Superman prime vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
Superman Prime vs Thanos

who wins.

i searched

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Slaanesh
Prime win

chomperx9
thanos can take on regular old every day supes but i think prime would crush thanos

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
thanos can take on regular old every day supes but i think prime would crush thanos Based on him crushing who?

Slaanesh
i put Prime and Thanos on the same level..with a slight edge to Prime because of his speed and strength..but both of them would crush Supes..

chomperx9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on him crushing who? DS spectre

TheTyrant
Thanos wins.

chomperx9
prime wins

cdtm
Are we talking Final Crisis Superman Prime, or Superman Prime 1 million?

1 million Superman Prime should rape Thanos, considering he powered up the supremely overpowered Superman 1 million, and with a GL ring casually crushed that computer sun.. That's some serious willpower.

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
DS spectre What are you talking about?

Bouboumaster
In a physical fight, Sups prime, but barely. Speed and strenght advantage. Thanos is more versatile, and I think more powerful overall, but I say that Prime would profit more of his own advantages.

With slight prep, Thanos murder him.

Prep-Man
Prime.

Bentley
Spite against that harmless titan.

galactusischere
Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos. What are the arguments for Prime again? Speed? That is about his only advantage in this fight.

Bentley
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos. What are the arguments for Prime again? Speed? That is about his only advantage in this fight.

Durability, strength, fire-power, charisma, hair color, good looks...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Bentley
Durability, strength, fire-power, charisma, hair color, good looks...

Durability? nah. I think they are very comparable. Strength? Based on what.. Again I think they are very comparable. Firepower LOL LOL this is without question false. Prime isn't even really close to Thanos in this area. I give you hair color and looks though.

brownqk
Thanos...

ares834
Prime.

Bentley
Durability? nah. I think they are very comparable. Strength? Based on what.. Again I think they are very comparable. Firepower LOL LOL this is without question false. Prime isn't even really close to Thanos in this area. I give you hair color and looks though.

Now, surviving a universal-destroying explosion its durability.

Strength? You'd be hard pressed to prove Thanos is stronger than regular Supes, and Prime is stronger.

Fire power? Without prep Thanos just can't one shot someone like Superman, a well placed heat vision beam would kill Kal.

The rest goes undisputed cool

KuRuPT Thanosi

Strength? You'd be hard pressed to prove Thanos is stronger than regular Supes, and Prime is stronger.

Fire power? Without prep Thanos just can't one shot someone like Superman, a well placed heat vision beam would kill Kal.

The rest goes undisputed cool

Thanos IS stronger than regular supes imo. I believe they are comparable and any strength advantage either has won't decide this fight. Durability... again.... same as strength.. they are comparable and this won't decide the fight.

My question to you is.. with prep thanos doesn't have the firepower... huh? What are you talking about? Thanos doesn't amp his firepower through prep very often at all. His prep usually involves plans or finding some crazy power source. Not increasing his energy blasts through prep. He outclasses Prime easily here.

Bentley
I'm talking about he having prep such as when he defeated the Hunger. That would be admitedly above standard Prime firepower.

Any feat that puts Thanos in those levels of strength or is it mostly your opinion?

Nihilist
Thanos wins.

Prime struggled with Yat up untill Yat got lead poisoning.

Omega Vision
I'm talking about he having prep such as when he defeated the Hunger. That would be admitedly above standard Prime firepower.

Any feat that puts Thanos in those levels of strength or is it mostly your opinion?
I imagine Kurupt is basing this mostly on him manhandling Classic Drax and bitchslapping Thing and Professor Hulk.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins.

Struggle? We must have read a different fight. Its not like Prime walked all over him but it was clear Prime never really considered Yat an equal and probably would have won anyway even if Yat wasn't poisoned, it just would have taken longer.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Struggle? We must have read a different fight. Its not like Prime walked all over him but it was clear Prime never really considered Yat an equal and probably would have won anyway even if Yat wasn't poisoned, it just would have taken longer. Nah, as usual you are seeing thing through DC vision, Yat was holding out untill then. FACT Prime only started to get the upper hand when Yat got infected by lead.

Omega Vision
Nah, as usual you are seeing thing through DC vision, Yat was holding out untill then. FACT Prime only started to get the upper hand when Yat got infected by lead.
Yat doing his best to match Prime move for move while Prime taunted him =/= Prime struggling with Yat.

