Blur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Y17YbAOfDE0

Looks pretty awesome. I like how they're marketing it as a Mario Kart clone with realistic visuals.

No End N Site
Bizarre always makes hot car games to me. I gonna be pickin' this up real soon.

Scythe
Originally posted by No End N Site
Bizarre always makes hot car games to me. I gonna be pickin' this up real soon.

I've enjoyed Bizarre's past racin' games too, let me know how you like it when you pick up Blur.

FistOfThe North
yea, the games' power ups and how you'll be able to use 'em against your opponents is why i'm picking up this game. split second is pretty good too.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Scythe
I've enjoyed Bizarre's past racin' games too, let me know how you like it when you pick up Blur.

Can do. Just torn between this and Split Second.

SaTsuJiN
Can do. Just torn between this and Split Second. theres no question for me.. this got it hands down between the two.. I dont think randomly blowing up the track can compare to actually having weapons at your disposal

No End N Site
So Blur is the better choice, eh? Both games do have real cars, right? I'm gettin the one wit actual real life cars, Burnout was a very fun series but I could never get into it cuz of that.

SaTsuJiN
So Blur is the better choice, eh? Both games do have real cars, right? I'm gettin the one wit actual real life cars, Burnout was a very fun series but I could never get into it cuz of that. yeah both have actual cars..

with split second.. you gotta ride peoples currents and drift and such to gain meter, which you then use to blow up the environment..

blur is like mario kart with real cars lol.. <3 <3 unf unf unf

No End N Site
Yeah, I think I might get Blur then. I might get Split Second, too. Just later.

FistOfThe North
i love that new Blur commercial making fun of cute social racing games.

cute monster avatar- "racing's not about winning, it's about making friends..! ughh! (gets punched in the belly by other cute avatar watching a blur race on the other side of the fence.

ha..

the the commrecial ends with the Blur logo with the announcer saying "Blur...it's what the big boys play.."

noice..

FistOfThe North
ha, here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVr0tcBZqGg

death to all mod racers!

SaTsuJiN
blur is definitely the sweetness...I havent played the finished product though.. only the beta they had on XBL like a month or so ago

FistOfThe North
blur = mario cart + split second + need for speed.

Scythe
Hey guys, does Blur have the Nissan GT-R? Anyone know?

No End N Site
I don't think you'll be able to find out until the game hits, has it? I remember watchin' and interview wit one of the developers, he DID NOT want to reveal any cars, at all. He mentioned a few, cuz he slipped up, but none was what you are lookin' for.

Scythe
I don't think you'll be able to find out until the game hits, has it? I remember watchin' and interview wit one of the developers, he DID NOT want to reveal any cars, at all. He mentioned a few, cuz he slipped up, but none was what you are lookin' for.

Oh, okay I wasn't sure if they had revealed any cars. I'll keep an eye out, since that car to me is just simply sex. Haha, it's why I bought the new Gran Turismo for the PSP, and it would be sweet to race and crash that car up.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Scythe
Oh, okay I wasn't sure if they had revealed any cars. I'll keep an eye out, since that car to me is just simply sex. Haha, it's why I bought the new Gran Turismo for the PSP, and it would be sweet to race and crash that car up.

Lol, "Crash that car up", eh?

I want the Viper! My race name..."MAXIMUM VIPER"

Scythe
Lol, "Crash that car up", eh?

I want the Viper! My race name..."MAXIMUM VIPER"

Awesome.

FistOfThe North
so i finally got blur. just ended a 2hr sesison with it. the game's cool. split second has better graphics but are both their own games. (kinda) blur seems faster than s.s. too, for some reason. it has high replay value cause i can't to get to it again it's just i'm mad sleepy right now. can't stay up. (long day), otherwise i'd still be playing the game right now.

there's more to know and figure out with this game than with your avarage racer. they use alot of neo-gamer leet terms that'd make a casual gamer ask "wtf, what.." more than thrice but it's arcade fun at it's core, of course. but if you're into racers than this game should be in your library.

7/10 for now. at times it seemed like there's too much going on at one which made it a littel aggravating.

jinXed by JaNx
This game is Blurtastic

FistOfThe North
what i said made absolutely no sense about replay value. i meant that the game had high replay value to me cause i really wanted play it again. i was just too tired to continue on but i am super ready for blur session right about now. working on fully memorizing which power-up icon illustration is which and which does what, so i won't even think about it while racing. i'll just know.

jinXed by JaNx
This game is just sexy...,damn sexy. Playing this game feels like being re-united with a long lost brother. It just feels right. Kind of like a mixture of, Need for speed, midnight club, burnout and twisted metal. The only complaint i have thus far..,there could be more tracks. It would also be cool to have the option to race any car on any track and in any race. Other than that this game is nice. I suck but it's still fun lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.