who could kill wolverine and how?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mopit123
can he even die?

Juk3n
Sandman

Hydroman - with water nearby

Symbiotes if they fought extremely smart and out of character.

Anyone with matter manipulation
Anyone with VAST energy output and manipulation
Anyone with high level telekenesis.
Nightcrawler could kill an adamantiumless Wolverine, if he took Wolverine unawares and had a weapon that could slice dense bone.

The list is long dude...

Johnny Sorrow
Elixir can shut off his healing factor and rot his flesh off.

Parmaniac
Spot: BFR into the sun.
Blink: BFR into the sun.
Cloak: BFR into the sun.
Thor: BFR into the sun.

Sandman: Hit him and Sandblast his flesh off his body again and again.

Sunspot: Flaming his skeleton down again and again.
Human Torch: Flaming his skeleton down again and again.
Apocalypse: Flaming his skeleton down again and again.

Magneto: Pull the adamantium out of his body and crushes his body into a small ball of adamatium.

Silver Surfer: Turning him into a lead log.
Galactus: Turning him into a lead log.
Molecule Man: Turning him into a lead log.

Of course a few got more options than the ones their listed in.

And of course there are many more who could do similar stuff like that.

Bentley
Tigra, with her claws.

creepgrin

Also:

Bada.- "Not a versus thread and no characters list to choose from, closed."

Colossus-Big C
this guy can do it for good
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/24823/749197-bic_medium.gif

tkitna
Bendis if he wrote him

Mshinu
Prof X makes everyone forget how to brew beer. Wolvie looses the will to die and his body rots away. Mwhaha!

JakeTheBank
Captain America in H2H.
Batman with two minutes prep.
Cyclops.

the ninjak
If Logan....If he is smart and we all know he is.

Kept some brain and flesh tissue frozen in some safehouse somewhere his friends knew how to get to.

He is invincible!

Even if you Telekinetically picked him up and threw him into the Sun so every tiny piece of his tissue and skeleton was destroyed.

His soul will still exist and when you thaw out that tissue he will reemerge as BoneClaw Wolvie.

If you manage to get his skeleton and attach that tissue to it he will be good as new.

Parmaniac
The most obvious: Spider-man flirt

srankmissingnin
He's survived nuclear blasts, decapitation and having all his organ's farmed. Short of complete incineration there isn't really a conventional way to kill him, but as long as he has an Adamantium skeleton even that wouldn't do the trick. The Adamantium doesn't interfere with the biological processes of his bones, so as long as he has an Adamantium skeleton he has bone marrow to regenerate from.

Matter / Reality manip, disabling the X-Gene and magic, would all get the job done though.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He's survived nuclear blasts, decapitation and having all his organ's farmed. Short of complete incineration there isn't really a conventional way to kill him, but as long as he has an Adamantium skeleton even that wouldn't do the trick. The Adamantium doesn't interfere with the biological processes of his bones, so as long as he has an Adamantium skeleton he has bone marrow to regenerate from.

Matter / Reality manip, disabling the X-Gene and magic, would all get the job done though. Question: Was it explained exactly how the adamantium beta works? I mean is it really bonded with his bones and in a way producing the bloodcells by itself or is it just completely wrapped around every single part of the bones and their inner structure?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The most obvious: Spider-man flirt

Yeah, he would just make another deal with the devil.

the ninjak

Matter / Reality manip, disabling the X-Gene and magic, would all get the job done though.

Yeah but how would the tissue form from the clean Adamantium laced bones?

His soul would most probably wither and die by then.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, he would just make another deal with the devil. You're just jealous that Mephisto doesn't want to make deals with an alcoholic canadian. biscuits

srankmissingnin
Question: Was it explained exactly how the adamantium beta works? I mean is it really bonded with his bones and in a way producing the bloodcells by itself or is it just completely wrapped around every single part of the bones and their inner structure?