The lead poisoning sped up Prime's victory but didn't make it possible by itself.

I really don't see how you can say Prime struggled when he was smiling and cracking jokes the entire time.

"Mmmm. I love the taste of uranium in the morning" doesn't sound like something a struggling person would say, especially not Prime. When Prime struggles he says things like "I'll kill YOU! I'll kill you to DEATH!"

Nihilist
Yat doing his best to match Prime move for move while Prime taunted him =/= Prime struggling with Yat.

The lead poisoning sped up Prime's victory but didn't make it possible by itself.

I really don't see how you can say Prime struggled when he was smiling and cracking jokes the entire time.

"Mmmm. I love the taste of uranium in the morning" doesn't sound like something a struggling person would say, especially not Prime. When Prime struggles he says things like "I'll kill YOU! I'll kill you to DEATH!" Wow, Prime talking like a backward retard like his is and always does=means Yat wasnt in the fight up untill the lead poisoning.

Typical DC wank.

Omega Vision
Wow, Prime talking like a backward retard like his is and always does=means Yat wasnt in the fight up untill the lead poisoning.

Typical DC wank.
I'm merely questioning the validity of the term "struggle" as it applies to the Prime-Yat fight. If anything it was Yat who struggled with Prime.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Blanket
I imagine Kurupt is basing this mostly on him manhandling Classic Drax and bitchslapping Thing and Professor Hulk. Killing Surfer?

Omega Vision
^ Didn't he have an amp when he took on DP Tyrant?

cdtm
Prime didn't really seem to be taking the fight seriously, at any point.

And besides, this wasn't Superman Prime. SMP was when he subdued an alt Zatanna and tortured Mxy, took out a Source Wall with his heat vision (If you know anything about the Source Wall, you'll understand how ridiculous this feat is), survived some of Monarchs attacks (Even if Monarch was taking Prime about as seriously as Prime took Yat.), tore through Monarchs chest armor like tissue paper when entire teams of Lanterns, Supermen, Captain Atoms failed to do so.

And survived a universal explosion.

Thanos is overmatched.

cdtm

He was using one of Tyrants spheres.

Still a big feat for Thanos.

Not nearly enough to win him this match though.

YFZ 350
Prime should win.

Kid Kurdy
I imagine Kurupt is basing this mostly on him manhandling Classic Drax and bitchslapping Thing and Professor Hulk.
You mean pushing Professor Hulk and Drax a bit, without hurting them ?

Great strength feat for Thanos roll eyes (sarcastic)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
You mean pushing Professor Hulk and Drax a bit, without hurting them ?

Great strength feat for Thanos roll eyes (sarcastic)

How about you read what I wrote and why I think Thanos is as strong as prime not what somebody was saying they think I mean.

Blanket
How about you read what I wrote and why I think Thanos is as strong as prime not what somebody was saying they think I mean. He'd rather blindly hate on Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi

No that orb didn't amp him at all. As shown later it was an orb full of ONLY knowledge not power. It even uses the line.. knowledge is power. However, as far as amping him for that fight... nope that was his strength alone.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by cdtm
He was using one of Tyrants spheres.

Still a big feat for Thanos.

Not nearly enough to win him this match though. Nope only an orb of knowledge.

Omega Vision
No that orb didn't amp him at all. As shown later it was an orb full of ONLY knowledge not power. It even uses the line.. knowledge is power. However, as far as amping him for that fight... nope that was his strength alone.
Clearly the Orb included knowledge of Hulk Hogan's wrestling prowess. uhuh

stick out tongue

cdtm
Thanos was firing through the orb. If it wasn't doing something to amp him, he wouldn't be focusing through it.

Blanket
The orb contained Morg's Power Cosmic.

Offensive blasts only it seemed. However, it is heavily implied Thanos amped himself with the orb afterwards, so meh.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Blanket
The orb contained Morg's Power Cosmic.

Offensive blasts only it seemed. However, it is heavily implied Thanos amped himself with the orb afterwards, so meh.

I can find the scan if needed but it was made very clear the orb contained knowledge and knowledge is power. It said that exact thing. True we all thought it contained Morg's power cosmic at first but after this subsequent story that was put to rest.

