Indiana Jones vs. Han Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Setting: The rooftop of Nakatomi Plaza.

Round one: Hand to hand. To the death. Fight starts at the center of the roof on the helipad.

Round two: Indy has his whip and his pistol. Han has his blaster. To the death. Fight starts with each other at opposite ends of the rooftop, below in the stairwells, so they have to search and destroy.

Which version of Harrison Ford prevails?

Rogue Jedi
Round one goes to Indy, 10/10.

Two? Indy 8/10.

Impediment
Really? Han is a sneaky f*cker, since he is a smuggler. He did hide from the Imperials in the Falcon, so I think that he might have the edge on sneakiness.

Rogue Jedi
And Indy snuck his way into a nazi rally, faced Hitler, and escaped with the diary. Not to mention the submarine scene from ROTL.

Rogue Jedi
Not to mention when he got to the island, he KO'd a nazi, stole his uniform, followed the nazis, and acquired a bazooka.

KingD19
Han's quicker on the draw though.

BruceSkywalker
Round 1, Indy beats the crap out of Han..

Round 2, Han blasts several holes in Indy

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
Han's quicker on the draw though. Sure about that? Han's draw against Vader on Cloud City wasn't uber fast.

KingD19
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Sure about that? Han's draw against Vader on Cloud City wasn't uber fast.

Obviously not, he wasn't expecting Vader, and Vader is a Sith Lord, Han would be slow, especially to him.

And against Greedo, Han pulled second, and still blasted him. And you can't deny that shot was fast.

What quick-draw feats does Indy have?

Rogue Jedi
Dunno about quick draw, but Indy was pretty uber with his whip. Odds are he'd disarm Solo with it.

And Indy has some pretty good gun feats, Marions tavern for one.

KingD19
By the time he cocks his arm back and goes to flick the whip forward, Solo has burned a hole in him.

Rogue Jedi
And when did Han show uber marksmanship? His was no better than Indy's, and his draw was no faster than Indy's. What this will come down to is stealth, which Indy showed plenty of.

KingD19
He blasted the center of Vader's hand several times in rapid succession.

And yes, his draw was fast than Indy's, shown when Greedo shot first, and Han fired less than a split second later, hitting him dead on.

Rogue Jedi
Hans blaster was already drawn, Greedo didnt see him drawing it. He drew his blaster slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

And Indy nailed the swordsman from the same distance that Han nailed Vaders hand, AND it was a shot from the hip.

KingD19
Still, he fired off a shot less than a split second after Greedo did. He literally fired while you could still hear Greedo's blast going off.

And where did Indy hit the swordsman, and how many times?

Hand shot Vader at least 3 times in the same spot on his hand, which wasn't all that big.

Rogue Jedi
His hand was on the trigger, dude. All he had to do was squeeze. How is that impressive?

One shot, center mass.

So? Has Han ever been unarmed with guns on him, disarm them, then kill them with their own guns? No. Indy has. It doesn't take an uber shooter to aim and hit the sameish spot three times, hell, I can do that.

KingD19
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
His hand was on the trigger, dude. All he had to do was squeeze. How is that impressive?

One shot, center mass.

So? Has Han ever been unarmed with guns on him, disarm them, then kill them with their own guns? No. Indy has. It doesn't take an uber shooter to aim and hit the sameish spot three times, hell, I can do that.

What was impressive was that he squeezed right after Greedo, while his blast was still exiting his blaster.

I can get a center mass shot from the hip.

No, Han hasn't had too.

And to hit the exact same spot in the middle of someones hand, from across the room at least 3 times is amazing. Not grouped closely, the exact spot.

Rogue Jedi
How is that impressive? He was two feet away, his hand on the trigger, all he had to do was squeeze. That's barely even a feat.

"Han hasn't had too." Han was never shown doing so. Therefore Han can't.

And no, it's not amazing to hit the sameish spot three times in rapid succession. It merely shows he is a GOOD shot, that's all. I can do the same with a Beretta.

Screen feats. Indy is better in a gunfight. Han runs from a group of stormtroopers who can't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Indy? He chases down a Nazi truck convoy while taking machine gun fire and pwns. Six men, one bullet, what more do you want? Taking on a tank division in TLC? Yeah, that's the clincher.

XanatosForever
Han shot first. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Mhm.

Nightstick
I'm sorry this isn't even fair. Riggs or McClane vs Indy I get. They are legit action heroes with solid feats. We've got almost nothing for Solo, as cool as he is he just doesn't have much in the way of combat feats. As talked about Indy is just if not more stealthy. He also has way more H2H feats, and as the beginning of "Raiders" showed. He is just as fast on the draw as Solo. He managed to draw and use his whip before the man with a gun trained on him, finger on the trigger could fire.

DarkNemesis
Indy stomps both scenarios.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah.

Impediment
Indy is hardcore. I have to admit. He's the toughman's toughman.

Still, I was thinking that Han had the sneaky "search and destroy" edge.

Rogue Jedi
He did, but Indy has stealth feats out the yazoo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.