Recca Hanabishi vs Sasuke Uchiha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
who wins?

Kento
Well they can pretty much block each others attacks with Madoka, and Susanoo. But Susanoo can't block Setsuna from frying Sasuke inside out. Setsuna can also 'see' through genjutsu because he's blind.

Q99
Amaterasu can burn even fire, though, so it could probably be used to 'kill' the dragons.

Setsuna is Recca's best trump- if he sees Recca closing his eyes, he might get the catch, but forcing Sasuke to close his eyes is a very good thing. There'd still be a danger of Recca being genjutsu'd if Setsuna's not pulled out.

Kento
Eh, everything Sasuke has, Recca has at the same level. And Recca isn't above using tricks and things either. Course I guess if this is end of series Recca, he has no dragons lol.

Also Recca's got some experience in illusions. And if he gets Yanagi for some healing power then Sasuke's got no real chance.

Q99
Originally posted by Kento
Eh, everything Sasuke has, Recca has at the same level.

I wouldn't say so. Remember, Sasuke has his whole lightning arsenal, summons, plus tsukiyomi tops Recca's illusion dragon significantly. The Amaterasu being able to burn fire is also a significant edge, that's a major trump for fire-on-fire battles.

There's a few powers Recca has that Sasuke doesn't too. Setsuna's internal flash-fry is quite nice like you mentioned.

I wouldn't say at the same level though. Recca illusions tend to make you see stuff, high-level Naruto illusions can make you feel stuff like being stabbing, having your eyes ripped out, or so on, and can also freeze you in place whether you like it or not.

If we added in Yanagi, wouldn't we have to add Karin too? Funny how they both have heal-friends.

I think it'd be more Recca vs Sasuke if they didn't have any friends, though.

dw6xl
Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't say so. Remember, Sasuke has his whole lightning arsenal, summons, plus tsukiyomi tops Recca's illusion dragon significantly. The Amaterasu being able to burn fire is also a significant edge, that's a major trump for fire-on-fire battles.

There's a few powers Recca has that Sasuke doesn't too. Setsuna's internal flash-fry is quite nice like you mentioned.

I wouldn't say at the same level though. Recca illusions tend to make you see stuff, high-level Naruto illusions can make you feel stuff like being stabbing, having your eyes ripped out, or so on, and can also freeze you in place whether you like it or not.

If we added in Yanagi, wouldn't we have to add Karin too? Funny how they both have heal-friends.

I think it'd be more Recca vs Sasuke if they didn't have any friends, though.

^^^^this

Kento
Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't say so. Remember, Sasuke has his whole lightning arsenal, summons, plus tsukiyomi tops Recca's illusion dragon significantly. The Amaterasu being able to burn fire is also a significant edge, that's a major trump for fire-on-fire battles. Chidori/Saiha. Sasuke doesn't have Tsukiyomi, he has a genjutsu that lasts for a few seonds on top of normal genjutsu/Reccas has Rui that lasts as long as he wants, and Setsuna can see through normal genjtusu easily as he sees heat. Amaterasu/Koku's beam that disintegrates anything. His Katon jutsu/Nadre. Susanoo/Madoka and unless it's full version Susanoo then Madoka is stronger. The to his chidori variants there is Homura, and the fact Recca can combine any of his dragaons except Setsuna.

Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't say at the same level though. Recca illusions tend to make you see stuff, high-level Naruto illusions can make you feel stuff like being stabbing, having your eyes ripped out, or so on, and can also freeze you in place whether you like it or not. Well Rui can turn into whatever Recca wishes, and Sharingan is going to be useless when it's trapped in a fog of illusions. It's pretty much on par with Tsukiyomi as hte Dragon is real, and can do whatever Recca thinks but it's less genjutsu illusion more trickery type stuff, and Tsukiyomi feels real.

Originally posted by Q99
I meant when he took Yanagi's soul at the end of the series to be his flame of Healing.

The only problem is, Recca won't be willing to kill while Sasuke is willing these days.

Endless Mike
Recca rapes, as he has confirmed better speed feats (dodging actual sound waves and that was lots of powerups before the end) and his 5th dragon is too broken, especially considering that Sasuke relies on eye techniques

Q99
Note, Genjutsu doesn't work by projecting images like Rui, it works by directly controlling the senses, so it can do a lot of stuff that Rui's shapeless flame can't like inflict pain or make someone think they're moving when they're not. The sharingan should be able to detect the real Recca too, since Rui merely looks real, but is purely on the visual level.

Sasuke does have Tsukiyomi, his is just a weaker version than Itachi's. Remember when he made Killerbee collapse? KB got back up because he had a genjutsu breaker, but Recca probably won't so quickly if at all, that'll be a fatal opening with Recca.

Koku's beam is more comparable to Kirin- an unstoppable bit of firepower. Ameterasu is different and IMO better. It is a black flame that spreads and can't be put out. If Recca gets it on him at any point, it's over (unlike Koku/Kirin, where one could be winged but stay in the fight), and it should be able to eliminate dragons entirely, including madoka.

