Dante (DI) vs. Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
This is from dante's inferno. Both characters only have their trademark weapons and skill here. It's scythe vs. blades. Both are told they will get their loved ones back if they prevail. Kraots gets his family back while Dante gets Beatrice back.

Who prevails?

Burning thought
What the hell is Dante going to do to stop Kratos? iirc hes not much better than a normal man in most cases other than some interesting special moves against demons who physically appear much stronger than him. Kratos is far beyond him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Burning thought
What the hell is Dante going to do to stop Kratos? iirc hes not much better than a normal man in most cases other than some interesting special moves against demons who physically appear much stronger than him. Kratos is far beyond him. I disagree. He isn't some normal man. A normal man doesn't stomp death right after he was killed/wounded. A normal man isn't referred to as being the best by Lucifer in realsing his true form. He went through hell and stomp everyone in his path and the enemy he fought at the end was far more than any boss Kratos or Kain faced off against.

I think Dante wins.

MooCowofJustice
He's going to need more than Lucifer saying he's good and pointing out a fake butterfly to Death in order to beat Kratos.

BloodRain
Recently got the game and not far in to know so, what kind of feats are we talking here?

Burning thought
Originally posted by quanchi112
I disagree. He isn't some normal man. A normal man doesn't stomp death right after he was killed/wounded. A normal man isn't referred to as being the best by Lucifer in realsing his true form. He went through hell and stomp everyone in his path and the enemy he fought at the end was far more than any boss Kratos or Kain faced off against.

I think Dante wins.

No hes not, Lucifer is not beyond any of their opponents. Infact the Lucifer Dante faced was a minor threat to both Kain and Kratos by far, Lucifer did not employ powers or size or strength beyond that which the former mentioned have already surpassed.

Dante is not much better than a normal man, I am sorry but I will give you that hes stronger than a normal man, can jump higher than typically possible but other than that, its his weapons like the holy cross and deaths scythe that make him. A lot of Dantes journey is conceptual, e.g his feats of overcoming his own sins such as greed, traitor etc are all more important here in Dantes list of feats but are not that gaugable to Kain and Kratos.

Sin_Volvagia
This thread has been done plenty of times.

Dante's greatest strength feats is equal to Kratos's less impressive ones and Death's Scythe does things that the Blades of Chaos/Athena/Exile could do (besides stretching and forming into a spear). The Cross can easily be Golden fleeced or dodged. The magic that Dante has over Kratos is the Divine Armor since it makes him invincible and allows him to absorb damage. Sins of the Father can help since it homes but I'm sure Kratos can deflect it. Martyrdom, the AoE spell, is too risky as he risks losing health when he uses it.

Kratos can summon spectral Spartans to shield him and rain arrows in the area, summon the souls of his enemies, summon quakes with his onyx-smashing gauntlets, and shoot waves of electricity that send Dante into the air. There's also the Blade of Olympus.

Kratos wins but not easily because of Dante's spells and durability (in the animated film, he withstood Lucifer's fiery whip and an explosive flame blast which slammed him into a far wall).

DI Lucifer is far weaker than the Biblical or DC Lucifer. At most, he's as powerful as Zeus when human-sized.

Burning thought
I didnt think they got all their powers, OP says only scythes and blades?

Sin_Volvagia
I didnt think they got all their powers, OP says only scythes and blades?

embarrasment Oh I see.

Kratos wins this since Dante's best defenses aren't even there.

Nemesis X
GoW Hades >>> DI Lucifer

Kratos owned Hades and that's what gives Kratos the win here.

First_Tsurugi06
Not to mention Dante didn't even kill Lucifer at all, he basically just managed to re-imprison him and escape. Even then, Dante failed to seal him off completely as the ending obviously shows. But then it also shows that there's obviously more in store for the series, whereas Kratos' story is as of now resolved, and his fate is left open. Although there will be the interquel coming out some time in the future on the PSP.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Nemesis X
GoW Hades >>> DI Lucifer

Kratos owned Hades and that's what gives Kratos the win here.

Lucifer took Beatrice's soul while being imprisoned. If we're counting the animated movie, he even tortured her. Hades hasn't done anything when he was in the stomach of Cronos.

CosmicComet
Dante's a good guy, noble, just and all that. He's also clearly above a normal human.

The fact that he comes back from a fatal stabbing basically in the upper spine and kills Death during the attempt of capture is a great feat. But what would you call that? Would you call that regeneration? Even though he takes the knife out it was still a fatal wound, but he managed to survive somehow.

Still, I can't see him beating Kratos. If he can win, that wouldn't upset me because he's just so damn likable.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
He's going to need more than Lucifer saying he's good and pointing out a fake butterfly to Death in order to beat Kratos. Did you play the game? Do you think he magically transported somewhere without doing anything. Luicfer compliments him, and that's that?

No hes not, Lucifer is not beyond any of their opponents. Infact the Lucifer Dante faced was a minor threat to both Kain and Kratos by far, Lucifer did not employ powers or size or strength beyond that which the former mentioned have already surpassed.

Dante is not much better than a normal man, I am sorry but I will give you that hes stronger than a normal man, can jump higher than typically possible but other than that, its his weapons like the holy cross and deaths scythe that make him. A lot of Dantes journey is conceptual, e.g his feats of overcoming his own sins such as greed, traitor etc are all more important here in Dantes list of feats but are not that gaugable to Kain and Kratos. Bt, did you play the game? Now if the answer is no then it's hilarious that you throw your opinion around so much without even having played the game. It makes you sound like you're so biased you already are saying Kain wins before we even tell you who he's facing off against.

He wasn't even damaged really and had a scythe sticking into him and laughed off death's main weapon like it was a minor irritant. Kain meanwhile gets ko'd by Raziel by ripping his heart out while Lucy is faking he's even in trouble at this point just to mess with dante.

No, we actually see him take on huge threats so we are taking the game as is. You stop at nothing to downplay everyone else outside of Kain don't you?

Originally posted by BloodRain
Recently got the game and not far in to know so, what kind of feats are we talking here? I wouldn't like to ruin it especially since you have the game. It's a very quick beat if you play the game a lot.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
GoW Hades >>> DI Lucifer

Kratos owned Hades and that's what gives Kratos the win here. Lucy would stomp Hades. I mean pwn him and then some. Hades went down very easily while Lucy was unkillable even despite the plot device at the end.

CosmicComet
Is that DI animated movie even canon? Seems to contradict the game a little in that cross sewing scene.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Is that DI animated movie even canon? Seems to contradict the game a little in that cross sewing scene. I don't think so it's different than the game. The game is canon to the gaming universe whereas the movie is canon to the movie universe. There's even a comic out.

MooCowofJustice
No I didn't play the game, and I don't plan to. But you treated tricking Death and getting commended by Lucifer like they were feats. I pointed out that said things don't matter.

quanchi112
No I didn't play the game, and I don't plan to. But you treated tricking Death and getting commended by Lucifer like they were feats. I pointed out that said things don't matter. They were. Right after he's killed/injured he beats the crap out of death and takes his weapon. He was compared to some of the greatest characters in history such as Lancelot and he was the best. He is every bit good enough to challenge Kratos.

MooCowofJustice
Those aren't feats. >_>

quanchi112
Those aren't feats. >_> Beating death in combat isn't a feat. laughing out loud Being compared to the greatest warriors in history isn't a feat?

ScreamPaste
Beating death in combat isn't a feat. laughing out loud Being compared to the greatest warriors in history isn't a feat? You have a twisted idea of what a feat is. Throwing something heavy isn't, but being talked abut is...?

Demonic Phoenix
Beating death in combat isn't a feat. laughing out loud Being compared to the greatest warriors in history isn't a feat?

What in the blue hell?

a) Death being beaten in combat means: DI Death isn't as powerful as you think it is, which coupled with his lack of feats, makes sense. Kratos has also beaten someone associated with Death. (Charon)

b) Being compared to the greatest warriors in history? Sure, it's a great thing and all, but it doesn't mean much when most of those warriors in history are at most, slightly above Peak Human...whereas Kratos battles beings that are super-human.

Seriously, this is like arguing Shin Gouki against Lara Croft in H2H. It's obvious one has no chance.
Kratos could just walk up to the dude and rip him apart. There's no way Dante's surviving that.

~ Hell, I daresay that the Last Spartan could beat Dante in a melee fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
You have a twisted idea of what a feat is. Throwing something heavy isn't, but being talked abut is...? Not when you need gear to do so and their weight isn't known to us. We also had Bo outwrestle them with the iron boots so if he can do it who can't.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
What in the blue hell?

a) Death being beaten in combat means: DI Death isn't as powerful as you think it is, which coupled with his lack of feats, makes sense. Kratos has also beaten someone associated with Death. (Charon)

b) Being compared to the greatest warriors in history? Sure, it's a great thing and all, but it doesn't mean much when most of those warriors in history are at most, slightly above Peak Human...whereas Kratos battles beings that are super-human.

Seriously, this is like arguing Shin Gouki against Lara Croft in H2H. It's obvious one has no chance.
Kratos could just walk up to the dude and rip him apart. There's no way Dante's surviving that.

~ Hell, I daresay that the Last Spartan could beat Dante in a melee fight. a)Even though Dante just ransacked hell and lucy said he was the greatest he's ever met out of all of history's great warriors.

b)So Dante didn't fight anyone superhuman?

Not at all. Kratos gave up in combat when his army was going to be smashed and begged for Ares' help. Dante didn't beg for help at all and actually saved his woman whereas Kratos butchered his whole family because he's stupid.

Compare Lucifer to Zeus and you see how much more fearsome Dante's big baddy was then Kratos'.

Dante definitely hangs with Kratos and can beat him. The scythe is definitely going into Kratos' chest. The thing with Kratos is people keep rezzing him and he keeps dying in every game. The only way dante was defeated was by a cheapshot.

Phanteros
Not when you need gear to do so and their weight isn't known to us. We also had Bo outwrestle them with the iron boots so if he can do it who can't.

a)Even though Dante just ransacked hell and lucy said he was the greatest he's ever met out of all of history's great warriors.
And Lucifer is a credible source? Its a title nothing more nothing less. Kratos ransack Hades.
Not with feats

And this detracts from what he did later? He killed his dad and his giant grandfather who has a mount on his back unassisted. Kratos was tricked into killing them and also suffered the same curse that effected Hercules in myth. Not sure what this has to do in a fight, so its irrelevant.

Unlike Lucifer, Zeus had feats to compete with Kratos. Lucifer virtually had no feats to suggest he can even contend with Zeus. Zeus sealed the titans in a Continent level blast and a giant in a mountain with lightning. Ares can create pocket dimensions at will and has TK. What has Lucifer done again?
Dante only starred in one game whereas Kratos has starred in multiple. How is dying detracts from what you done in that said games? Kratos was cheap shotted all the time by Ares and Zeus. Kratos only died twice and was still able to burst out of hell.

seriously how is how many times someone died has somethiing to do in a fight? Nothing.

BloodRain
From what I know Dante is on par with Kratos in all areas but strength. Thats all that's needed.

Heythere,Honey
Even in durability? 131

BloodRain
/shrugs Im only an hour into the game... so yeah that too, why not.

Heythere,Honey
I hate DI and its 18+ only-ness. sad

MooCowofJustice
How many of History's greatest warriors has DI Lucifer met?

Where are DI Death's feats? Where are DI Lucifer's feats? Kratos has been impaled with more force that Dante can produce, of this I am quite certain. I've only seen GoW1, and the force I'm talking about did kill him. But apparently he goes on to become much stronger.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Phanteros
And Lucifer is a credible source? Its a title nothing more nothing less. Kratos ransack Hades.
Not with feats

And this detracts from what he did later? He killed his dad and his giant grandfather who has a mount on his back unassisted. Kratos was tricked into killing them and also suffered the same curse that effected Hercules in myth. Not sure what this has to do in a fight, so its irrelevant.

Unlike Lucifer, Zeus had feats to compete with Kratos. Lucifer virtually had no feats to suggest he can even contend with Zeus. Zeus sealed the titans in a Continent level blast and a giant in a mountain with lightning. Ares can create pocket dimensions at will and has TK. What has Lucifer done again?
Dante only starred in one game whereas Kratos has starred in multiple. How is dying detracts from what you done in that said games? Kratos was cheap shotted all the time by Ares and Zeus. Kratos only died twice and was still able to burst out of hell.

seriously how is how many times someone died has somethiing to do in a fight? Nothing. Yes, in this instance he is since no one else has let him loose. He wouldn't lie about being let loose.

So everyone in the game is just a bunch of wimps minus feats? Seriously? Lucy laughed off the scythe in his chest yet that's not a feat?

It doesn't detract but it shows the massive help he had. he was killed numerous times when his opponents faced him head on whereas Dante was only taken out once via cheapshot.

Lucifer can take death's weapon in the chest after a prolonged battle where Zeus had to be saved once by Athena and can actually have his head beat in by Kratos and killed in that manner as well. This whole feat thing is nonsense when you play the game you realize you can't just kill lucy by physically assaulting him whereas with Zeus you can end him with either the sword or your fists.

In the third game he was not cheapshotted. He looked Zeus dead in the eyes along with Gaea and was defeated. That's not a cheapshot. Even with aid he lost.

How many of History's greatest warriors has DI Lucifer met?

Where are DI Death's feats? Where are DI Lucifer's feats? Kratos has been impaled with more force that Dante can produce, of this I am quite certain. I've only seen GoW1, and the force I'm talking about did kill him. But apparently he goes on to become much stronger. I can remember Lancelot offhand and would have to listen to him speech again. So since Death didn't fight anyone else we assume he's weak? You do realize feats are nice and all but never determined anything in the grand scheme of things. They are nice and all but how these characters match up is how they win. Lucy can laugh off death's scythe whereas Zeus can't even survive a prolonged beatdown by Kratos.