It's never really been adequately explained. What we know is that it is some sort of molecular amalgamation of bone and Adamantium, not just a sheath of metal over his bones. Presumably, its essentially an unbreakable organic hybrid of Adamantium and bone.

chomperx9
magneto and polaris playing tug o war

StiltmanFTW
Question: Was it explained exactly how the adamantium beta works? I mean is it really bonded with his bones and in a way producing the bloodcells by itself or is it just completely wrapped around every single part of the bones and their inner structure?

What srank said.

1. http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2342/wolverine080page15.jpg
2. http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3221/wolverine080page16.jpg
3. http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3637/wolverine080page17.jpg

That's all we have.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah but how would the tissue form from the clean Adamantium laced bones?

His soul would most probably wither and die by then.

His healing factor functions independently of his mind. His bones would just keep doing what they always do and cellular memory or something similar would tell each cell to regenerate the cell that should be next to it.

The soul thing is largely a bunch of convoluted mysticism that has been and will be largely ignored by all subsequent writers, but as seen in that story arch even with out his "soul" Wolverine's healing factor repaired his body to it's optimal condition even though he was dead and none of his organs were functioning. If his soul wasn't restored, he likely would have remained a perfectly preserved corpse for an eternity.

byrdgang21
She Hulk let's him hit it and gives him some super disease she has from sleeping with half the MU.

Parmaniac
Maybe she caused "Marvel Zombies" too.

Mindset
Doom

Any way he wants.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom

Any way he wants.

thumb up

Endless Mike
Death could

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by byrdgang21
She Hulk let's him hit it and gives him some super disease she has from sleeping with half the MU.

Wolverine is not interested in her.

the ninjak
His healing factor functions independently of his mind. His bones would just keep doing what they always do and cellular memory or something similar would tell each cell to regenerate the cell that should be next to it.

The soul thing is largely a bunch of convoluted mysticism that has been and will be largely ignored by all subsequent writers, but as seen in that story arch even with out his "soul" Wolverine's healing factor repaired his body to it's optimal condition even though he was dead and none of his organs were functioning. If his soul wasn't restored, he likely would have remained a perfectly preserved corpse for an eternity.

I agree it's just that it will be a hell of a long time before something creates a breach in the Adamantium and Logan heals back!

And the whole soul and mysticism thing stands.

I thought Logan had to fight a dude when he died in the astral plane to gain entrance back to his body. I read it somewhere in an issue.

If Logan's body was dead with no tissue for lets say a year, he could be screwed!

srankmissingnin
I agree it's just that it will be a hell of a long time before something creats a breach in the Adamantium and Logan heals back!

And the whole soul and mysticism thing stands.

I thought Logan had to fight a dude when he died in the astral plane to gain entrance back to his body. I read it somewhere in an issue.

If Logan's body was dead with no tissue for lets say a year, he could be screwed!

They don't need to create a breach in his Adamantium. His bones function the same as normal bones, the Adamantium doesn't interfere with the process.

the ninjak
They don't need to create a breach in his Adamantium. His bones function the same as normal bones, the Adamantium doesn't interfere with the process.

Doesn't the Adamantium completely surround the bones?

NO Wait now that I think about it there should be holes in the bones that allow tendins to link the bones together........ignore my rant smart

srankmissingnin
Doesn't the Adamantium completely surround the bones?

NO Wait now that I think about it there should be holes in the bones that allow tendins to link the bones together........ignore my rant smart

Bone marrow inside the bones is what creates blood cells for the human body hehe

Konton
Loa turns him into a puddle.

Bone tissue is a mineralized connective tissue. The bone cells, secret a matrix of collagen with calcium and magnesium that reacts and solidifies into the hard matter of bone that makes up most of its mass. I think logan just has adamantium merged into the collagen along with the calcium.

The fact his limbs cant be pulled apart is harder to explain, I picture a series of forami and bone protusions locking the whole skeleton toghether, so he'd be quite different from a human anatomically.

YFZ 350
Not many can kill Logan.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

He would die trying vin

Lord_Talron
anyone who can bfr logan into space. 'infinitely' trying to regen from death thru vacuum of space will certainly tax his healing factor enough to burn it out.

bobbi
Wolverine will still eventually need food and oxygen right? I know he can go for very long times without them but he will eventually die without them right? If so, that would be the easiest way.

