Grievous vs Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omnislash Kid
Fight takes place in a Star Destroyer docking bay. Who wins?

RE: Blaxican
Grevious with ease.

Hewhoknowsall
Grevious is very inconsistent. In the CWC he pwns 6 Jedi with ease. In the CW animated series he gets pwned by Kit Fisto. In ROTS he gets pwned by ROTS Obi Wan.

CWC Grevious wtfomg pwns Maul.
The latest CW series Grevious loses to Maul.
ROTS Grevious probably beats Maul due to his >20 strikes per second.

Considering that both Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan are two of the most skilled duelists in an entire order consisting of at least hundreds of thousands of members and spanning multiple millenniums, I'd say that it's not consistent at all.

Omnislash Kid
Well, Grievous isn't very consistent. imo I put Maul above TCW Obi-Wan, who was able to cut off two of his hands. Logically, if Obi-Wan is capable of taking him him in full form (being all of this hands)and taking him down to two hand then I would say Maul would also be capable of that. Grievous retreated from Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan would have won either way. The fact that people use the "Obi-Wan had to use a blaster" argument is flaw since not only is Grievous capable of more easily deflecting a blaster bolt, but Obi-Wan is a trained lightsaber user meaning he's more skilled in using a lightsaber than a blaster. Also, he was forced to use a blaster since he lost his lightsaber. It's not like it was destroyed be Grievous or anything. That's why I think that argument is flaw.
So, I wouldn't say he wins 10/10, but I think this fight could be a 50/50 split. That's just me though.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

ROTS Grevious probably beats Maul due to his >20 strikes per second.
Maul would be able to keep up with that considering jedi and sith have been shown to counter, deflect, parry, ect. strikes that fast and faster. Also, if Maul couldn't he wouldn't engage in direct combat with Maul. He would use his resources and then combat Grievous. Also, considering Maul is also a sith lord who has shown some of the best reflexes and speed I wouldn't say it's out of the 'realm of possibility' that he could engage in direct combat against Grievous. Hell, Obi-Wan did. Well, others did as well and most of them also died. I wont use Mace as an argument though since Mace > Maul.

Galan007
GG (pre-smoker's lung) stomps. Hell, Maul would be hard-pressed to best post-smoker's lung GG, imo.

Grevious is very inconsistent. In the CWC he pwns 6 Jedi with ease. In the CW animated series he gets pwned by Kit Fisto. In ROTS he gets pwned by ROTS Obi Wan. And in the Labyrinth of Evil novel, Grievous was portrayed as Mace's equal/near-equal in the saber department -- he even whipped up his own version of Vaapad, on the fly.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
Maul would be able to keep up with that considering jedi and sith have been shown to counter, deflect, parry, ect. strikes that fast and faster. Also, if Maul couldn't he wouldn't engage in direct combat with Maul. He would use his resources and then combat Grievous. Also, considering Maul is also a sith lord who has shown some of the best reflexes and speed I wouldn't say it's out of the 'realm of possibility' that he could engage in direct combat against Grievous. Hell, Obi-Wan did. Well, others did as well and most of them also died. I wont use Mace as an argument though since Mace > Maul.

Obi Wan was arguably the greatest Soresu master to have ever existed...and he was hard pressed to hold off Grevious. Maul uses Juyo, which is more offensively orientated, and isn't as skilled with it as Obi Wan is with Soresu.

One Free Man
Maul wins. He's outrun rockets, defeated the most skilled saber duelist of his time, and took on two jedi at the same time.

Pre-lung-cancer Grievous has no force powers and was held off successfully and on multiple occasions by ashoka.

truejedi
Maul wins with the force. In a sabers contest, he would lose.

One Free Man
Is there such thing as a saber contest without the force?

I agree, take away his use of the lightsaber, and he definitely loses a saber contest.

also, don't let the number fool you. Jedi are written to duel faster than the eye can see. That's pretty damn fast.

Galan007
It seems like some people only recognize Greivous' 'lower' showings, and totally disregard his higher ones.

Meh, it is what it is.

truejedi
Nope, Grievous handled 6 jedi at once, including Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti at the same time. He is certainly not a chump. Maul couldn't have beaten six of them at once.