Kratos can be killed by less than Ares' toss in part 1. To suggest this is the only force capable of piercing him is just untrue.

MooCowofJustice
I can remember Lancelot offhand and would have to listen to him speech again. So since Death didn't fight anyone else we assume he's weak? You do realize feats are nice and all but never determined anything in the grand scheme of things. They are nice and all but how these characters match up is how they win. Lucy can laugh off death's scythe whereas Zeus can't even survive a prolonged beatdown by Kratos.

Kratos can be killed by less than Ares' toss in part 1. To suggest this is the only force capable of piercing him is just untrue.

We use feats to determine just about everything. Feats help determine abilities, who is stronger than who, who is faster, more durable, skilled and so on. And these abilities are what matches them up to other characters.

I'm not going to argue with you about Kratos, I've only seen GoW1. But unless Death's Scythe has some stated/shown property that makes that impressive for Lucifer, then it doesn't help your case.

In part one, maybe.

quanchi112
We use feats to determine just about everything. Feats help determine abilities, who is stronger than who, who is faster, more durable, skilled and so on. And these abilities are what matches them up to other characters.

I'm not going to argue with you about Kratos, I've only seen GoW1. But unless Death's Scythe has some stated/shown property that makes that impressive for Lucifer, then it doesn't help your case.

In part one, maybe. We see the enemies they fight to determine this and so far lucy is far greater than any enemy faced by Kratos.

It's deaths weapon. It's not some standard sword or weapon here.

Kratos was far better in combat to avoid getting pierced until he got killed by Ares. Even in giant form without the sword he needed he would have been killed by Ares and can be killed even at his most powerful.

MooCowofJustice
We see the enemies they fight to determine this and so far lucy is far greater than any enemy faced by Kratos.

It's deaths weapon. It's not some standard sword or weapon here.

Kratos was far better in combat to avoid getting pierced until he got killed by Ares. Even in giant form without the sword he needed he would have been killed by Ares and can be killed even at his most powerful.

And on what do you base this?

The only thing that helps with is monetary value. It's like if I said I had Edgar Allen Poe's pen. It doesn't mean it's any more powerful than a regular pen.

I'm not saying he can't be killed. But I'm told he has taken much more damage than Ares since GoW1.

quanchi112
And on what do you base this?

The only thing that helps with is monetary value. It's like if I said I had Edgar Allen Poe's pen. It doesn't mean it's any more powerful than a regular pen.

I'm not saying he can't be killed. But I'm told he has taken much more damage than Ares since GoW1. Common sense. I see both characters capable of great things and them resisting being killed left and right. I don't see them unable to be killed or pierced. When I have seen Zeus stabbed it greatly affected him whereas Lucy was pretending it even mattered just to further break down dante.

Kratos has to resist enemy weapons like he always has just like any video game character. He can be killed and has been killed enough times to prove it.

MooCowofJustice
You overlook Kratos being much stronger than Dante.

ScreamPaste
Kratos is stronger and more durable, is Dante even strong enough to damage Kratos? You better have a damn good strength feat for him, Quanchi.

Demonic Phoenix
You overlook Kratos being much stronger than Dante.

And he overlooks Kratos being able to react to Lightning bolts thrown by Zeus, and being able to block weapons with his hands, never mind the Golden Fleece no expression

From what I know Dante is on par with Kratos in all areas but strength. Thats all that's needed.

Kratos is far more durable, and much faster when it comes to movement speed. (thanks to the Boots of Hermes)

He also likes throwing around the Ares Pillar Toss that killed Kratos. I'll simply say that Dante was killed by a knife no expression Pillar Toss from miles away >>>>>>>> Knife stab.

Phanteros
You ignored a huge part of my arguement. Lucifer through out the game virtually is featless while Zeus has feats. Zeus was stabbed 5 times and still standed then Kratos put all the effort in the sixth blow.

this whole entire argument you overlooked everything Kratos has done compared to Dante.

ScreamPaste
You ignored a huge part of my arguement. Lucifer through out the game virtually is featless while Zeus has feats. Zeus was stabbed 5 times and still standed then Kratos put all the effort in the sixth blow.

this whole entire argument you overlooked everything Kratos has done compared to Dante. He does this a lot. haermm

Phanteros
He does this a lot. haermm Let me; guess with Link?

ScreamPaste
Yessir. Apparently Link doesn't have super strength at all.

quanchi112
You overlook Kratos being much stronger than Dante. He is stronger than dante but he won't just blow right through him. Kratos has one feat of incredible strength in resisting Cronos' fingers but even Hades was besting him in combat. This isn't a lifting contest it's who wins i a fight with weapons.

Kratos is stronger and more durable, is Dante even strong enough to damage Kratos? You better have a damn good strength feat for him, Quanchi. Since when was Kratos unable to be pierced? I wonder sometimes where people's common sense is.

And he overlooks Kratos being able to react to Lightning bolts thrown by Zeus, and being able to block weapons with his hands, never mind the Golden Fleece no expression

Kratos is far more durable, and much faster when it comes to movement speed. (thanks to the Boots of Hermes)

He also likes throwing around the Ares Pillar Toss that killed Kratos. I'll simply say that Dante was killed by a knife no expression Pillar Toss from miles away >>>>>>>> Knife stab. Kratos got wrecked by Zeus' lightning bolt. Sure he has good feats but the guy is beatable. If the scythe hits his flesh do you really think it will bounce off?

this whole entire argument you overlooked everything Kratos has done compared to Dante. So him laughing off the scythe isn't a feat? what about dante's feats throughout the game and when he gets to the end guy he can't defeat him or even really injure him in combat. 2+2=4.

Let me; guess with Link? The thing is people are ignoring his gear whereas I look at the big picture which makes me smart.

ScreamPaste
Lol'd. There's 9001 instances of Link displaying super strength, but you deny it just because he chooses to be aware of the laws of physics.
Unless Dante has an INCREDIBLE strength feat, yes, Dante's attacks will bounce off. Kratos is durable, thus you need to be strong to damage him.

quanchi112
Lol'd. There's 9001 instances of Link displaying super strength, but you deny it just because he chooses to be aware of the laws of physics.
Unless Dante has an INCREDIBLE strength feat, yes, Dante's attacks will bounce off. Kratos is durable, thus you need to be strong to damage him. Not one without gear to help him do so. He's a regular guy with awesome gear who later becomes really skilled.

Who couldn't dante pierce? When has Kratos even been able to just stand there and allow someone to swing as hard as they want into him because he's so durable.

ScreamPaste
Go put something really heavy on your feet and try to stop a car, then throw it. Then come back, if you can still move, and try and tell me Link doesn't have super strength. smile

Does Dante have a strength feat at all? If not, there are thousands of characters in fiction he cannot pierce. Kratos would be among them with ease.

Sin_Volvagia
Is that DI animated movie even canon? Seems to contradict the game a little in that cross sewing scene.

It's not canon but the Dante's strength in the animated movie doesn't seem to be far off from the game's.

Phanteros
Kratos wasn't wrecked by the lightning bolt, unlike Gaia he was unharmed and undamaged. he merely fell because Gaia shook him off. You need to replay the game.

Edit: you still ignoring feats.

BloodRain
What is Dante's strength level?

ScreamPaste
I keep asking that, because there's no way anyone under the GJ level is hurting Kratos.

LLLLLink
Yessir. Apparently Link doesn't have super strength at all.

Ever notice how Link always finds his way into any and every thread?
The title says, Dante (DI) vs Kratos. And Link has snuck his way into another one. Darn that Stone Mask!

Demonic Phoenix
He is stronger than dante but he won't just blow right through him. Kratos has one feat of incredible strength in resisting Cronos' fingers but even Hades was besting him in combat. This isn't a lifting contest it's who wins i a fight with weapons.

Hades was never besting him in combat.
No one has bested Kratos in combat, outside of the Barbarian King (in their first encounter), and Charon (again, in the first encounter). Even Zeus was bested in their combat skirmish on the Summit of Sacrifice, and he then had to

Since when was Kratos unable to be pierced? I wonder sometimes where people's common sense is.

Who said he's unable to be pierced? There's a difference between "He can't be pierced by Dante," and "He can't be pierced at all."
Normal Thanos is beatable, but can he be beaten by the likes of Hercules? Nahh man.

Stop chiding others on their supposed lack of common sense. Doesn't put you in a good light.

Kratos got wrecked by Zeus' lightning bolt. Sure he has good feats but the guy is beatable. If the scythe hits his flesh do you really think it will bounce off?

Dante got wrecked by a knife. Lightning >>>>>>>>> Knife.
No one here is arguing that Kratos cannot be beaten. He just can't be beaten in a weapon fight by the likes of Dante.

Like Scream said, unless Dante has Class 100+ strength, he isn't hurting Kratos with a Scythe, not even if it could cut through 50 feet of Bronze when swung by a Class 100+ person.
Even if he did, him wounding Kratos still isn't a given, seeing as how Kratos has the fleece and can block sword swings from a Class 100+ being with his hands.

So him laughing off the scythe isn't a feat? what about dante's feats throughout the game and when he gets to the end guy he can't defeat him or even really injure him in combat. 2+2=4.

Kratos has way more feats than Dante, yet couldn't properly injure Hades and had to resort to taking his soul.
2+2=4.

LLLLLink
People can survive getting zapped by lightning the same as they can survive a knife wound.

quanchi112
Go put something really heavy on your feet and try to stop a car, then throw it. Then come back, if you can still move, and try and tell me Link doesn't have super strength. smile

Does Dante have a strength feat at all? If not, there are thousands of characters in fiction he cannot pierce. Kratos would be among them with ease. Never. Just because the folks at zelda think it's cool to have Link just need iron boots and act as if his body doesn't get knocked over in the boots don't assume I don't know any better.

Hades was never besting him in combat.
No one has bested Kratos in combat, outside of the Barbarian King (in their first encounter), and Charon (again, in the first encounter). Even Zeus was bested in their combat skirmish on the Summit of Sacrifice, and he then had to

Who said he's unable to be pierced? There's a difference between "He can't be pierced by Dante," and "He can't be pierced at all."
Normal Thanos is beatable, but can he be beaten by the likes of Hercules? Nahh man.

Stop chiding others on their supposed lack of common sense. Doesn't put you in a good light.

Dante got wrecked by a knife. Lightning >>>>>>>>> Knife.
No one here is arguing that Kratos cannot be beaten. He just can't be beaten in a weapon fight by the likes of Dante.

Like Scream said, unless Dante has Class 100+ strength, he isn't hurting Kratos with a Scythe, not even if it could cut through 50 feet of Bronze when swung by a Class 100+ person.
Even if he did, him wounding Kratos still isn't a given, seeing as how Kratos has the fleece and can block sword swings from a Class 100+ being with his hands.

Kratos has way more feats than Dante, yet couldn't properly injure Hades and had to resort to taking his soul.
2+2=4. Hades was about to take Cronos' soul until Atlas attacked him then Poseidon jumped in and they defeated him. This took place in part 2. Titans could get beat by gods because they were powerful so their size and what not was negated.

Thanos isn't getting beaten by Hercules because he won't stand there but even wolverine has pierced him so let's not get crazy here. Drax killed him once because Thanos had his back turned. If Kratos stands there and let's dante slash him he dies. Point blank.

Because dante's back was turned. Since then we haven't seen him get beaten and we have seen Kratos lose along with Gaea when his opponent is right in front of him. K. Thanks.

I think I need to put up an answer I got from kurt busiek when he writes things and how fans take it too far and forget about their common sense.

Kratos has been in more games than dante. Kratos has gotten superior feats as the games have strode along so why are you judging Dante because he's only been in one game?

Demonic Phoenix
Hades was about to take Cronos' soul until Atlas attacked him then Poseidon jumped in and they defeated him. This took place in part 2. Titans could get beat by gods because they were powerful so their size and what not was negated.

Yeah, because they had exotic powers and stuff. The fight was more of a draw as well (at least until Zeus teleported all of them with the Blade of Olympus), as I'm sure there were Titans who were beating on the Gods.

Had it been a fist fight, it would have been a massive stomp in the favour of the Titans.
You've taken away Dante's & Kratos' exotic powers remember.

Thanos isn't getting beaten by Hercules because he won't stand there but even wolverine has pierced him so let's not get crazy here. Drax killed him once because Thanos had his back turned. If Kratos stands there and let's dante slash him he dies. Point blank.

So? Did he die when he was pierced by Wolverine? In a fight, do you think Wolverine or Hercules could beat Thanos?

IF.

You still have to prove that Dante is strong enough to actually impale Kratos. Then there's the little fact that even if he is strong enough, it's not entirely certain if he'll actually strike Kratos, since Kratos has stopped BoO swings and BoO stabs with his bare hands.

Because dante's back was turned. Since then we haven't seen him get beaten and we have seen Kratos lose along with Gaea when his opponent is right in front of him. K. Thanks.

Doesn't matter. You keep bringing up times when Kratos was killed in the past and act like it's relevant.
Therefore it's a defeat for Dante, by a knife no less doped

Yeah, because he was thrown off the Mountain top. Otherwise, he wasn't even hurt by the Lightning Bolt. More evidence that it will be difficult, if not impossible, for Dante to hurt him.

~ Also, Kratos has won way more fights than Dante has. kthxbai.

I think I need to put up an answer I got from kurt busiek when he writes things and how fans take it too far and forget about their common sense.

