X-23 vs Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Scenario One: Deathstroke is unarmed.

Scenario Two: Deathstroke with standard gear including his staff

Scenario Three: Deathstroke has the Muramasa Blade

vansonbee
Deathstroke superior in all 3

SamZED
1) Hard fight but DS wins.
2) DS wins.
3) DS stomps.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by SamZED
1) Hard fight but DS wins.
2) DS wins.
3) DS stomps.

BruceSkywalker
Logan's clone of a daughter loses all three

Wild Shadow
1. she wins.
2. she loses
3. he gets the comfortable majority if she doesnt know about.. slight win possibly even, if she does

srankmissingnin

confused

Deathstroke loses all but number 3...

Prep-Man
DS.

JakeTheBank
Deathstoke wins the second two, and has a difficult time winning the first.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Deathstoke wins the second two, and has a difficult time winning the first.

How does he win the second scenario? He doesn't have the speed, skill or healing factor to tangle with Laura and not get put on ice. She's going to tear him up. His bo-staff and some grenades doesn't even begin to level the playing field. She healing factor is far to much for Slade to deal with, and his healing factor can't handle the damage she is going to dish out.

1. She makes carpaccio out of him.
2. He has decent chances.
3. He wins.

Q99
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
1. she wins.
2. she loses
3. he gets the comfortable majority if she doesnt know about.. slight win possibly even, if she does

I'll go with that.

Bentley
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
How does he win the second scenario? He doesn't have the speed, skill or healing factor to tangle with Laura and not get put on ice. She's going to tear him up. His bo-staff and some grenades doesn't even begin to level the playing field. She healing factor is far to much for Slade to deal with, and his healing factor can't handle the damage she is going to dish out.

He's faster.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Bentley
He's faster.

Yeah....... no he isn't.

Bentley
Yeah....... no he isn't.

Is she even as fast as boneclaw Logan?

srankmissingnin

What do you mean by even as fast as boneclaw Logan? Boneclaw Wolverine is faster than DS. Adamantium Wolverine is faster than DS.

Bentley
What do you mean by even as fast as boneclaw Logan? Boneclaw Wolverine is faster than DS. Adamantium Wolverine is faster than DS.

Mind answering the question?

Q99
If she is hit by staff blasts, I think they'll cause serious injury, they've hurt some pretty tough supers. Being hit by one would drastically affect her capability until she's healed.

I don't see why she wouldn't be.

srankmissingnin
Mind answering the question?

No. Wolverine says he is faster than Laura, so by extension Bone-claw Wolverine would be even more so.

Wild Shadow
sigh she has legitimate superhuman speed above wolverine in her bio in the marvel x-men bio. i'll try to find the right bio and post the scan.

not that we go strictly by bio's but helps to see what marvel places her along side the other fellow wpn x'ers..

either way she possess superhuman speed an reaction her having trouble with logan is a combined problem of skill, durability and experience/anticipation and speed burst along with his hyper reflexes.. its how logan makes up the negligible difference with her

Q99
No. Wolverine says he is faster than Laura, so by extension Bone-claw Wolverine would be even more so.

He said that in a seriously OOC story (for both of them) which the writer wrote before the details of her character were out. I wouldn't take it seriously at all.

Wild Shadow
sigh she has legitimate superhuman speed above wolverine in her bio in the marvel x-men bio. i'll try to find the right bio and post the scan.

not that we go strictly by bio's but helps to see what marvel places her along side the other fellow wpn x'ers..

either way she possess superhuman speed an reaction her having trouble with logan is a combined problem of skill, durability and experience/anticipation and speed burst along with his hyper reflexes.. its how logan makes up the negligible difference with her

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
He said that in a seriously OOC story (for both of them) which the writer wrote before the details of her character were out. I wouldn't take it seriously at all.

Pish-posh - It wasn't OOC at all. Laura was a pissed of wierdo and Logan was Logan. That's par for the course. I guess she wasn't all emo cutting her self though... is that what you take offense to?

Q99
Pish-posh - It wasn't OOC at all. Laura was a pissed of wierdo and Logan was Logan. That's par for the course. I guess she wasn't all emo cutting her self though... is that what you take offense to?

I don't think she developed the emotion of pissed-off until most of the way through her NXM run, so that's your problem right there smile She's an emotionless weapon on a mission who speaks in clinical/technical terms.

Doesn't talk like Laura, act like Laura, or fight like Laura. It's really obvious it wasn't her character.

namorsubby

ahhh......I think I see the problem here

You're flat out under-selling slade here.......I just don't know how else to put it erm

Wild Shadow
slade has always bn a loser to me at 1st he seem cool but it quickly faded as soon as he came out..

skill wise i put him only as a lvl 4 and his stats make up for the rest making him appear better then he really is and compete with peak humans.. without it out he cant hold his own against another meta lvl being whose skills are superior to his,,, its like he is a moderate size fish in a guppy pond.. throwing him into a bigger pond with bigger fish or smaller size pirahnas who can kick his @$$

Konton
X
X
Slade

Bentley
Deathstroke can at least cause some trouble to Wolverine -with his equipment-. I think he can win against Laura.

Omega Vision
His staff can fire a destructive beam that once vaporized a Helicopter.

How does he not have the speed? He's reacted to and thwarted a Flash speedblitz FFS, surely you don't think X-23 is faster than the Flash.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
His staff can fire a destructive beam that once vaporized a Helicopter.

How does he not have the speed? He's reacted to and thwarted a Flash speedblitz FFS, surely you don't think X-23 is faster than the Flash.

PIS, that's why. Even though he's punked out Flashes multiple times enough to become legit.

Omega Vision
PIS, that's why. Even though he's punked out Flashes multiple times enough to become legit. \
He's not even close to Flash level speed, Jake, but his senses and insane reflexes allow him to react to things much faster than he himself.

As an analogy consider a man catching an arrow. The man doesn't have to be as fast as the arrow to react and move in time to intercept it, he just has to be fast enough. Which Slade is in relation to Flash.

Now Slade could never tag a fullspeed Flash but Flash doesn't always have to be going full speed.

JakeTheBank
\
He's not even close to Flash level speed, Jake, but his senses and insane reflexes allow him to react to things much faster than he himself.

As an analogy consider a man catching an arrow. The man doesn't have to be as fast as the arrow to react and move in time to intercept it, he just has to be fast enough. Which Slade is in relation to Flash.

Now Slade could never tag a fullspeed Flash but Flash doesn't always have to be going full speed.

My comment was more sarcasm than anything. I just notice that a lot of DS's detractors tend to ignore him tagging Flashes or taking on entire teams at once at best or dub it PIS/jobbing at worse.

But, yes, I agree with you. smile

Wild Shadow
usually flash is moving below mach one speed when he is jogging after guys like slade and having conversation with cops and ambulance ppl to get help and the wham a shot or a trip by slade.. not much of a feat to me..

ppl try to pass it off more then it is

Omega Vision
My comment was more sarcasm than anything. I just notice that a lot of DS's detractors tend to ignore him tagging Flashes or taking on entire teams at once at best or dub it PIS/jobbing at worse.

But, yes, I agree with you. smile
Oh okay. I was worried for a moment we were going to have to throw down. sneer

Omega Vision
usually flash is moving below mach one speed when he is jogging after guys like slade and having conversation with cops and ambulance ppl to get help and the wham a shot or a trip by slade.. not much of a feat to me..

That's not the only time. He's also stabbed Flash during a fight and physically caught and beat down Kid Flash when Kid Flash was blitzing him.

JakeTheBank
Oh okay. I was worried for a moment we were going to have to throw down. sneer

No prob. I have the entire run of Deathstroke's comic series...I probably could at least start a decent revamped respect thread if I had time.