Blanket
I can find the scan if needed but it was made very clear the orb contained knowledge and knowledge is power. It said that exact thing. True we all thought it contained Morg's power cosmic at first but after this subsequent story that was put to rest. So, it explicably said that Morg's Power Cosmic was not in the Orb?

Or are you just assuming this because it called the Orb knowldge? Which completely goes against nothing at all.

-Pr-
serious question: what are thanos's best non-amped strength and durability feats?

i'd greatly appreciate anyone posting scans too.

Blanket
Originally posted by -Pr-
serious question: what are thanos's best non-amped strength and durability feats?

i'd greatly appreciate anyone posting scans too. Off the top of my head...

Killing Surfer with punches.

And taking multiple shots from IG Magus.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-17.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-18.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-19.jpg

Hold on, ya, I gave up looking for the Surfer scans.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, it explicably said that Morg's Power Cosmic was not in the Orb?

Or are you just assuming this because it called the Orb knowldge? Which completely goes against nothing at all.

Well my question to you then is how would a orb of knowledge amp his blast in any way, shape or form? You said it helped his offensive blast and I'm wondering how that is possible with the orb seeming to contain only knowledge? You said it contained Morg's power cosmic which some of the orbs did. After all he was siphoning his power cosmic from him. However, when it says it's knowledge and knowledge is power it seems pretty clear it wasn't an amp to thanos of power cosmic energy.

Blanket
Well my question to you then is how would a orb of knowledge amp his blast in any way, shape or form? You said it helped his offensive blast and I'm wondering how that is possible with the orb seeming to contain only knowledge? You said it contained Morg's power cosmic which some of the orbs did. After all he was siphoning his power cosmic from him. However, when it says it's knowledge and knowledge is power it seems pretty clear it wasn't an amp to thanos of power cosmic energy. Thanks for answering my question.

So, your basis is 'knowledge'... which goes against nothing... at all. thumb up

quanchi112

The rest goes undisputed cool That's never been proven.Originally posted by Omega Vision
Struggle? We must have read a different fight. Its not like Prime walked all over him but it was clear Prime never really considered Yat an equal and probably would have won anyway even if Yat wasn't poisoned, it just would have taken longer. A stomp is a onesided affair that ends very quickly take for instance Thanos vs. the Surfer. The fight ended quickly and decisively whereas Prime took a while as they exchanged blows and even exposed him to lead which he fought back even then. Thanos wins all day.

Philosophía
Off the top of my head...

Killing Surfer with punches.

And taking multiple shots from IG Magus.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-17.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-18.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-19.jpg

Hold on, ya, I gave up looking for the Surfer scans. Yeah, Superman would beat Thanos' ass.

quanchi112

Blanket

cdtm
That's never been proven. A stomp is a onesided affair that ends very quickly take for instance Thanos vs. the Surfer. The fight ended quickly and decisively whereas Prime took a while as they exchanged blows and even exposed him to lead which he fought back even then. Thanos wins all day.

But this isn't Superboy Prime. This is Superman Prime, powered up on Guardian juice.

He took out The Source Wall with his heat vision. Promethean Giants could not pierce The Source Wall... It was basically unbreakable by anything less than divine power, and SMP broke it up with HV.

Stunner2xx
Thanos wins.

read the comic again. prime pretty much spanked him throughout that fight. yat god some slicks in but still get pwnt without the leadpoisoning part. dont use that as a crutch

KuRuPT Thanosi

Philosophía
tl;dr

Superman would have been killed from the slap. He'd have no sold him and then go straight through his head.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanks for answering my question.

So, your basis is 'knowledge'... which goes against nothing... at all. thumb up

Yet you never answered my query.. how does a orb contained with Knowledge amp his offensive blast power... I'm guessing you didn't answer because it doesn't make sense eh?

Blanket
Yet you never answered my query.. how does a orb contained with Knowledge amp his offensive blast power... I'm guessing you didn't answer because it doesn't make sense eh? Because you ignored what I said in the first place.

First off, the orb had Morg's power cosmic in it.

Second, 'knowledge' doesn't contradict anything at all.

Third, you must have some pretty solid proof as to why that orb didn't have Morg's cosmic power in it, so by all means, show me my errors here.