Yes, you should. It would also do you good to read and recite it 10 times each night before going to bed. That way, you'll actually come to realize that you've lost your common sense.

Kratos has been in more games than dante. Kratos has gotten superior feats as the games have strode along so why are you judging Dante because he's only been in one game?

I don't get what you are saying here. How is this refuting what I said about Hades?

quanchi112
Yeah, because they had exotic powers and stuff. The fight was more of a draw as well (at least until Zeus teleported all of them with the Blade of Olympus), as I'm sure there were Titans who were beating on the Gods.

Had it been a fist fight, it would have been a massive stomp in the favour of the Titans.
You've taken away Dante's & Kratos' exotic powers remember.

So? Did he die when he was pierced by Wolverine? In a fight, do you think Wolverine or Hercules could beat Thanos?

IF.

You still have to prove that Dante is strong enough to actually impale Kratos. Then there's the little fact that even if he is strong enough, it's not entirely certain if he'll actually strike Kratos, since Kratos has stopped BoO swings and BoO stabs with his bare hands.

Doesn't matter. You keep bringing up times when Kratos was killed in the past and act like it's relevant.
Therefore it's a defeat for Dante, by a knife no less doped

Yeah, because he was thrown off the Mountain top. Otherwise, he wasn't even hurt by the Lightning Bolt. More evidence that it will be difficult, if not impossible, for Dante to hurt him.

~ Also, Kratos has won way more fights than Dante has. kthxbai.

Yes, you should. It would also do you good to read and recite it 10 times each night before going to bed. That way, you'll actually come to realize that you've lost your common sense.

I don't get what you are saying here. How is this refuting what I said about Hades? Yes, because their powers affect Cronos. Hades himself had the upper hand. Strength doesn't come into this if someone has the skill and weapon to get you before you get them.

No, I don't think they do because Thanos is simply beyond them but if he stands there he can be cut.

Dante rips Death in half with his weapon immediately after being stabbed in the back. That to me more than tells me the guy is strong enough and has a weapon suited to kill Kratos.

Through gameplay whereas if you don't hit the proper button you get hit so it's a gameplay sort of thing.

Dante right after his defeat stomped Death so like I said without a cheapshot Dante has been unbeatable.

He was tossed aside and didn't even dodge it. It's impressive it didn't kill him but him not avoiding it really hurt Kratos.

Because Kratos has been in more fights. Dante hasn't been beaten yet when he saw his enemy. Kratos can't make the same boast.

Hades is nowhere near as formidable as someone who can just incinerate the death scythe while it's in the middle of his chest like it was nothing.

Ok at the end here will I copy and paste his explanation.

I'm not big on power stats, quanchi. I don't think it's a bad idea for the publishers to have a rough idea of power levels, but I thought it was a terrible mistake for them to codify them and publish them publicly.

They don't even make sense half the time -- if a stat in the Handbook says that Character A can lift 120 tons, most artists don't know what 120 tons looks like, and they don't go and check whether a particular airplane or tank or whatever is within the character's stated limits; they just figure that means "wicked strong" and draw what looks to them appropriately "wicked."

I think that system works better than assigning numbers -- all that happens when you do that is that someone says Spider-Man can lift 40 tons (or whatever) because of that humongous machine he lifted once with incredible effort, and then bang, all of a sudden it's his standard strength, and fans who use to see Spider-Man go up against three guys with lead pipes and think it was an okay fight are going, "No way! He can lift 40 tons! That means he can juggle Buicks!"

Never mind that Spider-Man was never the kind of character to juggle Buicks, or even lift one, but hey, it says he can lift 40 tons in a power chart somewhere, and that's taken as more important than the way the character had been written and drawn.

I don't like that, so I don't play that game. I think Superman's stronger than Thor, but I'm not going to assign numbers to it. On any given day, people's strength can be more or less anyway, depending on what they ate, how they're feeling, whether they've been working out or what, so one day a character might be stronger than another because he's having a good day and the other guy's having a bad one, but the next day it might be reversed. Stats don't tell you that, either.

As to how a fight would go if they met again, that's up to the writer who writes it. There really isn't a "majority number of wins" deal; we rig the fights. It's our job -- we're telling stories, not combat simulations.

It's one of the reasons superheroes so often triumph against more powerful foes -- stories about underdogs winning are more dramatic than stories about power stats being all that matters. It's why it's more fun to see the Avengers fight Count Nefaria than to see them fight the some guy who robbed a hot dog stand with a knife. Seeing battles go the way stats suggest they might isn't as exciting as seeing someone defy the odds.

Sorry for being long-winded, but it all boils down to me just not being interested in talking about stat comparisons and who'd win how many out of ten and other such things. I fully support people who like doing that having fun doing it; I'm just not among them.

kdb

Demonic Phoenix
Yes, because their powers affect Cronos. Hades himself had the upper hand. Strength doesn't come into this if someone has the skill and weapon to get you before you get them.

Exactly. Their powers affected Cronos. If it were a pure weapon/fist fight, Hades wouldn't have done half as well. Hades needed Poseidon's help to take down Atlas. Doubt he could have done it without Poseidon's help.

That's assuming Kratos isn't more skilled than Dante. Which he is, based on how easily he masters any weapon, and how he's taken a very large number of enemies with his Blades.
He also has the greater range.

No, I don't think they do because Thanos is simply beyond them but if he stands there he can be cut.

And Kratos will just be standing like a douche waiting for Dante to cut him amirite...as opposed to you know, doing what Thanos would do, which is demolishing his much weaker opponents.

Dante rips Death in half with his weapon immediately after being stabbed in the back. That to me more than tells me the guy is strong enough and has a weapon suited to kill Kratos.

Because Death has shown durability that puts him above Kratos, amirite?

Through gameplay whereas if you don't hit the proper button you get hit so it's a gameplay sort of thing.

The hell? It's not really considered to be the same thing as 'gameplay'. It's a mini-game that is canon. Yes, it's part of the gameplay, but unlike regular gameplay which has limitations and such, the boss mini-games aren't considered to be non-canon.

If you think it's non-canon, then the entire 'Dante acquires Scythe' & Death kill scenario is non-canon, since it too took place in the same situation no expression

Dante right after his defeat stomped Death so like I said without a cheapshot Dante has been unbeatable.

And that applies to any opponent he faces, even someone like Thanos amirite?

He was tossed aside and didn't even dodge it. It's impressive it didn't kill him but him not avoiding it really hurt Kratos.

tohslaugh

So then I guess Superman gets hurt every time he doesn't dodge bullets.

Because Kratos has been in more fights. Dante hasn't been beaten yet when he saw his enemy. Kratos can't make the same boast.

Of course. I forgot that sneak attacks were the only things that could beat a human wielding a Scythe ha-son

Hades is nowhere near as formidable as someone who can just incinerate the death scythe while it's in the middle of his chest like it was nothing.

Lucifer is nowhere near as formidable as someone who can just reattach pieces of his flesh back, and rip someone's soul out like they were nothing doped

Ok at the end here will I copy and paste his explanation.

I'm not big on power stats, quanchi. I don't think it's a bad idea for the publishers to have a rough idea of power levels, but I thought it was a terrible mistake for them to codify them and publish them publicly.

They don't even make sense half the time -- if a stat in the Handbook says that Character A can lift 120 tons, most artists don't know what 120 tons looks like, and they don't go and check whether a particular airplane or tank or whatever is within the character's stated limits; they just figure that means "wicked strong" and draw what looks to them appropriately "wicked."

I think that system works better than assigning numbers -- all that happens when you do that is that someone says Spider-Man can lift 40 tons (or whatever) because of that humongous machine he lifted once with incredible effort, and then bang, all of a sudden it's his standard strength, and fans who use to see Spider-Man go up against three guys with lead pipes and think it was an okay fight are going, "No way! He can lift 40 tons! That means he can juggle Buicks!"

Never mind that Spider-Man was never the kind of character to juggle Buicks, or even lift one, but hey, it says he can lift 40 tons in a power chart somewhere, and that's taken as more important than the way the character had been written and drawn.

I don't like that, so I don't play that game. I think Superman's stronger than Thor, but I'm not going to assign numbers to it. On any given day, people's strength can be more or less anyway, depending on what they ate, how they're feeling, whether they've been working out or what, so one day a character might be stronger than another because he's having a good day and the other guy's having a bad one, but the next day it might be reversed. Stats don't tell you that, either.

As to how a fight would go if they met again, that's up to the writer who writes it. There really isn't a "majority number of wins" deal; we rig the fights. It's our job -- we're telling stories, not combat simulations.

It's one of the reasons superheroes so often triumph against more powerful foes -- stories about underdogs winning are more dramatic than stories about power stats being all that matters. It's why it's more fun to see the Avengers fight Count Nefaria than to see them fight the some guy who robbed a hot dog stand with a knife. Seeing battles go the way stats suggest they might isn't as exciting as seeing someone defy the odds.

Sorry for being long-winded, but it all boils down to me just not being interested in talking about stat comparisons and who'd win how many out of ten and other such things. I fully support people who like doing that having fun doing it; I'm just not among them.

kdb

Basically what he said at the end is that PIS is what helps those who would not win otherwise (which is what Dante is in this fight).

Seeing as PIS is off in this forum, and that this isn't a story, yeah.

Also, Kurt Busiek really didn't decide the rules in this forum.

quanchi112
Exactly. Their powers affected Cronos. If it were a pure weapon/fist fight, Hades wouldn't have done half as well. Hades needed Poseidon's help to take down Atlas. Doubt he could have done it without Poseidon's help.

That's assuming Kratos isn't more skilled than Dante. Which he is, based on how easily he masters any weapon, and how he's taken a very large number of enemies with his Blades.
He also has the greater range.

And Kratos will just be standing like a douche waiting for Dante to cut him amirite...as opposed to you know, doing what Thanos would do, which is demolishing his much weaker opponents.

Because Death has shown durability that puts him above Kratos, amirite?

The hell? It's not really considered to be the same thing as 'gameplay'. It's a mini-game that is canon. Yes, it's part of the gameplay, but unlike regular gameplay which has limitations and such, the boss mini-games aren't considered to be non-canon.

If you think it's non-canon, then the entire 'Dante acquires Scythe' & Death kill scenario is non-canon, since it too took place in the same situation no expression

And that applies to any opponent he faces, even someone like Thanos amirite?

tohslaugh

So then I guess Superman gets hurt every time he doesn't dodge bullets.

Of course. I forgot that sneak attacks were the only things that could beat a human wielding a Scythe ha-son

Lucifer is nowhere near as formidable as someone who can just reattach pieces of his flesh back, and rip someone's soul out like they were nothing doped

Basically what he said at the end is that PIS is what helps those who would not win otherwise (which is what Dante is in this fight).

Seeing as PIS is off in this forum, and that this isn't a story, yeah.

Also, Kurt Busiek really didn't decide the rules in this forum. Because all these fights ever are comes down to who lands their attacks on who. None of these characters are unbeatable and we saw Zeus' father falling to Hades. Hades was losing to Atlas because he took him via cheapshot whereas Poseidon returned the favor. We just previously saw hades beating Cronos so I see no reason why he couldn't best Atlas if the circumstances were different.

Kratos is very skilled but so is Dante. Dante mastered the scythe immediately as well and tore Death in half immediately after acquiring it.

Kratos isn't in another league like Thanos is. You seem to think these guys are uncuttable which is incorrect. Kratos and dante are in the same league and it boils down to whose attack strike true.

I never said as much but he's death so ripping him in half is obviously an impressive feat. This was right after he was stabbed in the back no less. When Kratos is weakened he barely can do anything when Zeus kills him in gow2.

Thanos no, Kratos yes.

No bullets don't phase him at all in the slightest whereas Zeus' lightning bolts phase Kratos. Try and stay with me.

He wasn't wielding a scythe at the time. The foes dante has taken on and bested are right up there with Kratos' enemies imo.

At the end he was killed so don't act like he's even close to anywhere nearlucy's badassery. He was losing to Atlas which you yourself pointed out and was bested by Kratos whereas he laughed off a scythe in his chest and disintegrated it like it was nothing.

It's an example of a person like yourself while applying one strength feat to his base level strength and act as if Kratos can headbutt houses into smithereens. You have to use common sense you're the rabid fan that he describes we have to look at how these guys are written not over analyze strength feats like they apply to these characters overall.

Demonic Phoenix
Because all these fights ever are comes down to who lands their attacks on who. None of these characters are unbeatable and we saw Zeus' father falling to Hades. Hades was losing to Atlas because he took him via cheapshot whereas Poseidon returned the favor. We just previously saw hades beating Cronos so I see no reason why he couldn't best Atlas if the circumstances were different.

a) I don't usually attack grammar errors here, but it's 'who lands their attacks on whom', not 'who lands their attacks on who'.

b) When have I ever said Kratos is unbeatable? I said Dante could not beat Kratos, and there's a difference between the two statements.

c) All we saw was a weakened Cronos being attacked by Hades, who then attempted to rip his soul out. It was never revealed whether it was Hades who had weakened him, or whether Cronos had been weakened before fighting Hades.

Kratos is very skilled but so is Dante. Dante mastered the scythe immediately as well and tore Death in half immediately after acquiring it.

He had to weaken Death first, then he tore him in half. It wasn't immediate.

As for mastering the Scythe, sure, I'll give you that, but that could be due to the fact that he had previously used a weapon which handled quite like the Scythe did. Also, Kratos has mastered more weapons than Dante has.