Omega Vision
No prob. I have the entire run of Deathstroke's comic series...I probably could at least start a decent revamped respect thread if I had time.
Make time. uhuh

Or send me the scans so I can make one.

Bentley

You're seriously lowballing DS there.

Omega Vision
You're seriously lowballing DS there.
What can you expect from a guy with Deadpool in his sig?

Yeah well, it is PIS and jobbing. No matter how many times it happens, it is always dependent on a blunder by the flash. The point is the feat is meaningless as it doesn't prove anything about DS's speed being higher than anybody else's because the flash must be moving slowly for it to happen and deathstroke himself gets tagged by and misses far slower opponents all the time. So does the flash by the way

Wild Shadow
tagging impulse when he stopped for a second looking for ppl in a fire slade shot him while he was distracted..

fighting with impulse slade was getting hammered but impulse wasnt moving at mach speed just fast enough to hammer him without killing him.. he was also talking so must be below mach 1 then slade regain the advantage with a surprise attack using the knife as a distraction impulse twisted out of the way but was still kicked from an incoming attack..

also not enough of a speed feat to give him an advantage when X23 can tank those attacks and would be stun for follow up attacks

namorsubby
Make time. uhuh

Or send me the scans so I can make one. I just started collecting scans. I gonna try and make it again........so don't get any ideas, bub stick out tongue

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Yeah well, it is PIS and jobbing. No matter how many times it happens, it is always dependent on a blunder byt he flash. The point is the feat is meaningless as it doesn't prove anything about DS's speed being higher than anybody because the flash must be moving slowly for it to happen and deathstroke himself gets tagged by and misses far slower opponents all the time.
He's also outreacted Superman and thwarted a speedblitz by Beast Boy while Beast Boy was morphed into a Cheetah.

So its not just Flash jobbing, its just that Deathstroke really does have superspeed.

Not that hard to figure out. erm

Wild Shadow
i remember a scan where slade told flash or speed boy he is as fast as his thoughts.. ect ect somewhere along those lines.. you know how many MA'ers say that or have that as a feat?

Bentley
You say that Laura will tank an attack that vaporized an helicopter without slowing down?

And you say that something uncanny for DS doesn't work no matter how many times is done while you accept Wolverine resists several class 100 punches without slowing down.

You talk a cryptic language my friend.

He's also outreacted Superman and thwarted a speedblitz by Beast Boy while Beast Boy was morphed into a Cheetah.

So its not just Flash jobbing, its just that Deathstroke really does have superspeed.

Not that hard to figure out. erm

I can buy the cheetah thing, but outreacted superman? Really? That's reasonable in your view?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
I can buy the cheetah thing, but outreacted superman? Really? That's reasonable in your view?
Its certainly not something that should happen often but its not completely impossible given all the other feats he has. DS's greatest power is his brain/sensory prowess. That's why he can tag Flash even though Flash is a million times faster physically.

Wild Shadow
i didnt say that at all.. if you were actually paying attention and the reference of what i was talking about you realize i was referring to a knife and kick punch attacks not a staff attack..

and by the way his staff has also failed to incinerate guys like flash and guys like beast boy b4 the modern one time display of blowing up a chopper which by the way an high narrow energy blast would have the same effect if it hit the gas tank..

now if beast boy and flash can take hits from the staff sure as hell can x23 so long as it isnt the new standard.. also i appreciate it if you didnt try to straw man my arguments and try to argue something i never said..

another person who has taken the staff blast was kory in the 80's when she was only as strong as 10 or 50 men when she had a lower durability lvl then she has now iirc...

but to be fair the 80's DCU was all over the place when it came to powers and consistencies

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
I don't think she developed the emotion of pissed-off until most of the way through her NXM run, so that's your problem right there smile She's an emotionless weapon on a mission who speaks in clinical/technical terms.

Doesn't talk like Laura, act like Laura, or fight like Laura. It's really obvious it wasn't her character.

lol

You mean one of the many emotion she's displayed all through out Uncanny, both her mini series, NYX and MTU, all of which predated NXM? eek!

Because she doesn't understand how to be human doesn't mean she isn't. Proportionally she is more emotion, and has cried and gone of the handle more than most characters. Even her trigger sent works on bases of memory recall. It drives her into a rage because she remembers getting tortured and water boarded in a vat of it, not magic.

Bentley
In my opinion the deal breaker on this battle is DS having a ranged option, his reflexes are good enough to make it effective. I wouldn't have good odds for him on h2h.

srankmissingnin
Deathstroke hits the Flash because the Flash is an idiot, not because Slade is fast enough to do it. He predicts where Flash will end up and buts his attack there... and the Flash basically runs into it.

Omega Vision
Deathstroke hits the Flash because the Flash is an idiot, not because Slade is fast enough to do it. He predicts where Flash will end up and buts his attack there... and the Flash basically runs into it.
So how does this translate to him not being able to keep up with X-23? If you admit he can anticipate Flash's movements then he could damn well do the same for the much slower X-23.

Wild Shadow
b/c he has studied flash and has his experience to draw from he doesnt know how X23 is going to react so its not the same..

that is why some characters do better with other characters due to familiarity

Omega Vision
b/c he has studied flash and has his experience to draw from he doesnt know how X23 is going to react so its not the same..
Bullshit. His senses and reflexes are what allow him to react to the Flash, not studying his moves. I could spend a lifetime studying the Flash and never be able to tag him.

Its not like X-23 is some Quicksilver level speedster anyway.

srankmissingnin
So how does this translate to him not being able to keep up with X-23? If you admit he can anticipate Flash's movements then he could damn well do the same for the much slower X-23.

He predicts Flash because Flash is apparently an idiot, it isn't something he can't do against street level MAs. Bronze Tiger has kicked his ass. Batman has stalemated him. Nightwing has kicked his ass... three times. Azreal stalemated him. Eddie Fryers beat him. Deadshot stalemate him, twice. Batgirl has but the boots to him. Three of Jokers henchmen have even kicked his ass before.

namorsubby

that is why some characters do better with other characters due to familiarity He counter-acted kid flash with his staff in their very fight meeting

Wild Shadow
also batman has grabbed impulse hair was he was blitzing all over the place...

dick grayson also lasso'ed flash while he was also blitzing all over the place...

what does that tell you about them? how do you explain what they do especially when individually they all give slade fits and he actually misses a lot with them in h2h combat

namorsubby
He predicts Flash because Flash is apparently an idiot, it isn't something he can't do against street level MAs. Bronze Tiger has kicked his ass. Batman has stalemated him. Nightwing has kicked his ass... three times. Azreal stalemated him. Eddie Fryers beat him. Deadshot stalemate him, twice. Batgirl has but the boots to him. Three of Jokers henchmen have even kicked his ass before.

he has fought half those people you named while they were in groups with others. NW didn't beat him 3 times, BT didn't kick his ass.....and I'm sure there's much, much more wrong with that particular statement

low end feats......everybody has them. You're lowballing Slade man, plain and simple

JakeTheBank
Where are the scans - and perhaps more importantly, the context - behind Slade apparently getting his ass kicked by all of these people? I know for a fact that Batman didn't stalemate Slade cleanly in their first encounter as much as he got beat down by a disinterested Slade. And the instance where Bats kept attacking a Slade trying to assassinate someone else isn't exactly what I'd call a "stalemate" in terms of a one on one contest.

namorsubby
also batman has grabbed impulse hair was he was blitzing all over the place...

dick grayson also lasso'ed flash while he was also blitzing all over the place...

what does that tell you about them? how do you explain what they do especially when individually they all give slade fits and he actually misses a lot with them in h2h combat not so

a couple of poor showings against MAs almost always harbors these results.

