elektra
7. Deathstroke
8. Deadpool

This is a bloodlusted Blade after he learns that the vampires have brought out the big guns to hunt him down.

He gets 2 hrs rest after each fight. He can fully restore his standard ammo after each fight.

Blade has to be killed to lose. Only has to incapacitate to advance.

How far can he make it?

Wild Shadow
number 4..

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
number 4..

Bullseye over Blade? How does he kill him?

Wild Shadow
i was just trying to get it started... blade be tired and a head shot should do it

srankmissingnin
If that is the real Kraven he stops at one. If it is one of his sons, Blade gets to two.

Wild Shadow
if they are getting the drop on blade then i agree

Konton
Shiva at the very most.

Wild Shadow
why shiva?

Konton
I assume Kraven will most likely drop him, but if he gets by that he can beat Deadshot. Even with only two hours to heal.

He's not getting past Shiva at all without completely restored stats.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
if they are getting the drop on blade then i agree

By being Kraven the freaking Hunter? confused

Deadshot will just snipe him from a mile away.

Lord_Talron
any of these guys could take him. hard for me to say this it but bullseye probably has one of the least chances here.

Stunner2xx
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
any of these guys could take him. hard for me to say this it but bullseye probably has one of the least chances here.

agreed

Wild Shadow
just about anyone can take him out if they get the drop on him especially BE..

Trackz
daken should be at the top, but daken stops him. but daken hasn't been using his powers effectively as of late so i dunno.

Lord_Talron
would dakens healing factor nullification work on blades vampire HF?

Trackz
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
would dakens healing factor nullification work on blades vampire HF? he only has that on his mura masa claws, which are both housed on the bottom of his forearm, i doubt he'd use them on blade.

YFZ 350
Gets to 5 maybe 6.

tests
number 3

SamZED
There's no way Blade gets past Daken.

Battlehammer
agreed. I doubt he even make it that far.

Trackz
i'd say daken, but CIS lately seems to prevent him from using his powers effectively, and wolverine took him down with one stab to the chest.

also does anyone have any shiva feats.

SamZED
Wolverine used muramasa blade to take him down though.
But yeah, Daken jobs a lot.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Wolverine used muramasa blade to take him down though.
But yeah, Daken jobs a lot.

What? No, he didn't...

His HF under Bendis' pen is just as slow as Wolverine's, but I wouldn't say that he jobs. He loses on purpose if anything.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What? No, he didn't...

His HF under Bendis' pen is just as slow as Wolverine's, but I wouldn't say that he jobs. He loses on purpose if anything. No? My mistake. Thought it was it.
Yeah, he often loses on purpose as a part of bigger plan. But I was talking about the few times he did job. Like when Clint attacked the dark avengers, or when he and Bullseye fought Gargan, or when he forgot about his pheromones when he fought Punisher etc

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
No? My mistake. Thought it was it.
Yeah, he often loses on purpose as a part of bigger plan. But I was talking about the few times he did job. Like when Clint attacked the dark avengers, or when he and Bullseye fought Gargan, or when he forgot about his pheromones when he fought Punisher etc

That's because you haven't read Origins #47. Oh and I was talking about Way's writing, not Bendis. Dunno why I said Bendis. I complain about him a lot, I guess that's the reason. I'll never forgive him Cage one-shotting Bullseye in the final issue of DA. Never.

I wouldn't call that "jobbing a lot". Clint Barton would beat the crap out of KMC Thanos. Gargan... I couldn't take that comic seriously. And Daken stunned him with a strike to the throat in DW. Punisher got killed.

AlmightyKfish
Blade's not getting past Shiva...

Konton
Originally posted by Trackz
i'd say daken, but CIS lately seems to prevent him from using his powers effectively, and wolverine took him down with one stab to the chest.

also does anyone have any shiva feats.

She has a respect thread here.

Trackz
That's because you haven't read Origins #47. Oh and I was talking about Way's writing, not Bendis. Dunno why I said Bendis. I complain about him a lot, I guess that's the reason. I'll never forgive him Cage one-shotting Bullseye in the final issue of DA. Never.

I wouldn't call that "jobbing a lot". Clint Barton would beat the crap out of KMC Thanos. Gargan... I couldn't take that comic seriously. And Daken stunned him with a strike to the throat in DW. Punisher got killed. is clint really that outrageously written? I never understand why people are so hard on him and luke. WHen a character rises in popularity he's bound to start beating others.

but what do you think about it, is it bad writing or does daken just fail to use his powers effectively due to over-confidence. He didn't use his pheromones once on punisher.

Trackz
ok went through the respect thread, she's an incredible martial artist, but that appears to be her only advantage...i'm not sure that's enough to win. can anyone weigh in on this?

snoopdogg
ok went through the respect thread, she's an incredible martial artist, but that appears to be her only advantage...i'm not sure that's enough to win. can anyone weigh in on this? In the real world no.

xmarksthespot
Shiva, imo.