Galan007
Originally posted by truejedi
Nope, Grievous handled 6 jedi at once, including Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti at the same time. He is certainly not a chump. Maul couldn't have beaten six of them at once. thumb up

And there's also the Grievous/Mace duel in LoE (I only bring that up because I don't feel that Maul would do nearly as well as GG did against Mace.)

One Free Man
Nope, Grievous handled 6 jedi at once, including Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti at the same time. He is certainly not a chump. Maul couldn't have beaten six of them at once. the only two who were noteable, and neither were anywhere near the caliber of manka, vader, or qui-gon.

truejedi
manka? and vader? How do these things matter for who maul is? Shaak Ti was at least as good as old QGJ. 20 magnaguards at once?

One Free Man
maul destroyed them both, manka, and vader, that is. also, as far as shaak ti and ki-adi, please forgive my ignorance of cartoon rip-offs of star wars, but didn't grevious simply not die from the encounter? Is that what we're giving him credit for, not dying?
8IrsE7nRQGE I count 5, and he kills the gay one without him even fighting back, then he defends himself against all four and manages to attack them one by one, killing 2 more extras.

also, what makes shaak ti comparable to qui-gon?

truejedi
Maul didn't fight Vader. I believe it was a clone. Which isn't the same.

One Free Man
do we doubt if sidious was sidious in DE just because he was a clone of himself?

also, he dominated Vader, making whether or not he was a clone or not a moot point.

Nephthys
Who teh **** is manka?

edit: Shaak Ti was noted to be a celebrated swordsman, was very strong with the Force, beat 20 magnagaurds at once and almost killed Galen Marek. What's Qui-Gon got on that?

One Free Man
Maul's first assassination assigment.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_maul

Hewhoknowsall
Maul didn't fight Vader. I believe it was a clone. Which isn't the same.

A clone of Maul would likely be equal to or weaker than Maul himself.

truejedi
Originally posted by One Free Man
do we doubt if sidious was sidious in DE just because he was a clone of himself?

also, he dominated Vader, making whether or not he was a clone or not a moot point.

Sidious essence transferred to himself. It was HIM in a new body.

A clone is NOT that. A clone would have to have the ABSOLUTE Same training and life experience as the original maul to be permissable here as evidence. Clone Maul would have had to kill QGJ, for instance, to be permissable here. He is not.

It is the farthest thing from a moot point. I might as well argue that Dooku could beat Grievous, so maul can, as to say that a clone of maul can beat grievous so maul can. This is a BASIC vs. forum thing man. Get it straight.

truejedi
A clone of Maul would likely be equal to or weaker than Maul himself.
Pure speculation. Not even good speculation. Maybe clone Maul had better or more training. they simply aren't the same person anymore than saying Captain Cody==Jango Fett.

One Free Man
so you're saying that without the training or affordances of original maul, clonemaul was able to dominate vader based on the teachings of no-ones? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection

And clone-maul would have been taught better by these nobodies than sidious?

truejedi
Fact: Its not the same person. No matter WHAT it did, it doesn't help a Maul argument. Anything else you try to add about this NOT MAUL PERSON will be ignored.

If Boba Fett==Jango Fett, THEN you have argument, till then, you don't.

Who gives a shit; this is retarded.

Greivous would hand Vader his ass if Vader fought him in the same way he fought Maul; not using any offensive force powers at all besides like one or two throws.

Maul's track record is beating Anoon Bondera the featless wonder and Qui-Gon Jinn the featless wonder, twenty seconds later he gets chopped in half by angsty Obi-Wan. Those are his high showings.

Grievous high showing is holding off multiple Jedi without a scratch, getting dragged by a high speed train with zero damage inflicted upon his body, tearing through clone honor guards, easily dispatching Shaak Ti who moments prior showed enough skill to fight off twenty+ magna guards without a scratch, and stalemating mace freakin' windu in a lightsaber fight and replicating Vapaad on the fly.

The two aren't even comparable.

mattatom
Well technically they are comparable.

Maul uses a double bladed saber.
However
Grievous uses 1-6 single sabers.

This has nothing to do with the debate at hand, I am just showing, they can be compared.

Gideon
^ That's more than a little biased. You should be careful: the opposition might tear into you with Grievous's performance from the new series.

It really is terrible.

Originally posted by mattatom
Well technically they are comparable.

Maul uses a double bladed saber.
However
Grievous uses 1-6 single sabers.