Plus he can shape it and do stuff like cover Susano'o in it to destroy the flames of dragons attacking him.

Kento
Originally posted by Endless Mike
(dodging actual sound waves and that was lots of powerups before the end) Temari was able to attack faster than sound, and she's much slower than Sasuke. And it's not like what Neon did was much different than what Zaku did.... Originally posted by Q99
Koku's beam is more comparable to Kirin- an unstoppable bit of firepower.. The thing is Amaterasu is a flame that can burn through anything, and Koku's beam is fire that disintegrates anything. Both are fires that burn hotter than normal. That's why I likened them. Koku fills both Kirin and Amaterasu basically though..

Endless Mike
Zaku used compressed air. Very different.

Q99
The thing is Amaterasu is a flame that can burn through anything, and Koku's beam is fire that disintegrates anything. Both are fires that burn hotter than normal. That's why I likened them. Koku fills both Kirin and Amaterasu basically though..

The big difference is Amaterasu both spreads and can't be put out, and it can destroy stuff that can't normally be destroyed by flames, it's more than just hot. Koku is only a threat in it's direct line and isn't persistent, nor does it have the mystic 'burn away even flames' thing.

Amaterasu should *eliminate Recca's flames*.

Tactically, Koku and Kirin are similar, but Koku can't copy amaterasu's most dangerous effects so those two are pretty different in practice. Koku has more raw destructive force, but amaterasu's the bigger threat.

Kento
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Zaku used compressed air. Very different. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v06/c053/6.html

He says he can control super sonic sound waves and air pressure.

Even still, Tayuya and her have a lot of similarities if you don't want to go with the Zaku thing. The same way Tokiya easily dodges her attack and explains how, Shikamaru easily dodges Tayuya's summons and explains how. Then sound based genjutsu that Temari blows away before the sound can reach her.

Originally posted by Q99
Amaterasu should *eliminate Recca's flames*.
. Sasuke's hasn't really done much to assume that though. If it was Itachi sure, he's burned through everything it's been used against. Sasuke's hasn't. Hachibi, Samurai, Gaara's Sand. Then there are the things it hit like Karin, and Raikage that it wasn't focused on.

Q99

Sasuke's hasn't really done much to assume that though. If it was Itachi sure, he's burned through everything it's been used against. Sasuke's hasn't. Hachibi, Samurai, Gaara's Sand. Then there are the things it hit like Karin, and Raikage that it wasn't focused on.

Everything it's hit, it's burned. The nature of the flame is the same and no opposing move has extinguished it period, only his own control.

His is arguably better for Itachi's for that matter- he can shape it too.

Kento
Originally posted by Q99
Everything it's hit, it's burned. The nature of the flame is the same and no opposing move has extinguished it period, only his own control.

His is arguably better for Itachi's for that matter- he can shape it too. Being able to manipulate it doesn't make it stronger. Itachi can turn it off also he just can't make it wrap around Susanoo and stuff. Sasuke's has failed to do anything but burn like a normal flame. Itachi's has burned through toad stomach, fire, and pretty much instantly turned almost all of something to ash before turning it off. Sasuke's has...burned people.

Q99
Being able to manipulate it doesn't make it stronger. Itachi can turn it off also he just can't make it wrap around Susanoo and stuff. Sasuke's has failed to do anything but burn like a normal flame. Itachi's has burned through toad stomach, fire, and pretty much instantly turned almost all of something to ash before turning it off. Sasuke's has...burned people.

It worked on 8-tails, where a normal Katon would be nigh-useless against a target that tough.

And burning more than normal stuff is all amaterasu does, the only thing that separates it from normal flame, and why the flame is black. If it didn't do that, it wouldn't be amaterasu.

King Kandy
Being able to manipulate it doesn't make it stronger. Itachi can turn it off also he just can't make it wrap around Susanoo and stuff. Sasuke's has failed to do anything but burn like a normal flame. Itachi's has burned through toad stomach, fire, and pretty much instantly turned almost all of something to ash before turning it off. Sasuke's has...burned people.
Itachi's burned sasuke's bunshin for quite a while without really burning it up.

Kento
Not really.

draxx_tOfU
can't Recca just unsummon a dragon that gets hit by amaterasu?...

not sure, just throwing stuff out there...

if indeed amaterasu does work on a flame dragon, though I doubt it, as I think the dragons can cancel out other types of flames like kurenai, Recca will still ultimately come out on top albeit with a few sacrificial dragons...

again I'm not sure just throwing stuff out there...

Kento
Well only one dragon really comes out that can be hit with Amaterasu, and that's Setsuna. Which is the one the can easily win this match also if it's allowed to open it's eye. And as Kurei said about Kurenai, they are just flames they can't be destroyed. Recca can resummon any of them if they are destroyed.

draxx_tOfU
cool...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.