E3 Expo: 2010

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Anyone going to this?

can't what to see the new games and game tech that'll be showcased.

http://www.e3expo.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo

Morridini
What exactly will be the big hitters this year?

Hopefuly we'll see something of the new Zelda, and I would assume we will see more of Gears 3 and Killzone 2 etc. But what else? Hopefuly there will be some good surprises.

Smasandian
I just want Half Life: Episode 3.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Morridini
What exactly will be the big hitters this year?

Hopefuly we'll see something of the new Zelda, and I would assume we will see more of Gears 3 and Killzone 2 etc. But what else? Hopefuly there will be some good surprises.

Notable games to be displayed at E3 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo_2010

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Anyone going to this?

can't what to see the new games and game tech that'll be showcased.

http://www.e3expo.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo

I would LOVE to go...but is not open to the public.

YOU BASTARDS!

I'm curious about Project Natal and want to see more of GOW 3.

Won Fei Fon
Hopefully Xenoblade will feature.

Nemesis X
There better be a demo of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 available and they better announce something related to the game, Metal Gear Rising.

No End N Site
Marvel VS Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds (FTW) (For the moutha (F)PHuckin' Win!) will rule E3, imo!

There won't be a demo. The game will be seen in action tho. They did say, like SFIV and SSFIV, there will be many chances to play the game before launch.

-Pr-
Aliens: Colonial Marines. Please, Sega...

Scythe
Originally posted by -Pr-
Aliens: Colonial Marines. Please, Sega...

I doubt it, but that would be awesome.

Peach
Mostly interested in Zelda.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scythe
I doubt it, but that would be awesome.

don't kill my hopes. uhuh

Kazenji
Theres gonna be one revealed from Capcom probably Devil May Cry 6.......but i rather see Resident Evil 6.

Peach
Originally posted by Kazenji
Theres gonna be one revealed from Capcom probably Devil May Cry 6.......but i rather see Resident Evil 6.

What, are they going to skip DMC 5, then?

stick out tongue

Nemesis X
Maybe Bioware will announce Mass Effect 3 at the Expo. They did say they were gonna hurry up with it.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by No End N Site
There won't be a demo.

That blows. MVC3 is the only game I'm looking 4ward 2 at E3. I hope they at least show what the game looks like N action. Dante and Deadpool R going 2 have amazing move sets. The anticipation is almost 2 much 4 a bare bear 2 bear.

C what I did there?

FistOfThe North
i would love LucasArts to mention something, anything, about Battlefront 3.

to me that would be as big as the initial mvc3 official annoucement. and please let it indeed have seamless land to air to space battles.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Peach
What, are they going to skip DMC 5, then?

stick out tongue

Shit....i ment 5.

RE: Blaxican
i would love LucasArts to mention something, anything, about Battlefront 3.

to me that would be as big as the initial mvc3 official annoucement. and please let it indeed have seamless land to air to space battles.

This.

However I read somewhere awhile back that when the project changed hands to another studio, a lot of the gameplay we saw in that leaked trailer got axed, including the seamless sections.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
This.

However I read somewhere awhile back that when the project changed hands to another studio, a lot of the gameplay we saw in that leaked trailer got axed, including the seamless sections.

i read the same thing but, as you wrote, that was a while back, alot could've happened since then. it's a huge game and a huge deal. the game's mad popular and a cash cow.

(wasn't battlefront 2 the highest selling sw game ever, before the force unleashed came out?)

anyway i'd like for them (whomever has control of the series now) to at least mention the name, if they have indeed made some progress with the game, which i'm sure they have, even if it's administrative, i'll take anything.

One Free Man
GHOST OF SPARTA!!!! yep that's the game we're waiting for this year.

Peach
Battlefront 3 stuff would be awesome.

I'm also hoping that there's something on The Old Republic (as I'm vaguely interested in it) and, while it's not likely, Guild Wars 2. I don't think ArenaNet has been to E3 before, though, so I don't think they'll have anything there this year again.

One Free Man
I didn't see anything about bf3....

But I would forsee major problems with this, as previous attempts at a BF revival have done little but discredited the franchise.

Battlefront 1 was perfect in every way.

Battlefront 2 was glitchy and uncompleted, made the maps and battles feel smaller scale and less dangerous.

All the releases for psp after this were just unadultered utter shitcrapshit.

FistOfThe North
there's probably gonna be alot of 3d talk and sony's really getting into it hard. with the ps3 and bluray and all. and the new sony 3dhd falt screens.

looking foward to seeing how that turns out.

FistOfThe North
i'd like to see more on "on-live", as well, and how that's coming along.

WickedDynamite
I can't wait! Next Monday E3 returns! w00t

First_Tsurugi06
Zelda being one of my four to six favorite VG franchises, I've been waiting quite patiently, and I look very forward to seeing just what they'll reveal, although it's sure to be big.