If not her, Daken.

Trackz
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Shiva, imo.

If not her, Daken. how does shiva do it? i mean she's written as an extraordinary martial artists, but blade has her in everything else.

also after dark wolverine 86, i'm not sure daken takes the majority anymore either.

xmarksthespot
Leopard Blow. I'm unconvinced he could heal from it, since it's depicted as severe trauma to the brain, either through fictional nasal bone driving, or by physically driving your hand through the skull into the brain. And I think she'd be able to land it.

Trackz
Leopard Blow. I'm unconvinced he could heal from it. And I think she'd be able to land it. i didn't see that in the respect thread, what is that?

also does shiva have some type of chi healing, that would save her from gun shot wounds?

xmarksthespot
i didn't see that in the respect thread, what is that?

also does shiva have some type of chi healing, that would save her from gun shot wounds? It's her signature single-strike kill technique.

Her own speed (of similar levels to Cassandra Cain) and ability to read body language (while inferior to Cass) would make guns rather redundant. She has used chi to bring Batgirl back to life, but that's not really relevant to the fight.

Trackz
It's her signature single-strike kill technique.

Her own speed (of similar levels to Cassandra Cain) and ability to read body language (while inferior to Cass) would make guns rather redundant. She has used chi to bring Batgirl back to life, but that's not really relevant to the fight. Blade has shot spiderman and vampires down, most of the time heroes can dodge gunfire because they're significantly faster than the one behind the gun, i don't see that being the case here. Also if shiva is close enough to use her one-hit kill strike (which i'm not sure would work, since the only way blade has been killed is by stake and even that didn't last long) she's close enough for blade to slice with his sword. Blade being armed puts it in his favor in my opinion.

snoopdogg
most of the time heroes can dodge gunfire because they're significantly faster than the one behind the gun, This is often overlooked.

xmarksthespot
Blade has shot spiderman and vampires down, most of the time heroes can dodge gunfire because they're significantly faster than the one behind the gun, i don't see that being the case here. Also if shiva is close enough to use her one-hit kill strike (which i'm not sure would work, since the only way blade has been killed is by stake and even that didn't last long) she's close enough for blade to slice with his sword. Blade being armed puts it in his favor in my opinion. Meh. I didn't really post as an argument, I was simply opining. But I didn't really read the thread properly anyway and assumed they were unarmed and KO was sufficient anyway.

With a weapons advantage he probably beats her more often than not I guess.

snoopdogg

also after dark wolverine 86, i'm not sure daken takes the majority anymore either. Why?

Trackz
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Why?
he know longer has his muramasa claws

snoopdogg
he know longer has his muramasa claws Ain't that a b!tch.

srankmissingnin
Deadshot has filled Deathstroke full of holes. Blade's going to end up looking like a brick of swiss cheese... and thats if Floyd is stupid enough to engage him in a direct fire fight and not simply snipe him from afar. If Blade gets passed Kraven (which he won't) he isn't going to get passed Deadshot.

And if by some one in a million miracle he beats Deadshot, he isn't getting passed Shiva.

Trackz
blade usually wears kevlar, in addition to his healing factor, not only that he's not a great marksman himself and is the faster of the two.

shiva has just been addressed

what proof do yo uhave he wouldn't beat kraven?

YFZ 350
Originally posted by Trackz he know longer has his muramasa claws Then he may go higher.

YFZ 350
blade usually wears kevlar, in addition to his healing factor, not only that he's not a great marksman himself and is the faster of the two.

what proof do yo uhave he wouldn't beat kraven? Forgot about kevlar. That mixed with hf will help alot.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Forgot about kevlar. That mixed with hf will help alot. Blade's never been hit by gun-fire he knew was coming.

xmarksthespot
shiva has just been addressed Although I know I am basically the be all and end all around here ermmhappy somewhat convincing me due to my disinterest and laziness doesn't necessarily equate to something being addressed... ermm

byrdgang21
Originally posted by byrdgang21

This is a bloodlusted Blade after he learns that the vampires have brought out the big guns to hunt him down.

He gets 2 hrs rest after each fight. He can fully restore his standard ammo after each fight.

With that said, I dont see how he couldnt make it past at least Bullseye w/o overwhelming trouBle.....Blade has at least 1 advantage over most of his opponets.

Trackz
Although I know I am basically the be all and end all around here ermmhappy somewhat convincing me due to my disinterest and laziness doesn't necessarily equate to something being addressed... ermm i know i was just saying that we had already discussed and that they could go back to look at the points and address them brought up rather than just saying "shiva wins"

srankmissingnin

what proof do yo uhave he wouldn't beat kraven?

Yeah... Slade wears armor and he actually has a healing factor that - unlike Blade's - works and has significant feats - DS took him down. Floyd would also quick draw Blade 9/10, and Blade is a skilled marksman but not even in the same ball park as DS. Not of that really matters though, he is just going to snipe Blade from a mile away a few times.