Oh, and forth, the whole point of the orbs was to house power in them so Tyrant could become more powerful. no expression
Ya, they're considered knowledge to someone studying them, but that doesn't override the fact that power is stored in them. Which again, goes back to nothing being contradicted like you so hope.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I forgot to add these examples....

His fight with Odin is another example.. it was made clear by Marvel that they feel he can compete with him... lines such as... I haven't fought a foe like you in Eons.... You draw on a power source as infinite as mine. They made it clear that thanos can stand up to him and keep fighting

His fight with Tyrant who is above anybody in this matchup is further proof. He did very well against him and even matched his strength for awhile

His fight with Maker (BeyonderS) where he WTF pwns her with ease

He just doesn't have the low showings others suffer from. He has very few losses to anybody below him and I think Marvel has done this to make it clear he is above powerhouses with crazy feats of beating people and lifting stuff such as Thor, Hulk, SS, Hercules, Drax etc etc. Marvel makes them look like weak feebs compared to Thanos. They have him slap them around and look like children next to him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because you ignored what I said in the first place.

First off, the orb had Morg's power cosmic in it.

Second, 'knowledge' doesn't contradict anything at all.

Third, you must have some pretty solid proof as to why that orb didn't have Morg's cosmic power in it, so by all means, show me my errors here.

Oh, and forth, the whole point of the orbs was to house power in them so Tyrant could become more powerful. no expression
Ya, they're considered knowledge to someone studying them, but that doesn't override the fact that power is stored in them. Which again, goes back to nothing being contradicted like you so hope.

So tell tme then.. when Thanos said the orbs contained knowledge and knowledge is power.. you feel like it didn't and contained the power cosmic? They aren't the same thing. One in a energy source which if drained and fused with you could increase your power. The other is knowledge and comes from learning stuff and based on stuff extracts from some mind source.

You do realize the only orbs that Tyrant has weren't from Morg right? Thus maybe Thanos thought he had gotten one of Morg's power cosmic orbs but instead maybe got an orb that contained knowlege that Morg had or some other source.

Point being they make it contains knowledge and knowlege is power. If it contained power cosmic why wouldn't they say... this contains power cosmic and I'm not going to absorb it into myself or something to that effect. If it contained energy/power they could've used any number of adjectives to convey that. They didn't say anything of the sort. They said knowledge. So again.. how does an orb containing knowledge INCREASE is offensive power output?

nicamarvin
Durability, strength, fire-power, charisma, hair color, good looks... Thanos ***** slap that emo.....Thanos has more durability and strenght... smokin'

Blanket
So tell tme then.. when Thanos said the orbs contained knowledge and knowledge is power.. you feel like it didn't and contained the power cosmic? They aren't the same thing. One in a energy source which if drained and fused with you could increase your power. The other is knowledge and comes from learning stuff and based on stuff extracts from some mind source.

You do realize the only orbs that Tyrant has weren't from Morg right? Thus maybe Thanos thought he had gotten one of Morg's power cosmic orbs but instead maybe got an orb that contained knowlege that Morg had or some other source.

Point being they make it contains knowledge and knowlege is power. If it contained power cosmic why wouldn't they say... this contains power cosmic and I'm not going to absorb it into myself or something to that effect. If it contained energy/power they could've used any number of adjectives to convey that. They didn't say anything of the sort. They said knowledge. So again.. how does an orb containing knowledge INCREASE is offensive power output? I realize that knowldge is power, but it was written/shown plain as day that he had Morg's power cosmic orb. He even had Tyrant's computer find the orb for him.

Same way an orb containing knowledge shoots purple beams out of it. Because it's not just 'knowledge'. Sure there's things to dissect there (power, how it works, the purpose, etc), but you can't pick and choose just because they started calling it 'knowledge'.

Kid Kurdy

Thanos has not much strength feats. Punching Hulk and Drax at the same time - without really hurting him - is apparantly this huge strength feat.

Did I forget something ? Champion ? He punched him once, I think. He did not beat him with his fists, but tricked him. Beating Surfer to death ? Under the same circumstances, savage Hulk could do exactly the same thing.

paisapower
PRIME wins all day!
THANOS wins all night (the nights hes dreaming anyway)

JakeTheBank
Someone is getting killed...

To Death.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Someone is getting killed...

To Death.