Slade can beat Batman, nightwing, cassie, and other high end MAs in an h2h confrontation, and they know it

Wild Shadow
that is not low balling slade that is his standard ability within his powerset. taking on groups of meta is more jobbing then not, not his actual ability to fight them.. otherwise if flash was moving at ftl speed he never would have set off the booby trap and slade would never have bn able to position the sword..

flash is a guy who can empty a city b4 ppl can blink why didnt disarm slade at that lvl of speed no amount of prep would counter flash.. flash would have the world frozen

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by namorsubby
he has fought half those people you named while they were in groups with others. NW didn't beat him 3 times, BT didn't kick his ass.....and I'm sure there's much, much more wrong with that particular statement

low end feats......everybody has them. You're lowballing Slade man, plain and simple

By half those people you mean Nightwing, Batman and Batgirl? I think the only time he has fought Batman in a group was Infinity Crisis, and that wasn't much of a fight, just Batman, Nightwing and Robin kicking the crap out of him together; and he's always had prep when he has fought Nightwing or Cass in larger groups. Nightwing has beaten Slade three times, and Bronze Tiger was kicking the shit out of him.

I'm not low balling Slade, you are just taking prep time feats and examples of him hitting Flash as valid examples of how a one on one fight with no prep would play out, which makes you off your bloody rocker.

srankmissingnin
Where are the scans - and perhaps more importantly, the context - behind Slade apparently getting his ass kicked by all of these people? I know for a fact that Batman didn't stalemate Slade cleanly in their first encounter as much as he got beat down by a disinterested Slade. And the instance where Bats kept attacking a Slade trying to assassinate someone else isn't exactly what I'd call a "stalemate" in terms of a one on one contest.

Slade beat Bruce with casual "disinterest"? He was so hurt he could barely stand afterwards and had to bind his arm. And its not like Batman was all gungho either, he just wanted to talk to Slade and get some answers - he didn't even use any of his gadgets (while Slade use his staff as a melee weapon and a raged blast or two) Don't get it twisted.

namorsubby
By half those people you mean Nightwing, Batman and Batgirl? I think the only time he has fought Batman in a group was Infinity Crisis, and that wasn't much of a fight, just Batman, Nightwing and Robin kicking the crap out of him together; and he's always had prep when he has fought Nightwing or Cass in larger groups. Nightwing has beaten Slade three times, and Bronze Tiger was kicking the shit out of him.

I'm not low balling Slade, you are just taking prep time feats and examples of him hitting Flash as valid examples of how a one on one fight with no prep would play out, which makes you off your bloody rocker. lol, no you're just assuming all that. How very intelligent of you.

Prep feats and instances with the flash aren't at all Slade has to offer, but you seem to think it is.

1. You're way overdoing it with the exaggeration. BT didn't beat the shit outta anybody.

2. Your facts are whacked. NW hasn't beat slade three times......and he certainly couldn't take slade in a h2h match where he doesn't get to hit and run away....like oh say, a forum match? lol

neither can Batman, or cassie, or any of the rest.

Batman never stalemated slade, cassie got humiliated, and Slade hardly ever literally preps when he takes on the titans He just knows them so well by now, but that in no way should undermine the fact that he has enough battle savy to engage them all in close combat.

edit:

Slade beat Bruce with casual "disinterest"? He was so hurt he could barely stand afterwards and had to bind his arm. And its not like Batman was all gungho either, he just wanted to talk to Slade and get some answers - he didn't even use any of his gadgets (while Slade use his staff as a melee weapon and a raged blast or two) Don't get it twisted.

Bottom line, when slade got serious near the end, he beat batman like a red-headed stepchild.

Wild Shadow
Dick grayson was able to stop a sword swipe to the head from slade if slade had vastly superhuman reaction dick wouldnt have bn able to pull that feat..

JakeTheBank

Slade had no intention on fighting Bruce. He could have given a flying rat's ass about Batman, who had every intention on bringing Slade in. He couldn't do it, even after ambushing him at the end of the scuffle. Slade walked away hurting, but that's more than what could be said for Batman who was KTFO. So, no, I'm not twisting anything.

Wild Shadow
what do all of you guys think about the fight with slade and david cain?

namorsubby
Dick grayson was able to stop a sword swipe to the head from slade if slade had vastly superhuman reaction dick wouldnt have bn able to pull that feat.. Batman was able to dodge Titans Tommorrow Superman's Heat vision. If his beams truly moved at the speed of light, he couldn't have......

No one wants to see NW head get taken off, but the point is, Slade can take nightwing easily, and NW himself knows it. He can take Batman in h2h easily, and has never even really wanted to fight bats, even when he kicked his hiney

srankmissingnin
lol, no you're just assuming all that. How very intelligent of you.

Prep feats and instances with the flash aren't at all Slade has to offer, but you seem to think it is.

1. You're way overdoing it with the exaggeration. BT didn't beat the shit outta anybody.

2. Your facts are whacked. NW hasn't beat slade three times......and he certainly couldn't take slade in a h2h match where he doesn't get to hit and run away....like oh say, a forum match? lol

neither can Batman, or cassie, or any of the rest.

Batman never stalemated slade, cassie got humiliated, and Slade hardly ever literally preps when he takes on the titans He just knows them so well by now, but that in no way should undermine the fact that he has enough battle savy to engage them all in close combat.

edit:

Bottom line, when slade got serious near the end, he beat batman like a red-headed stepchild.

Bronze Tiger was kicking his ass, Slade ran away from him. Read the comic.

Nightwing has beaten Slade three times. Embarrassed him even. Obviously he doesn't have much a shot of beating him in forum match, but as Nightwing has demonstrated if he can get the opening hit he can dominate Slade for a short time thanks to his speed and his skill, both of which are above that of DS.

Batman did stalemate Slade, and Cassie humiliated Slade. Slade almost always preps when he fights the Titans.

srankmissingnin
what do all of you guys think about the fight with slade and david cain?

Another street who stalemated Slade. cool

Wild Shadow
has slade ever fought wildcat?

srankmissingnin
Oh and Vandal Savage beat him to death as well, but Slade got better.

Without prep Slade is second string. He doesn't have the skill to handle someone like X-23. His superhuman stats are barely enough to give him a win against the street levels he fights now in h2h. He isn't strong enough, fast enough or skilled enough to win this fight. His weaponry isn't powerful enough and he doesn't heal fast enough. With out prep he is out of his element. That is just a fact.

namorsubby
Bronze Tiger was kicking his ass, Slade ran away from him. Read the comic.

Nightwing has beaten Slade three times. Embarrassed him even. Obviously he doesn't have much a shot of beating him in forum match, but as Nightwing has demonstrated if he can get the opening hit he can dominate Slade for a short time thanks to his speed and his skill, both of which are above that of DS.

Batman did stalemate Slade, and Cassie humiliated Slade. Slade almost always preps when he fights the Titans. I have........that fight led to his altercation with deadshot, which I've posted in my thread.

lol, I have no idea where you're getting this from, but at least once I've seen slade knocked NW on his ass in a few moves.....then he and his titans girlfriend call for backup.

NW has even said himself "slade could kill me without breaking a sweat".

what more do you need?

lol, now you're saying nightwing is faster than slade? And I'm the one of my rocker?

no, that supposed "stalemate" you're talking about is when DS was trying to do a job and not even worried about bats at all.

Cassie never humiliated slade, but he for sure has humiliated her. and slade had no prep when he whooped her ass along with nightwing and several assorted teen titans members. He just knows them, and therefore knows how to beat them.