Shiva hasn't been addressed. You seem to be under the impression that Blade is faster - he isn't. He shot Spider-man? So has Punisher, hell Punisher shot the web shooters of his wrists without injuring Pete. Shiva would walk all over Blade in melee combat. He isn't fast enough or skilled enough to compete with her and class 2 strength isn't going to even the playing field.

Based on feats almost everyone on this list as a speed edge, and feats are more important than vampire heritage.

Trackz
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Yeah... Slade wears armor and he actually has a healing factor that - unlike Blade's - works and has significant feats - DS took him down. Floyd would also quick draw Blade 9/10, and Blade is a skilled marksman but not even in the same ball park as DS. Not of that really matters though, he is just going to snipe Blade from a mile away a few times.

Shiva hasn't been addressed. You seem to be under the impression that Blade is faster - he isn't. He shot Spider-man? So has Punisher, hell Punisher shot the web shooters of his wrists without injuring Pete. Shiva would walk all over Blade in melee combat. He isn't fast enough or skilled enough to compete with her and class 2 strength isn't going to even the playing field.

Based on feats almost everyone on this list as a speed edge, and feats are more important than vampire heritage.
1. that would require ds to be faster than blade, which he isn't.
2. DS may be able to shoot a bird two block away, that doesn't matter seeing as they're not going to target practice, they start the same distance away
3. OP makes no statement about the assassins being able to get the drop on blade
4. blade has already shown that he can bullets to the body with little to no effect, and stated (when punisher had his gun to his head) that he doubted it would do any damage

as for shiva, her respect thread has no feats that put her above blade in anything other than martial arts, and they're not going to be fighting hand-to-hand, shiva isn't as fast as blade, even if you argue she is, the advantage isn't great enough that she can move fast than he can aim.

YFZ 350
Blade's never been hit by gun-fire he knew was coming. I would say Blade is most likely the fastest of the group.

snoopdogg
I would say Blade is most likely the fastest of the group. Good observation.

xmarksthespot
i know i was just saying that we had already discussed and that they could go back to look at the points and address them brought up rather than just saying "shiva wins" I know. I just wanted to point out my be all and end all status... 131

I should point out though that I'd still take Shiva over him in H2H, and the only reason I gave him the nod here was the bladed weapon, not the firearms which would be pointless.

And for some reason I have a vague recollection that Shiva may have shattered a katana before anyway, although that could have been a different character or it may not have ever happened at all.

YFZ 350
Good observation. I call it how I see it. He' also possiby the strongest.

srankmissingnin
1. that would require ds to be faster than blade, which he isn't.
2. DS may be able to shoot a bird two block away, that doesn't matter seeing as they're not going to target practice, they start the same distance away
3. OP makes no statement about the assassins being able to get the drop on blade
4. blade has already shown that he can bullets to the body with little to no effect, and stated (when punisher had his gun to his head) that he doubted it would do any damage

as for shiva, her respect thread has no feats that put her above blade in anything other than martial arts, and they're not going to be fighting hand-to-hand, shiva isn't as fast as blade, even if you argue she is, the advantage isn't great enough that she can move fast than he can aim.

1. Deadshot is faster on the draw than Blade.
2. They aren't lining up on the street at high-noon for a shoot out. DS was hired to assassinate Blade, not beat him in a duel (which he would do anyway if it came to that)
3. Again, they where hired to assassinate Blade, not fight him in Bloodsport. Of course they can get the drop on him... that is a pretty vital part of the assassination routine.
4. He took a bullet to the back, may or may not have been wearing Kevlar, and then bluffed to Punisher's face. If Blade took a single bullet to the face hed be a greasy pile of gore.

srankmissingnin
I would say Blade is most likely the fastest of the group.

And I would say you are crazy.

Trackz
1. Deadshot is faster on the draw than Blade.
2. They aren't lining up on the street at high-noon for a shoot out. DS was hired to assassinate Blade, not beat him in a duel (which he would do anyway if it came to that)
3. Again, they where hired to assassinate Blade, not fight him in Bloodsport. Of course they can get the drop on him... that is a pretty vital part of the assassination routine.
4. He took a bullet to the back, may or may not have been wearing Kevlar, and then bluffed to Punisher's face. If Blade took a single bullet to the face hed be a greasy pile of gore.
1. based on what?
2. thats the way the fight was set up, the hiring part was jsut for the set up, other than that no stipulations on location were given other than blade is given full rest between each fight.
3. same.
4. He said punisher was foolish for thinking he was wearing kevlar rather than acknowledge he was a vampire, not only that he has taken multiple shots to the leg and blitzed his opponents like nothing happened. You're making an assumption to suit your idea of Blade's healing. Blade had no need to bluff to the punisher seeing as he already was in a winning position.

snoopdogg
other than that no stipulations on location were given other than blade is given full rest between each fight.
Which would indicate Blade knew they were coming.

marwash22
And I would say you are crazy. who on the list is faster?