You're right DOS all over again. Except it will now be called DOSP

BattleMage
Thanos is to much

Omega Vision
You're right DOS all over again. Except it will now be called DOSP
So they both die but Superman Prime dies after Thanos in the arms of the woman he loves? Hardly a victory for Thanos. stick out tongue

Estacado
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Thanos has not much strength feats. Punching Hulk and Drax at the same time - without really hurting him - is apparantly this huge strength feat.

Did I forget something ? Champion ? He punched him once, I think. He did not beat him with his fists, but tricked him. Beating Surfer to death ? Under the same circumstances, savage Hulk could do exactly the same thing.
Too bad that Bannerless Hulk already tried and failed to even hurt Surfer.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So they both die but Superman Prime dies after Thanos in the arms of the woman he loves? Hardly a victory for Thanos. stick out tongue

lol lol exactly

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Too bad that Bannerless Hulk already tried and failed to even hurt Surfer. Too bad Thanos beat Surfer to near death with a few punches.

McNasty996
Superman has his anti-monitor armor on.
Bfr is off
CIS,PIS is off
If this has been done before please message me with link

snazy
Superman prime

Slaanesh
Prime

TheTyrant
Thanos.

BattleMage
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Thanos.

Tattoos N Scars
Prime in an epic stomp.

McNasty996
Can I have some more elaborated answers as to why
you make your choices I'm not calling anyone wrong but I
would like to hear a little more detail into why

Cubey
Prime's fight with Monarch makes me think he takes it. He pretty much beat the Anti-Monitor (albeit the SCW version). Then there's the fact that he utterly stomped Mxy (off-panel and PIS-soaked I know, but still).

Thanos has been able to draw the Maker, but that really doesn't mean much since she was pretty much a drained Cube Being. She didn't even fight him at full-force and was pretty messed up mentally as well. He surprise attacked Galactus, which didn't end up good for him, and was eating dirt in front of Odin.

So IMO SMP takes it.

Tattoos N Scars
Imo, SMP is basically a pre-crisis level being. I don't think Thanos can deal with something like that without having anything short of a power gem.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Cubey
Prime's fight with Monarch makes me think he takes it. He pretty much beat the Anti-Monitor (albeit the SCW version). Then there's the fact that he utterly stomped Mxy (off-panel and PIS-soaked I know, but still).

Thanos has been able to draw the Maker, but that really doesn't mean much since she was pretty much a drained Cube Being. She didn't even fight him at full-force and was pretty messed up mentally as well. He surprise attacked Galactus, which didn't end up good for him, and was eating dirt in front of Odin.

So IMO SMP takes it.

Mxy Stomp wasn't PIS there was a reason for it. His universe is technically outside the multiverse now and because of that conventional reality warp abilities don't work on him now because the rules of his universe are different and the properties carried over to Prime. Anyways yeah prime stomps.

Jonah Hex
Emoboy Prime wins

Galan007
Originally posted by Cubey
Prime's fight with Monarch makes me think he takes it. He pretty much beat the Anti-Monitor (albeit the SCW version). After AM had just endured a galaxy-busting explosion at ground zero, you mean? stick out tongue

...And I'm not even going to get into the Mxy ridiculousness.sly

Anywho, Prime does win imo. Never would I give the odds to Thanos vs. this team (+ Superman, Supergirl, and Powergirl):

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8886/prime1.th.jpg

But Prime (at less than full power, and at night) competed with them quite well.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Galan007
After AM had just endured a galaxy-busting explosion at ground zero, you mean? stick out tongue

Anywho, Prime does win imo. Never would I give the odds to Thanos vs. this team (+ Superman, Supergirl, and Powergirl):

But Prime (at less than full power, and at night) competed with them quite well.

Competed LOL he took on Green Lantern Corps. DC-1 Superman and DC-2 at once and killed 1 of the supermen and only got beat because he finally fully depowered and depowered teen versus depowered adult both with combat experience the teen is going to lose.

Bentley
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Prime in an epic stomp.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos wins. Prime's fight with Monarch proves nothing to me. Monarch wasn't going all out and Thanos doesn't have a suit to open up to kill him. Not really applicable.