The whole "prep" thing is way different for slade anyway. He may analyze them away from the fight, but when he beats teams, he does so in close combat with them. It's not nearly them same

edit:

Oh and Vandal Savage beat him to death as well, but Slade got better.

Without prep Slade is second string. He doesn't have the skill to handle someone like X-23. His superhuman stats are barely enough to give him a win against the street levels he fights now in h2h. He isn't strong enough, fast enough or skilled enough to win this fight. His weaponry isn't powerful enough and he doesn't heal fast enough. With out prep he is out of his element. That is just a fact.

nope.....just plain old denial

srankmissingnin
I have........that fight led to his altercation with deadshot, which I've posted in my thread.

lol, I have no idea where you're getting this from, but at least once I've seen slade knocked NW on his ass in a few moves.....then he and his titans girlfriend call for backup.

NW has even said himself "slade could kill me without breaking a sweat".

what more do you need?

lol, now you're saying nightwing is faster than slade? And I'm the one of my rocker?

no, that supposed "stalemate" you're talking about is when DS was trying to do a job and not even worried about bats at all.

Cassie never humiliated slade, but he for sure has humiliated her. and slade had no prep when he whooped her ass along with nightwing and several assorted teen titans members. He just knows them, and therefore knows how to beat them.

The whole "prep" thing is way different for slade anyway. He may analyze them away from the fight, but when he beats teams, he does so in close combat with them. It's not nearly them same

edit:

nope.....just plain old denial

Than you should know BT kicked his ass.

Slade's class two. If he lands a single hit on Nightwing that swings the course of the fight instantly in his favour. Still Nightwing has put the boots to Slade himself a few times. Not really a matter for debate. Obviously the majority of the time Slade kicks his ass.. but the majority of the time he also either has prep or gets the drop on Dick.

Nightwing is faster than Slade. He has outright blitzed him before.

The first time Cassie and Slade fought he couldn't even touch her. She walked all over him he had to pull out a grenade and threaten to blow them both up to get her to back off.

Slade with prep and Slade without prep are two different beats. You think they are the same, but they aren't. With out prep he can bare beat the streets he fight, some of them aren't even peak human. He just isn't that good.

The Pict
I'm an X-23 fan, and I think due to her mutant abilities she's above DS in terms of durability, and maybe strength (IIRC in her time being trained by Kimura she was said to be at peak human even before her X-gene was triggered) and she has a high powered healing factor.

However DS is gotta be ahead in skill. The guy handled members of the Justice Leage when being paid by Dr Light, and even reacted to Flash. He's probably faster than Laura is.

Hard to make a clear decision.

SamZED
Lets see. The guy who stomps Titans and tags Flash like every saturday, is fast enough to keep up with Wonder Woman in a fight and schooled Batman in a h2h while barely paying attention to him VS a slower, weaker, less experienced copy of Wolverine. Yeah, gonna have to go with DS on this one.

Prep-Man
Slade also punked Raveger, which nice. And he also dealt NW with no problem.

SamZED
Yeah, normally it takes him 1 to 3 moves to pwn NW. I think NW only managed to stalemate DS once which was an incredibly high showing for Dick. Most of the time Slade treats him like a punching beg.

Q99
not so

a couple of poor showings against MAs almost always harbors these results.

Slade can beat Batman, nightwing, cassie, and other high end MAs in an h2h confrontation, and they know it

Cassandra and Slade have gone up against each other several times and it's always been a draw (though one would assume his endurance would eventually give him the win if they fought it to the finish).

Aside from that, though, yea, he does great. Clear majority against Batman and Nightwing.

SamZED Yeah, normally it takes him 1 to 3 moves to pwn NW. I think NW only managed to stalemate DS once which was an incredibly high showing for Dick. Most of the time Slade treats him like a punching beg.

Nightwing's gotten really good at running away from him smile The stalemate time I can think of when Slade captured Man-Bat, was basically Dick lept at him and got a little surprise, landed a nice combo, then leapt away, inner-monologing about how if he gave Deathstroke the slightest opening that'd be it.

Juntai
Originally posted by Q99
Cassandra and Slade have gone up against each other several times and it's always been a draw (though one would assume his endurance would eventually give him the win if they fought it to the finish).

Aside from that, though, yea, he does great. Clear majority against Batman and Nightwing. When he was baiting her to introduce her to the new Ravager, she had inner dialogue mentioning that he was simply too fast for her and she was only keeping up because he was letting her, and that her body reading skills didn't work on him because of this.

Even Cass seems to understand she wouldn't be a threat if he had the agenda to put her down.

Prep-Man
And Ravager's precog didn't work EITHER! Slade = bad ass!

Juntai
Originally posted by Q99

Nightwing's gotten really good at running away from him smile The stalemate time I can think of when Slade captured Man-Bat, was basically Dick lept at him and got a little surprise, landed a nice combo, then leapt away, inner-monologing about how if he gave Deathstroke the slightest opening that'd be it. Which was pretty much shown to us in Nightwing issue.. 117 maybe? Where Slade was just leaning against the wall, because Dick sent for his help and Dick ran over and started attacking him and shit while he was casually standing there. Slammed his head through a mirror, one single return kick had Dick sprawled across the floor in submission.

Q99
Originally posted by Juntai
When he was baiting her to introduce her to the new Ravager, she had inner dialogue mentioning that he was simply too fast for her and she was only keeping up because he was letting her, and that her body reading skills didn't work on him because of this.

She didn't say too fast, she said he moved like a 'choir' with enough voices he was hard to read (though she didn't say they didn't work at all, just that he made it difficult). She sensed that he was holding back, but keep in mind she was outwardly winning and got a sword to a fice. Cass knew that she wasn't really winning, that's all.

He tried that in their first fight, and their third didn't go much better for him either, where he as much admitted he couldn't take her down as well.

She didn't say that he could beat her, just that he was letting her do better than it looked as part of a lure.

Which is pretty impressive on his part still, in terms of reading the flow of the fight and predicting what'd happen.

Slade is not fast enough to surprise or outreact SM, flash or WW unless they are crippled by CIS, PIS or WIS. These people have lightspeed, or close to it, reaction times, he has jobber aura. Most of the titans individually could crush him, but they have CIP and PIS preventing them. Flash is a moron.

That time slade danced arround in front of SM putting himself in front of a truck while giving a lecture? It was a joke. SM, who just stood there looking like a dope: "oh no he'll kill himself", could have gone tot he moon and back before Slade hit the ground. "His brain and reflexes are so superdooper awesome, he can keep up with wonder woman" sigh... And people complain about wolverine wanking by fans and writers.

DS can successfully employ his powerset and skillset against other street levellers, and is a top tier in the street level that's for sure. But using his PIS filled feats against top tiers, sometimes in groups, to prove that is bullshit. Wolverine has ripped count nefaria a dozen new assholes, guess that proves he can kill slade while tied up in under a second.

Back to the fight. She wins the first, he probably wins the second and third, but she has some chances in them too.

namorsubby
Originally posted by 753
Slade is not fast enough to surprise or outreact SM, flash or WW unless they are crippled by CIS, PIS or WIS. These people have lightspeed, or close to it, reaction times, he has jobber aura. Most of the titans individually could crush him, but they have CIP and PIS preventing them. Flash is a moron.

That time slade danced arround in front of SM putting himself in front of a truck while giving a lecture? It was a joke. SM, who just stood there looking like a dope: "oh no he'll kill himself", could have gone tot he moon and back before Slade hit the ground. "His brain and reflexes are so superdooper awesome, he can keep up with wonder woman" sigh... And people complain about wolverine wanking by fans and writers.

