Thanos vs 100 Green Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheTyrant
No name GLs.
Pre-death Thanos.
CIS, PIS, and CIP are off.

Standard gear for all.
No prep.

Mad titan or the cosmic cops?

Stunner2xx
thanos

Wild Shadow
does he get his standard tech? like a ship that is invisible but we know its where he draws his high end powers from.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by TheTyrant
No name GLs.
Pre-death Thanos.
CIS, PIS, and CIP are off.

Thanos or the GLs? This is spite against the No Names GLs... mad

Omega Vision
GLs win with quite a few casualties. Half of them die.

TheTyrant
Only standard gear.

Wild Shadow
so that is his standard tech his ship...hmm.. thanos easily

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
so that is his standard tech his ship...hmm.. thanos easily
I don't think standard gear includes vehicles unless they're always using them in every/nearly every appearance (like Metron and his chair, Orion and his harness, Surfer and his board, etc.).

Or do you consider the Batmobile standard gear/tech for Batman in every fight?

Badabing
so that is his standard tech his ship...hmm.. thanos easily Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think standard gear includes vehicles unless they're always using them in every/nearly every appearance (like Metron and his chair, Orion and his harness, Surfer and his board, etc.).

Or do you consider the Batmobile standard gear/tech for Batman in every fight? What he said.

TheTyrant
Standard gear is whatever he brings to his fights.

JakeTheBank
GL's.

Parmaniac
It's CIS off so we have 100 GLs at full potential.

Wild Shadow
he actually draws energy from his ships in almost every appearance for his personal use... shields, teleportation

Badabing
This isn't going to turn into a debate about whether Thanos gets a ship. I interpret the rules a "no he doesn't".

The OP says standard gear and a ship isn't standard gear,

Wild Shadow
no but drawing power from it is,, is he going to have one of his ships run a fire run? no... will he raise shields and teleport ppl a galaxy away? yes will he use it to augment his blast ? yes.. will he use it to transmute ppl yes.. will he use it to make stasis cubes? yes... he is connected to his ship always has bn

cdtm
Hate to say it, but I think Thanos could pull it off..

Scrub GL's are usually about two or three levels below your power player GL. Yeah, with numbers they could beat anyone, but 100 may not be enough...

Maybe if they had Guy or one or two other big league players to organize them.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by cdtm
Hate to say it, but I think Thanos could pull it off..

Scrub GL's are usually about two or three levels below your power player GL. Yeah, with numbers they could beat anyone, but 100 may not be enough...

Maybe if they had Guy or one or two other big league players to organize them. CIS is off

Badabing
no but drawing power from it is,, is he going to have one of his ships run a fire run? no... will he raise shields and teleport ppl a galaxy away? yes will he use it to augment his blast ? yes.. will he use it to transmute ppl yes.. will he use it to make stasis cubes? yes... he is connected to his ship always has bn You can take this to a PM or take a warning. I already spoke on the matter. It's durish to think a character hets a ship. BRB doesn't get Scuttlebutt, Batman doesn't get the Batmobile.

If Thanos can't take on people w/o a ship it's not my problem.

Wild Shadow
thanos can stand up to odin and take a beating he can easily stand up to these posers.. probably even take a few rings or drain their energy into himself if he gets his hands on one of them after that they are in trouble..

cdtm
Originally posted by Parmaniac
CIS is off

Point. Lack of CIS can't fix the power gap though.

A lot of non name GL's are scrubs, and can't even, say, capture a falling ship like one of them failed to do in Recharged, where Kilowog had to pick up the slack.

Generally speaking, only a handful of GL's really skirt the high level herald range, with the majority being between mid and low level...

Rage.Of.Olympus
A hundred no name Green Lanterns? Thanos could pull it off I believe.

Spire
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
GL's.

Omega Vision
Prime beat thirty GLs, most of whom were no-names. Thanos isn't Prime though and I can't even see Prime winning against a hundred Low-Mid Heralds at the same time.

Seemed that Prime's biggest advantage over the GLs was his speed, something Thanos doesn't have.

I wouldn't say its impossible for him to win but Thanos is going to have to wear his lucky underwear and eat his Wheaties if he wants to take this without looking like shit afterward.

Of course the same goes for the GLs who as I already stated are assuredly going to suffer serious losses whether they win or lose.