Gecko4lif

But Prime (at less than full power, and at night) bested them quite easily

edited for truth

Galan007
Originally posted by Uriel005
Competed LOL he took on Green Lantern Corps. DC-1 Superman and DC-2 at once and killed 1 of the supermen and only got beat because he finally fully depowered and depowered teen versus depowered adult both with combat experience the teen is going to lose. While I do agree with this post, you're referencing Prime's battle(s) in IC. The scan I posted is from SCW.

BattleMage
Originally posted by McNasty996
Can I have some more elaborated answers as to why
you make your choices I'm not calling anyone wrong but I
would like to hear a little more detail into why Thanos big grin

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Prime in an epic stomp.

McNasty996
Hmm thanks for the input so would you say prime could
compete with skyfathers?

OneDumbG0
After AM had just endured a galaxy-busting explosion at ground zero, you mean? stick out tongue

But Prime (at less than full power, and at night) competed with them quite well. No Guy Gardner there. Clearly a lesser feat than WW3 Black Adam's. biscuits

Uriel005
Lol he's in this one with his back turned.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/superboy%20prime%20green%20lantern/ChpGLCorps/InCrisis07color.jpg

shokosugi
regular superman beats thanos. SBP will kill him.

Prep-Man
Prime.

marvelmadness13
Prime unless Thanos gets prep.

mykke
Originally posted by shokosugi
regular superman beats thanos. SBP will kill him.
LOL funny joke, regular supes goes down hard... Prime wins tho

Cartesian Doubt
Amazing ... a few years ago, according to this forum Prime wouldn't stand a chance. Whats had a massive impact upon the Status Quo ?

Gecko4lif
The banning of retards

Stoic
I reserve the right to give an opinion on this once the Thanos Imperative is over.

Philosophía
Prime.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Amazing ... a few years ago, according to this forum Prime wouldn't stand a chance. Whats had a massive impact upon the Status Quo ? The fact that this thread has stips?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Uriel005
Lol he's in this one with his back turned.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/superboy%20prime%20green%20lantern/ChpGLCorps/InCrisis07color.jpg That's not the same fight. That scan is from Infinite Crisis, not Sinestro Corps War.

In any case, in Infinite Crisis, Guy was just getting warmed up til the Supermen took over. Those gloryhound Supermen... sneer

Deadline
**** GG, Batman made him shit his pants.

OMIGOD BATMAN STARED AT ME CAN'T SIT AT THE JLA TABLE!!! WAHHHH!!!!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos wins this fight. It's a good fight but thanos takes 5.5 out of ten

Kid Kurdy
Thanos wins this fight. It's a good fight but thanos takes 5.5 out of ten
How ?

ankur29
prime ftw

paisapower
Prime for the Massacre

zeel
thanos better have some prep and tech on hand otherwise prime.

However there is no stompage here on either side.

Hank_Henshaw
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Thanos.
Dies horribly

BobbyD
I checked the old logs to see if this has been done before, but I couldn't/didn't find anything.

Thoughts?

iceman24567
It has been done and Prime beats that ass

KuRuPT Thanosi
It has been done and Thanos wins a clear majority

carver9
I always wanted to know... who would win, thanos or the monarch that prime fought. If you all can answer that for me, that will help me with this battle.

BobbyD
Originally posted by iceman24567
It has been done and Prime beats that ass

How?

BobbyD
It has been done and Thanos wins a clear majority

How?

Badabing
Been done a few times. Merged.

Black bolt z
Thanos should win.

Omega Vision
Prime.

Starscream M
Prime. is overrated.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
is overrated. And underrated.

But thanos should still win.

Omega Vision
is overrated.
I'd counter and say you're overrated, but then I can't for the life of me recall anyone besides you who's ever given a good assessment of you.

Or your opinion for that matter.

Brockalizer
Thanos would dong smack Superman. Supes may be faster, but Thanos has immortality on his side. Thanos is also intellectually superior to Superman. He would devise the perfect strategy for dealing with the Big Blue Boyscout.

Starscream M
I'd counter and say you're overrated, but then I can't for the life of me recall anyone besides you who's ever given a good assessment of you.

Or your opinion for that matter. that was uncalled for, dood erm

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Thanos would dong smack Superman. Supes may be faster, but Thanos has immortality on his side. Thanos is also intellectually superior to Superman. He would devise the perfect strategy for dealing with the Big Blue Boyscout.
Lol. Do you even know who Superman Prime is?

quanchi112
Prime. Not a chance.