Just tie him up in a way so his claws can't reach whatever is binding him and dump him in the ocean. A lot of people can do that.

marwash22
i still don't understand why you cant just drown his ass.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I recall Wolverine even admitting drowning is one of the possible ways of killing him.

Lord_Talron
being able to regenerate lost/damaged tissue doesnt do shit against continued lack of oxygen
thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
It should kill him but Wolverine has also crawled out of a vat of molten steel or something similar which makes absolutely no amount of sense.

He said he could drawn in wolverine weapon x, but he's also said he's spent 6 months underwater in the arctic before.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I recall Wolverine even admitting drowning is one of the possible ways of killing him.

He also said his healing factor would keep him alive in a perpetual state of drowning forever. It won't be pleasant, he'll likely wish he could drown, but he'd be alive.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
anyone who can bfr logan into space. 'infinitely' trying to regen from death thru vacuum of space will certainly tax his healing factor enough to burn it out.

That wouldn't kill him, it just be a stop gab. If anyone ever went and got his body he'd likely come back to life as soon as he entered a hospitable climate.

Lord_Talron
He also said his healing factor would keep him alive in a perpetual state of drowning forever. It won't be pleasant, he'll likely wish he could drown, but he'd be alive. exactly. but his healing factor will have its limits. sooner or later he wont be able to regenerate the tissue damaged from the lack of oxygen

Colossus-Big C
theres plenty oxygen in water

srankmissingnin
exactly. but his healing factor will have its limits. sooner or later he wont be able to regenerate the tissue damaged from the lack of oxygen

He'd evolve a set of gills before that happened. evil face

Lord_Talron
thats why i suggested space. not to mention that land creatures arent made in a way to process that oxygen, which is bonded to the hydrogen in water.

edit: responding to colossus.

Lord_Talron
He'd evolve a set of gills before that happened. evil face his healing factor has been shown able to be taxed.

BlackZero30x
im sure daken could if he got a good hit in......Charles Xavier,Gambit at full power(not new son version but just when he had sinister give him back his full power)Molecule Man,im certain doom&reed could come up with a way, im sure there's a lot more but that's my list

He might go into some form of stasis in situations like this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He also said his healing factor would keep him alive in a perpetual state of drowning forever. It won't be pleasant, he'll likely wish he could drown, but he'd be alive.

His healing factor wouldn't be exerted or be unable to heal the tissue damaged eventually? Seriously?

Lord_Talron
like i said before, theres on panel proof of his healing factor being taxed by far less.

marwash22
So in effect, Wolverine is a vampire? You mean to tell me that if i leave him underwater for a year, the only result would be wrinkly skin? If this is the case, theoretically, he wouldn't even suffer from brain damage 'cause his brain would heal.

srankmissingnin
his healing factor has been shown able to be taxed.

Bone claw Wolverine ate the nuke at Hiroshima. Relatively speaking lack of oxygen to the brain is small potatoes. Like 753 said, his body might just go into stasis, its done it before.

Konton
Anybody could do it IMO.

X-23 demonstrated that he could bleed to death by shoving dirt in his wounds so they wouldn't heal.

Starscream M
Bone claw Wolverine ate the nuke at Hiroshima. which is UTTER PIS GARBAGE

logan would be vaporized to atoms by a nuke if he didn't have adamantium

marwash22
Whatever! Magneto still owns the deed to Wolverine's life and can hand him a foreclosure notice whenever he chooses to.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Konton
Anybody could do it IMO.

X-23 demonstrated that he could bleed to death by shoving dirt in his wounds so they wouldn't heal.

Well... she did try it, but there was no indication that would have be effective.

srankmissingnin
Magneto could force all the Adamantium from Wolverine's skull into his brain cavity. That would be something to see.

Lord_Talron
yea, what happens when he is UNABLE to regenerate his brain...

srankmissingnin
yea, what happens when he is UNABLE to regenerate his brain...