I'm also stoked to see if Capcom's gonna show us anymore characters for MvC3 (Gene and Ammy goddammit!). I'm hoping they'll give us a peak at Deadpool's little fourth-wall breaking super.

I'm kinda curious if they're actually gonna show anything on the Batman AA sequel. Arkham was definitely my top game of '09, I've been on edge since Spike TV VG Awards.

And lastly, I hope to see a bit on the new PSP GoW, and that Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Think I'm asking too much?

AsbestosFlaygon
To bad it's a closed event.

Looking forward to SNK Playmore's The King of Fighters XIII and Capcom's Marvel VS Capcom 3.

Also like to see more of EA's Crysis 2.

FistOfThe North
Valve Corporation will be unveiling a "surprise" at E3 2010, they were originally set to hold an event regarding Portal 2 on June 14, 2010. The Portal 2 event was cancelled on June 1, 2010 with the "surprise" as its replacement.

- wiki

Let's hope it's Half Life 3.

Bro SMASH
The next Mortal Kombat game will be revealed at E3. Now I reallly can't wait!

No End N Site
MVC3 IS playable at E3. Thank God! I'm goin...

Nemesis X
I hope Valve announces Left 4 Dead 3 and if they do, the survivors better be the Midnight Riders. I feel like everytime I see the four of them on a poster in the stage level of Dark Carnival, I feel like I'm looking at a massive hint on what's gonna come in the future.

BackFire
Valve Corporation will be unveiling a "surprise" at E3 2010, they were originally set to hold an event regarding Portal 2 on June 14, 2010. The Portal 2 event was cancelled on June 1, 2010 with the "surprise" as its replacement.

- wiki

Let's hope it's Half Life 3.

Half Life 3 or bust. If it's another Left 4 Dead I will be supremely disappointed.

Counter strike 2 would be cool, too.

I'm also hoping to hear something about the new Zelda game, wanna see more of Crysis 2, maybe Final Fantasy Versus 13, Fable 3, and perhaps the rumored new Elder Scrolls game. And of course Gears of War 3.

No End N Site
Half Life 3 would be a dream. I luv 3s.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by BackFire
Half Life 3 or bust. If it's another Left 4 Dead I will be supremely disappointed.

Counter strike 2 would be cool, too.

I'm also hoping to hear something about the new Zelda game, wanna see more of Crysis 2, maybe Final Fantasy Versus 13, Fable 3, and perhaps the rumored new Elder Scrolls game. And of course Gears of War 3.

at least Half Life ep.3. and i wouldn't mind a l4d3 if it's not going to be hl related surprise. and they need to fix steam.

i wanna see some crysis 2 for pc and maybe some benchmarks on that.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
The next Mortal Kombat game will be revealed at E3. Now I reallly can't wait!

I have a feeling it may be MK vs DC II. As long as Black Adam and Hawkman are included....I'm game!

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I have a feeling it may be MK vs DC II. As long as Black Adam and Hawkman are included....I'm game!

There aren't any DC characters in the next MK game.

AsbestosFlaygon
I've had enough of that crap.

Dark Kahn = ghey.

FistOfThe North
The game's called Mortal Kombat 9 and it's coming out this xmas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_9

Smasandian
at least Half Life ep.3. and i wouldn't mind a l4d3 if it's not going to be hl related surprise. and they need to fix steam.

i wanna see some crysis 2 for pc and maybe some benchmarks on that.

What's wrong with Steam?

I would be happy with Episode 3, or a new IP.

But the more I think about it, the more I think its Counter Strike 2.

FistOfThe North

Smasandian

Admiral Akbar
The new MMOrpg Tera will be showcased at E3. Well it's not really new, it's still in the testing phase, but it looks really promising!!

Nemesis X
I'm looking forward to the new Silent Hill game that will be announced at E3. It's rumored to be a remake of Silent Hill 2 due to the fact that the character shown in a trailer that was released awhile back looked a lot like the paranoid wife killer, James Sunderland.

If the new Silent Hill game is indeed a remake of my favorite SH game, I can't wait to see Pyramid Head back in action. I can only hope this game won't be like Shattered Memories. I want to fight my enemies, not run away from them like a sissy.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Smasandian
I get crazy dl speeds. I usually get 1.0 Mbps at least sometimes more. I actually downloaded 17 GB's in a day. Everybody else is usually the same. If the speed is slow, its your connection, not Steam.

Totally wrong on the online. Go in offline mode, and play your games there.

What O/S does Steam not support? Win 98? If it's lower than that, well, what's the point. Hell, Steam even supports Mac's now.

The only problem is if Steam goes down. It happens but not for a very long time. Anything is just extremely trivial.

never knew of an offline steam mode. but it's just my experience i've had with them. I think that they're not very user friendly. games for windows live is way better. I love gfwl.