Kratos isn't in another league like Thanos is. You seem to think these guys are uncuttable which is incorrect. Kratos and dante are in the same league and it boils down to whose attack strike true.

Not really. You have yet to prove that Dante is in the same league as Kratos, or that he can cut him. As for him being uncuttable, sure, because I liek totally think Kratos liek cannot ever be cut, EVAR!

Though please, do go on.

I never said as much but he's death so ripping him in half is obviously an impressive feat. This was right after he was stabbed in the back no less. When Kratos is weakened he barely can do anything when Zeus kills him in gow2.

Wait, he's Death? I was under the impression that he was this weird little pixie creature that had gone through a severe mid-life identity crisis, and thus had fixed upon its head a skull, while wearing Black Clothes.

So what if he's Death? Is the Death that appeared in DI somehow this powerful being that cannot be harmed except by very very very powerful people?
Zeus is the god of Thunder, and in the Myths, he can do shit that puts GoW Zeus to shame. They are different characters, which is why we use feats, not nonsensical bullshit, to base their abilities.

He's dead when Death comes for him. The knife does not hurt him while he's dead. Notice Dante removing the knife before he fights Death?

As for Kratos being weakened, that was long before he was killed by Zeus, unlike Dante, who died almost immediately from a knife stab. laughing
I guarantee you that Death would have shitstomped Dante, had Death been able to attack Dante while Dante was alive.

Thanos no, Kratos yes.

Haha. Why not Thanos? I thought you said Dante has never been bested in a fight where he could see his opponent, and therefore could never be bested in a fight against an opponent he could see.
What, are your fanboyish tendencies for Thanos somehow denying your own logic?

PS: I'll let you in on a little secret. You are correct when you say that Thanos cannot be beaten by Dante. Kratos as well, cannot be beaten by Dante, at least until you prove he can.

No bullets don't phase him at all in the slightest whereas Zeus' lightning bolts phase Kratos. Try and stay with me.

Bullets don't scratch Superman, and neither did the Lightning bolt scratch Kratos, it just tossed him back due to the force of the blast. Gaia would be someone who got hurt, not Kratos.
Try to stay with me, instead of assuming that getting hurt includes being tossed back. If Kratos had had the wind knocked out of him, or he had been knocked unconscious, then I'd agree with you. He was perfectly fine right after the blast though.

He wasn't wielding a scythe at the time. The foes dante has taken on and bested are right up there with Kratos' enemies imo.

Based on what exactly? Your opinion? Does not mean much here, and now, I'd wager it would mean nothing.

At the end he was killed so don't act like he's even close to anywhere near lucy's badassery. He was losing to Atlas which you yourself pointed out and was bested by Kratos whereas he laughed off a scythe in his chest and disintegrated it like it was nothing.

So? Lucifer lost to Dante which you yourself admitted. He was also imprisoned by someone before Dante arrived.

PS #1: You calling him Lucy only makes him seem like a little girl, as opposed to this badass mofo you think he is.

PS #2: Badassery has nothing to do with a character's power level. I think Demitri's more of a badass than Pyron, yet it's obvious that Demitri would lose to Pyron in his true form. As for Hades, nahh, I don't think he is badass. Rather, I think he's a supreme git.

It's an example of a person like yourself while applying one strength feat to his base level strength and act as if Kratos can headbutt houses into smithereens. You have to use common sense you're the rabid fan that he describes we have to look at how these guys are written not over analyze strength feats like they apply to these characters overall.

LOLWAT? I act as if Kratos can headbutt houses? Sure, because as we know, you gotta headbutt houses to be considered strong. I wonder what else it was I said that Kratos could do. I know, I must have acted like Kratos could move continents with his hands...no wait, I must have acted like Kratos could fart and blow out the solar system.

Right, because when we decide fights on KMC, we resort to statements from characters and speculative bullshit from the likes of you, whilst completely dismissing onscreen feats.

So if I am a rabid fan, I wonder what that would make you. It definitely wouldn't be something positive as you make BT look smart when he trolls. Srsly.

ScreamPaste
Wouldn't go that far. He has actually called BT on his bullshit. haermm They make a cute couple.

Demonic Phoenix
Wouldn't go that far. He has actually called BT on his bullshit. haermm They make a cute couple.

My bad.
He appears to be almost as stupid as BT is when he trolls. There, much better, no? 131

quanchi112
a) I don't usually attack grammar errors here, but it's 'who lands their attacks on whom', not 'who lands their attacks on who'.

b) When have I ever said Kratos is unbeatable? I said Dante could not beat Kratos, and there's a difference between the two statements.

c) All we saw was a weakened Cronos being attacked by Hades, who then attempted to rip his soul out. It was never revealed whether it was Hades who had weakened him, or whether Cronos had been weakened before fighting Hades.

He had to weaken Death first, then he tore him in half. It wasn't immediate.

As for mastering the Scythe, sure, I'll give you that, but that could be due to the fact that he had previously used a weapon which handled quite like the Scythe did. Also, Kratos has mastered more weapons than Dante has.

Not really. You have yet to prove that Dante is in the same league as Kratos, or that he can cut him. As for him being uncuttable, sure, because I liek totally think Kratos liek cannot ever be cut, EVAR!

Though please, do go on.

Wait, he's Death? I was under the impression that he was this weird little pixie creature that had gone through a severe mid-life identity crisis, and thus had fixed upon its head a skull, while wearing Black Clothes.

So what if he's Death? Is the Death that appeared in DI somehow this powerful being that cannot be harmed except by very very very powerful people?
Zeus is the god of Thunder, and in the Myths, he can do shit that puts GoW Zeus to shame. They are different characters, which is why we use feats, not nonsensical bullshit, to base their abilities.

He's dead when Death comes for him. The knife does not hurt him while he's dead. Notice Dante removing the knife before he fights Death?

As for Kratos being weakened, that was long before he was killed by Zeus, unlike Dante, who died almost immediately from a knife stab. laughing
I guarantee you that Death would have shitstomped Dante, had Death been able to attack Dante while Dante was alive.

Haha. Why not Thanos? I thought you said Dante has never been bested in a fight where he could see his opponent, and therefore could never be bested in a fight against an opponent he could see.
What, are your fanboyish tendencies for Thanos somehow denying your own logic?

PS: I'll let you in on a little secret. You are correct when you say that Thanos cannot be beaten by Dante. Kratos as well, cannot be beaten by Dante, at least until you prove he can.

Bullets don't scratch Superman, and neither did the Lightning bolt scratch Kratos, it just tossed him back due to the force of the blast. Gaia would be someone who got hurt, not Kratos.
Try to stay with me, instead of assuming that getting hurt includes being tossed back. If Kratos had had the wind knocked out of him, or he had been knocked unconscious, then I'd agree with you. He was perfectly fine right after the blast though.

Based on what exactly? Your opinion? Does not mean much here, and now, I'd wager it would mean nothing.

So? Lucifer lost to Dante which you yourself admitted. He was also imprisoned by someone before Dante arrived.

PS #1: You calling him Lucy only makes him seem like a little girl, as opposed to this badass mofo you think he is.

PS #2: Badassery has nothing to do with a character's power level. I think Demitri's more of a badass than Pyron, yet it's obvious that Demitri would lose to Pyron in his true form. As for Hades, nahh, I don't think he is badass. Rather, I think he's a supreme git.

LOLWAT? I act as if Kratos can headbutt houses? Sure, because as we know, you gotta headbutt houses to be considered strong. I wonder what else it was I said that Kratos could do. I know, I must have acted like Kratos could move continents with his hands...no wait, I must have acted like Kratos could fart and blow out the solar system.

Right, because when we decide fights on KMC, we resort to statements from characters and speculative bullshit from the likes of you, whilst completely dismissing onscreen feats.

So if I am a rabid fan, I wonder what that would make you. It definitely wouldn't be something positive as you make BT look smart when he trolls. Srsly. So you say you usually don't but do so anyways because you're upset I pwned you with a real explanation by someone who creates these stories. It makes sense to me as you don't seem to understand how these characters are portrayed and like the annoying fanboy dismiss things in favor of a few feats here or there.

You acted as if dante simply can't even hurt him which is blatantly untrue. I can live with someone saying Kratos wins because both characters are posterboys for badasses but to think he can't even pierce him shows a true inability on your part to grasp the most simple messages conveyed by the gow creators.

We see Hades can rip his soul out and we then see two gods defeat Atlas. It was a messy battlefield but with Hades' powers and what we saw we can assume his powers can defeat Cronos. That's a given now who wins out of those two in a best of ten is anyone's guess but we do know Hades has to the power to beat him.

Yes, of course he did. It's death and he needed the scythe to even do so. How does he do so prior to actually taking it from him? Soon as he gets it he rips him in half with it which exhibits strength and shows us this guy is extremely strong.

Kratos handled more weapons than Dante and even though the scythe is somewhat similar it isn't the same thing so him. The matchup is decided on who prevails with their trademark weapon not who has mastered more weapons here so it's a case of who is more effective with their weapon to take out the other one.

So we see Dante rip the aspect of Death in half and tear demons limb from limb and go on a massacre in hell only to bury his scythe in Lucy's chest yet I need to prove it can pierce Kratos? What planet do you live on? Honestly, do you think Kratos can take dante's blows without it even harming him?

I seriously think this is far worse than bt's pro Kain stance as this borderlines on lunacy.

Death is obviously a very powerful force in dante's inferno and him ripping him in half obviously is showing us how strong and dangerous dante is. I guess you determined from this scene that he's just a weakling who tore in half another weakling, right? My opinion is backed by common sense and the creators obvious intention yours isn't.

It hasn't been determined whether he's truly dead or not at this point due to the wording at the end of the game. The point is he literally tears apart death right after he realizes his grim situation. His resolve is just as firm as Kratos'. They symbolize two unstoppable forces who go through whatever forces they see or battle against in the game.

Dante was wounded/killed by a cheapshot stab in his back. That's far better than by being killed in direct battle. We haven't seen anyone able to best dante in combat so far. We first see Kratos beg for Ares' assistance when he met a stronger army in actual battle. Begging for aid against a mortal foes to me doesn't suggest superiority by any means.

I said in his game he hasn't been bested and Thanos is out of his league while Kratos isn't. I already told you this so you asking it again shows me that you are slow to catch on and need to ask questions twice to learn something.

Thanos also has powers and durability far greater than any of the characters involved in this thread whereas Kratos and dante are on the same playing field. Did you get it now? If not feel free to ask again.

We see feats which determine them. Kratos could Zeus with his bare hands while dante who ripped death and various demons in half fail to even fatally wound Lucy at the end of the game. No shocked that Lucy is far greater than Zeus but based on what we saw it's not even close.

Lightning will hurt Kratos whereas bullets won't hurt Superman. If you play the game and let the scary lightning hit Kratos it hurts him. Just because one blast which hit Gaea and him at once didn't kill him that doesn't mean he's impervious to lightning now. This is common sense again which you don't seem to get.

PS1--I do that to shorten his name and he wasn't beaten by just Dante but by the souls he freed. That shows he was above being physically beaten by him and he just incinerated his scythe like it was an afterthought.

PS2- Through what we have seen Hades indeed seems like a badass if he can take on Cronos and has the power necessary to defeat him. Who is a badass by your definition?

The point is you dismiss how the character is portrayed in favor of one or two feats and describe this as his standard strength throughout. You're a spiderman fan who thinks spiderman juggles buicks and dismiss how the character is normally portrayed in favor of a few feats and argue the cbr route.

Sin_Volvagia
I think Dante has superstrength and durability because he is undead. Before that, he is a highly-skilled Crusader who was killed by a stab in the neck. Though, he doesn't die in the animated movie but that's non-canon anyway.

CosmicComet
Oh so that stab did indeed kill him.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I think Dante has superstrength and durability because he is undead. Before that, he is a highly-skilled Crusader who was killed by a stab in the neck. Though, he doesn't die in the animated movie but that's non-canon anyway.

Pretty much. He was a regular human before the stab that killed him, then from that point onwards, he was more than a regular human.

Quanchi thinks that prior deaths and such are relevant to the current versions of characters, so I kept bringing up the knife stab.
Oh so that stab did indeed kill him.

No duh. Why'd you think Death arrived then?

It's like it is in Greek Mythology. The souls meet Charon in the Underworld who ferries them across the River Styx. Typically, you have to be dead to meet Charon.

Demonic Phoenix
So you say you usually don't but do so anyways because you're upset I pwned you with a real explanation by someone who creates these stories. It makes sense to me as you don't seem to understand how these characters are portrayed and like the annoying fanboy dismiss things in favor of a few feats here or there.

Notice how you've made numerous grammatical errors previously and I've not corrected them, but fixed that one previously? Yeah, that's what's known as 'usually not correcting errors'. Pick up a dictionary every once in a while, it'll do you some good.

Lulz lulz. You pwned me? You need a l33tspeak dictionary as well, considering your definition of pwned is faulty.

Also, I forgot it was Kurt Busiek who creates the stories for every piece of fiction there is. I mean, if George Bush Jr. thinks he runs a country terribly, that must mean that all presidents think they run their countries terribly, no? I love the way you think, it makes me laugh.

You acted as if dante simply can't even hurt him which is blatantly untrue. I can live with someone saying Kratos wins because both characters are posterboys for badasses but to think he can't even pierce him shows a true inability on your part to grasp the most simple messages conveyed by the gow creators.

Yes, because from what I've seen of Dante, he cannot cut Kratos. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if you can prove that Dante can in fact cut him.
Instead, all you've done, is to spout random bullshit like 'OMG HE CUTZ TEH ENEMIES, SO HE CAN LIEK CUTZ ANYONES," like you always do when you debate. I can see why your reputation on the Comic Vs. Forum is so poor.

