Marvel Universe Vs. the Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
All of the marvel has become monsters 'I AM LEGEND' sort of thing, Comes out in August

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26362

Deadline
Sounds good and sounds like it will be better than GEs.

JakeTheBank
Well, at least it will remain non-canon...

BruceSkywalker
dunno if i will buy this

willRules
It can only be better than Punisher kills the Marvel Universe.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, at least it will remain non-canon...

Doctor-Alvis
That was disappointing. I did not read the book but the wiki told me the book version of Robert Neville was legend because the vampire people formed their own society and he was their boogie man, their legendary monster that lived in the sunlight and killed them when they slept. I thought that premise was way more cool and was wondering how they'd pull that off in a Punisher book.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That was disappointing. I did not read the book but the wiki told me the book version of Robert Neville was legend because the vampire people formed their own society and he was their boogie man, their legendary monster that lived in the sunlight and killed them when they slept. I thought that premise was way more cool and was wondering how they'd pull that off in a Punisher book.

that's the gist of it, yes.

Blanket
I wish this was canon.

Deadline
previews.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27040

BlackZero30x
seems like a good read but i wonder if it will be like marvel zombies in the aspect that the story will have alot of holes.....otherwise im pretty sure franky would be dead day one or two.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
seems like a good read but i wonder if it will be like marvel zombies in the aspect that the story will have alot of holes

Well the recent stories for Marvel Zombies have been good from Fred Van Lente give them a shot.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well the recent stories for Marvel Zombies have been good from Fred Van Lente give them a shot.

no no you misunderstand i don't dis like marvel zombies in fact i really do enjoy the story.....but with a series that big i normally buy the GN editions and read them that way and not to mention i haven't been able to buy them for a while so im pretty behind sad

but yea if my statement made me sound like i was against it im sorry lol im not i was just making an observation.

roughrider
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

Well, no one ever wants to fully embrace Richard Mathieson's book right down to the ending & it's implications. None of the feature films have; they all want it to be about one man making a difference and the hope of change. Seems this won't be different.

Kazenji
So Part 1 is out starts off with him hunting Deadpool, Frank says its the 33rd time he's gonna kill him.

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, no one ever wants to fully embrace Richard Mathieson's book right down to the ending & it's implications. None of the feature films have; they all want it to be about one man making a difference and the hope of change. Seems this won't be different.

Anything to do with the character causing the pandemic?

because thats whats in this book.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by roughrider

Still, the original ending is so much better

Deadline
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=6047&disp=table

Kazenji
Jeez that was a quick death for the Hulk, A blade attached to an arrow to the head.

basilisk
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Still, the original ending is so much better

I agree, it was a really interesting, original, and effective end passage in that book. It's disappointing that they had to go for the happier ending in the recent movie - for me it finished off what was already a movie full of plot holes. The Last Man on Earth is a bit closer in that respect but still doesn't follow the book exactly and is a bit creaky.

I hope this Punisher series stays more serious than the Zombies stuff. Although the Lente Zombies stuff is interesting, I wish we had seen more of the Marvel Zombies as they orginally portrayed - as a true horror concept and with that darker, more realistic art. Without all the jokiness and increasingly over the top cosmic stuff that started getting into it later.

SamZED
Just finished reading the last issue. Kinda sad, but I enjoyed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.