Smasandian
Fair enough.

But I still think Steam is the best dl service out there. I just bought Oblivion for 8 bucks.

Ridley_Prime
I'll just leave this here. smile

http://kotaku.com/5562475/rumor-metroid-prime-team-on-like-donkey-kong

WickedDynamite
Well so far Microsoft has the thunder. I'm just waiting to see what Nintendo will anounce.

Sony? Nah! we all know what kind of jackasses they make themselves in the past.

IH2w2l1JTs4

WickedDynamite
OMG! ESPN and Xbox 360? Kiss your ass goodbye Sony. You're done! Microsoft good partnership! This was unexpected and very cool for me! Well done!

S_D_J
OMG! ESPN and Xbox 360? Kiss your ass goodbye Sony. You're done! Microsoft good partnership! This was unexpected and very cool for me! Well done!

you're kidding right?

for what I've read it's been boring, boring... only good thing Metal Gear Rising and Kinectimals erm

M$ is going the way of Nintendo with stupid party games

... though I'm a bit interested in Dance Central

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by S_D_J

M$ is going the way of Nintendo with stupid party games

Yeah, and Sony is going to come out with something very original. roll eyes (sarcastic)

S_D_J
hahahha laughing

remains to be seen, What I meant is that most of those "games" look like shovelware done by 3rd parties (and Nintendo's Wii Play) than real games... just take a look at the videos

Can't say anything about Move

so far M$ conference has been boring and not much to get excited about... Natal had its thunder last year... not so much this year

WickedDynamite
I'm sure Sony will do fine. There were rumors of new games coming out before E3.

Speaking of the event....E3 really REALLY needs to go public. Too many rumors floating around and if it wasn't for Twitter busting there would be chaos. After all...we're consumers...that should make us part of the industry.

Smasandian
The public wouldn't be invited to the press conference anyways.

It's a trade conference and only meant for industry professionals.

That ACDC Chick
you could always watch on youtube, thats what im doing srug

FistOfThe North
g4'll be running e3 live for like 3 or 4 hours at a time each day starting tommorow.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Smasandian
The public wouldn't be invited to the press conference anyways.

It's a trade conference and only meant for industry professionals.

They should include Professional gamers! wink

S_D_J
Nintendo is blowing M$ out of the water with their show

besides the craptastic introduction of the new zelda (i'm not interested, and the game made a fool out of them) the 3DS unveiling it's by far the biggest news on E3 right now

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/image/201006/php4vtLgAnint_3d.jpg

it's got an analog rub!!!! eek! where are those that said the PSP rub is a bad idea... it's brilliant and now the 3DS has one (about the only thing I missed when playing with a DS)

and there's even going to be a Metal Gear game for it!

and Retro working on a new Donkey Kong Country!!!!

Ew. The analog rub is the reason why I chose a DS over a PSP in the first place. ****ing thing sucks!

Peach
The analog thingie on the PSP sucks blink

Also, so not interested in the 3DS. Can't stand this obsession with 3D lately.

I don't know what the hell is up with it either.

It's not as if we like, live in a non 2-D world. no expression

S_D_J
I don't care about 3D, but the bigger screen and the analog rub sold it to me

I hate playing 3d games with the D-pad, it hurts my thumbs

and everyone I know loves the rub stick out tongue... games magazines and sites included smile

about the 3D, you can turn it off, and you don't need glasses so I'm game!

WickedDynamite
Nintendo came out great with the 3D DS.

Here is the list of games in development:

Activision

DJ Hero 3D

AQ Interactive

Cubic ninja

Atlus

Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Capcom

Resident Evil Revelations
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (name not final)

EA

EA FIFA Soccer
Madden NFL
The Sims 3

Gameloft

Asphalt DS

Harmonix

Music Game

Hudson Soft

Bomberman franchise
Deca Sports franchise
Kororinpa franchise

Konami

Baseball franchise
Contra franchise
Frogger franchise
Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample"
Pro Evolution Soccer franchise / Winning Eleven franchise

Level-5

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)

Majesco Entertainment

BloodRayne: The Shroud
A Boy and His Blob
Face Racers: Photo Finish
Lion's Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
Martha Stewart
WonderWorld Amusement Park

Marvelous

Bokujyoumonogatari (Harvest Moon) 3D (name not final)

Namco

Dragon Ball franchise (name not final)
Gundam franchise (name not final)
PAC-MANTM & GALAGATM (name not final)
Ridge Racer (name not final)
Super Robot franchise (name not final)

Nintendo

Animal Crossing Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart
nintendogs + cats
Paper Mario
PilotWings Resort
Star Fox 64 3D
Steel Diver

Rocket

Crash-City GP
VS-robo

Sega

Sonic (name not final)
Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

Square Enix

CODENAME: Chocobo Racing
3D Dragon Quest franchise
Final Fantasy franchise
Kingdom Hearts franchise

