Hulk hogan is suing Post cereal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
Hulkster is suing post cereal for using his character in a comercial for cocoa pebbles without permission. he has asked them before to stop in the past but they keep on.

they are using a different name than hulk hogan but anyone who would watch it would think its hulk for sure.

i think hulk boulder is enough evidence there for him to show a resemblance there.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/hulk-hogan-slams-cocoa-pebbles-maker-with-lawsuit--1276

Robtard
LoL.

The Nuul
And the rich get richer.

inimalist
isn't ok to use celebrity liknesses?

like in political cartoons and stuff... or is it just the fact it is for advertising?

Robtard
Money generation is the key, I think.

I wish they had used a pseudo-likeness of the Iron Sheik instead for their villain, would love to hear him go on another rant about anally raping people.

Wild Shadow
obviously they are using hulk's likeness and for a second it sounded like hulk hogan when they announced hulk boulder,.. making money off someones personality and likeness they deserve to pay the person.. if it was a free political cartoon its fine but its generating money off him

chomperx9
Originally posted by inimalist

like in political cartoons and stuff... or is it just the fact it is for advertising? without their permission they cant.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist

like in political cartoons and stuff... or is it just the fact it is for advertising?

You can't do it in ads unless the celebrity is dead. There was a whole Simpsons episode about Homer becoming a hired killed for the advertisement industry.

Wild Shadow
nice that you got your legal advertisement knowledge from the simpsons hulk hogan should hire you for his defense

Nemesis X
You can't blame the guy for wanting to sue a company that made a commercial with him getting his ass kicked by an infant. That commercial has made him look so ridiculous, his friends must be telling jokes behind his back.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You can't blame the guy for wanting to sue a company that made a commercial with him getting his ass kicked by an infant. That commercial has made him look so ridiculous, his friends must be telling jokes behind his back. even if he didnt look bad in the video hogan would still be suing them. its just a cartoon character busting his butt. ok sure in the video bam bam >>> hogan. the next time he shows up on raw are all the fans gonna have a sign holding up go bam bam your the best ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
nice that you got your legal advertisement knowledge from the simpsons hulk hogan should hire you for his defense

Hey now! I have my degree in Tort Law from Lionel Hutz University.

Robtard
There's no shame in losing to Bam Bam, that kid is strong enough to pick up a brontosaurus.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Hey now! I have my degree in Tort Law from Lionel Hutz University. is that the same place where the minister/dr guy from the simpsons got his PHD in truthology?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
is that the same place where the minister/dr guy from the simpsons got his PHD in truthology? no that was springfield university

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by The Nuul
And the rich get richer.
true but he has done so much for charity and not all of it was cause of taxes....you can say this or that but celebs like him WORK hard ...Mr T even paid special visit to someone I knew that had brain cancer...not rich kid or nothin...just mid incomer family kid ....long time ago but knowing the charity werk they do you gotta not judge em...and pebbles should be sued if he asked em to stop in past...anyways cut hulkster some slack eh that f'er werks hard...my fav wrestler was roddy piper by the way...lol...he lost his bad guy image (hulks rival) when he saved some kids and got stabbed doing so...he had to be a "good" guy for awhile after that....cost him damn near his career..anyways...hulk should win his legal battle!!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Hey now! I have my degree in Tort Law from Lionel Hutz University.

lol

Looks like the joke went over some heads.

See, it's jokes like these that make it REALLY hard to believe you have Aspergers.

BruceSkywalker
terry bollea just needs a few extra pennies

jinXed by JaNx
I'm torn on this issue. Firstly, i really don't give a shit but i'm on an internet forum so i'm not fooling anyone...,i really do give a shit...,seriously, though i don't stick out tongue

I understand where the Hulkster is coming from. He worked hard in building his franchised icon status. From a business standpoint this was just a brazen and stupid move by post. On the other hand, Hulk really shouldn't give a shit, because no one else does. In 5-10 more years the Hulk legacy will be forgotten like the Gordie Howe era in Hockey.

I doubt that the Hulk would have cared about this fifteen years ago, but fifteen years ago i bet Post would have contacted the Hulk before making such a commercial, or atleast would have gone out of their way to lessen the likeness of the character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.