Trackz
I know. I just wanted to point out my be all and end all status... 131

I should point out though that I'd still take Shiva over him in H2H, and the only reason I gave him the nod here was the bladed weapon, not the firearms which would be pointless.

And for some reason I have a vague recollection that Shiva may have shattered a katana before anyway, although that could have been a different character or it may not have ever happened at all. well blades sword is adamantium, and i would agree with you that she would win in H2H

srankmissingnin
1. based on what?
2. thats the way the fight was set up, the hiring part was jsut for the set up, other than that no stipulations on location were given other than blade is given full rest between each fight.
3. same.
4. He said punisher was foolish for thinking he was wearing kevlar rather than acknowledge he was a vampire, not only that he has taken multiple shots to the leg and blitzed his opponents like nothing happened. You're making an assumption to suit your idea of Blade's healing. Blade had no need to bluff to the punisher seeing as he already was in a winning position.

1. Feats.
2. And the set up is that they are trying to assassinate Blade. This would imply that they are hunting Blade down, and that this us not a standard one on one fight. If it was... then it isn't an assassination attempt, its just the standard KMC Bloodsport.
3. Same.
4. He took two shots in the thigh and killed some fodder. That's not indication of a healing factor, just durability. Punisher took a shotgun blast to the chest that blow out one of his ribs and he still went melee and killed the guy who didn't it. He wasn't in the winning position - he had Punisher's gun in his face. There is no indication form anything in Blade's career than he can take a bullet to the face and live, and there is no indication that he could kill Frank before Frank pulled the trigger.

Konton
Originally posted by marwash22
who on the list is faster?

Shiva
Elektra
Daken
and
Deathstroke are all characters I can personally account for.

srankmissingnin
who on the list is faster?

Everyone.

With the possible exception of Kraven depending on which one it is.

Trackz
1. Feats.
2. And the set up is that they are trying to assassinate Blade. This would imply that they are hunting Blade down, and that this us not a standard one on one fight. If it was... then it isn't an assassination attempt, its just the standard KMC Bloodsport.
3. Same.
4. He took two shots in the thigh and killed some fodder. That's not indication of a healing factor, just durability. Punisher took a shotgun blast to the chest that blow out one of his ribs and he still went melee and killed the guy who didn't it. He wasn't in the winning position - he had Punisher's gun in his face. There is no indication form anything in Blade's career than he can take a bullet to the face and live, and there is no indication that he could kill Frank before Frank pulled the trigger.
1. such as
2. the only way assassinate comes into play is the fact that they have to kill him. nothing else was stated.
3. the gunshot wounds were gone a couple of panels later, he didn't even register them, blade's speed and reaction time are greater than punishers, as he stated he could take off his head before punisher could pull the trigger. Plus there's nothing to suggest that he couldn't, blade believes he could and it's not like blade lets himself get hit enough to know whether or not he coudl take it. we do know that he has stated that shooting vampires in the head doesn't kill them.

Trackz
Originally posted by Konton
Shiva
Elektra
Daken
and
Deathstroke are all characters I can personally account for. shiva based on what?

as for daken, not so much, most of his feats are him using his pheromones, he's been tagged quite easily when he wasn't using them or opponents got around them.

deathstroke and elektra are debatable.

marwash22
Uh, the OP said nothing about this being a situation where these people are actually trying to assassinate Blade. I'm pretty sure this is meant to be tournament style... there's no hunting involved so that point being made about the element of surprise is bunk.

srankmissingnin
1. such as
2. the only way assassinate comes into play is the fact that they have to kill him. nothing else was stated.
3. the gunshot wounds were gone a couple of panels later, he didn't even register them, blade's speed and reaction time are greater than punishers, as he stated he could take off his head before punisher could pull the trigger. Plus there's nothing to suggest that he couldn't, blade believes he could and it's not like blade lets himself get hit enough to know whether or not he coudl take it. we do know that he has stated that shooting vampires in the head doesn't kill them.

1. Off the top of my head he has shot down arrows fired by Green Arrow in from only a few feet away, and he's gunned down Deathstroke. If you want more - read up on him.
2. The fight stips say that a they where all hired to assassinate by a group of vamps Blade. Nothing about that sounds like the standard KMC default, even if you'd like to think so.
3. Blade's speed and reaction time aren't greater than Punisher's. Did Blade say he could take of Punisher's head before he could bull the trigger? Yeah, but he's full of shit. He also said he was evenly matched with Wolverine, right after Logan got through walking all over him. Punisher has better speed feats, if it came down to it, he would have squeezed that trigger and lift Blade with a fancy new opening in the center of his forehead, and nothing in Blade's history even vaguely suggests that he would walk away from that.

marwash22
interpret it however you'd like to, but it reads as follows... "So they decide to hire some of the best assassins, hitmen, and hunters from both universes." This is only describing what they are, not what they have been hired to do.