This has nothing to do with the debate at hand, I am just showing, they can be compared.

Shut up.

Please?
Originally posted by Gideon
^ That's more than a little biased. You should be careful: the opposition might tear into you with Grievous's performance from the new series.

It really is terrible.

I'm counting on someone bringing them up so I can destroy them on a case by case basis.

Specifically, going specifically by feats Ashouka's shaping up to be one the best duelists in the order... ermm You need to discuss her in your holocron thingy, if that's still going on.

From what I recall Greivous has been embarassed by... Ashouka, Kit Fisto, and someone else that I'm drawing a blank on.

Hewhoknowsall

It really is terrible.

Which is why I said Grevious's inconsistent.

Again:

CWC Grevious pwns Maul - CWC Grevious pwned 6 Jedi, 2 being council members (Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti), at once
CW animated Grevious loses to Maul - CW animated Grevious got defeated easily by Kit Fisto.
ROTS Grevious beats Maul - 20+ strikes per second

mattatom
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Shut up.

Please?
Sure, sorry I was bored
Not
shifty

Sure, sorry I was bored

I still love you

Hewhoknowsall
@Re: Blaxican

Are you really Final Blaxican?

Gideon
Eeth Koth, I believe.

@Re: Blaxican

Are you really Final Blaxican?

I am. If you don't believe me, I'll take my pants off.

Eeth Koth, I believe.

Yeah, that guy.

I got nothing on him.

Hewhoknowsall
I am. If you don't believe me, I'll take my pants off.

When did you realize that the Comic Book vs. Forum for KMC forums wasn't really closing? wink

Tomorrow

Galan007
Who gives a shit; this is retarded.

Greivous would hand Vader his ass if Vader fought him in the same way he fought Maul; not using any offensive force powers at all besides like one or two throws.

Maul's track record is beating Anoon Bondera the featless wonder and Qui-Gon Jinn the featless wonder, twenty seconds later he gets chopped in half by angsty Obi-Wan. Those are his high showings.

Grievous high showing is holding off multiple Jedi without a scratch, getting dragged by a high speed train with zero damage inflicted upon his body, tearing through clone honor guards, easily dispatching Shaak Ti who moments prior showed enough skill to fight off twenty+ magna guards without a scratch, and stalemating mace freakin' windu in a lightsaber fight and replicating Vapaad on the fly.

The two aren't even comparable. Someone gets it. thumb up

truejedi
just don't try the clones==the character we are discussing game. ****es me off every time. Its just so incorrect. This forum USED to have STANDARDS. : )

Hewhoknowsall
just don't try the clones==the character we are discussing game. ****es me off every time. Its just so incorrect. This forum USED to have STANDARDS. : )

I don't see how a clone of Maul could be stronger than the actual Maul; the actual Maul was brutally trained throughout his entire life by SIDIOUS. Perhaps that clone of Maul was trained specifically to fight Vader.

truejedi
Life experience ? Harder missions? Maybe the one not raised by a freaking Sith Lord would be a little bit mentally more stable. They are simply incomparable, too many variables.

Darth Martin
Don't mean to be a prick; but did we not just have this thread not too long ago?

One Free Man
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Don't mean to be a prick; Too late, mission accomplished. teehee

SIDIOUS 66
When has it been proven that it was actually a clone of Maul? Isn't the title Resurrection?

mattatom
Vader enters a hollowed out volcano and is confronted by a number of Prophets of the Dark Side. They inform him that the information about the rebels is false, and that they brought him here because they don't think he is fit to serve the Emperor. As he attempts to strike the prophets down, he is blocked by a copy of Darth Maul. The Prophets resurrected Maul to replace Vader at the Emperor's side, and they goad Vader into dueling with the former Sith apprentice.

Yes the title is resurrection.

truejedi
Vader enters a hollowed out volcano and is confronted by a number of Prophets of the Dark Side. They inform him that the information about the rebels is false, and that they brought him here because they don't think he is fit to serve the Emperor. As he attempts to strike the prophets down, he is blocked by a copy of Darth Maul. The Prophets resurrected Maul to replace Vader at the Emperor's side, and they goad Vader into dueling with the former Sith apprentice.

Yes the title is resurrection.

Thanks Matt.

Yeah, the final book in LOTF was INVINCIBLE, and everybody who fought got injured and killed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.