But alright...The GoW creators have shown us that Kratos can parry weapons attacks with his bare hands and blades. So even if Dante could cut him if he struck Kratos, there's no certainty that Dante would even be able to strike Kratos in the first place.

We see Hades can rip his soul out and we then see two gods defeat Atlas. It was a messy battlefield but with Hades' powers and what we saw we can assume his powers can defeat Cronos. That's a given now who wins out of those two in a best of ten is anyone's guess but we do know Hades has to the power to beat him.

All we see is a small part of the overall fight. We know that Cronos was weakened, since he was on his knees after the attempted Soul Rip. Kratos has been subjected to the Soul Rip, but he was completely fine after he resisted it, and did not display any signs of exhaustion like Cronos did.
Hence, we don't know if Hades was the one who weakened him (I doubt putting the chains around Cronos' back weakened him), or whether Cronos was weakened prior to his altercation with Hades.
Given that there was a huge ass war going on, and that Cronos was the leader of the Titans, I'd say he was weakened prior to the fight with Hades.

Yes, Hades has an ability that could defeat Cronos, but it's entirely up to speculation whether he could actually defeat Cronos in a fight. Cronos has magical abilities as well, one of which is Electricity.

Hades' soul rip works best when the opponent is weakened. Kratos resisted it, and IMO, it's because he wasn't weakened, as well as due to his drive to kill Zeus and the other Gods.
Kratos had to weaken Hades in their fight, before he could steal his soul.

Yes, of course he did. It's death and he needed the scythe to even do so. How does he do so prior to actually taking it from him? Soon as he gets it he rips him in half with it which exhibits strength and shows us this guy is extremely strong.

The hell? He had to weaken Death first with the Scythe, before he could actually kill him. no expression

Yes, it exhibits strength, but we don't know how strong Dante is, since we don't know how durable Death is.

Kratos handled more weapons than Dante and even though the scythe is somewhat similar it isn't the same thing so him. The matchup is decided on who prevails with their trademark weapon not who has mastered more weapons here so it's a case of who is more effective with their weapon to take out the other one.

We were arguing who has the greater skill in this point, not who prevails with their trademark weapon.
Like I said before, Kratos has the range advantage with his chained blades, which means that Dante will have to get closer in. Quite hard to do so, considering a favored tactic of Kratos is to swing his Blades in arcs.

So we see Dante rip the aspect of Death in half and tear demons limb from limb and go on a massacre in hell only to bury his scythe in Lucy's chest yet I need to prove it can pierce Kratos? What planet do you live on? Honestly, do you think Kratos can take dante's blows without it even harming him?

So we see Kratos take blows from 1000 tonners and not get hurt at all, while going on a massacre throughout Olympus, only to WTFPWN every God in his way, yet you still think Dante can hurt him? What planet are you from? Honestly, do you think Dante can strike Kratos and harm him?

I seriously think this is far worse than bt's pro Kain stance as this borderlines on lunacy.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I mean, I think you are a blatant troll with a penchant for dismissing feats and solely relying upon your own twisted, faulty logic, but hey, that's me.
No wait, I'm pretty sure that's the opinion of anyone who's ever debated against you.

Death is obviously a very powerful force in dante's inferno and him ripping him in half obviously is showing us how strong and dangerous dante is. I guess you determined from this scene that he's just a weakling who tore in half another weakling, right? My opinion is backed by common sense and the creators obvious intention yours isn't.

Haha, I could easily say Squirrel Girl is a powerful force in Marvel Comics no expression. I mean, hey, she's based on a Squirrel, and she beat Galactus. I don't care if it was PIS or jobbing, since you obviously think that Death is this very powerful force, therefore, Squirrel Girl must also be this very powerful force.
My opinion is backed by your bullshit based on assumptions, while yours is too doped

It hasn't been determined whether he's truly dead or not at this point due to the wording at the end of the game. The point is he literally tears apart death right after he realizes his grim situation. His resolve is just as firm as Kratos'. They symbolize two unstoppable forces who go through whatever forces they see or battle against in the game.

Symbolism plays little part in battles on KMC. Otherwise, everyone, from Dante to Kain, to Link, to Kratos, would be unstoppable forces. no expression They all overcome incredible odds, and pass their challenges.

Dante was wounded/killed by a cheapshot stab in his back. That's far better than by being killed in direct battle. We haven't seen anyone able to best dante in combat so far. We first see Kratos beg for Ares' assistance when he met a stronger army in actual battle. Begging for aid against a mortal foes to me doesn't suggest superiority by any means.

Lulz, and Kratos was killed in direct battle amirite? Zeus killing Kratos was a cheapshot as well, considering Kratos was dealt a fatal blow by the Colossus, and Zeus had to use the BoO to kill him.

We also haven't seen anyone able to best Kratos in combat, once he is all pissed off and what not. As for the Barbarian King besting him, you do realize that Kratos didn't even have the Blades, or indeed anything else, do you? He easily beat BK in the second after he could use the Blades. Heck, he beat the BK in their rematch on the Island of Fate, and the BK was more powerful then.

It's why I think the knife-stab is moot now, since Dante is more powerful by the time the game ends, much like Kratos loosing to the BK is moot.

I said in his game he hasn't been bested and Thanos is out of his league while Kratos isn't. I already told you this so you asking it again shows me that you are slow to catch on and need to ask questions twice to learn something.

No, you said that Dante is unbeaten without cheapshots, and unbeaten against enemies he can see. The way you put it, it wouldn't matter in the least if Thanos was out of his league or not. He would be beaten by Dante if Dante could see him and if Thanos never used a cheap-shot.
It's just your fanboyish tendencies and ridiculous ego that keeps you from seeing the fault in your logic.

Demonic Phoenix
Continued due to post limit :

Thanos also has powers and durability far greater than any of the characters involved in this thread whereas Kratos and dante are on the same playing field. Did you get it now? If not feel free to ask again.

Once again, just your fanboyish tendencies lead you to assume Dante is on the same playing field as Kratos, despite Kratos' durability, strength, & skill being higher.
I mean, Thanos has been pierced by Wolverine, so what leads you to assume that Thanos has a higher durability than either of the two? Is it his feats? Or just your fanboyish tendencies?
Do you understand now? If not, feel free to ask me to explain it.

We see feats which determine them. Kratos could Zeus with his bare hands while dante who ripped death and various demons in half fail to even fatally wound Lucy at the end of the game. No shocked that Lucy is far greater than Zeus but based on what we saw it's not even close.

Lucy-boy was easily imprisoned by Dante, whereas Zeus casually took care of a number of Titans, as well as thousands of soldiers another time, in one shot; while Kratos, who has pwned various enemies, killed 2 Titans & 7 Gods, failed to beat Zeus in 3 of their 4 fights. He needed a plot device to beat Zeus once and for all.
No shock that Zeus is far greater than this poor man's Satan, but based on what we saw, it's not even close.

Lightning will hurt Kratos whereas bullets won't hurt Superman. If you play the game and let the scary lightning hit Kratos it hurts him. Just because one blast which hit Gaea and him at once didn't kill him that doesn't mean he's impervious to lightning now. This is common sense again which you don't seem to get.

That particular Lightning bolt never hurt Kratos. It just tossed him back. There's no indication that he was bruised, scratched, cut, knocked out, or anything else. As for Zeus' other lightning attacks, who knows. It hurts him in gameplay, but he can easily block it with his Blades, or avoid it altogether.

Jumping to lightning immunity now are we? First it was "you think Kratos is uncuttable," now it's Lightning immunity.
Please, point out to me where I said he was immune to Lightning.

I love it when you keep using the term "Common sense." To me, it is very ironic, considering you seem to lack it. No surprise, since Common sense isn't very common at all, given by the way you act.

PS1--I do that to shorten his name and he wasn't beaten by just Dante but by the souls he freed. That shows he was above being physically beaten by him and he just incinerated his scythe like it was an afterthought.

PS2- Through what we have seen Hades indeed seems like a badass if he can take on Cronos and has the power necessary to defeat him. Who is a badass by your definition?

PS #1 - Change it to something else. Lucy makes him seem like a little pretty girl. Might I suggest L-Man or something like that?

PS #2 - Someone whose personality and actions/abilities are totally awesome. Hades dreadfully falls short in the first category, and hence, may have badass abilities, but is not a badass.

The point is you dismiss how the character is portrayed in favor of one or two feats and describe this as his standard strength throughout. You're a spiderman fan who thinks spiderman juggles buicks and dismiss how the character is normally portrayed in favor of a few feats and argue the cbr route.

How he is portrayed has no bearing here on KMC. I didn't make the rules. A number of protagonists are portrayed as one-man killing machines that are basically unstoppable in their verse. Dante (DI), Dante (DMC), Kratos, Link (though he doesn't kill), Kain, Duke Nukem, Doom Guy...and so on and so forth.

We use feats here, not statements, or symbolism. If you think it's wrong, fair enough. Just debate elsewhere.

Demonic Phoenix
* Shit, my bad, it wasn't Galactus Squirrel Girl had beaten doh, it was instead thought to be Thanos laughing

quanchi112
Notice how you've made numerous grammatical errors previously and I've not corrected them, but fixed that one previously? Yeah, that's what's known as 'usually not correcting errors'. Pick up a dictionary every once in a while, it'll do you some good.

Lulz lulz. You pwned me? You need a l33tspeak dictionary as well, considering your definition of pwned is faulty.

Also, I forgot it was Kurt Busiek who creates the stories for every piece of fiction there is. I mean, if George Bush Jr. thinks he runs a country terribly, that must mean that all presidents think they run their countries terribly, no? I love the way you think, it makes me laugh.

Yes, because from what I've seen of Dante, he cannot cut Kratos. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if you can prove that Dante can in fact cut him.
Instead, all you've done, is to spout random bullshit like 'OMG HE CUTZ TEH ENEMIES, SO HE CAN LIEK CUTZ ANYONES," like you always do when you debate. I can see why your reputation on the Comic Vs. Forum is so poor.

But alright...The GoW creators have shown us that Kratos can parry weapons attacks with his bare hands and blades. So even if Dante could cut him if he struck Kratos, there's no certainty that Dante would even be able to strike Kratos in the first place.

All we see is a small part of the overall fight. We know that Cronos was weakened, since he was on his knees after the attempted Soul Rip. Kratos has been subjected to the Soul Rip, but he was completely fine after he resisted it, and did not display any signs of exhaustion like Cronos did.
Hence, we don't know if Hades was the one who weakened him (I doubt putting the chains around Cronos' back weakened him), or whether Cronos was weakened prior to his altercation with Hades.
Given that there was a huge ass war going on, and that Cronos was the leader of the Titans, I'd say he was weakened prior to the fight with Hades.

Yes, Hades has an ability that could defeat Cronos, but it's entirely up to speculation whether he could actually defeat Cronos in a fight. Cronos has magical abilities as well, one of which is Electricity.

Hades' soul rip works best when the opponent is weakened. Kratos resisted it, and IMO, it's because he wasn't weakened, as well as due to his drive to kill Zeus and the other Gods.
Kratos had to weaken Hades in their fight, before he could steal his soul.

The hell? He had to weaken Death first with the Scythe, before he could actually kill him. no expression

Yes, it exhibits strength, but we don't know how strong Dante is, since we don't know how durable Death is.

We were arguing who has the greater skill in this point, not who prevails with their trademark weapon.
Like I said before, Kratos has the range advantage with his chained blades, which means that Dante will have to get closer in. Quite hard to do so, considering a favored tactic of Kratos is to swing his Blades in arcs.

So we see Kratos take blows from 1000 tonners and not get hurt at all, while going on a massacre throughout Olympus, only to WTFPWN every God in his way, yet you still think Dante can hurt him? What planet are you from? Honestly, do you think Dante can strike Kratos and harm him?

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I mean, I think you are a blatant troll with a penchant for dismissing feats and solely relying upon your own twisted, faulty logic, but hey, that's me.
No wait, I'm pretty sure that's the opinion of anyone who's ever debated against you.

Haha, I could easily say Squirrel Girl is a powerful force in Marvel Comics no expression. I mean, hey, she's based on a Squirrel, and she beat Galactus. I don't care if it was PIS or jobbing, since you obviously think that Death is this very powerful force, therefore, Squirrel Girl must also be this very powerful force.
My opinion is backed by your bullshit based on assumptions, while yours is too doped

Symbolism plays little part in battles on KMC. Otherwise, everyone, from Dante to Kain, to Link, to Kratos, would be unstoppable forces. no expression They all overcome incredible odds, and pass their challenges.

Lulz, and Kratos was killed in direct battle amirite? Zeus killing Kratos was a cheapshot as well, considering Kratos was dealt a fatal blow by the Colossus, and Zeus had to use the BoO to kill him.

We also haven't seen anyone able to best Kratos in combat, once he is all pissed off and what not. As for the Barbarian King besting him, you do realize that Kratos didn't even have the Blades, or indeed anything else, do you? He easily beat BK in the second after he could use the Blades. Heck, he beat the BK in their rematch on the Island of Fate, and the BK was more powerful then.

It's why I think the knife-stab is moot now, since Dante is more powerful by the time the game ends, much like Kratos loosing to the BK is moot.

No, you said that Dante is unbeaten without cheapshots, and unbeaten against enemies he can see. The way you put it, it wouldn't matter in the least if Thanos was out of his league or not. He would be beaten by Dante if Dante could see him and if Thanos never used a cheap-shot.
It's just your fanboyish tendencies and ridiculous ego that keeps you from seeing the fault in your logic. Dante's skill is pretty high end as well since he mastered the scythe as soon as he acquired it. His strength feat with his weapon more than make it possible for him to kill Kratos.