DS can successfully employ his powerset and skillset against other street levellers, and is a top tier in the street level that's for sure. But using his PIS filled feats against top tiers, sometimes in groups, to prove that is bullshit. Wolverine has ripped count nefaria a dozen new assholes, guess that proves he can kill slade while tied up in under a second.

Back to the fight. She wins the first, he probably wins the second and third, but she has some chances in them too. With all his interaction with street level peak humans people tend to forget that Slade himself is a meta.......a meta with superhuman reflexes( A generally undefined level at that).Not only that, but superhumanly fast perception and a distinct power of superfast deduction and calculation. that has thrwated some of the fastest characters and allowed him to engage several opponents at one time close quarters.

I think the problem is so many people want to lump him together or only slightly above those street levelers who he has occasionally battled.......thing is, slade is on another level altogether.

SamZED
How else are we supposed to judge character's speed if in 9 out of 10 of his appearances they have him outreact superfast characters, tag speedsters and toy with some of the best DC's MA fighters?

Juk3n

I think the problem is so many people want to lump him together or only slightly above those street levelers who he has occasionally battled.......thing is, slade is on another level altogether.

I think the problem people have is this.

He can A) either legitimatley outreact SUPERMAN and FLASH
or B) be given trouble fighting NIGHTWING no expression

If he's 'A' then 'B' is impossible, and vice versa. The two cannot possibly co-exist. One must be false.

Alot of people believe he is 'B'. And why shouldnt they?

SamZED
He normally stomps Nightwing. And beats Batman. Dick had like one good showing against him. And even that was a stalemate. Normally Slade stomps him so hard NW acualy had to pay him once so he wouldnt kill someone.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Juk3n

If he's 'A' then 'B' is impossible, and vice versa. The two cannot possibly co-exist. One must be false.

Alot of people believe he is 'B'. And why shouldnt they?
Perhaps because his trouble with Nightwing is exagerated?

Nightwing once paid DS off rather than trying to take him down because he knows he can't beat DS one on one. For a while there was a widespread belief on this board that streetlevel MAs could beat Spider-Man due to a perceived lack of skills and some poor showings with Fancy ****ing Dan. Now obviously DS isn't exactly like Spider-Man but just like Spider-Man he's being lowballed and being hoisted by some shitty showings/exaggerations of shitty showings.

Being a Metahuman is a part of DS's character. He has at least 10x human stats in virtually all areas of physical and mental development.

So while DS shouldn't be able to casually outreact Superman or tag the Flash he also shouldn't be thought of as a mere streetlever or someone that Top Tier MAs with no superhuman abilities/gear can beat/stalemate one on one.

Wild Shadow
10x an average human doesnt exactly scream clear superhuman in the comics.. either.

being 10x could still be perceived as simply peak human or very low superhuman

With all his interaction with street level peak humans people tend to forget that Slade himself is a meta.......a meta with superhuman reflexes( A generally undefined level at that).Not only that, but superhumanly fast perception and a distinct power of superfast deduction and calculation. that has thrwated some of the fastest characters and allowed him to engage several opponents at one time close quarters.

I think the problem is so many people want to lump him together or only slightly above those street levekers who he has occasionally battled.......thing is, slade is on another level altogether.

Guess I am one of those people cause I just dont see it.

Again, the fact that he is a meta, not a peak, means nothing. It's not the label of peak human that defines what these characters can do, it's their feats that define what peak human means.

Problem lies exactly in how poorly defined his superspeed and reflexes are: His speed feats dealing with more objectively measurable things such as bullet dodging, specially after bullets have been fired, blitzing others and racing are not on a league apart from the other elite battle machine street levellers (meta or peak) with a focus on speed. He gets tagged by them all the time too. He is upper crust street leveller and pretty good with prep, sometimes convincingly so, other times not so much.

His feats outreacting Flash and SM on the other hand are just absurd because the flash has shown picosecond reaction times and SM is likely in the nanoseconds. It can only be explained by a blunder on their part or an atempt by the writer to make an exciting story and show a character as a threat. Such feats don't prove he is far above other bullet timers. A more reallistic depiction of how his fights with Impulse should have gone is the quicksilver/mr X fight.

To show this isn't bias, let me cite Logan as an example. He is also a meta and a pretty much indestructible superkiller, but he is still just street level elite like DS. Shove him up against a GL or the Flash and unless they blunder in incomprehensible stupidity, he'll be defeated almost instantly and do no damage at all.

Omega Vision
10x an average human doesnt exactly scream clear superhuman in the comics.. either.

being 10x could still be perceived as simply peak human or very low superhuman
10x a comic book human, not 10x a RL human.

A Special Forces Soldier like Slade Wilson isn't an average human anyway. Ten times a Navy Seal/Army Ranger is pretty formidable and certainly above Peak Human.

Wild Shadow
was the origin story staed that his powers were ten time his own base or was it said he was simply 10x average human? i am too lazy to look at his respect thread but i am pretty sure which one the scientist said

Omega Vision
was the origin story staed that his powers were ten time his own base or was it said he was simply 10x average human? i am too lazy to look at his respect thread but i am pretty sure which one the scientist said
I'm pretty sure it was ten times his base stats.

Either way that gives him superhuman senses, speed, and strength.

I'm pretty weak but if you multiplied me by ten I'd be Peak Human. Now I'm below average. Multiply the average human by ten and you're a fair bit above Peak human, enhanced level even. Slade Wilson meanwhile is a good deal above average. Look at some of the shit Special Forces soldiers pull off in Real Life, some of it approaches what guys like Batman and Cap do in comics. So multiply an Olympic decathlete by ten and you easily have a Metahuman.

Wild Shadow
what was slade again recon army ranger? if that is it i am not impressed at all since their elite training and physical exams are below what basic marine training is.. eek!

Omega Vision
what was slade again recon army ranger? if that is it i am not impressed at all since their elite training and physical exams are below what basic marine training is.. eek!
The reason Slade was given the enhancements in the first place was that he was the best the military had period. He was way above the rank and file soldiers in the Army and certainly above the rank and file in the Marines. So even if he was only a regular army grunt his quick ability to master fighting arts and his impressive physical accomplishments earned him the spot in the program over everyone else.

Wild Shadow
he was the best in his branch nothing says he was the best in all branches as far as i recall.. can you prove your comment?

Q99
He was known for doing stuff like shooting a gun in each hand accurately in two totally separate directions before he got boosted.

iceman24567
I don't see Slade losing in any scenario

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Q99
He was known for doing stuff like shooting a gun in each hand accurately in two totally separate directions before he got boosted. doesnt punisher do that all the time and he is old and worn down.. plus like to point out he was a marine

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
He was known for doing stuff like shooting a gun in each hand accurately in two totally separate directions before he got boosted.
And when he was depowered he murdered a squad of soldiers first with his bare hands and then with their own guns, dual wielding assault rifles, a WTF feat by any measure for a normal human.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Juk3n

Alot of people believe he is 'B'. And why shouldnt they? low end showings happen.....we all know it, but sometimes there's a reason for it.

