Kyp Durron vs RoTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Battle site - Naboo. Who wins?

Hewhoknowsall
Probably Sidious.

I believe that Corran stated that Caedus is the second most powerful person in the galaxy next to Luke, so he's > Kyp. Sidious > Cadus. I know, it's ABC, but a mostly valid one.

Darth_Glentract
Corran also has never been to friendly towards Kyp, so his opinion could be biased. Plus, there's always the argument of what context "power" was being used in. Also, is ROTS Sidious necessarily better than Caedus?

DarthDaniel1001
Yes, yes he is.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Corran also has never been to friendly towards Kyp, so his opinion could be biased. Plus, there's always the argument of what context "power" was being used in. Also, is ROTS Sidious necessarily better than Caedus? More than likely. Perhaps not in the lightsaber department, but in the Force, it's quite likely. Refer to Palpatine's lovechild with Cher Gideon for details.

axel_jovan

DarthDaniel1001
Yeah, and it's been shown that he was equal, if not superior to, Yoda, so I think he can handle this NJO-era punk.

Lord Lucien
That "punk" has power on a similar tier as Luke circa NJO. He's not going down in the first round.

truejedi
This would be a great fight. I'm of the opinion that Kyp would beat Mace, who beat sidious so... (yes, I am making fun of HWKA's ABC argument....)

I'll pick sidious, but I'm hoping someone else writes about Kyp soon so we can get an update.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi
This would be a great fight. I'm of the opinion that Kyp would beat Mace, who beat sidious so... (yes, I am making fun of HWKA's ABC argument....)
B]

I actually said that ABC's only work when A > B and B > C because of X, and X still applies when A > C. Otherwise, it doesn't.

In this case, Mace beat Sidious because of X (Vapaad), which wouldn't apply in a fight between Kyp (and there's no evidence that he could beat Mace) and Sidious.

So actually, you're agreeing with me.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
So actually, you're agreeing with me. You get off on the idea of people agreeing with you, don't you? Doesn't happen enough in your life, does it, Rudy?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You get off on the idea of people agreeing with you, don't you? Doesn't happen enough in your life, does it, Rudy?

You're taking things out of context...again. He said that he's making fun of my argument, but in reality he's agreeing with it.

Lord Lucien
You're taking things out of context...again. He said that he's making fun of my argument, but in reality he's agreeing with it. Taking what out of context? I'm making fun of your lack of self-esteem that manifests in ecstasy every time you think someone's agreeing with you.

mattatom
Taking what out of context? I'm making fun of your lack of self-esteem that manifests in ecstasy every time you think someone's agreeing with you. The key word here I think is "Think".

Hewhoknowsall
Taking what out of context? I'm making fun of your lack of self-esteem that manifests in ecstasy every time you think someone's agreeing with you.

He may not think he's agreeing with me (because he misread my claim), but he actually was. And again, you ARE taking things out of context. The goal of that post was not to boast that he was agreeing with me, but to say that his claim of making fun of me was not only unjustified, he actually was unwittingly agreeing with me.

Lord Lucien
He may not think he's agreeing with me (because he misread my claim), but he actually was. And again, you ARE taking things out of context. The goal of that post was not to boast that he was agreeing with me, but to say that his claim of making fun of me was not only unjustified, he actually was unwittingly agreeing with me. Do you honestly think I take the time to read every piece of detritus that pops out of your head? In this situation I read the last line, and decided to mock it. So stop taking what I'M saying out of context and filling in the lines with what you want to hear.

Hewhoknowsall
Do you honestly think I take the time to read every piece of detritus that pops out of your head? In this situation I read the last line, and decided to mock it. So stop taking what I'M saying out of context and filling in the lines with what you want to hear.

"every piece of detritus" well a lot of what I say may appear to be stupid if you take it out of context, but it really isn't. Like this one; your post that I'm quoting is pretty much admitting that you misinterpreted me, but you spin it to try and make it look bad on me.

