You're alone in the middle of the desert

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

One Free Man
nd you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting it's soft underside bake in the hot sun. you see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it?

Scythe
Blade Runner!

Leon: "Tortoise? What's that?"

chomperx9
Originally posted by One Free Man
nd you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting it's soft underside bake in the hot sun. you see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it? no expression

One Free Man
Originally posted by Scythe
Blade Runner!

Leon: "Tortoise? What's that?" you ever seen a turtle?

Scythe
you ever seen a turtle?

Of course!

One Free Man
Same thing.

Bicnarok
You're alone in the middle of the desert

No im not! smokin'

RedAlertv2
Why aren't you helping it? I decided to go make a dumb thread about it instead

Scythe
Same thing.

I've never seen a turtle, but I understand what you mean.

Parmaniac
nd you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting it's soft underside bake in the hot sun. you see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it? So you give me/us a situation that pretty much contradicts with my own morals and ethics (I think others heres too) to not torment animals and then you wanna know why I/we don't help the poor thing? What the f**k?

Autokrat
I'm not helping it since I'm about to eat the stupid animal since I'm stuck in the middle of a desert with limited access to carbohydrates, protein or water.

Unless eating a turtle is toxic?

Deano
are you trying to find out if anyone here is a replicant?

Mindship
nd you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting it's soft underside bake in the hot sun. you see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it? By not helping it -- in effect, by watching it die -- I assume the persona of Death. In doing so, I momentarily transcend my own Death Terror and happily exist within an illusion of godlike immortality: what every ego unconsciously desires.

evil face

One Free Man
Originally posted by Scythe
I've never seen a turtle, but I understand what you mean.
You reach down and flip the turtle on it's back, leon.

Wait a minute, when I asked for a siggie you said you hadn't seen blade runner. Did you go and see it on my say so? stick out tongue

One Free Man
Qc_204tXHZY

Shakyamunison
nd you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting it's soft underside bake in the hot sun. you see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it?

Holden: You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down...
Leon: What one?
Holden: What?
Leon: What desert?
Holden: It doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical.
Leon: But, how come I'd be there?
Holden: Maybe you're fed up. Maybe you want to be by yourself. Who knows? You look down and see a tortoise, Leon. It's crawling toward you...
Leon: Tortoise? What's that?
Holden: You know what a turtle is?
Leon: Of course!
Holden: Same thing.
Leon: I've never seen a turtle... But I understand what you mean.
Holden: You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, Leon.
Leon: Do you make up these questions, Mr. Holden? Or do they write 'em down for you?
Holden: The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.
Leon: What do you mean, I'm not helping?
Holden: I mean: you're not helping! Why is that, Leon?

Holden: They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... Shall we continue?

inimalist
let me tell you about my mother...

lol, oh man, for how often the samples from that scene have been used, I should probably see the movie

Scythe
You reach down and flip the turtle on it's back, leon.

Wait a minute, when I asked for a siggie you said you hadn't seen blade runner. Did you go and see it on my say so? stick out tongue

It was on tv, yeah, haha. I was like, I remember this! Never saw it growing up, but all my friends rant and rave about it, so I finally got my ass to watch it.

Symmetric Chaos
Qc_204tXHZY

I don't get it, are they testing for empathy in retarded people?

One Free Man
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't get it, are they testing for empathy in retarded people? No, it's a test to figure out if he's a replicant. Replicants can't stand the hypothetical stress of certain scenarios.

You should watch the movie. It really is a great. An instant classic. Why riddly scott>>>>>>James Cameron.

stick out tongue

And Scythe, you have made the first steps in the path to enlightenment smokin'

Symmetric Chaos
No, it's a test to figure out if he's a replicant. Replicants can't stand the hypothetical stress of certain scenarios.

Oh, clever. I thought they were testing for human emotions.

One Free Man
Nope, they're trying to descriminate between replicants and humans. Being on earth is an automatic death sentence for replicants.

I posted it here because I thought it was an interesting psychological question. Why aren't you helping it?

Symmetric Chaos
I posted it here because I thought it was an interesting psychological question. Why aren't you helping it?

Because the narrator has declared that I am not? Like the test giver says "it's a pure hypothetical".

The question as phrased strikes me as nonsensical unless it's mean to request possible reasons that I wouldn't help it.

One Free Man
I thought it might reveal where your dark side lies, if you try and answer the question.

Why would I do that? I had a pet tortoise when i was 9, no joke, this REALLY HAPPENED, and I accidentally left it's little aquarium thing in the sun too long and it fried.

Maybe I'm traumatized.

Maybe it's because I am suffering in the desert and I am detested by the turtle sitting there perfectly fine in this heat and thirst.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Autokrat
I'm not helping it since I'm about to eat the stupid animal since I'm stuck in the middle of a desert with limited access to carbohydrates, protein or water.

Unless eating a turtle is toxic?

Best Answer eek!

Scythe
And Scythe, you have made the first steps in the path to enlightenment smokin'

Haha, I've yet finished it. I've been so busy lately, that I've borrowed it, and it went from my "to watch" pile to my "finish watching, sometime this year, ya jackass" pile.

jinXed by JaNx

This question is broken because i am helping the Turtle. Infact, the turtle and i become great friends and one day when that Turtle finds some secret OOZE and becomes a teenage mutant ninja turtle, He'll be MY teenage mutant ninja turtle, MOTHERFU**ER Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.