Where's the darn OP when you need 'em. Clarification on this one little issue would make this a little easier.

Trackz
1. Off the top of my head he has shot down arrows fired by Green Arrow in from only a few feet away, and he's gunned down Deathstroke. If you want more - read up on him.
2. The fight stips say that a they where all hired to assassinate by a group of vamps Blade. Nothing about that sounds like the standard KMC default, even if you'd like to think so.
3. Blade's speed and reaction time aren't greater than Punisher's. Did Blade say he could take of Punisher's head before he could bull the trigger? Yeah, but he's full of shit. He also said he was evenly matched with Wolverine, right after Logan got through walking all over him. Punisher has better speed feats, if it came down to it, he would have squeezed that trigger and lift Blade with a fancy new opening in the center of his forehead, and nothing in Blade's history even vaguely suggests that he would walk away from that.

1. how do those make him faster? those are demonstrations of his marksmanship.
2. that's nothing more than a themed set up. in the op he never states they get the element of surprise. the only way that assassination plays ANY role is that the opponents must kill him while blade only must incapacitate, other than that nothing.
3. ...so basically you decided the character is a liar to fit your arguments. things don't work like that. don't try to pull anyone back into that fight. for whatever reasons you think the fight ended in a stalemate. blade also is significantly faster than humans, and has in fact out paced even trained assassins in close quarters. saying he could whip his arm before punisher could pull the trigger is fact. Once again, we have never seen the limits of Blade's healing factor, he doesn't have that many showings with it. So for you to try and say he can't do something when he's never been put in that type of situation is quite misleading. The only evidence we have on this point is blade's comment, blade has never been one to bluff to his enemies. If you want to talk about character history maybe you should start with that.

srankmissingnin
interpret it however you'd like to, but it reads as follows... "So they decide to hire some of the best assassins, hitmen, and hunters from both universes." This is only describing what they are, not what they have been hired to do.

Where's the darn OP when you need 'em. Clarification on this one little issue would make this a little easier.

They are assassins. It's the assassination gauntlet. They where hired by vampires to kill Blade. Put two and two together.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by byrdgang21

l

Blade knows that he is Being hunted But not when, and where, and By whom. But I would assume that he would Be ready for his opponets somewhat.

xmarksthespot
2. that's nothing more than a themed set up. in the op he never states they get the element of surprise. the only way that assassination plays ANY role is that the opponents must kill him while blade only must incapacitate, other than that nothing.
3. ...so basically you decided the character is a liar to fit your arguments. things don't work like that. don't try to pull anyone back into that fight. for whatever reasons you think the fight ended in a stalemate. blade also is significantly faster than humans, and has in fact out paced even trained assassins in close quarters. saying he could whip his arm before punisher could pull the trigger is fact. Once again, we have never seen the limits of Blade's healing factor, he doesn't have that many showings with it. So for you to try and say he can't do something when he's never been put in that type of situation is quite misleading. The only evidence we have on this point is blade's comment, blade has never been one to bluff to his enemies. If you want to talk about character history maybe you should start with that. Meh. Things characters say and things characters do don't always necessarily correlate. Otherwise Storm would be flying around these forums killing everyone with her sun lasers.

Meanwhile "We've never seen the limits..." isn't usually a very good train of argument.

marwash22
They are assassins. It's the assassination gauntlet. They where hired by vampires to kill Blade. Put two and two together. Agreed.

It's just a little difficult for me to put two and two together when one of the two's is a 4.

Meanwhile "We've never seen the limits..." isn't usually a very good train of argument. I agree with this. If that were logical, we could say without question that Hulk is the strongest character in the entire universe.

srankmissingnin
3. ...so basically you decided the character is a liar to fit your arguments. things don't work like that. don't try to pull anyone back into that fight. for whatever reasons you think the fight ended in a stalemate. blade also is significantly faster than humans, and has in fact out paced even trained assassins in close quarters. saying he could whip his arm before punisher could pull the trigger is fact. Once again, we have never seen the limits of Blade's healing factor, he doesn't have that many showings with it. So for you to try and say he can't do something when he's never been put in that type of situation is quite misleading. The only evidence we have on this point is blade's comment, blade has never been one to bluff to his enemies. If you want to talk about character history maybe you should start with that.

1. How does shotting arrows out of the multiple arors fired by one of the best marksmen in comicdom from just feet away, not qualify as a speed feat? Seriously?
2. Insert the same thing I said last time
3.I decided he was a liar when nothing in his history matches the words coming out of his mouth. Comic books are a visual medium, narration is secondary to the art. I'm not going to take his word at face value if I need to disregard on panel evidence to do. If we did that then we would all believe Black Canary is a superior martial artists compared to Batman. We've never seen Blade's "healing factor," what we have seen is this: he has had bullet wounds stitched up on panel. That's a fact. His wrist was a bloody stump the whole issue after he chewed off his hand. You think he can take a bullet to the head, when his wrist wouldn't even scab over for an entire issue? Not to mention that the threat of gun fire made him surrender three or four times during his last series. And you tell me that Blade wasn't bluffing Punisher? Please.