Take-Two Interactive

Carnival Games franchise

Tecmo Koei

Dead or Alive 3D (name not final)
Dynasty Warriors (name not final)
Ninja Gaiden (name not final)
Samurai Warriors 3D (name not final)

TOMY

Lovely Lisa 3D
Naruto Shippuden Action

THQ

de Blob 2
Kung Fu Panda
Kaboom of Doom
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Infinity Gauntlet
The Penguins of Madagascar
Puss N Boots
Saints Row: Drive-By

Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike
Driver Renegade Hollywood 61 (name not final)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Warner Bros

Batman franchise
LEGO franchise

It's official E3 2010 goes to Nintendo. Great rebound from last year.

FistOfThe North
e3 day1 was good. i mainly wanted to know more about sony's 3d campaign and am now even more optimistic than before. i started dozing off when they started talking about the ps move and psp due to uninterest there. i did catch it lagging alot one time. the biggest surprise of the night for me was "twisted metal". the star wars game didn't do anything for me. i saw nothing new in it. looks like sw: galaxies, i game i severely disliked .

can't wait to see ms's presentation, i need to know if they're going into 3d or not, because if not, i may do the unthinkable: switch over to ps3.

and the N-3dsi has glassesless 3d? how's that work? holography?

all the other games gave me a regular feeling except for killzone 3. i got excited for that game. their machine guns looked so realistic it wasn't funny. and it's a blu ray 3d game.

and i needed ritalin after watching mvc3 gameplay. i almost had an epileptic sezure with all the flashy colors and disco lights, lol.. wth? it looks like someone was playing tvc and pressed fast forward.

and olivia "dunce" munn was acting just unbearably dumb throughout the whole thing. she was just a mess and all over the place. you can't get more cornier than her. but what can you expect from an unfunny dcik tease.

S_D_J
Nintendo comes back as the winner of this year E3

Sony didn't do much, but at least they focused on games, and there were plenty, either with 3D or Move support, but games nonetheless

Microsoft totally botched their show by focusing on Kinect... which for the most part has been un-entertaining

Personally I don't consider "shoving as much uninteresting and repetitive crap in my face as possible"a good thing, so I'd disagree with you about Nintedo winning it.

E3 in general seemed rather lame to me. I only cared about the more independent studio's games that were coming out.

Zack Fair
What a shitty E3

S_D_J
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Personally I don't consider "shoving as much uninteresting and repetitive crap in my face as possible"a good thing, so I'd disagree with you about Nintedo winning it.

E3 in general seemed rather lame to me. I only cared about the more independent studio's games that were coming out.

there were only a few surprises, that's true, but overall what was shown was good.

the 3DS wasn't a surprise, and yet it's got every other gaming outlet talking... and the third party support makes it interesting

you may not agree about Nintendo, but it's regarded as the best show... aside the Zelda problems that were hilarious

Sony show was good, lots of trailers though, and Portal 2 and Twisted Metal were big surprises

M$ sucked, not even the new 360 (which was leaked a day before) could generate as much buzz as the 3DS (announced many moths ago)

Ridley_Prime
I don't admire Nintendo the way I did back in the day and even I can admit they won this year's E3 no contest.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Peach
The analog thingie on the PSP sucks blink

Also, so not interested in the 3DS. Can't stand this obsession with 3D lately. i know right! it seems like every single movie this year...and now games apparently, are in 3D. it's retarded

FistOfThe North
e3 day 2 was eh. the best part was that game bulletstorm. that's one smooth game. id software's behind that fps. i'll be keeping my eye on that game.

today e3, day 3, (the last day) should be good though. everyone's saved the best for last.

Juk3n
highlights so far everyone?

One of mine is definetley Kid Icarus for the 3DS, reminded me of Nights into dreams with some great action.

FistOfThe North
My bad. I meant the game "Rage" not "Bulletstorm"; the better game, imo.

BackFire
Another E3 without Killer Instinct 3 getting announced. Bummer.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Zack Fair
What a shitty E3

Not if you're a Nintendo fan.

Ridley_Prime
And Doom 4 for that matter.

S_D_J

blame kinect for that 131

BackFire
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And Doom 4 for that matter.

Doom 4 has already been announced at least.

WickedDynamite

I know how much it means to you.

*hugs*

Well, at least there is Gears of War 3.

Kazenji

Except did'nt need E3 news for that it was annouched at least a month ago.

BackFire
I know how much it means to you.

*hugs*

Gears 3 does look pretty epic.

AsbestosFlaygon
I'm really looking forward to the 3DS.

If it can do half as much as a PSP-2000, then it's probably worth buying.

Still waiting to see if 3rd-party developers will support emulators for the handheld.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.