He'd be a perfectly preserved, unrotable, hairy corpse for the rest of eternity. smile

marwash22
Magneto could force all the Adamantium from Wolverine's skull into his brain cavity. That would be something to see. I was just thinking he could strip it, then cut his friggin head off... but your idea is fun too.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine has survived decapitation though. big grin

psycho gundam
exactly. but his healing factor will have its limits. sooner or later he wont be able to regenerate the tissue damaged from the lack of oxygen

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
theres plenty oxygen in water lulz

Wild Shadow
i like how ppl try to argue the drowning and how it effects his mind.. logan stated that he could possibly drown but wasnt sure..

when he was drowning he was freaking out but his healing factor kept him going repairing his lungs which were bursting from the pressure of the sea and the water filling them up.. logan panicked and wondered if his healing factor would give up or simply keep him regenerating in a perpetual cycle of drowning or compensate for the lack of oxygen.. he stated he could feel his neurons dying and popping from the lack of oxygen.. he completely regressed into a feral berserker state but he swam out of the ocean to the surface and back to shore and proceeded to kick the snot out of tiger shark..while foaming at the mouth..

we know he can survive but it isnt pleasant nor does he like it... he hates drowning above all the other stuff that he has undergone

marwash22
Wolverine has survived decapitation though. big grin yeah, but not how I'd do it. Without Adamantium, he's pretty much normal, therefore i can turn his entire head into ground chuck... no regenerating from that.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i like how ppl try to argue the drowning and how it effects his mind.. logan stated that he could possibly drown but wasnt sure..

when he was drowning he was freaking out but his healing factor kept him going repairing his lungs which were bursting from the pressure of the sea and the water filling them up.. logan panicked and wondered if his healing factor would give up or simply keep him regenerating in a perpetual cycle of drowning or compensate for the lack of oxygen.. he stated he could feel his neurons dying and popping from the lack of oxygen.. he completely regressed into a feral berserker state but he swam out of the ocean to the surface and back to shore and proceeded to kick the snot out of tiger shark..while foaming at the mouth..

we know he can survive but it isnt pleasant nor does he like it... he hates drowning above all the other stuff that he has undergone ^ meh, incapacitation like say....being buried in sand or a rockslide and simply left there should do the trick. his cells will try and reproduce, but he won't have enough nutrient material to create new cells for very long, just malnourishment till he's skin over bones.

Wild Shadow
agreed. if you remove nourishment he will eventually die.. but apparently the modern version of wolverine's healing factor is tied to his spirit and Mother Gaea.. which means even if he is completely killed and just bones there is still the possibility of being returned through mystic means and cellular regeneration if mother gaea wants him back.

the problem is making sure logan never gets any nourishment later down the road from water and basic proteins electronites and whatnot also his soul needs to crossover and find peace so he doesnt come back or has an option to

Lord_Talron
contain him in a room with deadpool for all eternity. wolvie will find a way to kill himself.

Wild Shadow
wolverine would eat him and sh#$ him out.. pretty sure that is what he told him last time if he screwed with him again

JakeTheBank
Has Logan ever faced legit death gods?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Has Logan ever faced legit death gods? he has faced aspects of death and beings who claim to be death and whatnot.. although he has faced a certain would be death god by his own admission thanos but it was with an army of heroes.. eek!

i would say no he hasnt faced any skyfather death god like:

Seth
Hela
Lady Death(absract)

psycho gundam
agreed. if you remove nourishment he will eventually die.. but apparently the modern version of wolverine's healing factor is tied to his spirit and Mother Gaea.. which means even if he is completely killed and just bones there is still the possibility of being returned through mystic means and cellular regeneration if mother gaea wants him back.

the problem is making sure logan never gets any nourishment later down the road from water and basic proteins electronites and whatnot also his soul needs to crossover and find peace so he doesn't come back or has an option to that's all so very ghey

writers are tiring themselves out trying to make him immortal for unknown reasons

Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ meh, incapacitation like say....being buried in sand or a rockslide and simply left there should do the trick. his cells will try and reproduce, but he won't have enough nutrient material to create new cells for very long, just malnourishment till he's skin over bones.

That makes sense, but I'm not even sure about that anymore. His hf already defies the law of conservation of mass and energy. He sprouts mass from nowhere to replace damaged tissue instantaneously all the time. That magical matter certainly doesn't come from his diet.