Slade was introduced fighting the titans. He came in as a team beater. In fact, in the very first issue, he tagged flash, dodged starfire.....and all those other things people have such a problem with him doing.

people have to stop referencing his fights with a few characters like NW, etc as reason why he is only barely above them. Because one, I've seen slade whoop an enraged NW's ass in one move after tanking his blows, and NW himself says slade can easily kill him. And two, jobbing is always gonna happen when you have to have a plot go a certain way. One day, slade is whooping on the titans, then he enters NW's ongoing and he is his only opposition. NW has to win somehow, even though it was that very comic where NW said he could easily kill him

Wild Shadow
i always gave DS the thumbs up over NW b/c A: he wears prometheum armor B) he has a HF higher durability C) slightly superior stats D) he isnt hampered by morality unlike NW and bats..

none of those would matter to X23 since she is far more superior to bats and NW...

also i dont dismiss his team busting feats completely. i see it for what it is CIS/PIS effecting heroes and slade taking advantage of the heroes..

morality and experience can screw with any rookie power house... but when i see a hero using his surroundings weapons and other crap i dont assume it will work with another equally experienced hero..

bats has also embarrassed the JLA using skill, experience and tech i dont fully chalk it up to just bats being bats but various other factors

Omega Vision
i always gave DS the thumbs up over NW b/c A: he wears prometheum armor B) he has a HF higher durability C) slightly superior stats D) he isnt hampered by morality unlike NW and bats..

none of those would matter to X23 since she is far more superior to bats and NW...

also i dont dismiss his team busting feats completely. i see it for what it is CIS/PIS effecting heroes and slade taking advantage of the heroes..

morality and experience can screw with any rookie power house... but when i see a hero using his surroundings weapons and other crap i dont assume it will work with another equally experienced hero..

bats has also embarrassed the JLA using skill, experience and tech i dont fully chalk it up to just bats being bats but various other factors
Just out of curiosity, you're not applying Wolverine's feats to X are you? Because X-23 isn't even close to Wolverine's equal.

Wild Shadow
no.

YFZ 350
Does Slade heal as fast as X-23?

iceman24567
nope

The Pict
Just out of curiosity, you're not applying Wolverine's feats to X are you? Because X-23 isn't even close to Wolverine's equal.

She's possibly faster.

And I think she heals quicker.

namorsubby

that is wise, because he can easily crush him.

physically, yes, but so is slade.

No PIS, he's been doing it since day one and it continues to this day.

it worked with JLA.

not the same kinda prep. Bats devises specific ways or devices to take out opponents.......slade analyzes them, but most often still engages them in close quarter combat with standard weaponry. He just makes sure he knows them.

srankmissingnin
low end showings happen.....we all know it, but sometimes there's a reason for it.

Slade was introduced fighting the titans. He came in as a team beater. In fact, in the very first issue, he tagged flash, dodged starfire.....and all those other things people have such a problem with him doing.

people have to stop referencing his fights with a few characters like NW, etc as reason why he is only barely above them. Because one, I've seen slade whoop an enraged NW's ass in one move after tanking his blows, and NW himself says slade can easily kill him. And two, jobbing is always gonna happen when you have to have a plot go a certain way. One day, slade is whooping on the titans, then he enters NW's ongoing and he is his only opposition. NW has to win somehow, even though it was that very comic where NW said he could easily kill him

Slade was introduced fighting the Titans with Ravager, and the two of them together didn't accomplish anything. Slade isn't a team beater, he wasn't then and he isn't to day. Virtually every member of the Titans has fought him on their own and either beaten him outright or given him a decent fight. He has never beaten the Titans, even when they were a bunch of green, inexperienced Teenagers. He's teamed up with them more then he has ever fought them, and they've had to save his ass almost as many times. When he does actually fight them, he has prep, and even then he ends up running away 9 times out 10. Deathstrokes best fight against the Titans, wasn't even him, it was Joe in his body. The Titan's sloppy team work, and them running into each other is what mostly gives Slade an advantage in melee.

Has Slade demolished Nightwing in one on one? Yeah, of course he has, but Nightwing has kicked his ass too. Has Slade put the boots to Roy Harper? Sure, but Roy has made him work for his win, continuing to fight with two broke legs until reinforcements arrived and Slade had to run away like usual. Without prep Slade isn't a team breaker, Prep Slade and none prep Slade are hardly the same guy.

it worked with JLA.

Just to mention the 2 more obvious ones: GL could have crushed him with a thought and the Flash could have crushed him before he could fire a single synapse.

PIS, crippling CIS and jobbing is what makes Slade great against such teams. He is nowhere near low herald, he's not even in the middle of the 'iron man tier', he is at best a bottomfeeder at said tier. There is no reason to place him far above elite street level.

Lord_Talron
1. x23
2. x23: adamantium and healing factor are her advantages here
3. close fight, but giving slade such a kryptonitish weapon cant not give him the win here.

namorsubby
Slade was introduced fighting the Titans with Ravager, and the two of them together didn't accomplish anything. Slade isn't a team beater, he wasn't then and he isn't to day. Virtually every member of the Titans has fought him on their own and either beaten him outright or given him a decent fight. He has never beaten the Titans, even when they were a bunch of green, inexperienced Teenagers. He's teamed up with them more then he has ever fought them, and they've had to save his ass almost as many times. When he does actually fight them, he has prep, and even then he ends up running away 9 times out 10. Deathstrokes best fight against the Titans, wasn't even him, it was Joe in his body. The Titan's sloppy team work, and them running into each other is what mostly gives Slade an advantage in melee.

Has Slade demolished Nightwing in one on one? Yeah, of course he has, but Nightwing has kicked his ass too. Has Slade put the boots to Roy Harper? Sure, but Roy has made him work for his win, continuing to fight with two broke legs until reinforcements arrived and Slade had to run away like usual. Without prep Slade isn't a team breaker, Prep Slade and none prep Slade are hardly the same guy.

All that, and Slade is inferior to Elektra in every way.......oh, and slower than Nghtwing. I think you've made it painfully clear where you stand on all this.......

Got it wink roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
All that, and Slade is inferior to Elektra in every way.......oh, and slower than Nghtwing. I think you've made it painfully clear where you stand on all this.......

Got it wink roll eyes (sarcastic)

The same place I always stand, the right place.

I think you need to sit down and read some comics, not just a Respect Thread because you are waaaaaaaaaay of base here. You sound like longpig.

Slade has trouble with streets. He has trouble with streets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than he takes it to teams, and when he does take it to a team there is usually a reason for it happening (ie prep).

namorsubby
The same place I always stand, the right place.

I think you need to sit down and read some comics, not just a Respect Thread because you are waaaaaaaaaay of base here. You sound like longpig.

Slade has trouble with streets. He has trouble with streets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than he takes it to teams, and when he does take it to a team there is usually a reason for it happening (ie prep).

1.how self-righteous and arrogant of you wink

2.I read comics......then I make respect threads. so "don't get it twisted" sranky.lol

3. no, he doesn't have trouble with streets. There are almost always extinuating circumstances surrounding those fights(ie, slade not even trying, the opponent hitting and running, etc, etc)......but someone likeyou would rather say they "took the boots" to or "kicked his ass". even though they openly acknowledge themselves that they are no real match for slade.

but yeah, you're right. only an imbecile wouldn't concede to such undeniably sound statements like "slade is inferior to elektra in every way" or "Slade is slower than NW".lol

srankmissingnin
1.how self-righteous and arrogant of you wink

2.I read comics......then I make respect threads. so "don't get it twisted" sranky.lol

3. no, he doesn't have trouble with streets. There are almost always extinuating circumstances surrounding those fights(ie, slade not even trying, the opponent hitting and running, etc, etc)......but someone like wouod rather say they "took the boots" to of "kicked his ass". even though they openly acknowledge themselves that they are no real match for slade.

but yeah, you're right. only an imbecile wouldn't concede to such undeniable sound statements like "slade is inferior to elektra in every way" or "Slade is slower than NW".lol

Not really, I just make a point of not saying something unless I know what I'm talking about. You should give it a try. cool

If you say so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are more extenuating circumstances surrounding his fights with teams then there are his fights with streets. He fights teams with prep and he doesn't win, he almost always ends up running away. Without prep street levels give him trouble, and they do it far more often then he fights teams. That is Slade with out prep, a guy who is barely above street level and has a hard time with skilled fighters.