Keep rambling on about grammar maybe you'll convince yourself you won this debate while focusing on misspelled words and commas being out of place.

That's how most fictional writers are whereas fanboys try to blow a vague feat out of context and distance themselves from how their characters are portrayed. That's you.

So him ripping characters in half and storming through his game doesn't tell you he can make Kratos bleed if he gets hit by his scythe? I can't seem to recall any badass weapon just bouncing off Kratos whatsoever.

I could care less about how personal you want to make this. It shows a real insecurity if you want to talk comics, featboy.

Why can't he strike Kratos now? Where do you come up with this stuff?

We see Hades and the gods power is enough to best the Titans. My point wasn't how many fights hades can beat Cronos it was just that he can best him with his powers.

Yes, like all enemies they need to be weakened to kill them. Death was just trying to talk him down at this point because he was weaponless. Dante showed how quickly he can use the scythe coupled with his strength to rip him in half. Ripping someone in half also shows the creators are saying hey this guy's strong but I guess you missed that and needed feats of death, right?

You have to keep in mind though dante's got decent range with his weapon though. I feel dante can definitely resist his ranged attacks just like every boss Kratos faced and that it will get up close and personal.

Yes, because Kratos while formidable also had the benefit of two sides completely mauling each other with him running through it all. The gods weren't just focusing on Kratos they had to focus on the titans. It was everyone vs. dante and he fought against a superuior end boss than Zeus who went down to Kratos' hands.

I like to argue how these characters are portrayed whereas you want to use random feats as their standard strength and dismiss common sense and pretend Kratos can't be pierced like the troll you are.

Sg is a powerful force in marvel albeit a joke but when you argue her showings her record is untarnished. Most biased posters like yourself dismiss what they don't like as pis showing how biased you are. I am not.

You catch my drift and both characters based on their showings would obviously be able to hurt the other one. To suggest otherwise is to show a bias.
Kratos has to win the game just like Dante but the point is dante has yet to be bested in combat whereas Kratos has. Kratos has also had help from the gods, titans, etc. whereas Dante just takes his scythe with his other abilities he acquiered without aid from other powerful forces. Kratos has also been brought back by other forces every time he had died. Dante does stuff on his own whereas Kratos needs a lot more help. This makes dante more impressive.

I knew you'd need me to explain this one more time. Someone who doesn't get things right away would need for me to explain to them that dante can't beat Thanos or the Lt even after I cleared it up already.

quanchi112
Continued due to post limit :

Once again, just your fanboyish tendencies lead you to assume Dante is on the same playing field as Kratos, despite Kratos' durability, strength, & skill being higher.
I mean, Thanos has been pierced by Wolverine, so what leads you to assume that Thanos has a higher durability than either of the two? Is it his feats? Or just your fanboyish tendencies?
Do you understand now? If not, feel free to ask me to explain it.

Lucy-boy was easily imprisoned by Dante, whereas Zeus casually took care of a number of Titans, as well as thousands of soldiers another time, in one shot; while Kratos, who has pwned various enemies, killed 2 Titans & 7 Gods, failed to beat Zeus in 3 of their 4 fights. He needed a plot device to beat Zeus once and for all.
No shock that Zeus is far greater than this poor man's Satan, but based on what we saw, it's not even close.

That particular Lightning bolt never hurt Kratos. It just tossed him back. There's no indication that he was bruised, scratched, cut, knocked out, or anything else. As for Zeus' other lightning attacks, who knows. It hurts him in gameplay, but he can easily block it with his Blades, or avoid it altogether.

Jumping to lightning immunity now are we? First it was "you think Kratos is uncuttable," now it's Lightning immunity.
Please, point out to me where I said he was immune to Lightning.

I love it when you keep using the term "Common sense." To me, it is very ironic, considering you seem to lack it. No surprise, since Common sense isn't very common at all, given by the way you act.

PS #1 - Change it to something else. Lucy makes him seem like a little pretty girl. Might I suggest L-Man or something like that?

PS #2 - Someone whose personality and actions/abilities are totally awesome. Hades dreadfully falls short in the first category, and hence, may have badass abilities, but is not a badass.

How he is portrayed has no bearing here on KMC. I didn't make the rules. A number of protagonists are portrayed as one-man killing machines that are basically unstoppable in their verse. Dante (DI), Dante (DMC), Kratos, Link (though he doesn't kill), Kain, Duke Nukem, Doom Guy...and so on and so forth.

We use feats here, not statements, or symbolism. If you think it's wrong, fair enough. Just debate elsewhere. Skill doesn't determine this it's determine by who is more effective as both have mastered their weapons.

He wasn't easily imprisoned he was imprisoned due to the souls aiding him. On dante's own he couldn't best or even hurt him. Lucy just disintegrated his weapon after it was in his chest. Zeus needs to be saved by Athena in part 1 and flees like a coward.

In part 3 he get beat on in the first part of their fight but when everything comes tumbling down he lets Zeus go only to crush him later with his bare hands again. Zeus was afraid of him and rightly so and after Kratos kicking his ass for two games we can see why.

Lucy is only imprisoned in hell because let's face it him escaping is no small feat and only made possible by Dante's actions. That's a badass and even at the end of the game we still see him screwing around at the end of the game.

The lightning blast knocked him back and we didn't see it just hit Kratos alone just the general area he and Gaea were in. To think the blast only effected him similar to a strong wind and that it can barely hurt him is further proof of your delusions. I guess everything that hurts him in the game doesn't count either right? LOL.

PS1-No.

PS2-So he's a personality badass but a badass nonetheless. Concession accepted.

You're misrepresenting how the character is portrayed based on a few feats. I will debate here. Thanks.

* Shit, my bad, it wasn't Galactus Squirrel Girl had beaten doh, it was instead thought to be Thanos laughing That's not canon to the real Thanos.

ares834
That's not canon to the real Thanos.
http://fullbodytransplant.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/thanosgoesdown.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
http://fullbodytransplant.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/thanosgoesdown.jpg This was a joke showing aimed at Starlin. Marvel doesn't recognize this as canon to the real Thanos.

BloodRain
Too long to read all that so ill ask.. again. What are Dante's strength feats?

Demonic Phoenix
Dante's skill is pretty high end as well since he mastered the scythe as soon as he acquired it. His strength feat with his weapon more than make it possible for him to kill Kratos.

Keep rambling on about grammar maybe you'll convince yourself you won this debate while focusing on misspelled words and commas being out of place.

That's how most fictional writers are whereas fanboys try to blow a vague feat out of context and distance themselves from how their characters are portrayed. That's you.

So him ripping characters in half and storming through his game doesn't tell you he can make Kratos bleed if he gets hit by his scythe? I can't seem to recall any badass weapon just bouncing off Kratos whatsoever.

I could care less about how personal you want to make this. It shows a real insecurity if you want to talk comics, featboy.

Why can't he strike Kratos now? Where do you come up with this stuff?

We see Hades and the gods power is enough to best the Titans. My point wasn't how many fights hades can beat Cronos it was just that he can best him with his powers.

Yes, like all enemies they need to be weakened to kill them. Death was just trying to talk him down at this point because he was weaponless. Dante showed how quickly he can use the scythe coupled with his strength to rip him in half. Ripping someone in half also shows the creators are saying hey this guy's strong but I guess you missed that and needed feats of death, right?

You have to keep in mind though dante's got decent range with his weapon though. I feel dante can definitely resist his ranged attacks just like every boss Kratos faced and that it will get up close and personal.

Yes, because Kratos while formidable also had the benefit of two sides completely mauling each other with him running through it all. The gods weren't just focusing on Kratos they had to focus on the titans. It was everyone vs. dante and he fought against a superuior end boss than Zeus who went down to Kratos' hands.

I like to argue how these characters are portrayed whereas you want to use random feats as their standard strength and dismiss common sense and pretend Kratos can't be pierced like the troll you are.

Sg is a powerful force in marvel albeit a joke but when you argue her showings her record is untarnished. Most biased posters like yourself dismiss what they don't like as pis showing how biased you are. I am not.

You catch my drift and both characters based on their showings would obviously be able to hurt the other one. To suggest otherwise is to show a bias.
Kratos has to win the game just like Dante but the point is dante has yet to be bested in combat whereas Kratos has. Kratos has also had help from the gods, titans, etc. whereas Dante just takes his scythe with his other abilities he acquiered without aid from other powerful forces. Kratos has also been brought back by other forces every time he had died. Dante does stuff on his own whereas Kratos needs a lot more help. This makes dante more impressive.

I knew you'd need me to explain this one more time. Someone who doesn't get things right away would need for me to explain to them that dante can't beat Thanos or the Lt even after I cleared it up already.

Nahh. Show me other strength feats, before claiming something like you normally do.
I can easily claim that Kratos is uncuttable by anyone (which is not the case). You need to prove your claims.

There's no need for me to convince myself I've won a debate with a blind rabid troll who doesn't know when he's lost. As for grammar errors, sure, because I like totally need to focus on your grammar errors to pwn you, despite repeatedly pwning you otherwise.

You had pegged yourself when you said fanboy, my friend. Fanboys are people such as yourself. People who are incredibly biased towards something (the way you are biased towards Thanos and indeed any character you like), and using claims and senseless bullshit to debate, all while relying upon their own, severely flawed, understanding.

So Kratos taking heavy hits left & right without much damage and storming through his game doesn't tell you Dante can't make Kratos bleed if he gets hit by his scythe? I can't seem to recall the Scythe hurting everyone Dante used it against.

Who said I was making this personal? Nahh man, you're just assuming this is personal. Shows me how insecure you are.
I have no interest in personally attacking a fool such as you, as it's a waste of time. In a debate, the only factor that matters is intelligence, something you repeatedly demonstrate a severe lack of. To be honest, I actually pity you.

The GoW creators have shown us that Kratos can parry weapons attacks with his bare hands and blades. So even if Dante could cut him if he struck Kratos, there's no certainty that Dante would even be able to strike Kratos in the first place as Kratos could parry his attacks.
Yeah, the GoW creators came up with this stuff doped

No, we see that clever use of teamwork is enough to best the Titans and the Gods as well. How is Hades besting Cronos, if Cronos was already weakened before their fight?

Okay, so since Dante can rip something in half, he must be strong.
So since I rip an orange in half, that must mean I'm super duper strong as well right?
Starting to see the fault in your logic yet? If not, it's okay, I'll give more examples.
I can chop a piece of wood in half. Yet again, I'm super duper strong.
I can bend a rod in half. Yet again, I'm super duper strong.
I can break a bunch of sticks in half. Yet again, I'm super duper strong.

Kratos' range is far better than Dante's though. As for Dante resisting the attacks like the bosses do, nahh. He isn't as strong as the Gods are. Not to mention, it's just a gameplay limitation when the Bosses are not always stunned by our strikes. Tis' known as "Juggernaut" Status.

Nahh, Kratos pretty much had to fend off the Titans as well. Notice Perses and Gaia trying to attack Kratos? Yeah, it was pretty much him against everyone as well. He didn't take out everyone like Dante did, but that doesn't matter, since he took out a fair number of big players like Gaia, Perses, Cronos & the Gods, who are better than the big players Dante faced.
As for Lucifer being better than Zeus, nahh. I say that Kratos needed a plot device to beat Zeus, whereas Lucifer was easily resealed.

Arguing how these characters are portrayed is faulty logic, not to mention, against the rules here in KMC. We use feats, not portrayals, to debate a character's abilities, and hence how they would fare when matched up against someone else. For someone who has been here for 3 years, that little rule hasn't sunk in yet, has it? I'm not surprised.

Yes, but she isn't powerful enough to contend with the likes of Terrax and such. So yeah, PIS. Her beating Thanos is PIS as well, but since you don't believe in PIS, I guess that Thanos would actually lose to Squirrel Girl then. Which would mean Squirrel Girl > Thanos.

No, to repeatedly ignore feats and to allow personal opinions into a fight is to show bias. I might be acting a little biased towards Kratos, but you take bias to a new level, when you state that portrayals and such bullshit are what guarantees Dante a victory.

Kratos was bested in combat years ago. He hasn't been bested since. He's had years of combat experience with the Blades, whereas Dante has had at best, a year of experience with the Scythe.
It's like it is with the Knife stab. You act like moot events are still relevant. If a simple knife stab could kill Dante, Kratos won't have much trouble killing Dante.

No need to explain it again. It's perfectly clear from your earlier logic that Dante would beat Thanos, provided Dante could see Thanos, and Thanos never used a cheap shot.
Yet, your later posts suggest something else. Paradoxical almost. If your logic concerning Dante was correct (which it isn't), I'd say you were unbelievably biased towards Thanos or any character you like (which even though said logic isn't correct, you still are unbelievably biased).

Demonic Phoenix
Skill doesn't determine this it's determine by who is more effective as both have mastered their weapons.

He wasn't easily imprisoned he was imprisoned due to the souls aiding him. On dante's own he couldn't best or even hurt him. Lucy just disintegrated his weapon after it was in his chest. Zeus needs to be saved by Athena in part 1 and flees like a coward.

In part 3 he get beat on in the first part of their fight but when everything comes tumbling down he lets Zeus go only to crush him later with his bare hands again. Zeus was afraid of him and rightly so and after Kratos kicking his ass for two games we can see why.

Lucy is only imprisoned in hell because let's face it him escaping is no small feat and only made possible by Dante's actions. That's a badass and even at the end of the game we still see him screwing around at the end of the game.