Maybe Blade can heal as fast as you like to think, but he hasn't, and until he does he can't. At least on KMC. When he does, then it will be cool.

Trackz
1. How does shotting arrows out of the multiple arors fired by one of the best marksmen in comicdom from just feet away, not qualify as a speed feat? Seriously?
2. Insert the same thing I said last time
3.I decided he was a liar when nothing in his history matches the words coming out of his mouth. Comic books are a visual medium, narration is secondary to the art. I'm not going to take his word at face value if I need to disregard on panel evidence to do. If we did that then we would all believe Black Canary is a superior martial artists compared to Batman. We've never seen Blade's "healing factor," what we have seen is this: he has had bullet wounds stitched up on panel. That's a fact. His wrist was a bloody stump the whole issue after he chewed off his hand. You think he can take a bullet to the head, when his wrist wouldn't even scab over for an entire issue? Not to mention that the threat of gun fire made him surrender three or four times during his last series. And you tell me that Blade wasn't bluffing Punisher? Please.

Maybe Blade can heal as fast as you like to think, but he hasn't, and until he does he can't. At least on KMC. When he does, then it will be cool.
1. it's marksmenship, he aims fast, btu in terms of raw speed it doesn't prove much, yes it requires considerable speed, it doesn't however put him at superhuman levels of speed nor can it be used to say he is faster than any given character.
2. take it up with the op
3.wow, ok for one everything he has said has matched up with what he has done on-panel. he stated that he didn't believe the gun would do damage, there's no evidence to the contrary, rather more evidence in support, but of course that couldn't be used in a KMC fight, however it surely can't be used to prove he is a liar. You're talking about appearances from his MAX series, nice job trying to low ball a character. Blade has been stabbed/slashed through the chest and healed in a panel or two several times, fact. I go based on whats on the panel, you trying to write off the character as a liar because his statements undermine your argument is plain dirty.

srankmissingnin
1. it's marksmenship, he aims fast, btu in terms of raw speed it doesn't prove much, yes it requires considerable speed, it doesn't however put him at superhuman levels of speed nor can it be used to say he is faster than any given character.
3.wow, ok for one everything he has said has matched up with what he has done on-panel. he stated that he didn't believe the gun would do damage, there's no evidence to the contrary, rather more evidence in support, but of course that couldn't be used in a KMC fight, however it surely can't be used to prove he is a liar. You're talking about appearances from his MAX series, nice job trying to low ball a character. Blade has been stabbed/slashed through the chest and healed in a panel or two several times, fact. I go based on whats on the panel, you trying to write off the character as a liar because his statements undermine your argument is plain dirty.

1. Any thing that would require faster reaction time than a quarter of a second is superhuman speed and reaction. Green Arrow was only feet away from, and he he shot all the arrows out of the air before they made it to him.
2. The OP already spoke... I was right.
3. Except there is evidence to the contrary. Guns have done damage to him before, he's had to get that same damage stitched up, and the threat of damage from them has coerced his cooperation. The only time Blade survived getting stabbed through the chest, he had a magical amulet... not really seeing as that being a check in the healing factor column. Blade was bluffing. He hasn't shown a healing factor on panel. Simply being shot a few times in the leg and not having that addressed isn't even close to indication of a healing factor, if it was Batman and Daredevil would both have one, and Frank Castle as well.

Trackz
1. Any thing that would require faster reaction time than a quarter of a second is superhuman speed and reaction. Green Arrow was only feet away from, and he he shot all the arrows out of the air before they made it to him.
2. The OP already spoke... I was right.
3. Except there is evidence to the contrary. Guns have done damage to him before, he's had to get that same damage stitched up, and the threat of damage from them has coerced his cooperation. The only time Blade survived getting stabbed through the chest, he had a magical amulet... not really seeing as that being a check in the healing factor column. Blade was bluffing. He hasn't shown a healing factor on panel. Simply being shot a few times in the leg and not having that addressed isn't even close to indication of a healing factor, if it was Batman and Daredevil would both have one, and Frank Castle as well.
1. the op's clarification changes things, deadshot and any of these guys could conceivably win for the majority.

3 that wasn't the instance i was talking about, i was talking about dracula stabbing him in the chest, and again when hrolf slashed him through the abdomen.

srankmissingnin
1. the op's clarification changes things, deadshot and any of these guys could conceivably win for the majority.

3 that wasn't the instance i was talking about, i was talking about dracula stabbing him in the chest, and again when hrolf slashed him through the abdomen.