I said Slade is inferior to Elektra in every way save strength. That's just a fact.

snoopdogg

I said Slade is inferior to Elektra in every way save strength. That's just a fact. Even intellect and healing?

Wild Shadow
i really havent seen any real good healing feats from slade which could be used in combat... elektra tortured and beaten gave BE a good fight and beat his @$$ iirc...

it depends on intellect i guess if he build all his toys that he uses against the titans then no she is not as intelligent as slade..

if it is combat knowledge, strategy it can be argued i guess

nice on the baiting though, nice try

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Even intellect and healing?

Obvious not.

snoopdogg
Obvious not. Those are huge factors in a fight imo.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Those are huge factors in a fight imo.

They would be if Slade had prep or his healing factor worked fast enough to be useful in an actual fight.

namorsubby
Not really, I just make a point of not saying something unless I know what I'm talking about. You should give it a try. cool

If you say so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are more extenuating circumstances surrounding his fights with teams then there are his fights with streets. He fights teams with prep and he doesn't win, he almost always ends up running away. Without prep street levels give him trouble, and they do it far more often then he fights teams. That is Slade with out prep, a guy who is barely above street level and has a hard time with skilled fighters.

I said Slade is inferior to Elektra in every way save strength. That's just a fact.

Have you ever considered that maybe you don't always know what you're talking about?

naw, nevermind. it's way more logical to assume you're the only person on earth who always does........not self-righteous and arrogant at all. very intelligent as well wink

"if you say so" is not a valid response to a well-known fact. I read comics, then make threads of them......or maybe you've never been to that section of KMC forums?

By "barely above streetlevel" of course you mean can easily take them out one on one with any real intent to(and has at that)? because all of them seem to think he can.......who are you to argue with them???

that's just hogwash and/or scatterbrain nonsense.......but you were close to being right I guess(not really) thumb up

Wild Shadow
what healing has he shown in mid battle that would suggest he could keep going against some one like elektra?

i've yet to see him keep on trucking after being stabbed or any similar injury like getting shot...

intellect only applies if we are talking combat knowledge i dont see it as being as much of a difference here between the fighting gap..

namorsubby
i really havent seen any real good healing feats from slade which could be used in combat... elektra tortured and beaten gave BE a good fight and beat his @$$ iirc...

it depends on intellect i guess if he build all his toys that he uses against the titans then no she is not as intelligent as slade..

if it is combat knowledge, strategy it can be argued i guess

nice on the baiting though, nice try he easily withstood a all out blast from an enraged starfire in I think there second meeting.

she said something like "you're still alive....impossible"

edit:

what healing has he shown in mid battle that would suggest he could keep going against some one like elektra?

i've yet to see him keep on trucking after being stabbed or any similar injury like getting shot...

intellect only applies if we are talking combat knowledge i dont see it as being as much of a difference here between the fighting gap..

stab wounds don't even affect him. he has tanked gunshots too

and speedy and GA shot him all over with arrows to zero effect whatsoever

Wild Shadow
the starfire blast would depend how much she is putting into the blast as Ms. Marve/ironman have all blasted ppl well below superhuman peak or olympic.. we dont say they have a HF or far more durable we understand why he or she survived such a blast..

aside from that i would imagine that his promethium armor help take the brunt of the attack and his durability and minor healing factor did the rest..

i am not sure how or where the arrow were shot in his body with the speedy reference... i have no reason to doubt you but i am willing to take your word for now.....

so long as the arrows werent in none vital areas like forearms or shoulder.. because that would be disingenuous and here at KMC we dont try to skew facts like that now do we? shifty

tell me do you think slade can keep on fighting with a sai in his heart/chest, head or throat?

last i remember joker took down slade with a knife to the throat

srankmissingnin
Have you ever considered that maybe you don't always know what you're talking about?

naw, nevermind. it's way more logical to assume you're the only person on earth who always does........not self-righteous and arrogant at all. very intelligent as well wink

"if you say so" is not a valid response to a well-known fact. I read comics, then make threads of them......or maybe you've never been to that section of KMC forums?

By "barely above streetlevel" of course you mean can easily take them out one on one with any real intent to(and has at that)? because all of them seem to think he can.......who are you to argue with them???

that's just hogwash and/or scatterbrain nonsense.......but you were close to being right I guess(not really) thumb up

Of course, but in those cases I usually just don't say anything. There is a reason I only post in a limited number of threads, these are the subjects I know about.

You made a Human Torch respect thread. Congratulations. Your Deathstroke knowledge on the other had is pretty text book lopsided Respect Thread nonsense. If your terminology. I'm pretty sure you cited Deathstroke "incinerating" a helicopter (which he didn't, he's blown a few up though), which I'm sure is a longpig'ism form the respect thread or another one of his posts.

I can argue with them because I'm the freaking Watcher and have seen every encounter they've had with Deathstroke? Streets have taken it to Deathstroke numerous times. It's not really a mater for debate.

I think I know what I'm talking about... I made the Elektra Respect thread. cool

srankmissingnin
the starfire blast would depend how much she is putting into the blast as Ms. Marve/ironman have all blasted ppl well below superhuman.. we dont say they have a HF or far more durable we understand why he or she survived such a blast..

aside from that i would imagine that his promethium armor help take the brunt of the attack and his durability and minor healing factor did the rest..
i am not sure how or where the arrow were shot in his body i have no reason to doubt you but i am willing to take your word for now so long as the arrows werent in none vital areas like forearms or shoulder.. because the would be disingenuous and here at KMC dont try to skew facts like that now do we? shifty

tell me do you think slade can keep on fighting with a sai in his heart/chest, head or throat?

He's been taken down with bullets even while wearing his armor on multiple occasions.

Wild Shadow
i know.. deadshot took him down with three chest shots,.. iirc..

plus his son tried to kill him his armor took the brunt of the machine gun fire but slade went down as well

i am aware some one here is skewing the facts.. i have half a mind to out right call him out

srankmissingnin
i know.. deadshot took him down with three chest shots,.. iirc..

plus his son tried to kill him his armor took the brunt of the machine gun fire but slade went down as well

i am aware some one here is skewing the facts.. i have half a mind to out right call him out

I've spent all day re-reading every single Deathstroke appearance in any of the Titans series (and there is a lot, and most of them are baaaaaaaaaaad), to see if I was just remembering wrong because of how off base some peoples opinion of Deathstroke is with my own. My conclusion is that even I was over rating him. Dude got beat down be Wildebeests. Without prep he simply isn't a contender.

Do I need to make a Deathstroke Disrespect Thread? Come on guys.

namorsubby
the starfire blast would depend how much she is putting into the blast as Ms. Marve/ironman have all blasted ppl well below superhuman.. we dont say they have a HF or far more durable we understand why he or she survived such a blast..

i am not sure how or where the arrow were shot in his body i have no reason to doubt you but i am willing to take your word for now so long as the arrows werent in none vital areas like forearms or shoulder.. because the would be disingenuous and here at KMC dont try to skew facts like that now do we? shifty

I said she was enraged, she also said she was "out for blood" right before she blasted him. It took him absolutelly no time to recover, and also, like I said, she was amazed.(all this and more will be in my thread shortly)

some days it's more major than minor......some days it's not. I actually don't even think slade had promethium armor than. He's not evenn always displayed as having it. sometimes it''s just kevlar(I've actually seen bullets, arrows, etc easily penetrate it)

Can he take being stabbed by a sai? If he can take a blast from starfire to the chest(at least on a good day), what do you think?

His HF varies all lot, but even if he "dies", his hf eventually always brings him back.