The lightning blast knocked him back and we didn't see it just hit Kratos alone just the general area he and Gaea were in. To think the blast only effected him similar to a strong wind and that it can barely hurt him is further proof of your delusions. I guess everything that hurts him in the game doesn't count either right? LOL.

PS1-No.

PS2-So he's a personality badass but a badass nonetheless. Concession accepted.

You're misrepresenting how the character is portrayed based on a few feats. I will debate here. Thanks.

That's not canon to the real Thanos.

No, you think skill doesn't determine this. I couldn't care less what you think, since I know you are almost always wrong.
Kratos has had more years of experience with his weapon, so yes, skill matters, and Kratos has more skill.

Lucy was easily imprisoned because he was imprisoned by the likes of Dante and some random souls. Heck, his prison was made of his tears laughing
Zeus never needed to be saved by Athena in Part 1.
As for Zeus being stabbed by Kratos in Part 2, yeah, that was because Kratos suckered him in. Lucifer doesn't need to be suckered in by Dante to be beaten, but Zeus did.

Zeus aimed the Lightning Bolt straight at Kratos. no expression You can even see the Lightning Bolt travel right towards Kratos. It was due to the power of the bolt that the entire arena was caught in the blast, while Gaia was hurt, and Kratos was thrown back.

Also, the hell? A person gets hurt if they are cut, scratched, bruised, knocked unconscious or such, not if they are only thrown back due to force. Just how dense are you?
Sure, because a normal strong breeze would cause the arm of a Titan to get damaged heavily. LOLOLOLOLOL.

PS #1 - L-man is more manly than Lucy.

PS #2 - In your wet dreams. Hades is a git, but has a cool ability. Lucy boy is a supreme git as well, but has badass abilities. I accept your concession. Oh wait, you are a rabid troll, thus you'd never concede..

I interpreting him just perfectly based on KMC's rules.
Cool. It will give me a source of lulz, not to mention, more people will know of your trollish tendencies.

It's ambiguous. One source says that Squirrel Girl pwned the real Thanos, another instance tells us that it was apparently a clone.

Too long to read all that so ill ask.. again. What are Dante's strength feats?

As far as quanchi112 has mentioned, ripping death in half with Death's scythe shows that Dante is extremely strong.

Also, dude, srsly, read the whole thing. It's good for teh lulz. I pwomise!

BloodRain
So.. Dante's physically weaker? Then he loses as Kratos is simple a Dante+

Can tell by the Squirrel Girl strip popping up out of the blue

Demonic Phoenix
That's just the cream of the crop. Much more lulz awaits ye. 313

quanchi112
Too long to read all that so ill ask.. again. What are Dante's strength feats? Ripping death in half, piercing Lucy, and his various strength feats throughout the game.

Nahh. Show me other strength feats, before claiming something like you normally do.
I can easily claim that Kratos is uncuttable by anyone (which is not the case). You need to prove your claims.

There's no need for me to convince myself I've won a debate with a blind rabid troll who doesn't know when he's lost. As for grammar errors, sure, because I like totally need to focus on your grammar errors to pwn you, despite repeatedly pwning you otherwise.

You had pegged yourself when you said fanboy, my friend. Fanboys are people such as yourself. People who are incredibly biased towards something (the way you are biased towards Thanos and indeed any character you like), and using claims and senseless bullshit to debate, all while relying upon their own, severely flawed, understanding.

So Kratos taking heavy hits left & right without much damage and storming through his game doesn't tell you Dante can't make Kratos bleed if he gets hit by his scythe? I can't seem to recall the Scythe hurting everyone Dante used it against.

Who said I was making this personal? Nahh man, you're just assuming this is personal. Shows me how insecure you are.
I have no interest in personally attacking a fool such as you, as it's a waste of time. In a debate, the only factor that matters is intelligence, something you repeatedly demonstrate a severe lack of. To be honest, I actually pity you.

The GoW creators have shown us that Kratos can parry weapons attacks with his bare hands and blades. So even if Dante could cut him if he struck Kratos, there's no certainty that Dante would even be able to strike Kratos in the first place as Kratos could parry his attacks.
Yeah, the GoW creators came up with this stuff doped

No, we see that clever use of teamwork is enough to best the Titans and the Gods as well. How is Hades besting Cronos, if Cronos was already weakened before their fight?

Okay, so since Dante can rip something in half, he must be strong.
So since I rip an orange in half, that must mean I'm super duper strong as well right?
Starting to see the fault in your logic yet? If not, it's okay, I'll give more examples.
I can chop a piece of wood in half. Yet again, I'm super duper strong.
I can bend a rod in half. Yet again, I'm super duper strong.
I can break a bunch of sticks in half. Yet again, I'm super duper strong.

Kratos' range is far better than Dante's though. As for Dante resisting the attacks like the bosses do, nahh. He isn't as strong as the Gods are. Not to mention, it's just a gameplay limitation when the Bosses are not always stunned by our strikes. Tis' known as "Juggernaut" Status.

Nahh, Kratos pretty much had to fend off the Titans as well. Notice Perses and Gaia trying to attack Kratos? Yeah, it was pretty much him against everyone as well. He didn't take out everyone like Dante did, but that doesn't matter, since he took out a fair number of big players like Gaia, Perses, Cronos & the Gods, who are better than the big players Dante faced.
As for Lucifer being better than Zeus, nahh. I say that Kratos needed a plot device to beat Zeus, whereas Lucifer was easily resealed.

Arguing how these characters are portrayed is faulty logic, not to mention, against the rules here in KMC. We use feats, not portrayals, to debate a character's abilities, and hence how they would fare when matched up against someone else. For someone who has been here for 3 years, that little rule hasn't sunk in yet, has it? I'm not surprised.

Yes, but she isn't powerful enough to contend with the likes of Terrax and such. So yeah, PIS. Her beating Thanos is PIS as well, but since you don't believe in PIS, I guess that Thanos would actually lose to Squirrel Girl then. Which would mean Squirrel Girl > Thanos.

No, to repeatedly ignore feats and to allow personal opinions into a fight is to show bias. I might be acting a little biased towards Kratos, but you take bias to a new level, when you state that portrayals and such bullshit are what guarantees Dante a victory.

Kratos was bested in combat years ago. He hasn't been bested since. He's had years of combat experience with the Blades, whereas Dante has had at best, a year of experience with the Scythe.
It's like it is with the Knife stab. You act like moot events are still relevant. If a simple knife stab could kill Dante, Kratos won't have much trouble killing Dante.

No need to explain it again. It's perfectly clear from your earlier logic that Dante would beat Thanos, provided Dante could see Thanos, and Thanos never used a cheap shot.
Yet, your later posts suggest something else. Paradoxical almost. If your logic concerning Dante was correct (which it isn't), I'd say you were unbelievably biased towards Thanos or any character you like (which even though said logic isn't correct, you still are unbelievably biased). I already told you about his strength feats. If you don't get that he's strong by what he does it shows you don't get video games in general.

I use common sense and the manner in which these characters are portrayed. You seem to be under the impression no one could hurt Kratos and that Dante is shown to be an incredibly weak character. This to me shows you haven't played the games, are biased, or really don't comprehend the games.

Just like Kratos couldn't beat everyone he faced with his blades alone. His scythe cut Lucy and far less can inflict damage upon Kratos. Point proven.

You can pity someone who gets the creators intent in these games it only makes you ignorant which indeed you are.

Yes, Kratos can in cut scenes where he has to, but he's also shown us he can't parry and block all weapons either throughout the bulk of the games so like usual you don't want to take Kratos how he is normally portrayed throughout the games. He might parry and attack or two but here comes another one. This comes down to who hits the other character. Both can kill the other one. You favor Kratos I get that but you also downplay Dante and pretend he can't even pierce him which is simply ignorance.

How do we know he wasn't weakened by hades himself? I mean do you think before you post sometimes because apparently you don't.

So now you're comparing an orange to Death. LOL. I guess in your world it's a fair comparison just not anyone in reality.

How do you know he isn't as strong as the gods? How do you honestly know? We have also seen grunts able to kill Kratos hence the actual game. We know it won't happen due to his strength, skill, etc. but please don't act like no one can kill Kratos now let alone Dante?

He took out Cronos and Gaes by being inside of them and attacking them while they stood there helpless. I mean come on here. If he can just cut her heart while she just stands there what else is going to happen?

So wait a minute even though in the end it was his fists which dealt the final blow now it's a plot device whereas the souls he collected weren't? Hahahahahahahahaahahahah.

His trademark weapon was easily dismissed while Kratos tossed his down because he needed need it to kill him.

So we don't take into consideration how they are portrayed and rely on feats which falsely portray a character? LOL.

It's not can anyways but the point is you cannot debate about Sg if you dismiss all her feats, Mr feat.

According to you feats matter unless you don't like them and then they don't count which makes you biased.

I said I favor Dante but it's not bias this is a close fight and one in which I seem him prevailing. Both are tremendous warriors and I think Dante takes the nod here.

So you just destroyed your own side of the argument and stated Dante needs less time to master his weapon than Kratos. Ok.

The statement was made in regards to characters on his level and you took it like Dante could beat any other fictional character which shows ignorance yet again.

quanchi112
No, you think skill doesn't determine this. I couldn't care less what you think, since I know you are almost always wrong.
Kratos has had more years of experience with his weapon, so yes, skill matters, and Kratos has more skill.

Lucy was easily imprisoned because he was imprisoned by the likes of Dante and some random souls. Heck, his prison was made of his tears laughing
Zeus never needed to be saved by Athena in Part 1.
As for Zeus being stabbed by Kratos in Part 2, yeah, that was because Kratos suckered him in. Lucifer doesn't need to be suckered in by Dante to be beaten, but Zeus did.

Zeus aimed the Lightning Bolt straight at Kratos. no expression You can even see the Lightning Bolt travel right towards Kratos. It was due to the power of the bolt that the entire arena was caught in the blast, while Gaia was hurt, and Kratos was thrown back.

Also, the hell? A person gets hurt if they are cut, scratched, bruised, knocked unconscious or such, not if they are only thrown back due to force. Just how dense are you?
Sure, because a normal strong breeze would cause the arm of a Titan to get damaged heavily. LOLOLOLOLOL.

PS #1 - L-man is more manly than Lucy.

PS #2 - In your wet dreams. Hades is a git, but has a cool ability. Lucy boy is a supreme git as well, but has badass abilities. I accept your concession. Oh wait, you are a rabid troll, thus you'd never concede..

I interpreting him just perfectly based on KMC's rules.
Cool. It will give me a source of lulz, not to mention, more people will know of your trollish tendencies.

It's ambiguous. One source says that Squirrel Girl pwned the real Thanos, another instance tells us that it was apparently a clone.

As far as quanchi112 has mentioned, ripping death in half with Death's scythe shows that Dante is extremely strong.

Also, dude, srsly, read the whole thing. It's good for teh lulz. I pwomise! So what? Dante's just as effective if not more so right away with a weapon he just took off of Death where Kratos needed years with the blades. I accept this point. Dante is a quicker learner.

Zeus didn't come after Kratos in part 1. Zeus didn't become fearful of Kratos until the box was opened at the end of part 1. Zeus then depowered him and still got crushed at the end of the game. Athena jumped in front and took the blade meant for Zeus. I guess you don't play games you vehemently debate for or against. Laughs. Lucy was only imprisoned and the scythe couldn't phase him whereas Kratos tossed his weapons aside and beat the life from his opponent. Hmmm, who seems more formidable? LOL.

It hit the general area. This included Kratos and Gaea. It still hurt him. To suggest it didn't is again living in your own fantasy world.

I can be pushed and feel pain from the violent push but not be as damaged as someone slashed, etc. How dense are you?It's called sarcasm.

PS1-Don't care.
PS2-You admitted he's a badass who lacked personality which means I didn't care for him so he's tough but not cool enough in my eyes to consider him a likeable badass so he's not an actual badass. Even your definition of badass has to do with bias.

It's a joke aimed at starlin. Of course you are clueless about it but what aren't you clueless about.

Phanteros
Ripping death in half, piercing Lucy, and his various strength feats throughout the game. not as significant as stopping Chronos from crushing Kratos and gutting him.

This coming from a guy that thinks Link is weak and have barely just a while a go start playing the games. maybe he has played it and knows Dante is significantly weaker than most characters used commonly in KMC.

Funny you seem to Portray Dante out of the game gives us. He was mocking your down play of Kratos being killed to times by mentioning how Dante was killed by a insignificant weapon.

Heres a counter. how do we if he was even weaken at all?

apparently you don't understand the metaphor he was trying to make.

He was able to pierce Chronos.

based on what?

Relevancy is where?

quanchi112
This coming from a guy that thinks Link is weak and have barely just a while a go start playing the games. maybe he has played it and knows Dante is significantly weaker than most characters used commonly in KMC.

Funny you seem to Portray Dante out of the game gives us. He was mocking your down play of Kratos being killed to times by mentioning how Dante was killed by a insignificant weapon.

Heres a counter. how do we if he was even weaken at all?

apparently you don't understand the metaphor he was trying to make.

He was able to pierce Chronos.

based on what?

Relevancy is where? Yes, if you play the games you do realize isn't superstrong he needs gear to do the things he does which someone else previously did. Wow.

Dante was much more formidable in the games than Kratos was. feel free to disagree but he didn't need powers of various gods and to be rezzed left and right and an entire army backing him up in gow3.

It was phonix's claim but good point. I for one think something happened prior to the claws almost finishing off Cronos but it's speculation either way.