Hrolf slashed Blade across the waist, but there is no indication he healed from it. The next time we even see that area on Blade's body is in the next issue, and Blade's costume is completely intact - heroes have regenerating costumes between issue changes all the time. There is no indication he healed from it, and there was no indication it was anything more than a glancing blow in the first place. Off the top of my head, I don't recall what Dracula instance you are referring too but I imagine like everything else it is nothing important.

snoopdogg
3.wow, ok for one everything he has said has matched up with what he has done on-panel. he stated that he didn't believe the gun would do damage, there's no evidence to the contrary, rather more evidence in support, but of course that couldn't be used in a KMC fight, however it surely can't be used to prove he is a liar. You're talking about appearances from his MAX series, nice job trying to low ball a character. Blade has been stabbed/slashed through the chest and healed in a panel or two several times, fact. I go based on whats on the panel, you trying to write off the character as a liar because his statements undermine your argument is plain dirty. Spitfire was slashing his face up with fairly deep wounds as we can see. But by the time the fight was over the deep wounds were gone. Cornell even made a special note to the artist to make sure that those wounds were gone. Tracks...don't get bothered by swank. You know his game by now.

Trackz
Hrolf slashed Blade across the waist, but there is no indication he healed from it. The next time we even see that area on Blade's body is in the next issue, and Blade's costume is completely intact - heroes have regenerating costumes between issue changes all the time. There is no indication he healed from it, and there was no indication it was anything more than a glancing blow in the first place. Off the top of my head, I don't recall what Dracula instance you are referring too but I imagine like everything else it is nothing important.

blood spouts from this gut, and he bends over shake, the shortly after he attacks as if everything is fine. It's not up for debate whether or not he healed from the wound as it is obvious what happened on panel, nice attempt at trying to downplay literally all of his feats though.

YFZ 350
LOL at Punisher being as fast as Blade.

srankmissingnin
blood spouts from this gut, and he bends over shake, the shortly after he attacks as if everything is fine. It's not up for debate whether or not he healed from the wound as it is obvious what happened on panel, nice attempt at trying to downplay literally all of his feats though.

He takes a glancing blow to his midsection that draws blood and he clutches the wound in the next panel. There is no indication of a healing factor, you are just blowing smoke out your ass. If that is an indication of a healing factor every street level hero ever has one.

srankmissingnin
LOL at Punisher being as fast as Blade.

Punisher has better speed feats, therefor he is faster. Speed feats trump vampire heritage. cool

Trackz
He takes a glancing blow to his midsection that draws blood and he clutches the wound in the next panel. There is no indication of a healing factor, you are just blowing smoke out your ass. If that is an indication of a healing factor every street level hero ever has one. wow, ok i think it's apparent to anyone who wants to see you're attempting to low-ball this character. at this point it's blatant and quite ridiculous. also no, punisher does not have greater speed feats. not only that he's never even been cited as remotely having any type of super-human speed.

YFZ 350
Punisher has better speed feats, therefor he is faster. Speed feats trump vampire heritage. cool Can you prove this?

Trackz
Can you prove this? he'll give a speed feat that punisher, we'll present a speed feat and he'll down play every single despite them being better, using double standards and such, not something you want to get into.

srankmissingnin
wow, ok i think it's apparent to anyone who wants to see you're attempting to low-ball this character. at this point it's blatant and quite ridiculous. also no, punisher does not have greater speed feats. not only that he's never even been cited as remotely having any type of super-human speed.

I'm not low balling the character I'm just not making shit up. Taking a glancing blow to the midsection and continuing to fight isn't an indication of a healing factor. The only thing you said in this entire threat that is even remotely accurate is that Punisher has never been said to have super-man speed. That doesn't really matter tough, actions speak louder than words and Punisher has better speed feats than Blade.

snoopdogg
A glancing blow don't usually knock you on the ground making you hold your stomache I don't think for some reason.

srankmissingnin
A glancing blow don't usually knock you on the ground making you hold your stomache I don't think for some reason.

laughing

Dude, a freaking paper cut can make you grab your finger. Getting cut hurts even if the damage is largely superficial. Stop talking out of your ass. Oh, and he didn't get knocked on the ground he hunched over and grabbed his stomach for one panel.

snoopdogg
Blade was on his knees.

srankmissingnin
Blade was on his knees.

No he wasn't.

snoopdogg
Yea, he was. Post the scan.

YFZ 350
he'll give a speed feat that punisher, we'll present a speed feat and he'll down play every single despite them being better, using double standards and such, not something you want to get into. I need to see proof from both parties.

srankmissingnin
Yea, he was. Post the scan.

I'm looking at the book right now, he wasn't.

srankmissingnin
I need to see proof from both parties.

I don't have time to make or shift through a Punisher respect thread because you guys are familiar with the character.