Wild Shadow
i use to like the old classic HF which was based on protein and fluids.... it was explained when he was speaking to angel pie and she told him how his HF worked...

now these modern writers completely screwed him up.. they screwed him up so much that magic, mystic and metaphysical explanations are now the only answers of how he could survive PIS writing

Lord_Talron
so his healing factor has been retconned then? lame.

Lord_Talron
i mean, deadpool is one thing, but wolvie. GTFO

psycho gundam
i use to like the old classic HF which was based on protein and fluids.... it was explained when he was speaking to angel pie and she told him how his HF worked...

now these modern writers completely screwed him up.. they screwed him up so much that magic, mystic and metaphysical explanations are now the only answers of how he could survive PIS writing don't forget the "endangered species" arc. no expression

StiltmanFTW
^ thumb up

YFZ 350
Didn't WWHulk pretty much confirm he couldn't kill Wolverine?

The Real Wolvie

now these modern writers completely screwed him up.. they screwed him up so much that magic, mystic and metaphysical explanations are now the only answers of how he could survive PIS writing

Yeah, everyone pretty much feels the same. Also, it would be cool if they made it so that the adamanium absorbs virtually all forms of blunt force trauma (to some extent) which would make sense because otherwise logan's brain turns to goop everytime he gets nailed by anyone class 10 and up.

Don't forget that his HF used to be reliant on his fights with the Angel of Death! This fully explains how he is able to regenerate from a skeleton, hair and all! laughing Happy Dance No wonder they are revamping the series for the second time in 7 years. Man, volume 3 was effing TERRIBLE! No writer managed to get it right until Jason Aaron's last little stint. And even then, he didn't really get it until the "Manifest Destiny" series.

Just strap Claremont to a chair and refuse food and water until 100 issues of Wolverine: Volume 4 are completed. Seriously, screw other writers. Frank Tieri was okay but Logan seriously needs Claremont to come back and start writing stories. Then again if you strapped Claremont to a chair for that long, his work would start to suck due to lack of food...then again it would still greatly surpass anything anyone's done with the character since Tieri had control of him damn near 10 years ago.

Lord_Talron
yea, his insides not turning to goo at high level impacts has been bothering me as well...

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
Yeah, everyone pretty much feels the same. Also, it would be cool if they made it so that the adamanium absorbs virtually all forms of blunt force trauma (to some extent) which would make sense because otherwise logan's brain turns to goop everytime he gets nailed by anyone class 10 and up.

Don't forget that his HF used to be reliant on his fights with the Angel of Death! This fully explains how he is able to regenerate from a skeleton, hair and all! laughing Happy Dance No wonder they are revamping the series for the second time in 7 years. Man, volume 3 was effing TERRIBLE! No writer managed to get it right until Jason Aaron's last little stint. And even then, he didn't really get it until the "Manifest Destiny" series.

Just strap Claremont to a chair and refuse food and water until 100 issues of Wolverine: Volume 4 are completed. Seriously, screw other writers. Frank Tieri was okay but Logan seriously needs Claremont to come back and start writing stories. Then again if you strapped Claremont to a chair for that long, his work would start to suck due to lack of food...then again it would still greatly surpass anything anyone's done with the character since Tieri had control of him damn near 10 years ago.

actually that was explained in the 80's when logan told one of the heroes how he could tank meta lvl blows.. he said his adamantium skull absorbs the blows and keeps his brain from turning into jello.. i keep wanting to say it was spiderman or daredevil.. i am pissed i never save these moments for debates but i never think ahead or care enough about convincing other ppl about logan's facts since most are simply ignored anyways and ppl yell pis or argue that was a decade ago so it must no longer apply..

psycho gundam
i found a perfect one: k, remember the "he survived molten steel" thing? well, what if the steel was injected where his brain is supposed to be, and then...hardens no expression

good luck getting that operated on bud

Wild Shadow
if we use a certain posters argument they can go through the eye socket which leads directly to his brain..

Starscream M
Superman can kill wolverine by melting the adamantium with his heat vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.