BobbyD
Not a chance.

Why?

iceman24567
is overrated. Yet Thanos isn't? Prime pile drives Thanos for the dub

Nihilist
Thanos

carver9
Ok... if people are giving thanos the majority against superman prime, I'm pretty sure they think thanos could STOMP superboy prime which would be kind of crazy if they are thinking this.

Nihilist
Originally posted by carver9
Ok... if people are giving thanos the majority against superman prime, I'm pretty sure they think thanos could STOMP superboy prime which would be kind of crazy if they are thinking this. Who thinks he stomps?

Omega Vision
Who thinks he stomps?
You mean other than Quan?

Nihilist
You mean other than Quan? Yes

iceman24567
laughing

carver9
Who thinks he stomps?

Think about it... superman prime was in a completely different tier physically than superboy prime... the guy had a amp by a being that is clearly over trans level. What I am saying is that if you all are giving thanos a 6/10 against superman prime, its pretty obvious that superboy prime wouldn't be that much of a problem since he doesn't have that amazing amp that made him last in a fight against monarch.

Superman Prime>superboy prime... you all are saying thanos is either = or > superman prime which would mean that thanos could stomp superboy prime.

If you give thanos a 6/10 against superboy prime or a even split, he doesn't stand a chance in hell of beating superman prime...

So what is it that you are trying to say?

Nihilist
Think about it... superman prime was in a completely different tier physically than superboy prime... the guy had a amp by a being that is clearly over trans level. What I am saying is that if you all are giving thanos a 6/10 against superman prime, its pretty obvious that superboy prime wouldn't be that much of a problem since he doesn't have that amazing amp that made him last in a fight against monarch.

Superman Prime>superboy prime... you all are saying thanos is either = or > superman prime which would mean that thanos could stomp superboy prime.

If you give thanos a 6/10 against superboy prime or a even split, he doesn't stand a chance in hell of beating superman prime...

So what is it that you are trying to say? Superman Prime wasnt over Trans lvl at all by much, at best he was low end Skyfather like Thanos.

Id give Thanos a 7-8/10 against Boy Prime and 5.5/10 against Man Pime.

carver9
Superman Prime wasnt over Trans lvl at all by much, at best he was low end Skyfather like Thanos.

Id give Thanos a 7-8/10 against Boy Prime and 5.5/10 against Man Pime.

Lol... I never said that prime was trans... I said the AMP that he received was froma being that is over trans (guardian).

Your votes do not make sense. How can you give thanos a 6 out of 10 against superma prime but only give him a 7/10 against superboy prime?

I don't get it. If he could pull some wins from superman prime... a majority, he should be able to stomp superboy.

Please explain.

Nihilist
Lol... I never said that prime was trans... I said the AMP that he received was froma being that is over trans (guardian).

Your votes do not make sense. How can you give thanos a 6 out of 10 against superma prime but only give him a 7/10 against superboy prime?

I don't get it. If he could pull some wins from superman prime... a majority, he should be able to stomp superboy.

Please explain. I said 7 to 8 wins and 5.5 against Man Prime so he only just takes the majority, so with Primes Amp, Thanos takes a couple of wins less as i believe Prime amp gets blown way out of proportian.

carver9
I said 7 to 8 wins and 5.5 against Man Prime so he only just takes the majority, so with Primes Amp, Thanos takes a couple of wins less as i believe Prime amp gets blown way out of proportian.

So you don't believe the amp gave him a significant increase on his stats?

Nihilist
So you don't believe the amp gave him a significant increase on his stats? A increase yes, significant to the extent it gets hyped too, no.

carver9
A increase yes, significant to the extent it gets hyped too, no.

But that version of prime was running through people like candy... do you think regular prime could perform his feats?

zeel
Originally posted by cdtm
Prime didn't really seem to be taking the fight seriously, at any point.

And besides, this wasn't Superman Prime. SMP was when he subdued an alt Zatanna and tortured Mxy, took out a Source Wall with his heat vision (If you know anything about the Source Wall, you'll understand how ridiculous this feat is), survived some of Monarchs attacks (Even if Monarch was taking Prime about as seriously as Prime took Yat.), tore through Monarchs chest armor like tissue paper when entire teams of Lanterns, Supermen, Captain Atoms failed to do so.