Wild Shadow
taking an energy blast is not the same as taking a stab to the heart or brain.. and if he dies then elektra wins.. so what if he comes back he comes back all loco because of the trauma so it would be even worse for him..

anyways when deathstroke died or went missing he didnt come back right away it took him days, weeks to claw out of his own grave.. iirc..

srankmissingnin
taking an energy blast is not the same as taking a stab to the heart or brain.. and if he dies then elektra wins.. so what if he comes back he comes back all loco because of the trauma so it would be even worse for him..

anyways when deathstroke died or went missing he didnt come back right away it took him days, weeks to claw out of his own grave.. iirc..

It blew out his armor leaving his chest exposed, so he ran away. It wasn't his healing factor that saved him it was his armor, and he couldn't have taken another shot.

Wild Shadow
is it just me or some one really i mean really trying to put a spin on deathstroke and out right purposely trying to misinform ppl?

namorsubby
Of course, but in those cases I usually just don't say anything. There is a reason I only post in a limited number of threads, these are the subjects I know about.

You made a Human Torch respect thread. Congratulations. Your Deathstroke knowledge on the other had is pretty text book lopsided Respect Thread nonsense. If your terminology. I'm pretty sure you cited Deathstroke "incinerating" a helicopter (which he didn't, he's blown a few up though), which I'm sure is a longpig'ism form the respect thread or another one of his posts.

I can argue with them because I'm the freaking Watcher and have seen every encounter they've had with Deathstroke? Streets have taken it to Deathstroke numerous times. It's not really a mater for debate.

I think I know what I'm talking about... I made the Elektra Respect thread. cool

so you're still sticking with the notion that any time you decide to inject your comical brand of logic, you're always right? more power to ya man thumb up

I've made far more than that......but I didn't make a Slade thread yet or cite anything on slade......so what the hell are you talking about? confused, much?

no, for one, there has been extinuating circumstances aroung almost each and every one of those fights. that's a fact.

two, you simply exaggerate those showings by how you choose to describe them. that's a fact.

and three, you ignore the fact that these people admit that he can easily take them if he wanted to themselves. that's a fact

Jinzin posted many scans in that thread that you apparently missed? I'm just saying, I usually skim through each and every appearance for feats.

also, so what.......that statement on elektra being superior in virtually every way is nothing less than ludicrous. My gut told me it would be pointless to argue with someone who made such claims...shoulda listened

I've spent all day re-reading every single Deathstroke appearance in any of the Titans series (and there is a lot, and most of them are baaaaaaaaaaad), to see if I was just remembering wrong because of how off base some peoples opinion of Deathstroke is with my own. My conclusion is that even I was over rating him. Dude got beat down be Wildebeests. Without prep he simply isn't a contender.

Do I need to make a Deathstroke Disrespect Thread? Come on guys.

lol, and now you're saying you intially over-rated him? That's just pathetic

edited out....my bad

You people have sucked the joy out of this thread.

srankmissingnin
is it just me or some one really i mean really trying to put a spin on deathstroke and out right purposely trying to misinform ppl?

Some people just don't understand that Deathstroke with prep and Deathstroke without prep aren't even remotely the same beast. Physically he his like Steve Rogers, only a much worse fighter and sporting a pretty tame healing factor. With out prep streets can and do give Deathstroke trouble routinely. Even when he has prep all he ends up doing is running away in the end, usually because the heroes have to protect civilians from what ever Slade has done.

Wild Shadow
i never over rated him i knew what he was from my old 80's teen titan comics and some old comics from the early mid 90's.. he isnt what ppl try to claim him to be never has bn.. but i give ppl effort for trying to make him more and blow his feats out of proportion plus his modern appearances and feats help

srankmissingnin
so you're still sticking with the notion that any time you decide to inject your comical brand of logic, you're always right? more power to ya man thumb up

I've made far more than that......but I didn't make a Slade thread yet or cite anything on slade......so what the hell are you talking about? confused, much?

no, for one, there has been extinuating circumstances aroung almost each and every one of those fights. that's a fact.

two, you simply exaggerate those showings by how you choose to describe them. that's a fact.

and three, you ignore the fact that these people admit that he can easily take them if he wanted to themselves. that's a fact

Jinzin posted many scans in that thread that you apparently missed? I'm just saying, I usually skim through each and every appearance for feats.

also, so what.......that statement on elektra being superior in virtually every way is nothing less than ludicrous. My gut told me it would be pointless to argue with someone who made such claims...shoulda listened

lol, and now you're saying you intially over-rated him? That's just pathetic

edited out....my bad

How about you hit that Cap Locks / Shift key from time to time?

I'm not always right, I just don't post in threads where I might be wrong.

I'm not exaggerating low showings, I'm citing the majority showings accurately, you are exaggerating high showings.

And you've ignored the fact that they've all fought him and have had the advantage in some instances. That is also a fact, and a fact that carries more weight than a narrative citation.

Jinzin posted mostly some scans that I don't think are canon (but he does), and EotS Elektra which was largely believed to be Skrullektra until recently. /shrug

She is faster, more agile and more skilled. Outside of a slight strength edge, Elektra has him beat in every physical attribute.

namorsubby
How about you hit that Cap Locks / Shift key from time to time?

I'm not always right, I just don't post in threads where I might be wrong.

I'm not exaggerating low showings, I'm citing the majority showings accurately, you are exaggerating high showings.

And you've ignored the fact that they've all fought him and have had the advantage in some instances. That is also a fact, and a fact that carries more weight than a narrative citation.

Jinzin posted mostly some scans that I don't think are canon (but he does), and EotS Elektra which was largely believed to be Skrullektra until recently. /shrug

She is faster, more agile and more skilled. Outside of a slight strength edge, Elektra has him beat in every physical attribute. Again, you think you're right in every thread you post in all the time.......

like I said, I knew it would be in vain.

Let's let these nice people have their thread back, what do you say? Agree to disagree, pal?

Originally posted by 753
You people have sucked the joy out of this thread. I apologize on my behalf. It's just smug "know-it-all-ism" is a pet peeve of mine. Most dicussion concerning who would beat whom in these matches are informed speculation anyway, not undeniable truths, but some of these guys think they're so smart that if you don't concede to their argument, you must be an idiot.

not cool guys. thumb down

Wild Shadow
are you straw manning.. i dont recall anyone calling anyone an idiot or insinuating such except you just now

namorsubby
are you straw manning.. i dont recall anyone calling anyone an idiot or insinuating such except you just now not at all. But really, how do you argue with a guy who thinks every time he's every made a post in one of these matches, he's never been wrong......because he "only comments when he knows he's not"

sheesh

Wild Shadow
it depends what he is correcting you on.. if its feats while some one is purposely misinforming ppl then i dont see anything wrong.. if he is saying overall your wrong without sighting specifics i would agree with you.. but i dont see that happening do you?

namorsubby
it depends what he is correcting you on.. if its feats while some one is purposely misinforming ppl then i dont see anything wrong.. if he is saying overall your wrong without sighting specifics i would agree with you.. but i dont see that happening do you? why no......no I don't.

thank you oh great mediator of the quarreling posters.

but seriously, I'm gonna let the rest of you guys post some opinions. Promise, I'm done.

I actually hate it when I stumble upon a thread with a few posters going back and forth for pages.......guess that makes me a filthy hypocrite.

carry on

Prep-Man
Namorubby... Are you going to post a DS respect thread soon?

namorsubby
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Namorubby... Are you going to post a DS respect thread soon? I already started uploading scans to a new photobucket account.

I could start it now, but i'll wait till tommorrow......well actually really just later on today, cause it's 4am

SamZED
DS is underrated on KMC.

Bentley
Originally posted by SamZED
DS is underrated by Srank and Wild Shadow.

Fixed 131

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.