Ammonia based solvent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Autokrat
I've been trying to develop an alien species and I'm making them ammonia based with a nitrogen-phosphorous based biochemistry.

However I'm not sure how the plants would work out photosynthesis and what these aliens would breathe in and exhale.

Chlorine? Nitrogen?

Does anyone know what it might be?

And how would their blood work? Would they have sodium in their blood?

Wild Shadow
i have no clue are you making some kinda fanfic or are you just a mad genius scientist in his basement plotting to kill the world?

Autokrat
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i have no clue are you making some kinda fanfic or are you just a mad genius scientist in his basement plotting to kill the world?

I've been developing a "hard" (sort of) sci-fi and to that end, I want the one alien race I create to be actually alien in every way.

As opposed to some rubber forhead star trek alien of the week.

Symmetric Chaos

Autokrat

inimalist
there are some theories in astrobiology, however, that suppose because of how stable carbon bonds are, they might be required for the building blocks of life, similar to how it there very likely to be some type of "replicator", analogous to the gene, as that would be almost a universal necessity for the propogation of life.

I'm sure that is useless, as you said you wanted something specific, but I don't know chemistry well enough to help and wanted to make everyone hear my opinion anyways

Wild Shadow
so these creatures would need to wear bio suits with nitrogen to keep from blowing if they invade earth if they plan on being on the planet for more then a couple of hours?

also with coolant units to keep the temp from hoing above 100 F

Autokrat
so these creatures would need to wear bio suits with nitrogen to keep from blowing if they invade earth if they plan on being on the planet for more then a couple of hours?

They wouldn't want to invade Earth. To them its an horrific wasteland filled with acid oceans of water.

Symmetric Chaos

Going above -25F you mean. The negative sign on the 100 got moved in the shift from my PDF.

Wild Shadow
oohh so it be extremely chilly winter storm in alaska type deal?

Symmetric Chaos

Wild Shadow
interesting lets keep this going

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.