And survived a universal explosion.

Thanos is overmatched.

prime even scratchingmxy is crap writing mxy> 1000 primes.

thanos wins due to the fact that prime is mentally unstable, unpredicatable, arragont and just a shitty character all around.

paisapower
It seems to me that all the guardian amp did was mature him into an adult. So the power difference would be that of a 16 yr old compared to a 30 yr old athletic man. Probably around 35 %

Galan007
^ When the Guardian detonated, Prime's cells absorbed those energies (much like they do with solar radiation), and he was warped into the multiverse. He appeared to mature because his muscles were, quite literally, swollen with Guardian-power.

Anyhow, from a percentage standpoint we have no idea how much of a boost Prime gained -- but we do know that it was obviously quite significant, considering some of the feats he had while in that state:

-a complete immunity to magic.
-strength enough to casually destroy worlds.
-the ability to not only locate alternate universes/dimensions, but travel to them via punching holes through spacetime.
-HV capable of slagging the Source Wall.
-Overall power sufficient to hang with post-Countdown: Arena Monarch (uber.)
etc.

paisapower
^ When the Guardian detonated, Prime's cells absorbed those energies (much like they do with solar radiation), and he was warped into the multiverse. He appeared to mature because his muscles were, quite literally, swollen with Guardian-power.

Anyhow, from a percentage standpoint we have no idea how much of a boost Prime gained -- but we do know that it was obviously quite significant, considering some of the feats he had while in that state:

-a complete immunity to magic.
-strength enough to casually destroy worlds.
-the ability to not only locate alternate universes/dimensions, but travel to them via punching holes through spacetime.
-HV capable of slagging the Source Wall.
-Overall power sufficient to hang with post-Countdown: Arena Monarch (uber.)
etc.

I agree that the percentage thing is baseless. Just guessing realy

As for magic, he was already immune. At least we never saw anything magic bother him, so we dont know how to gage it

He had srength enough to move planets at faster than light speed which I believe is at least the equal of destroying one casually

And the alternate dimension punching, well he had already punched his way out of phantom zone and got out of speed force someway. Wouldnt have bothered punching into alternate universe since he didnt even know they existed

Source Wall, I got nothing to compare so

And monarch had a good time with that bald superman who except for energy manipulation I wouldnt put as stronger or more durable than prime

Galan007
Originally posted by paisapower
I agree that the percentage thing is baseless. Just guessing realy

As for magic, he was already immune. At least we never saw anything magic bother him, so we dont know how to gage it

He had srength enough to move planets at faster than light speed which I believe is at least the equal of destroying one casually

And the alternate dimension punching, well he had already punched his way out of phantom zone and got out of speed force someway. Wouldnt have bothered punching into alternate universe since he didnt even know they existed

Source Wall, I got nothing to compare so

And monarch had a good time with that bald superman who except for energy manipulation I wouldnt put as stronger or more durable than prime Magic: We saw GA Prime demonstrate an immunity to Mxy. Before that, the best anti-magic feat he had (iirc) was against the magics in BA's punches. Huge difference.

Strength: Yeah I thought about him moving planets around... I guess I was just impressed with the casual ease in which he was able to destroy worlds with the GA.

Dimension-hopping: We have no clue how he got out of the speed force, so there's no comparison there. The closest thing we have is him punching out of the Phantom Zone -- and impressive as that may be, imo it's not as impressive as pinpointing the precise location of the 5th dimension, then punching a hole through time/space directly to it.

Monarch: In Arena, Monarch was written to be ridiculously powerful. Able to simultaneously own every version of Captain Atom in the multiverse + numerous Supermen + several GL's, with a ludicrous amount of ease... Then he absorbed all of their powers and added it to his own... Then he and Prime battled. Granted, I think Monarch was jobbing more than he should have -- but the fact that he wasn't able to one-shot Prime, like he did to everyone else, is a HUGE feat for Prime. Imo.

iceman24567
The bald Superman Kal Kent was amped and even before the amp it was obvious he was above your average Supermen yet Monarch still beat that ass

Galan007
^ thumb up

In fact, Kal unloaded ALL of his power on Monarch, and he wasn't even scratched.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>