I do understand what he was attempting to do. The obvious point of the game is the guy's the biggest badass warrior and was able to release Lucy, fight and defeat whatever gets in his path, and is a strong skilled badass with a scythe. Is this incorrect in how he was portrayed?

Why can't Dante pierce him as well from inside his stomach?

He was citing Kratos' experience as proof of his advantage but it actually showed dante's quicker to master weapons and doesn't need the years apparently Kratos needed after Ares saved his life.

Phanteros
Yes, if you play the games you do realize isn't superstrong he needs gear to do the things he does which someone else previously did. Wow. Not in TP he doesn't.

I guess Superman is weaker than Bruce Wayne because he has more powers from what you are arguing.

I was referring to Dante's feats.

has Dante fought someone bigger than a mountain?

I asked what it has to do with the fight not what DP said.

quanchi112
Not in TP he doesn't.

I guess Superman is weaker than Bruce Wayne because he has more powers from what you are arguing.

I was referring to Dante's feats.

has Dante fought someone bigger than a mountain?

I asked what it has to do with the fight not what DP said. He needs boots to contend with the gorons. Without the boots he can't do anything to them.

This makes no sense at all.

I was speaking about his feats and you claim they don't prove he's a strong character, right?

So Kratos fleeing from his enemy and using helio's head to blind him is proof he can best him straight up? He needed to get swallowed to defeat him due to his sheer size advantage.

If Dante gets swallowed the same thing happens and we already saw Hades show the power necessary to best Cronos.

Nothing. I think Dante wins this due to his superior weapon and the skillset to pull it off against Kratos.

Phanteros

This makes no sense at all. Neither was that comment on powers hence why I made that comparison.

way to use gameplay mechanics and that doesn't prove Kratos is weak at all. Kratos was force to cut his way out because you know he was swallowed? mmmmm?

what? Hade's feat used a combination of strength and soul ****ing. The strength Dante hasn't demonstrated from my recall.

Surperior weapon and Skillset? Kratos has faster striking time than What Dante shown and neither weapon has shown the ability to overcome the other except Kratos' is more versatile than Dante's.

quanchi112
Neither was that comment on powers hence why I made that comparison.

way to use gameplay mechanics and that doesn't prove Kratos is weak at all. Kratos was force to cut his way out because you know he was swallowed? mmmmm?

what? Hade's feat used a combination of strength and soul ****ing. The strength Dante hasn't demonstrated from my recall.

Surperior weapon and Skillset? Kratos has faster striking time than What Dante shown and neither weapon has shown the ability to overcome the other except Kratos' is more versatile than Dante's. No, my comment made sense yours didn't.

Kratos didn't significantly hurt Cronos until he cut his way our of him Hmmmm.

It was his claws which did the feat not his strength. It was the powers he had due to his weapons and his role as lord of the dead.

I said Dante has the better weapon and the skillset with that weapon to defeat Kratos. How is he faster than dante? What are you basing this off of?

BloodRain
So no where near Kraots' level?

Have to ask, what has he got over Kratos because right now all the advantages are his.

Phanteros
No, my comment made sense yours didn't.

Kratos didn't significantly hurt Cronos until he cut his way our of him Hmmmm.

It was his claws which did the feat not his strength. It was the powers he had due to his weapons and his role as lord of the dead.

I said Dante has the better weapon and the skillset with that weapon to defeat Kratos. How is he faster than dante? What are you basing this off of? If you fail to understand the the comparison to your comment on powers then let me elaborate further. What you said was that Kratos was weak because he need multiple powers just to defeat his enemies which doesn't make sense as that will mean Batman(Dante) is stronger than Superman(Kratos) because he has less powers, get it now?

and this discredits him how again? Considering he had the strength to cut his way out of a Titan, its no like anyone can do it. Mmmmm?

Actually it was a combination of the two as what we seen in Kratos vs Hades fight. He still needed to outpower kratos to take his soul.

you still haven't justified his skill set. both seem pretty same with me Kratos though still has a larger strength margin. I based it of your logic and the fact you didn't show much of Dante's skill set.

quanchi112
So no where near Kraots' level?

Have to ask, what has he got over Kratos because right now all the advantages are his. He doesn't need to have Kratos strength to kill him.

His weapon is more formidable than Kratos' blades.

If you fail to understand the the comparison to your comment on powers then let me elaborate further. What you said was that Kratos was weak because he need multiple powers just to defeat his enemies which doesn't make sense as that will mean Batman(Dante) is stronger than Superman(Kratos) because he has less powers, get it now?

and this discredits him how again? Considering he had the strength to cut his way out of a Titan, its no like anyone can do it. Mmmmm?

Actually it was a combination of the two as what we seen in Kratos vs Hades fight. He still needed to outpower kratos to take his soul.

you still haven't justified his skill set. both seem pretty same with me Kratos though still has a larger strength margin. I based it of your logic and the fact you didn't show much of Dante's skill set. No, I said he needed more help to defeat his enemies whereas Dante needed little to no help at all. Dante took Death's weapon and killed him whereas various gods powered Kratos up, and various titans, and led him down the proper path to do what he needed to do.

Hades can tear his soul straight up out of his body so him only being able to really injure Cronos after being swallowed hurts his case.

Because it's a game mechanic. But yes like anything else you need to be weakened for him to rip it out and Kratos fought it and then bested him in combat.

I gave various examples of Dante such as ripping Death in half right after acquiring his weapon, doing so to various demons throughout the game, and piercing Lucy at the end of the game.

BloodRain
The man makes the weapon. There is a much higher chance that Kratos will be getting more hits in then Dante. Finally read all this and there's nothing to say Dante takes this, at least nothing that can be overcome by the spartan.

quanchi112
The man makes the weapon. There is a much higher chance that Kratos will be getting more hits in then Dante. Finally read all this and there's nothing to say Dante takes this, at least nothing that can be overcome by the spartan. The same can be said of Dante. I feel he has the superior weapon and is the superior man. What he went through on his own to me is more impressive than what Kratos did with allies throughout the games.

It's a close matchup either way and both characters are extremely capable of ending the other I just favor Dante due to his weapon and him achieving what he did basically on his own.

BloodRain
Unless its for a feat what they went through means little. Wander, an average guy in all aspects goes out and slays 16 huge Collosi. More impressive then what some characters do but that doesn't mean he's winning any fights.

Really cant as Kratos' attacks with his Bo- are faster, of better range and pack more punch to them.

Phanteros

His weapon is more formidable than Kratos' blades. based on what? As BR said the man makes the weapon.

Kratos killed Charon, Zeus, Hades, Hercules with brute strength alone and with there weapon he jacked. and what is the relevancy of Kratos needing help to kill Ares to fight? He gotten stronger as the games went on and need no assistance to challenge Zeus. not like that matters though because its irrelevant to the fight.

No it doesn't because Atlas was the one that had his soul pulled not Cronos. and Hades from what I recall struggle to take it out.

Quick time event also you supported my argument above by showing Hades needed to weaken the titan to take his soul.

I can list more feats that can best a featless Lucifer. Hades getting his own soul right out him after getting brutalized. Hercules getting battered to death win a test of strength. Kratos overpowering a hydra and a water horse. Resisting hypnosis from Persephone.

and you know what these guys have that Death doesn't have? feats

Phanteros
The same can be said of Dante. I feel he has the superior weapon and is the superior man. What he went through on his own to me is more impressive than what Kratos did with allies throughout the games. He didn't have allies when he beat a Genie nor Persephone. also I can say the same for Kratos being Superior because he killed Zeus assisted without help. also how is having allies discredits the other nummerous feats Kratos has done?

I favor Kratos becuase of his weapon being more versatile and having more feats in his favor than Dante. See the problem there?

quanchi112
Unless its for a feat what they went through means little. Wander, an average guy in all aspects goes out and slays 16 huge Collosi. More impressive then what some characters do but that doesn't mean he's winning any fights.

Really cant as Kratos' attacks with his Bo- are faster, of better range and pack more punch to them. How do they pack more of a punch and how are they faster?

based on what? As BR said the man makes the weapon.

Kratos killed Charon, Zeus, Hades, Hercules with brute strength alone and with there weapon he jacked. and what is the relevancy of Kratos needing help to kill Ares to fight? He gotten stronger as the games went on and need no assistance to challenge Zeus. not like that matters though because its irrelevant to the fight.

No it doesn't because Atlas was the one that had his soul pulled not Cronos. and Hades from what I recall struggle to take it out.

Quick time event also you supported my argument above by showing Hades needed to weaken the titan to take his soul.

I can list more feats that can best a featless Lucifer. Hades getting his own soul right out him after getting brutalized. Hercules getting battered to death win a test of strength. Kratos overpowering a hydra and a water horse. Resisting hypnosis from Persephone.

and you know what these guys have that Death doesn't have? feats The games and what Dante did with his weapon seemed more formidable than what Kratos did with his blades. Kratos needed the Zeus blade for his powerful feats anyways.

Kratos beat on them and while weakened he killed them with his strength. He didn't just overpower any of them at their best.

Cronos' soul wasn't pulled because Atlas stopped it from happening. Did ya miss that part? LOL.

I never said he could just do so otherwise. My initial point was he had the power to defeat him without cutting out from inside his stomach.

Yes, he beat them after weakening them. Lucy wasn't featless since we saw what dante's weapon was capable of. We see it's abadass weapon but to him it's something he can dismiss when he wanted to. This should be common sense to connect the dots here.

He didn't have allies when he beat a Genie nor Persephone. also I can say the same for Kratos being Superior because he killed Zeus assisted without help. also how is having allies discredits the other nummerous feats Kratos has done?

I favor Kratos becuase of his weapon being more versatile and having more feats in his favor than Dante. See the problem there? This shows how weak Zeus was that in the end he just tossed his weapons aside and beat him down. Lucy would laugh off these punches and just mess with him at this point.

It doesn't come down to versatility it comes down to effectiveness. Dante's weapon is more effective.

BloodRain
Pack more punch as Kratos is a large magnitude stronger then Dante and scythes are slower then chained weapons.

Phanteros

The games and what Dante did with his weapon seemed more formidable than what Kratos did with his blades. Kratos needed the Zeus blade for his powerful feats anyways.

Key word "seem" is not the same as confirmed. Kratos "seems" faster because he can hit more faster than what Dante "seem" to do.

The whole entire fights revolve on out maneuvering and over powering opponents overpowered them on several occasion at their best.

So we are finished with the childish remarks now?

Keep it up with the snide remarks, they not getting you no where. Being badass isn't a feat, its subjective at best. I have not seen anything impressive of the scythe.

If you were paying attention to the story, Kratos awaken a far greater power than weapons, his hope combine with his strength. Also you based Lucifer laughing of the Kratos' hope + strength on nothing at all. Zeus was stabbed with his weapon 5 times and was still able to walk out and regenerate.

Lucifer will be more likely crying his way back to hell as a slipper for Kratos foot.

Kratos's weapon is more effective as well.

quanchi112
Key word "seem" is not the same as confirmed. Kratos "seems" faster because he can hit more faster than what Dante "seem" to do.

The whole entire fights revolve on out maneuvering and over powering opponents overpowered them on several occasion at their best.

So we are finished with the childish remarks now?

Keep it up with the snide remarks, they not getting you no where. Being badass isn't a feat, its subjective at best. I have not seen anything impressive of the scythe.

If you were paying attention to the story, Kratos awaken a far greater power than weapons, his hope combine with his strength. Also you based Lucifer laughing of the Kratos' hope + strength on nothing at all. Zeus was stabbed with his weapon 5 times and was still able to walk out and regenerate.

Lucifer will be more likely crying his way back to hell as a slipper for Kratos foot.

Kratos's weapon is more effective as well. We are judging based on how quick they are in the games so if we don't have them in direct comparison to see who is faster it's speculation either way. Both seem very quick with their weapons and to me both are extremely skilled with them so it comes down to who has the better weapon which is Dante.

No, he briefly resists them, pounds on them, and then eventually kills them. It's always the same.

Why would you act like Cronos not having his soul taken had anything to do with Cronos' actions when it was Atlas who saved him.

I will try and be more polite then. Ok, I told you cutting characters such as death in half, demons, and fighting your way through hell aren't feats? Why not? Do you feel the game isn't portraying him as strong and dangerous with his weapon?

Kratos needed to overcome his fears and forgive himself to finally best Zeus' last desperate ploy against him which in the end he was aided by Pandora's voice and her help. Dante just figured out himself how to best Lucy he didn't need someone telling him exactly what to do and even then he was only imprisoned whereas Zeus was beaten and beaten badly.

Lucy would love to play on Kratos; guilt and have a field day on him. He could simply dismiss his weapons and just toy with him.

No, it really isn't the weapon he needs is the bot for the big baddies not his blade.

Sin_Volvagia
Everytime you say Lucy, I think this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pZHUPOpINuY/SzN-H54b92I/AAAAAAAABH8/jk1wPSrW5qk/s800/003_lucy_pinder_hot.jpg

ScreamPaste
If I had my own comp I'd save that.

LLLLLink
O_O;
Do want photographic memory.

Heythere,Honey
**** Saving that on comp...

quanchi112

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pZHUPOpINuY/SzN-H54b92I/AAAAAAAABH8/jk1wPSrW5qk/s800/003_lucy_pinder_hot.jpg That's not a bad thing.

BloodRain
...thread just got interesting

Phanteros
Oh oh.

Demonic Phoenix

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pZHUPOpINuY/SzN-H54b92I/AAAAAAAABH8/jk1wPSrW5qk/s800/003_lucy_pinder_hot.jpg
crylaugh

~ @ Lucy Pinder droolio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.