Clone Troopers versus the Star Wars OT.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
OK, the Star Wars OT. Stormtroopers were incredibly inept, they couldn't hit shit, so I had an idea. For each of the following battles/fights, replace the Stormtroopers with Clone Troopers, and decide how the battle/fight would have turned out:

Battle one: Han, Luke, Ben and the others aboard the Death Star, rescuing Leia. Would they have been able to rescue Leia, fight off the Clone troopers, and escape in their ship?

Battle two: The battle of Yavin. Clones piloting the TIE's. Would the rebels have succeeded in destroying the Death Star?

Battle three: Cloud city. Would Lando, Leia and Chewie have been able to fight off the Clones, make their way to the Falcon, and escape?

Battle four: Battle of Endor. How would the battle of Endor turn out if the Clones had been there instead of the Stormtroopers?

Rogue Jedi
1. Rebels are killed.

2. Rebels succeed, clones never showed any good piloting skills.

3. Rebels are killed.

4. Rebels and Ewoks are killed.

Darth Martin
The discussion of Stormtroopers is a good one because of the discrepancy between their interpretation in the EU and film potrayal. I like to think of them along the EU lines; elite. Not quite as skilled as the Clones(most of the early stormtroopers were infact clones), but possessing far superior technology that more than made up for the disadvantage.

1.The 501st slaughtered Jedi everywhere when Order 66 was initiated. Kenobi, at this point in the series, is a good lightsaber duelist but didn't show anything with the Force to make me believe he'd survive.
2.Not sure; The Imperial TIE pilots actually seemed pretty skilled and competent. I remember many Rebel pilots dying in the films. Do the Clones get Darth Vader? He was a HUGE part in the Empire's stance there. He destroyed al, with the all the fighters going after the Death Star's weak spot with ease, minus Luke.
3.No; Solo is nothing to the elite Clone Troopers. Wookies were slaughtered on Kashykk in ROTS.
4.Clones; They raided the Jedi Temple sucessfully.

Rogue Jedi
You know, I can't help but think that Vader and Palpy had to have noticed how shitty Stormtroopers were.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.