Blade has less that 200 appearances. More than half of them don't really mater all that much since he was still a human. You can DL (I assume Marvel digital comics should have most of them... but I don't use it so I don't know what their library is like) and read them all in less than a night. It won't take very long. Blade doesn't have ANY speed feats that put him above peak human speed. Should he be faster? Well... maybe he is vampire after all, but how fast he should be and how fast he is are two different things.

snoopdogg
I'm looking at the book right now, he wasn't. He was kneeling over holding his stomache with one hand and the other was holding himself upright.

snoopdogg
I need to see proof from both parties. When Blade was on a rooftop overlooking some vampires Punisher tried to sneak up on him but Blade smelled him creeping up on him. Blade pulled his sword and had it at Franks throat before he could pull the trigger. Low and behold Punisher waited for Blade to turn his back before he shot him.

srankmissingnin
When Blade was on a rooftop overlooking some vampires Punisher tried to sneak up on him but Blade smelled him creeping up on him. Blade pulled his sword and had it at Franks throat before he could pull the trigger. Low and behold Punisher waited for Blade to turn his back before he shot him.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I can do that too:

Franks hands where at his side when he was sneaking up on Blade. Blade turned with his sword already draw, and Frank got his arm into position and into Blade's face before Blade could get his sword against Franks neck. Then Blade backed down because he knew he really couldn't slit Franks throat before he got a face full of lead. Punisher waited for Blade to turn around so he could equip a silencer and not alert the mobsters he was after.

YFZ 350
When Blade was on a rooftop overlooking some vampires Punisher tried to sneak up on him but Blade smelled him creeping up on him. Blade pulled his sword and had it at Franks throat before he could pull the trigger. Low and behold Punisher waited for Blade to turn his back before he shot him. I've seen that. That was a cool scene.

srankmissingnin
He was kneeling over holding his stomache with one hand and the other was holding himself upright.

lol

You are so full of shit. He is slightly hunched over and his other arm is extended hold his sword.

YFZ 350
When Blade was on a rooftop overlooking some vampires Punisher tried to sneak up on him but Blade smelled him creeping up on him. Blade pulled his sword and had it at Franks throat before he could pull the trigger. Low and behold Punisher waited for Blade to turn his back before he shot him. I've seen that. That was a cool scene.

YFZ 350
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I can do that too:

Franks hands where at his side when he was sneaking up on Blade. Blade turned with his sword already draw, and Frank got his arm into position and into Blade's face before Blade could get his sword against Franks neck. Then Blade backed down because he knew he really couldn't slit Franks throat before he got a face full of lead. Punisher waited for Blade to turn around so he could equip a silencer and not alert the mobsters he was after. That don't work for me because Blade had his back to Frank though.

snoopdogg
lol

You are so full of shit. He is slightly hunched over and his other arm is extended hold his sword. Post the scan so I can take you to school.

StiltmanFTW
is clint really that outrageously written? I never understand why people are so hard on him and luke. WHen a character rises in popularity he's bound to start beating others.

but what do you think about it, is it bad writing or does daken just fail to use his powers effectively due to over-confidence. He didn't use his pheromones once on punisher.

Rises in popularity...? Bendis just likes him, that's why he's kicking ass. And I actually like Clint as well, it was a simple joke, not hater comment.

Cage on the other hand... meh.

Some writers ignore his powerset or don't even read up on him. I think Remender will remember about his pheromones next time Frank and Daken tussle though.

Trackz
Rises in popularity...? Bendis just likes him, that's why he's kicking ass. And I actually like Clint as well, it was a simple joke, not hater comment.

Cage on the other hand... meh.

Some writers ignore his powerset or don't even read up on him. I think Remender will remember about his pheromones next time Frank and Daken tussle though. clint has become more popular, he has his own series coming but ok, and i thought daken was more the type to get cocky and not use his pheromones all the time.

StiltmanFTW
clint has become more popular, he has his own series coming but ok, and i thought daken was more the type to get cocky and not use his pheromones all the time.

He has? Okay then. I'm looking forward to his solo series smile

He does use the pheromones quite often... in Wolverine Origins and his own series. Other than that, what? Dark X-Men? Fine. What else?

Writers simply don't have the time/don't want to read up on him, that's why he doesn't use his pheromones... or maybe because he didn't want to affect his teammates?

Still, I wouldn't say he jobs so much.

Trackz
He has? Okay then. I'm looking forward to his solo series smile

He does use the pheromones quite often... in Wolverine Origins and his own series. Other than that, what? Dark X-Men? Fine. What else?

Writers simply don't have the time/don't want to read up on him, that's why he doesn't use his pheromones... or maybe because he didn't want to affect his teammates?

Still, I wouldn't say he jobs so much. his series is with him and mockingbird, the preview is up

teammate thing is possible, in wolverine origins he hasn't been using them at all as of late.

StiltmanFTW
his series is with him and mockingbird, the preview is up

teammate thing is possible, in wolverine origins he hasn't been using them at all as of late.

Not a big fan of previews, they spoil too much. I'll wait.

When was the last time he appeared in a fight scene in WO?

Trackz
Not a big fan of previews, they spoil too much. I'll wait.

When was the last time he appeared in a fight scene in WO? dark wolverine he fought logan i believe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.