Lord Lucien
"every piece of detritus" well a lot of what I say may appear to be stupid if you take it out of context, but it really isn't. Like this one; your post that I'm quoting is pretty much admitting that you misinterpreted me, but you spin it to try and make it look bad on me. Oh God, it's hard to comprehend how someone is so unable to comprehend what he's being told. I'm going to go against my better judgment to try and... teach you something.

You're post:

I actually said that ABC's only work when A > B and B > C because of X, and X still applies when A > C. Otherwise, it doesn't. In this case, Mace beat Sidious because of X (Vapaad), which wouldn't apply in a fight between Kyp (and there's no evidence that he could beat Mace) and Sidious.

So actually, you're agreeing with me.The blue area is what I skipped (read: DID NOT READ). The red area is what I mocked. I separated it from the rest of your post and targeted your character via it. I did not include the blue section in my mockery. I did not mention the blue section at all. I disregarded it completely. I did not take it "out of context". What I did was take it out. Period. My mockery itself paid no homage to the blue section. Not. One. Bit.

Do you understand? Are you capable of understanding?

Red Nemesis
Lucien, could you teach without quoting plz?

kthx

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Lucien, could you teach without quoting plz?

kthx No! No. You're ALWAYS the battleship. You can be the shoe. I want to be the battleship for once.

Hewhoknowsall
Oh God, it's hard to comprehend how someone is so unable to comprehend what he's being told. I'm going to go against my better judgment to try and... teach you something.

You're post:

The blue area is what I skipped (read: DID NOT READ). The red area is what I mocked. I separated it from the rest of your post and targeted your character via it. I did not include the blue section in my mockery. I did not mention the blue section at all. I disregarded it completely. I did not take it "out of context". What I did was take it out. Period. My mockery itself paid no homage to the blue section. Not. One. Bit.

Do you understand? Are you capable of understanding?

I understand what you're saying...and it's invalid. If you were to only look at the red area (which you did), it would seem to be stupid, but that's not fair, because it actually wasn't stupid when combined with the red part, which is what it was intended to be. There's a reason why I included the blue part. It's like as if you said "Ragnos beats Sidious - Not" and if I were to only look at the part before the "Not" then yes, it would seem to be stupid, but included with the "- Not" it really isn't.

Lord Lucien
I understand what you're saying...and it's invalid. If you were to only look at the red area (which you did), it would seem to be stupid, but that's not fair, because it actually wasn't stupid when combined with the red part, which is what it was intended to be. There's a reason why I included the blue part. It's like as if you said "Ragnos beats Sidious - Not" and if I were to only look at the part before the "Not" then yes, it would seem to be stupid, but included with the "- Not" it really isn't. Okay..

Read this. If you legitimately don't understand what Eminence is saying, I'm following his route (and Nai's and Gideon's) and putting you on Ignore. You're foolish stubbornness and passive aggressive self-victimization is becoming more and more irritating.

Hewhoknowsall
Okay..

Read this. If you legitimately don't understand what Eminence is saying, I'm following his route (and Nai's and Gideon's) and putting you on Ignore. You're foolish stubbornness and passive aggressive self-victimization is becoming more and more irritating.

See? You quote my argument and respond to it, but don't actually counter any of the points that I made in it.

Eminence's post was on a different topic; in this one, you mocked me by taking one of my statements out of context.

Enyalus
Can I bump this in the hopes of getting Gideon's or RN's take on the match?

During NJO Kyp says he is more powerful than Luke, and considering he duplicates Luke's feat of manipulating a dovin basil with seemingly less stress than Luke had afterward, it might be believable (I think it is.) He also flat out turns off Jaina's Force Lightning when she hits Kyp with it, which is up there as far as WTFtechniques go.

What does the rest the board think?

RE: Blaxican
I always thought, personally, that Kyp had much more raw force talent than Luke did.

But, on the other hand, I am also black.

Enyalus
As I am half black, does that also explain my mancrush on Kyp?

Galan007
I personally am not of the opinion that duplicating a few of NJO-Luke's feats is enough to put Kyp above someone like Palps, who has very well established (and uber) feats under his belt.

Red Nemesis
I think this is a fight worth thinking about. After 17 more episodes of Avatar, I might have time to think about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.