KuRuPT Thanosi
no but drawing power from it is,, is he going to have one of his ships run a fire run? no... will he raise shields and teleport ppl a galaxy away? yes will he use it to augment his blast ? yes.. will he use it to transmute ppl yes.. will he use it to make stasis cubes? yes... he is connected to his ship always has bn

You do realize he can do this stuff without this ship correct?

KuRuPT Thanosi

chomperx9
just cause the GLs dont have any names and arent as popular as kyle or hal that doesnt mean they suck. there are no sorry GLs.

the gaurdians choose their GLs wisely. they have to take a test to see if they are worthy. they dont just go ok next group in line. eeney meeney miney mo ok you right there you are our newest GL welcome to the cor.

it takes skill consentration and talent to be a GL. there are around 5000 GLs and zillions of people out there in the universe im sure there is atleast 5000 characters out there worthy enough to be a GL.

i think 100 GLs would own thanos.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
You can take this to a PM or take a warning. I already spoke on the matter. It's durish to think a character hets a ship. BRB doesn't get Scuttlebutt, Batman doesn't get the Batmobile.

If Thanos can't take on people w/o a ship it's not my problem. i think you mean scuzzlebutt

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4498/animscuzpatduf.gif

TheTyrant
Over 7000 actually.

Inverse ninja law: Thanos wins

Omega Vision

TheTyrant
Leave Prime out of this please.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Leave Prime out of this please.
Why should I? Prime is the best measuring stick for wrecking GL fodder.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why should I? Prime is the best measuring stick for wrecking GL fodder. but prime >> thanos. there for prime shouldnt be used as evidence there when thanos is fighting 100 not 30

Slaanesh
Thanos easily..if Prime can kill most of them without much trouble..Thanos can at least do the same..

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
but prime >> thanos. there for prime shouldnt be used as evidence there when thanos is fighting 100 not 30 Based on what?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why should I? Prime is the best measuring stick for wrecking GL fodder.
As in don't turn this into a Prime vs Thanos thread.

chomperx9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what? i wont even bother. thanos loses to prime. deal with it.

quanchi112
i wont even bother. thanos loses to prime. deal with it. Superboy scarred him for life and Ion took him a while to beat despite lead poisoned. Thanos would wreck Prime.

Lord Feron
Thanos and so easily.

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm
Point. Lack of CIS can't fix the power gap though.

A lot of non name GL's are scrubs, and can't even, say, capture a falling ship like one of them failed to do in Recharged, where Kilowog had to pick up the slack.

Generally speaking, only a handful of GL's really skirt the high level herald range, with the majority being between mid and low level...

100 all focusing power together can still make blasts way above their individual power, though. Even if none of them individually can do much to him, a lot together can be a huge threat.

I'd bet on the GLs out of pooled might.

psycho gundam
BRB doesn't get Scuttlebutt that's iffy

Badabing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's iffy The rules are clear and so am I.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, an argument for Skuttlebutt being standard gear could really made for Bill.

Badabing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, an argument for Skuttlebutt being standard gear could really made for Bill. Enjoy your warning.

Anyone else wanna keep this going?

chomperx9
i think you mean scuzzlebutt

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4498/animscuzpatduf.gif oh my bad for the previous post. didnt know scuttlebutt was something else.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Enjoy your warning.

Anyone else wanna keep this going?

This is my first time. I'm glad it was with you of all people Bada....*sniff*

SCUTTLEBUTT IS STANDARD GEAR FOR BILL!!!!

All joking aside, I might take it to PM"s tomorrow. I'm genuinely interested in the ruling for this.

Badabing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is my first time. I'm glad it was with you of all people Bada....*sniff*

SCUTTLEBUTT IS STANDARD GEAR FOR BILL!!!!

All joking aside, I might take it to PM"s tomorrow. I'm genuinely interested in the ruling for this. No prep = no vehicles. Period. Reed's in his lab a lot, doesn't mean he gets access to all his equipment for a standard vs match. Thanos doesn't have his ship amping him, Batman doesn't get the Batmobile, etc.

The only exceptions would be for characters like Metron. Most posters are aware enough to state that Orion gets his harness or not. It boggles my mind that people post here every day without understanding the basics.

It's a battle, not a grab whatever you want encounter. BRB, Thanos, Batman, etc. would not get their vehicles. End of story.

And thanks to people who just don't understand posting on topic, this thread closed for everyone. When a mod posts to stop, then people should stop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.